[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
asbestos dangers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: jekyllandhyde.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
jekyllandhyde.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
I was fixing a hole in my basement today from another diy project gone wrong. Upon clearing the drywall (brown backed) hole I noticed that some areas that had been chipped had little clear/silver hairs popping out ...it was isolated and maybe in one or two area with maybe a handfull of tiny little strands sticking out. My question is...what the hell are they? It cant be asbestos as this basement was built around 2000...I know nothing about drywall so maybe someone can help?
>>
>>915989
Mildew
>>
>>915989
We still very much use asbestos today.

>tfw cheap building materials
>>
>>915989
fibre strands
also sucks to breathe
>>
You could take safety percautions and grab a bit of it and burn it outside. If theres metal or crystals left over in the ash then its quite possibly abestos.
>>
Probably fiberglass. Are these "hairs" really small more like peach fuzz ? This is normal in sheets you get today
>>
>>915989

Why didn't you take a fucking picture you fucking faggot?
>>
File: 1450298246349.jpg (89 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
1450298246349.jpg
89 KB, 600x484
>>916024
>You could take safety percautions and grab a bit of it and burn it outside.

DONT LISTEN TO THIS FAGGOT, YOU DO THAT YOU FREE EVERY SINGLE ASBESTOS FIBRE THAT IS STILL TRAPPED IN MATERIAL.
YOU BREATH THAT YOU MIGHT AS WELL START ASKING POKEDEX ABOUT YOUR BREED OF CANCER.
>>
File: 14287031612860.jpg (49 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
14287031612860.jpg
49 KB, 500x485
>>916748
That said you cant really burn drywall so...
Still, dont do that.
>>
>>916748
you could burn it outside without your face being directly over it...
>>
>>916749

so much nightmare fuel, thanks asshole
>>
Its most likely a concrete additive. I don't know of a single application where fiberous asbestos was used in conjunction with concrete. Black tar waterproofing yes, concrete additive not so much.
>>
>>916024
you trying to kill him nigger?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.