[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Land barges? RV thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_5970.jpg (898 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5970.jpg
898 KB, 1536x2048
Okay folks, I was basically given an ancient RV. I was originally going to scrap it, but considering that I actually got the 440 running with minimal effort, and after I ripped out the nasty-ass 70's interior found that it didn't have a wooden frame, but a nice stamped c-channel frame, I've decided to keep the big bastard. Here's the thing. My wife is a nerd. BIG TIME. I want to redo the inside to look like a spaceship from tv or movies. Budget isn't really a problem, because I have tons of time to finish it, (Dec of next year) so keeping the funds flowing won't be hard over the long term.

My question is: What's the coolest doable interior you have seen on a spaceship? The more info you can give me on a show, the better. Thanks guys!!
>>
File: 2395188224_3219aa16d6_z.jpg (136 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
2395188224_3219aa16d6_z.jpg
136 KB, 640x359
>>899098
what era are we talking? many different versions of futuristic spaceship design. personally I love the 50s predictions versions. much easier to replicate, too.
>>
>>899098
If your wife is a nerd then she has to have a favorite scifi show. Trek, wars, who, 5, gal, etc. Use that as your theme.
>>
>>899104
That's the problem. I asked her, and she named off about 2 dozen. Everything from the millenium falcon to Firefly(serenity) with a few jaunts into 2001 and forbidden planet. This is going to be a total surprise for her, so I can't pick her brain too much or too often or she will start asking too many questions.
>>
http://std3.ru/73/4c/1379759017-734cf068a2c555bfebb9edcd1df8d33a.jpg
>>
Take inspiration from star trek and Knight Rider( old series), that will be awesome
>>
>>899114
millennium falcon, firefly, 2001 are similar enough
that metal industrial type

if I was you I'd do some research in to all the sci fi she said she liked and split them in to general categories
you'll probably end up with like 3 or 4 main styles with some cosmetic differences between each show/movie
so far what I got is metal industrial (star wars, firefly, stargate), clean/sterile (2001, forbidden planet), then like star trek which is somewhere in between

the point I'm trying to make is get familiar with sci fi and then that cuts design choices down a lot and you could go for any style and it would work

and to get more familiar, have a sci fi night with your girlfriend, tell her to pick out all her favourites and watch them with pizza and beer and wine (end with heavy metal and start fuckin her while it's on)
>>
Do the inside of the Planet Express ship. Post pics.
>>
Spaceballs FTW
>>
File: eventhorizon_still9.jpg (164 KB, 1600x680) Image search: [Google]
eventhorizon_still9.jpg
164 KB, 1600x680
Event Horizon
>>
>>899117
Oh my good yes. OP do spaceballs.
>>
>>899114
I'd say Firefly has pretty easy to replicate look.
>>
pics of current interior pls
>>
File: general_mayhem.jpg (2 MB, 4985x2955) Image search: [Google]
general_mayhem.jpg
2 MB, 4985x2955
>>899098

Take out the 440, turn it into a good engine then put it in a more worthy set of wheels.

>pic related
>>
>>899103
Yo that's dope
>>
OP, I'd say basically sheet metal everything. If you try to replicate any famous spaceship from a movie or show. The flaws will jump out.

I'd personally go really kitsch B sci-fi where everything looks like "futuristic" from a 1930's perspective.
>>
File: RV.jpg (128 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
RV.jpg
128 KB, 1000x625
Hera ya go
>>
Spave balls is best answer
>>
File: Alien+2[1].png (913 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Alien+2[1].png
913 KB, 1440x900
>>899098
Hard mode:
Nostromo
>>
File: latest[1].png (273 KB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
273 KB, 640x270
>>900637
PS: chestburster condom would add a nice touch
>>
Just sayin, pure sheet metal will be really cold in the winter and really hot in the summer.
>>
File: 034.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
i got a 93 pacearrow 34ft that i live in full time just remodeled the kitchen. pulled out the booth seat refloored and painted. I ended up putting in a bar top counter to double the counter space and floor space
>>
>>900831
You got before and after pics?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.