[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix the hole at the top to make it be able to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 750x1334
How would you fix the hole at the top to make it be able to be strung for a necklace? It chipped when I tried to clean it.

Don't even know if this is the right board and didn't see similar threads in the catalog.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 750x1334
from before if it matters
>>
that looks a though one...

My first idea would be to use an epoxy resin putty. People use it to sculpt.
Would probably put a large lump over the hole mould it into shape then add a new hole before it sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvoLmUUB-A
>>
>>916280
The easiest fix is to superglue a bit of wire or paperclip across the top. Maybe smooth out the broken edges first. Always clean before you glue.

>>916286
This is the neatest solution, though I have no idea how hard it is to make the shape right. Maybe you can fill the whole gap with epoxy and then re-drill the hole.
>>
>>916280
Epoxy Kit look for Weicon
>>
you could use the epoxy putty to mould a frame for it. I think you can get coloured epoxy so you could make something quite attractive.

You would only need a small bit and then press a bit of pattern into it with a pencil.
>>
>>916305
A mix of these solutions epoxy some bracing over the gap and fill the hole while you're at it. Then drill a new hole.
>>
Buy one of these for fifty cents
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.