[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting a door knocker like pic related for my father's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Elegant-Knockers-SN.jpg (64 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Elegant-Knockers-SN.jpg
64 KB, 700x700
I'm getting a door knocker like pic related for my father's birthday, how do I know what to look for when it comes to size? What measurements do I need to take?

I already have one with the previous family name on it but would like to know if the holes already on the door will fit the new one.
>>
>>1022683
Do you honestly need to make thread just because you want to screw something to your door?

> how do I know what to look for when it comes to size?
Use common sense. Look at the door and try to find something that will fit style and size.
> What measurements do I need to take?
measure width to find center of the door. Then knock on the door. The point in which you hit to knock on the door will be your hight.
>>
>>1022683
Holy shit are you retarded
>>
I build houses for a living, so I can help you OP. Replacing a door knocker is one of the hardest remodeling tasks there is. It is harder than replacing a granite counter top, for example. I recommend that you hire a professional and be sure to ask for references that are specific to his ability to replace a door knocker, and don't just call, but visit them to see the proof. If he is for real, he will have photographs and perhaps video of him showing the job from start to finish.

A front door is the most important part of a house. You would not install braces on your children's teeth, would you? Replacing a door knocker is similar to fine dental work. Hire a pro, and even if it costs upwards of $300 you will be glad in the long run.
>>
>>1022727
My friend died in door knocker instalation accident. House collapsed on him.
>>
It depends, does your dad like big knockers or little ones? If you want to keep it a surprise, ask your mom.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.