[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, Read this before read me. https://mrmondialisati
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: InteěrieurTack.jpg (175 KB, 780x519) Image search: [Google]
InteěrieurTack.jpg
175 KB, 780x519
Hey /diy/,

Read this before read me.
https://mrmondialisation.org/letonnante-micro-maison-en-bois-de-chris-et-malissa-tack/

What do you think about this kind of housing ?

Exept the master race comfy style, do you think it will have real environmental and economic benefit ?
>>
>>954659

the market prices are over the top for the commercially available ones

they require far less energy to heat/cool so they are, as consumption go, environmentally friendly, especially if the build uses recycled materials

the same goes for the economic benefit if you do it yourself or find a craftsmen who will not skin you alive for it

the permits however are a bitch, that's why most are build on top of trailers, so they can be considered non-permanent

as to what I think.... well at some point of your life you most probably get children, thus making the place inadequate

even if you plan to stay single, at older age the stairs to and from the bed will become troublesome

all, in all it's interesting choice for a part of your life
>>
>>954667
And in regards the insulation ? It's really sure ?
>>
>>954659
Call them what they are: mobile homes. They are fancy trailers for hipsters that don't want to live in a trailer park. Shitty ones at that. They cost a lot more per square foot unless you get a bunch of the materials free and you consider the labor you dump into it worthless. Or you can spend $50k building one that looks like a real house or you can spend $25k and buy one prefabricated that has a real kitchen, real bathroom and is 3 times larger. If cost really is the issue just get a mobile. Lets be real though; its all about looks and not being labeled a trailer park dweller.
>>
>>954659
>What do you think about this kind of housing ?
You think it will be cheaper. It won't.
You think it will be practical. It isn't.
You think it'll be easy. It's not.
You think it's smart. Far from it.
You think you can do it without a building permit, inspections, being up to code, etc. That's all completely wrong.
You think this has never been posted here before. That's wrong, it's been posted 1,000,000 times already.

Just forget it.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 800x400
Build your home on your tuck then just drive it to work everyday.
>>
Just get a fucking caravan
>>
>>954659
Overpriced Trailer Trash

>>954880
Gypsy please go
>>
>>954659
The main issue is that mobile homes are just all around shittily designed 3/4ths of the time. The whole ethos of tiny homes is combining space and built in storage everywhere.
That said, yeah, they're not cheap to build a good one, just cheaper than a regular house/apartment.

The logic behind them is buy cheap land, and live in one instead of renting an apartment. The maintenance costs are less than a big house. no one wants to break into your tiny shitpile. when you move, everything is already packed (and NO ONE actually moves a mobile home. just doesn't happen. they cost a shitton to move for some reason, like 2-5 grand to go 15 miles)

So a fair comparison is not to a house or a mobile home, but to those guys who live on houseboats or yachts full time, which CAN be worthwhile in terms of commute. you pay 30k a year in marina fees and maintenance, instead of 4k a month for a downtown apartment the same size, plus you get a parking spot at marina.
>>
>>954951

And a lot of the time these days you get cable and internet included with slip fees.
>>
>>954659
the whole tiny house thing is bullshit, I'm not sayin I need a mansion but we as a species have worked long and hard to make sure most of us don't have to live in a fucking hut or shack, and you hippies wanna go backwards
>>
>>954686
insulation is pretty much nonexistent, your inside walls are literally just the back of the outside walls, wiring and plumbing in those things is horrible

>>954874
they get around the building codes in most places by building the things on trailers, but yeah it's a shitty idea
>>
>>954927
Gypsy drag their home behind them.
>>
File: DoucheTack.jpg (222 KB, 780x1173) Image search: [Google]
DoucheTack.jpg
222 KB, 780x1173
>>954659
Ahem
>>
>>954998
>your inside walls are literally just the back of the outside walls
The roof is metal yet the ceiling is wood. There could be a 3 1/2" gap between that would be insulated with whatever hippy, hemp based product you can think of.
>>
>>956062
>your inside walls are literally just the back of the outside walls

from what I've seen the walls are the same as any stick built house on a foundation - 2X4 on 16 inch centers. whatever cladding on the exterior and drywall or wood cladding on the inside. so there is 3.5" of space in the wall to fill with whatever insulation you want - just like in a "real" house. that's the same space the electric and plumbing runs through as well.
>>
I have never understood why tiny house people don't just buy actual smaller ranch houses and shit and remodel them in tiny house fashion/treatment. (Obviously excluding the ones that want to be mobile) There are fucktons of like 2/1 houses out there cheap, and you could just gut the thing and re-do it with your fancy little sleeping loft or whatevs.
>>
>>954659
>falling for the voluntary simplicity meme
good goy
>>
I'm working on a forclosed house I bought. And the hardest part is working with the town. They bring up the most obscure problems that could happen under the strangest of circumstances. I think they would die of laughter if I asked them to come out and inspect my tiny house.
>>
I'm big on micro housing. Live in shit town, bought shit land. Built tiny house. About 5 thousand. Small but no rent.
>>
Why does everyone here disagree with the idea of mobile homes?

I literally dont see any drawbacks.

Insulation can be added while the home is built.
Permits? What permits? Its just a damn trailer.
Size is affordable. If you need to house 3 people, one can be built for that size with only a slight increase in price/percentage.
>>
>>957765
So, the reason mobile homes get a shitty SHITTY reputation is because they are lowest common denominator.
So a mobile home isn't a terrible idea to start with, but because it's mobile, the size has to be narrow and long compared to a regular house, and all the rooms have to be passthroughs because exterior doors are expensive and it's not wide enough to have a hallway, except for tiny rooms like bathrooms.
Second, most are built to the lowest common denominator, so they have shitty insulation. Add to that that there's no dedicated roof to protect from sun, and they cook in summer and freeze in winter. oh, and barely up to code electrical and plumbing. No one does maintenance on them, because everyone hopes/expects to be out of there next year. No one (smart, anyway) will actually buy one in a park, because the ground rent is so much. (been looking at real estate in my area: you can rent a house for like 1100/month, or you can buy a 50k trailer and pay 650 a month in ground rent to the park, or you can buy a real house for 75k) So trailers tend to attract all the general slumlord problems, both from landlords not fixing anything, to tennants having 3 am baby's momma fights and never cleaning out trash = roaches and 12 cats and dogs shitting everywhere.
Oh, and mobile homes tend to go to the cheap, leftover land that doesn't already have someone farming/building stuff on it. Which HAPPENS to be land that is regularly flooded or tornadoed, which does not agree with a house with no foundation to anchor it. Which is another reason why trailers tend to be in parks, you need a shelter in case of a big storm, and underground shelters are pricey.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.