[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kitchen plinths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: untitled-1.jpg (65 KB, 1028x651) Image search: [Google]
untitled-1.jpg
65 KB, 1028x651
I've got these shitty kitchen boards made out of metal with a single crappy rail on the back, and a cheap clasp from some German company that only sells to the trade.

Over time, the little clasps have broken, meaning the boards barely hold in place, and one keeps falling down constantly.

I can't buy these clasps anywhere, because they have a specific dumb retard system that doesn't work properly, and I can't buy some other types and bodge them to fit with screws because there's nothing to screw into on a mm or two of aluminium.

How can I cheaply keep these stupid things attached non-permanently without going out and just buying a bunch of new kickboards?
>>
what, do you take them off weekly to vacuum?

just do 2 dabs of silicone and call it a day
>>
>>916550
Get some 3m hook and loop or hook and hook system or whatever and stick it on.
>>
>>916555
They've got a bit of sealant at the bottom, the issue is that the crappy clasps leave half of them resting at 70 degree angles as they're poorly supported.

>>916558
Velcro? You know how plinths work, right? One large rigid body, lots of small plinths it has to grab onto. There's also a fair bit of distance between where the plinth is and where the board is.
>>
>>916560
So screw a firring strip to the plinths and put Velcro on it. You know how fasteners work right, salty chum?
>>
>>916579
That removes both all point of the plinths, and ever removing the board. You know there's the possibility of pulling out shit like dishwashers and washing machines, right? You need to be able to adjust plinth height, which gets hard when something is screwed through them, or requires unscrewing a dozen screws to access.

And before you ask, I've had to remove both in the past year to fix issues.
>>
>>916588
>Velcro is permanent now.
Wowza
>>
>>916602
The fucking strip I'd need to install under my cabinets to attach velcro to would be. Unscrewing it a few times would quickly fuck up the holes, and then I'd be back in exactly the same situation.
>>
>>916603
Stop hiding your weed and cash under the fucking toe board. The drug dog is t going to be impressed, I guarantee it
>>
I would say your best bet would be to take some pics of the attach points as well as one of the plinths in to your local hardware store and see what they can recommend. Perhaps they can special order something directly from a cabinet manufacturer.

Alternatively, you could try to order from here as a Google image search showed a similar cabinet to your pic:
http://www.daro.com/building-materials/cabinets/plinth-fittings.html

Good luck with your project.
>>
You could also just order new plinth faceplates that are thicker. should be able to find a pretty close match at IKEA:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/23615/?filter=online
>>
>>916550
Is the brand poggenpohl? If so they should be on magnets mainly. Did you try calling a cabinet shop and seeing if they'll order you some?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.