[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stepper motor and stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: EasyDriver_V43_Description.png (223 KB, 668x400) Image search: [Google]
EasyDriver_V43_Description.png
223 KB, 668x400
Hi diynosaurs, i'm actually working on a project that requires the use of a stepper motor, in particular i need to control the speed of the motor using an arduino uno. I've read that stepper motors need a dedicated driver to work and i was wondering if i need a particular driver or just the cheapest-random one. I do already have the motor and can provide the name if needed (i didn't find specifications of the exact model though). I was looking forward the easy stepper motor driver, but i'm not sure if that allows me to control the speed by the code on the arduino.
Sorry for my english, it's not my native language, thanks everyone for the help
>>
you see where it says Step Input. you put a pulse on there and it advances one step (equal to, let's say, 3.9 degrees) so, to control speed, you just put out more or fewer pulses. easy peasy.
>>
>>926607
>Hi diynosaurs, i'm actually working on a project that requires the use of a stepper motor, in particular i need to control the speed of the motor using an arduino uno. I've read that stepper motors need a dedicated driver to work and i was wondering if i need a particular driver or just the cheapest-random one.
You do need a "stepper" motor driver, or a motor driver board that can operate a stepper motor. There are also "brushless" (or BLDC) motors and DC motors, and those need different driver circuits.

If the motor is smaller and not put under much mechanical load, just any stepper motor driver will prolly work okay. If the motor is larger then you might want to get one that can put out some current. Can you show the motor or link to where you bought it?

If the motor is a nema 17 or a smaller nema 23, I tend to use a Sainsmart TB6560 1-axis driver.

The 3D printers just use little chip drivers (with no heatsinks) but these occasionally fail too. But Sainsmart has those also if you wanna.
>>
File: 1452183946693.jpg (34 KB, 746x272) Image search: [Google]
1452183946693.jpg
34 KB, 746x272
>>926607
which type of stepper motor do you have? they are controlled in different ways (one has 2 coils, other has 4).
>>
File: stepper motor.jpg (172 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
stepper motor.jpg
172 KB, 1200x1600
>>926692
>>926718

That's the motor i'm trying to use. It was in a printer that i took apart, unfortunately i didn't know how a stepper motor works and i didn't save the driver. I don't know exactly if that has 2 or 4 coils, i guess 4. The connector has 6 pins but the cable that came with it uses only 4 of them, if that can help
>>
>>926607
"pololu" makes good stepper drivers that are arduino uno compatible. also depending on your project, "protoneer" might have a shield that could do most things f the work for you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.