[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: _.jpg (114 KB, 1268x709) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
114 KB, 1268x709
I need some glue to hold my phone together, it's a Sony Z2 if that even matters.

I replaced the screen and it is held on with just its cable and double sided tape all around, which was specifically manufactured to fit the shape of this phone.

From the three generic chinese glue strip none really worked, because the phone is just slightly warped and the glue won't hold it in place and a gap will form between housing and display over the course of a few hours.

Question: What kind of glue (or double sided tape) is there that I can use in this situation? It should be removable (with a heat gun or hair dryer) just in case.
>>
>>917552
You should be using 3m LSE film, as that's what phones are assembled with.

Clean and degrease the surfaces first.

If you need to fill a gap (I'd replace the bent component, myself), you could probably use layers.
>>
I have the exact same issue with a Z1 Compact. The metal frame that holds all the componants is warped, and there is no real way to straighten that part. Not even sure it's replacable, I've not seen them on Ebay.

I have found Unibond Repair Extreme glue works quite well, it's flexible so will compensate for the warping, but still hold the screen in place. A little heat will loosen it enough to peel apart again at a later date.

My real problem is that aftermarket screens are no-where near as robust as the original Sony one.
>>
>>917556
Thanks. Yes I would like to replace the part or bend it back in shape, but it's the metallic body/frame that's bent. Tricky to bend back, and a replacement part cost almost half as much as I paid for the entire phone.

>>917566
I do have the same experience with cheap replacement screens, backlight bleeding all around and super sensitive to touch.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.