[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a craftsmen weed Wacker and leaf blower that stopped working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: shopping.jpg (11 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
11 KB, 580x580
Have a craftsmen weed Wacker and leaf blower that stopped working after a couple years of no use. I am quite sure this is due to ethanol damage because this was the case with my lawnmower with i sent to the hardware store for repair. It's not worth it for me to send these tools out for repair. Can diy tell me what I have to do too get these guys working again?
>>
Rebuild and clean out the carb. If it ran well before being put up it is unlikely anything other than being gummed up is what the problem is.
>>
>>962352
Thanks
>>
>>962351

Is this another one of those 26cc homelite china whackers?

Mine packed up after storage from carbon seizing the piston rings. The needle settings on the carburetor for these things are set wrong on purpose to meet emissions standards or something. You have to take out the spark plug and fill the cylinder with a solvent like paint thinner and leave it for a few days. You also need to check and make sure the paint thinner doesn't just leak past the stuck piston ring. Drain it out after a couple of days and make sure you drain the crank case too. Clean out the carb, put it all back together and readjust the needles.
>>
>>962370

Or he can just pull the chord and if it is not seized then he doesn't do half that shit.
>>
>>962373
Stuck piston rings doesn't mean a seized piston, it means the opposite. There will be low compression and the motor will turn over very easily.

Easiest way to check is to turn the motor over while the plug is in and out, there should be a significant difference in pulling difficulty.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.