[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cement statue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I'm doing a statue cast out of myself just because I'm on vacation and don't have much to do, my plan is to cover my body with plastic film and use toilet paper + glue + water on it, first the front half then the rear, then once it's dried up I'd cast the front, then add the mold to it and cast it so the concrete kind of sticks together.
Thought you might find this amusing. Anyways, any advice/ideas? Will I need an assistant?
What could I use it for?
>decoration
>dressing it up and freaking my brother out since he's kind of a wuss when he's in the mood
>doing it repeatedly and putting them across the town
>>
>>916971
>Toilet paper and glue
As your mold?

The human body has close to the density of water 1000kg/m^3. Concrete has a density of 2400kg/m^3.

The concrete will weigh 2.5 times your weight. Is your mold strong enough to support 375 lbs or more of liquid concrete?
>>
>>916971
Do it in sections. Make each mold in sections, just parts of your body. Then cast each section separately. When done you can piece these concrete pieces together. You'll be able to fill in any cracks and such. After that you'll have something you can either use to make a full mold in one piece leave it as is and use that as your statue.

Doing it in sections will make it much more manageable. You'll also be able to figure out better methods as you go along.
>>
>>916977
it would be pretty thick and partially buried in sand during the process
it's the easiest and most cheap option still
>>
>>916986
nice, maybe I can arrange it into a sitting position if I make different ones for each limb
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.