[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working on my long-distance fluid transfer system Any advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Poorly covered work computer.png (2 MB, 1224x1223) Image search: [Google]
Poorly covered work computer.png
2 MB, 1224x1223
Working on my long-distance fluid transfer system

Any advice?
>>
moar pumps
>>
>any advice?

I'm torn between "You should add a pump to help offset the pressure loss from the length of tube" and "kill yourself".
>>
>>914063
Raise it up above your head on a stand or something. Then you can start a siphon flow. You can place a clothespin on the end to turn the flow on and off. No pumping needed. Make sure to tape the connections well to prevent leaks.

>>914065
kek
>>
While I was living in dorms the residence advisor explained we could have open alcohol in our rooms but not the hallways. I asked if I could drink in the hallways if I used a very long straw connected to a beverage in my room. He was a mechanical engineering grad student and insisted I couldn't suck hard enough for that to work. I proved him wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0653.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Everything's coming together smoothly so far
>>
>>914073

I think you are going to need to run several boxes in parallel.

>inb4 jugs
>>
you need to make a little dock for the box so it doesnt fall over.
>>
>>914072
Sounds kinda gay brah
>>
>>914072
So you sucked him off through a straw?
>>
File: IMG_0654[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0654[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>914083
Alright the box is anchored
>>
File: blood.jpg (17 KB, 562x269) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
17 KB, 562x269
milkshake etc
>>
>>914100
Add a couple of one way valves to prevent backflow
>>
>>914073
Loops guy.. It's nothing without loops
>>
>>914081
This>>914157
>>
>>914063
Get out and find a girl who will assist you in a fluid transfer.
>>
Use a thicker straw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUmZrtiXDik
>>
>>914157
He can just press his tongue on the opening to prevent backflow
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sorry had to go to work (also ran out of straws)

I think it would be better to line the boxes in sequence so that the flavour changes over time rather than all at once
>>
>>914268

Doing gods work anon.
>>
>>914268
What alcohol will you use
>>
>>914063
larger diameter straw, and run it under the table so the juice does not clog up desk space.
>>
File: pump.jpg (37 KB, 800x555) Image search: [Google]
pump.jpg
37 KB, 800x555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcjWd-O4jI
>>
>>914268
Any more progress?
>>
>>914268
pure genius
>>
Make a dock that you just pop the juices in and out of like cartridges
>>
>>914268
Good work fellow Canadian anon!
>>
>>914063
>>914073
>>914100
>>914268

If the business end of the fluid transfer system is below the bottom of the box, once you get the flow started it will go until the box is drained or you raise the end/physically stopper it. I think at least, that's how I used to drain fish tanks to clean them. I'm not sure if that also goes for if any part of the middle of the system is below the bottom of the box.
>>
>>914268
Impressive.
>>
>>914063
OP died of diabetes from to much sugary drink intake. It was for science.
>>
>>914063
Wait, let me guess: government employee?
>>
>>914072
Something something golf ball garden hose
>>
Now this is a high quality thread
>>
Do it with something you can refill, so you don't have to redo the straw system when you run out.
>>
>>915230
How to spot a Canadian:

Look for the no name.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.