[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bunkerbro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: bunker.jpg (136 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bunker.jpg
136 KB, 800x600
hey lads, i was wondering, do we have any news on bunkerbro ?
>>
Who is bunkerbro?
>>
>>897675
why don't you go check the archive or something
>>
I wish...
>>
>>897675
>i am new

He is a legend on this board FYI, probably highest /diy/ creds on the board. You should really look at the archives for his amazing stuff
>>
I picture him dead and bloated floating in an underground pool.

Prove me wrong bunkerbro. Prove me wrong.
>>
Bunkerbro was posting just a few days ago. Unrelated thread, but here on /diy/. Unless I was trolled...

>bump-erbro for Bunkerbro
>>
>>897850
He posts all the time but he's not a faggot so you won't know until there's a new pic of a room you recognize he was working on.
>>
>>897850
> implying he would suffer such a mundane demise as this.

No son, immortals do not die face down in stagnant water. His will face his time when he accidentally punches an elevator shaft through to an upper cavity of hell, and the minions come..

You have my axe bunkerbro.
>>
>>897828
you must be forgetting mechdude and rave shoppingcart guy
>>
>>898103
I think shoppingcart was on archive.moe, but it is kill now anyway. Mechdude is too oldfag for most archives, but yeah, his shit was great.
>>
He doesn't seem to be doing much with it. In his place I'd have started moving furniture and shit in there to make it liveable. He could have his own underground city practically, capable of housing at least a few hundred people of his choosing.
>>
>>898115
>shoppingcart was on archive.moe

Its and other stuff is still here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uh7h6X6UA
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (90 KB, 1900x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
90 KB, 1900x633
Don't have anything exciting to report, just fixing up some parts of the old sleeping quarters.

>stairs finally
>>
File: 20150815_120028.jpg (420 KB, 3182x890) Image search: [Google]
20150815_120028.jpg
420 KB, 3182x890
Six toilets, four showers on this floor. Have taken most of my time this month.

>installed under floor heating for them cold apocalyptic mornings
>>
File: floor.jpg (590 KB, 3922x1194) Image search: [Google]
floor.jpg
590 KB, 3922x1194
Just some touching up. Like I said, nothing exciting. I'm trying to get this done fast as I can, need to take on the helipad before snow arrives or I will have to wait ~3-4 months.
>>
>>898185
All hail bunkerbro!

Dude, you are the one person that makes me truly jealous. How did you get into this? First make money with some other job? Inheritance?

It looks really sweet, really improving a lot. And a helipad. Awesome. And as usual, more pics more better!
>>
>>898179
What would be your preferred soundtrack when walking down these glorious stairs?
>>
>>898182
>Six toilets, four showers

Are you going to rent / lease this out?
>>
File: 20151103_175558.jpg (140 KB, 2125x1195) Image search: [Google]
20151103_175558.jpg
140 KB, 2125x1195
>>898187
>more pics
>spike tra.. I mean third entrance air lock

>>898188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

>>898189
No, just repairing/renovating what was already in place, not much else you can do with toilet stalls.
>>
Woa looks like I missed out on something. normally I skip all the bunker projects because most of them are started by people who are never ever going to go for it
>>
>>898115
More shopping kart bro >>>/wsg/817103
>>
i remember seeing you in ~june, you were talking about receiving an air flitration system i think, have you installed it yet ?
>>
>>898103
>Comparing putting lights and speakers in a stolen shopping cart to buying and renovating a cold war bunker.
>>
>>8981>>898102
He is awaited in Valhalla
>>
>>897676
>not even doing the honor of explaining our savior to this man
>the only OP who ever successfully acquired a bunker out of tons of fucking shitposts
>>
>>898229
Then you obviously haven't been here long

Hey bunker bro, you know the way /k/ have nuggetfest? We should have a get-toge/diy/er. At your bunker. Hosted by you.

With all of the beer brewed by our home brewers

and poison from our distillers

It would be fun
>>
>>898547
I think bunker bro has said this is pretty much his worst nightmare. 4chan invading his bunker, that the government is almost certainly still keeping tabs on.
>>
>>898213
>not much else you can do with toilet stalls.
Well you could rip them out and install a big whirlpool tub or something, but that's probably way more work than you were wanting to get into not to mention it would be an insane waste of water in a real apocalypse scenario.
>>
File: helmet.jpg (27 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
27 KB, 600x800
Hey bunkeranon. I am this guy:

http://psychedelicfrontier.com/underwater-tripping-5-hours-bottom-lake/

I think you're an interesting person and would like to be friends. Is there some neutral address I can use to email you? (with proof of identity natch)

There are certain inventions I would like to show you, for one thing
>>
>>898617
best is to post your email here alex and let him contact you

i dont think he enjoys company but idk
>>
>>898626

I do not intend to accompany him anywhere. He has an underground base. That's radical bond villain type shit. I figured he might like to know about stuff I'm working on too.

randomthrowawaycontact.gmail.com
>>
>>898630
...is that supposed to be an email?
>>
I wish bunkerbro would use a tripcode or even namefagged or had a blog or something.
I'd love to easily be able to keep up to date on his progress.
>>
>>898633

Yes, it was supposed to be.
>>
>>898617
I give your helmet a 0/10. Please make sure you've informed others that you wish us to be informed of your death and make sure the Darwin awards are also notified.
>Hi I built a death trap to take drugs
>drugs are cool
>I take them irresponsibly
>I am cool

Also some of you may not understand what OPs bunker is. It's more of a watchpost, not an old missile silo or regenwurmlager.
>>
>>898638

I accept your show of disrespect and decline to retaliate. Instead I'd like to be friends if possible. Certainly there are dangers inherent in anything to do with diving, moreso when the gear is DIY but I took care to include ample warnings against doing such a thing in the article, as well as how to do it with reasonable safety if the reader insists on trying it anyway. I felt that was the least I could do.

I mean no pretense by making occasional recreational use of psychedelics. I mean no disrespect to you by it and do not imagine it makes me a cool person. I am confused how you got that impression from the article and welcome suggestions for how I might present the topic differently.

My thinking was that it was an interesting event others would like to read about and so far the reaction bears that out.
>>
>>898638
yo man you are boring, it is the bravest and boldest individuals in the world to try out new things, and go explore the unknown, and it is always risky to doing so, but these are the heros of humanity, they are the ones who expands the horizon, what have you contributed today except crapping?

>>898642
dont mind the troll, that is definitely an interesting project
>>
>>898593
I could think of nothing more sensible than 4chan in an underground cavern.

>>898617
It's rare to see such intense delusions of grandeur..

>>898630
>I figured he might like to know about stuff I'm working on too.
..or for that matter, unwarranted self importance. The kind of idiot who not only wastes his time with drugs, but thinks risking his life and the lives of those moronic to read his blog, is one I want nothing to do with.

>>898634
I'm not here for the fame, only to share materials and techniques with like minded people.

>>898644
You need better heroes.
>>
>>898654

Well, my apologies if you found my post disagreeable. You set out to be hurtful and succeeded, I am hurt. I feel ashamed of myself and regretful.

I would have liked to show you other projects of mine but now fear that you would ridicule them as well. I still think you are cool and am impressed by what you've done so far with your bunker, and wish you the best going forward.
>>
File: blackoutdinner.jpg (454 KB, 1594x897) Image search: [Google]
blackoutdinner.jpg
454 KB, 1594x897
>>898656
heh dont feel so down on yourself. people on ck make fun of me all the time fr my cooking.

just get used to ridicule, because it feels good if you get a nod of encouragement now and then.

lol sike eat a turd.
>>
>>898617
ignore them anon, that was a pretty interesting article, sitting there underwater sounds comfy as fuck
>>
>>898662
>not cutting the ham in four so it covers the whole bread
>leaving edges uncovered using square cheese
>not spreading the mayo

man, you may be good with renovating bunkers, but you're sandwich a shit
>>
File: 20151008_155720.jpg (247 KB, 2125x1195) Image search: [Google]
20151008_155720.jpg
247 KB, 2125x1195
>>898654
>nice try

If there's no pic, it's most likely not me. Don't really mind people pretending to be me, but don't be so mean about it.
>>
>>898617

I am a pretty keen diver too, this is one of the craziest things I've read in a long time. You're the first person I know of to have built their own helmet!

Do you bother with safety stops?
>>
>>898634
Bunkerbro using a trip is possibly the only time I could actually support someone using a trip.
>>
>>898654
kek obvious level 100
>>
>>898643
You sound like a pretty cool guy trippydiverbro, I salute you.
>>
>>898617
I'm a professional diver (research diver). I have been photographing underwater for years and years, but always with open circuit gear. At one place my boss was photographing wit a rebrrather. Obviously it was easier for him to approach marine life.
I presume your excess air just escapes from somewhere to the surrounding water. Maybe if it is feasible to fig it so that if would go further away, so that it wouldn't bubble up close to you. Then marine life would close up on you more easily...
>>
>>898692

At 15 feet? Not necessary. You have to be deeper than 21 feet before saturation begins to be an issue.

>>898788

A second hose from an outlet just above the lower rim of the helmet up to the surface would work. But one hose is hassle enough. I trust a homemade simple diving helmet more than any rebreather. Lots of deaths attributed to those, too much can go wrong.

>>898776

:'3
>>
File: 1022integral.jpg (39 KB, 951x762) Image search: [Google]
1022integral.jpg
39 KB, 951x762
>>898672
y no trip bro
>>
>>898617
Why did you use the nbome stuff and not lsd? You are an inspiration though, i want to do some shallow water tripping
>>
>>899001

I was in a situation where if I did not remain at least somewhat competent, I might die. I prefer LSD but the headspace can get crazy. Nbomes have a rational headspace that doesn't inhibit you much from being able to perform complex tasks, even as the world violently breathes and morphs around you.

I did get certified too but would hesitate to scuba dive while tripping, as I get nauseous on the come up and wouldn't want to puke into the reg. Helmet diving is a good fit for psychs.
>>
What's with our generation's fascination toward bunkers and small houses?

Personally speaking as a 28 year old millennial, I have a hard-on for minimalist aesthetics and efficiency and I also realize that upkeep on a large house is a lot of work and this comes from the experience of living in my parent's big ol' two-story house. It's also the case of me being cheap too, I want a small place because small typically correlates with cheaper.

What are your reasons? Do you just have childhood dreams of a "cool base" that you never grew out of? That's cool too, don't take offense to that.
>>
>>898986
tripcodes are for jerks
>>
>>899003
Also what are the inventions you wanted to share with op? You have my curiosity. You also can puke through the reg, it just goes into the water
>>
>>899025
>diy
>wants to live in rabbit hutch

- pick one. Never understood the fascination with container living and the like on this board especially myself, seldom seen a diy project that wasn't improved / made easier by having more space.

Im probably an extreme example, could fill an aircraft hanger or Bunkerbro's remarkably Zen-like pied-a-tierre in about a month, and that without trying - but, for me, space=freedom.

diy and tiny houses remain, more or less, incompatible goals, IMO. None of which makes your points about cost and upkeep hassle etc. any less valid tho, your life=your choices, etc. But its (mostly) always people from "large" houses who actually want to live in small ones, and vice-versa. Basically, no-one is ever completely happy with their environment, tis the human condition.
>>
>>899264
The thing about that is you build the tiny house and put up a steel workshop next to it for far less than it would cost to just have the big house.

I practically live out of my bedroom anyway. My bed is above my desk, got a microwave and fridge, and I have everything I need to not leave except to shit and piss. All I need is a good workshop plus that 10x12 living space.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEVECMUJKg0
Isn't kind of stupid to have a bunker when 4chan knows where it is?
>>
>>899264
because tiny houses are comfy af, especially if made of wood. it's like your nest
but you obviously like space, but i'm more into the whole "i'm in my own personnal cocoon i don't want to move an inch anymore"
>>
>>899044
I think I speak for most people when I say that we're interested in seeing the genuine progress of your project. Using trip codes outside of relevance to your project is pretty lame though.
>>
>>900125

Shut the fuck up, nobody likes tripcodes
>>
>>900125
That's why he posts a new image with every post, so we know its bunkerbro. This is the difference between quality and cancer. We all know bunkerbro is legit, we all know how to spot him, he knows he doesn't need a trip, and we know he's not cancer for using one. Everyone wins. Fuck off back to fakebook if you want to idol worship.
>>
Aight people are gonna be fucking mad about this but i fucking wish we could arrange a trip to explore some shit like dora.

And when i say 'we' i mean all the faggots that want to. Shit would be cool imo.
>>
>>900203
do it with your friends
>>
>>898185
what kind of concrete mix did you top layer the floor with? are you planning on polishing? or is it just a substrate.
>>
>>900131
nobody likes useless tripcodes, this is sort of thing tripcodes exsist for. I bet you think sage is a downvote too
>>
>>900136
You can fake a bunker photo, you can't fake a whole tripcode. I see no reason why someone would disinform me of the bunker progress, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. As long as he can be identified through trip code or not you can get cancerous worshippers.
>>
>>900206
>friends
>>
>>900442

>feelsbadman
>>
>>898617
>shitskins
>>
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/18/take-at-look-inside-this-luxury-underground-bunker-capable-of-withstanding-a-20-kiloton-nuclear-blast-thats-on-the-market-for-17-5-million/
>>
Thanks, Bunkerbro.
>>
>>899264
>Im probably an extreme example
>but most people

Your whole post is a bunch of meandering nonsense.
>>
>>903541
not going to lie, 17.5 million is pretty reasonable for that bunker, maybe even cheap
>>
>>904032
Beat me to it.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.