[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to reattac power supply cord to breaker panel in rv can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151221_144618.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_144618.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
Trying to reattac power supply cord to breaker panel in rv can't loosen tight cable clamp nut seen in pic have tried prying with screwdriver

What do
>>
>>918244
Put a big flat screwdriver on one of the little tabs on the nut and hit the screwdriver with something
>>
My ground and neutral bus bar screws are both frozen

What do
>>
>>918258
this. This is what professionals do
>>
Get a bigger screw driver.
>>
Are you talking about the cable on the top right of the image? Get a beating flat head and line it up with one of the tabs on your lock nut, and then beat the shit out of it. Make sure you go in the right direction though.
>>
>>918371
Actually is what we do, easier than getting channel locks into such a tight box haha
>>
I use these for locknuts that the hulk put on.
>>
>>918258
It's what I do.
It's how I put them on too if I can't free spin the outside part of the connector.
>>
>>918453
I got that off by using a large wrench on the outter part that tab nut is not meant to turn freely on the inside it has a locking plastic groove.

Anyway I almost got the job done except I can't loosen the ground and neutral bus bar screws now just sprayed some gasoline/motor oil/goof off mixture on them since I have no penetrating oil..

Otherwise what should I do
>>
File: IMG_20151222_131204.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151222_131204.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
I tried smaller and larger screw driver don't really want to drill them out
>>
>>918258
Yep, this is right, hammer the teeth with a screw driver and hammer to loosen it. You can tighten it the same way.
>>
>>918701
>spraying flammable liquid on an electric panel
are you fucked?
and again, take a big flat screw driver, the biggest you can fit in the screw slot, and tap the screw driver a bit while its on the screw head. the screws are usually steel and the housing is aluminium so they get all chowdered up with time. hitting them will help loosen. also, press in really hard with the screw driver and go CW/CCW back and forth a bit before trying to unscrew.

if that doesnt work, just beat the mains with a hammer until you die or burn the place down.
>>
>>918714
I'm replacing the power supply cord and it's not plugged in. The flammable vapours will evaporate before I put the power on
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.