[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/diy/, I really need some help. I found this rail and took it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151208_140335.jpg (272 KB, 1022x1022) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_140335.jpg
272 KB, 1022x1022
/diy/, I really need some help.

I found this rail and took it planning to skateboard on it. I'm not sure if you can see, but the supports on the bottom of the rail go to one side. It lies down perfectly, but since the weight is one one side, it tips when I try to skateboard on it. What can I do to keep it still? I don't want to keep it one place as I plan on moving it, so I can't lock it into the ground. I have some ply wood, some 2 x 4s, an electric drill with some drillbits, and (really shitty) hacksaw. Keep in mind that the hole on the bottom of the supports for drilling it into the ground is really really big, too big for any of my screws. Thanks
>>
File: sk8rb8r.jpg (449 KB, 1022x1022) Image search: [Google]
sk8rb8r.jpg
449 KB, 1022x1022
planks of wood like pic related. put cinder blocks on top of wood planks.
>>
Supports directly under each end should help, unless that curved shape does something strange to the FBD. Alternatively the wood and cinder blocks seems pretty foolproof if somewhat heavy handed.
>>
I forgot to mention that making the supports into a more triangular configuration will help with lateral movement but likely will not do much for vertical movement.
>>
>>913337
I was planning on doing soemthing like this, but I lack cinderblocks plus that would get in the way of skateboarding, you would hit the wood. How long would they have to be in order to support the rail? Thanks

>>913338
I was planning on cutting one of my 2x4s into supports, but my hacksaw is so shitty that it was taking too long. Any tips? Also
>FDB
what is that

>>913343
It doesn't move vertically or laterally, it really just tips over onto it's side.
>>
File: 1210152249.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1210152249.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
Update: I put 2x4s under the supports, plywood over the supports and drilled them in. It seems to hold up but it's pretty sketchy. I'll skate it tomorrow and update
>>
>>913450

Post video of trial on /b/ wrecked thread please.
>>
>>913337
This. Use 4x4 pressure treated or 4x6, whatever fits.
>>
File: redheadanchor.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
redheadanchor.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
anchor that bitch to the concrete, use pic related
>>
>>913450
>>913584
it works great :)
>>
Wider stance on the legs
Metal>wood
Welds>fasteners
Although the reverse is probably true for practicality.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.