[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Check out this thing I found. It's a nice ~ 1.5'x1.5'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Check out this thing I found. It's a nice ~ 1.5'x1.5' mounting box and it had some ab industrial relays and a square d nema 0 in it. The things people throw away..
>>
Not that surprising. One man's trash etc. Good score if you need it.
>>
>>905085
just gonna end up in your hoard pile huh.
>>
>>905144
not OP but better off in his "hoard pile" than in a land fill you pretentious piece of shit.
>>
File: 1321504154124.jpg (47 KB, 316x452) Image search: [Google]
1321504154124.jpg
47 KB, 316x452
>>906098
How so? His hoard pile will eventually end up in the landfill, you tree hugging liberal filth.
>>
>>906249
because maybe it'll be used someday or part of it will be used instead of buried in the ground? And I'm far from liberal my little c uck.
>>
>>905085
yeah i toss shit like this away on the reg. not worth keeping unless you have a specific use in mind for it
>>
>>906750
> maybe I'll do this
> maybe I'll do that
> maybe

Good luck with that..
>>
>>906249
>>906754

You can recycle electronics. You ... you know that, right?
>>
>>906880
'recycle' in the western world means far away landfill or Chinese cancer town
>>
>>906781
wow dude, really, what a shitty attitude, calm the fuck down
>>
>>906929
I live very close to a county recycling center where I take all my electronics, its a very nice place, the thing is it's run by a company in conjunction with the county.
>>
>>906781
oh i figured you out, you're mad jelly you don't find cool stuff for free
>>
>>906929
Well maybe across the Atlantic it does?
>>
>>907451
His point was stuff like this
E waste recycling companies are like this, they literally ship it to china and dump it.

Sometimes poor people go through it and melt it down with arsenic to get the gold out.
>>
>>906754
Exactly, those relays are worth three tenths of fuckall.
You'd have to be stupid to re-commission them in an electrical installation. I could understand at home or in an appliance to pull you out of the shit though.
>>
>>908549
They're worth 40$ each retail you dumb fuck. There are literally entire businesses dedicated to surplus industrial electronics. It is fun to pretend that you know things, I'll give you that.
>>
File: 1337897403150.jpg (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1337897403150.jpg
66 KB, 400x400
>>
>>905085
I throw things away that cost 50x that. Shits not worth selling, and I have a whole garage full of better new parts.
>I do have 2 very large MCCs in my garage that would have cost 20k each new about 4 years ago, but I can't sell for $200 for both.
>Fucking vfds man
>>
>>908588
Lol no they're not. If anyone paid more than $3 for a used relay in that style, they are fucking retarded.
New RIBs are under $20 and an IDEC and base is under $20, these are consumer prices of course.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.