[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I connect a multiple lead AND gate like the one on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: i dont know shit.jpg (12 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
i dont know shit.jpg
12 KB, 640x500
How would I connect a multiple lead AND gate like the one on the right so that it worked like the one on the left (2 input one output)

please give me links to what gate I should use
>>
>>904896
say you have an ic like 4081
has 4 and gates in it
connect pin 7 to 0v
pin 14 to 5v

use 1 & 2 as inputs and 3 as output
or
use 5 & 6 as inputs and 4 as output
or
use 8 & 9 as inputs and 10 as output
or
use 13 & 12 as inputs and 11 as output
>>
File: Figure1_18-QuadNandIC.gif (5 KB, 454x329) Image search: [Google]
Figure1_18-QuadNandIC.gif
5 KB, 454x329
>>904896
They look like this inside.

AND gate packages are more expensive then NANA packages, so figure modify your circuit to work with NAND gates or less preferably use an inverter package as well.
>>
>>904900
>>904901
what is the vcc and gnd for?

im really new at circuits
>>
>>904900
how does pin 14 and 7 affect the individual gates?
>>
>>904902
vcc is +
4000 series takes up to like 18v
so power it with anything you like, 5v, 9v battery, 12v adapter
gnd is -, connect that to the negative of the battery or whatever

maybe you should start with a bulb and a battery
>>
>>904905
>>904906
but i dont get how 14 and 7 are going to affect the individual gates

this is a bad diagram of what i wanted to run

>A VERY VERY BAD ONE

the blue things are led/s and grey is LED sensor
>>
File: ir circuit.jpg (16 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
ir circuit.jpg
16 KB, 640x400
>>904912
middle block is an NC relay and upper is an NO relay

Z is capacitor and C is the LED affecting F
>>
>>904914
the orange things are the gates
>>
>>904912
14 and 7 affect them in the sense that if you don't apply power across them, the gates won't work.
>>
>>904912
the gates need electricity to run properly
they don't show you the connections on the circuit diagram because then it would get confusing.

think about a nand or a nor or an not gate, when all the inputs are 0 the output is 1, where does the electricity for the 1 come from? from pins 7 and 14.

its like asking why you have to plug in a computer, pressing the keys isn't enough energy its not mechanical.
>>
>>904914
>maybe you should start with a bulb and a battery
>>
>>904914
wtf are you trying to do why the fuck do you need AND gates there why are you so stupid

>maybe you should start with a bulb and a battery
>>
File: code-petzold.jpg (84 KB, 1298x1884) Image search: [Google]
code-petzold.jpg
84 KB, 1298x1884
>>904914
Have you considered starting with a bulb and a battery?

>Also, try reading a book or two
>>
>>904914
Gates are for switching logic level signals, and work kind of like switches, clearly ON or OFF (1 or 0)

I think what you're looking for is amplifiers to boost small changes in a component to lo logic level signals.

Look into op-amps
>>
>>904914
>why do logic chips need their own power
because the logic gates themselves need power to work at all, and they aren't powered by the voltage placed on the inputs

>that diagram
logic gates are only for switching "logic levels" of voltage and current, that is normally very very small.
what you want for this diagram would be more along the lines of a general transistor... probably...

>2 relays, one NO and one NC
normally mechanical relays are a single-pole double-throw, so you wouldn't need two for this (unless you wanted to use solid-state relays, as they are usually only SPST)

what was this thing supposed to do again? (I saw it in another topic but didn't happen to look at it...)
>>
>>904946
Shit, man, I was looking at that book a year ago and forgot to add it to my amazon wish list. Thanks for reminding me, I'll go back to lurking now.
>>
>>904902
>vcc and gnd for?
you have no idea what you are doing.
>>http://www.learnelectronicsonline.com/
>>
>>904896
No one draws AND gates like that

>>904914
No one draws circuit diagrams like that
>>
>>904914
oh it's this guy again. apparently he's not listening to what anyone is telling him. Seriously guy, you really need to learn some very basic stuff before you try building complex circuits. That or you're trolling and you should stop because this isn't the board for that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.