[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diy challange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 13
File: LOST-2.jpg (102 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
LOST-2.jpg
102 KB, 853x480
You are on a stranded island with a plane that crashed on the beach. There are about 20 other surviving passengers.

You are not allowed to look at any pictures of a plane, boat, or tools to referance how to build craft to escape. Only your memory.(That means no Googleing) But you have to survive and build a craft to escape the island.

Explain how you would Do It Yourself.

>I would try to find a map in the Pilots to have an Idea where the hell my island is.
>>
>>1015526
I would probably be able to build a plane out of the scrap metal of the crash, considering I have a perfect memory.
1. A roter in the back
2. Horizontal wing flaps on both wings to control up and down.
3. Vertical wing flap in the back to steet left and right.
4. Strings to pull on and steer it
5. To get some speed for takeoff I could imagine making a pettaling station for 2 other men on the plane moving the wheels if I could find some gears and an chain (I guess I could make thoes out of wood with my knife I sharpened from that hull of the craft.

As long as I can get some coconuts and fish i should be ok. Rain gods plz give rain. Fresh water to drink.
>>
>>1015526
Start emergency transmitter and wait for rescue to show up.

Maybe make some fires to become more visible.

What? That's no fun?

I lash together a cruise ship from shipping containers and imitation crab meat. And just to fuck with you I brought along my solar powered waterproof raspberry pi arduino with all of wikipedia as text with ascii art images to help
>>1015568
You are a delusional motherfucker and that has no chance of working, you need to use more shipping containers
>>
First I look through the luggage and cargo area to see if some guy had a satellite phone
If there is no phone I try to find radio equipment or try to salvage it somehow (I will figure it out as I go along)
>>
>>1015526
take the fat kid's glasses and burn down the island
>>
>>1015596
Stupid Piggy
>>
>>1015526

1. Find volleyball in wreckage. Imprint face on it with blood.
2. Loose wife.
>>
>>1015526
>Scavenge wreckage for loot
>Build awesome boat fleet from palm trees but with low wrecakge use
>Send out the more men possible with the mission to come back with help.
>Live a happy life in a stranded island with the left over girls
>Don't expect faggots to show up.

Damn if i play it nice i even can get my loli army of doom. For educational purpose, of course
>>
>>1015526
>record a shitty tv series
>become rich
>order helicopter pickup
>>
>>1015526
>get the plane to crash near the part of the ocean where all the sea plastic gathers
>make luxury raft from legos
>>
File: Screenshot_20160611-234036.jpg (83 KB, 357x398) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160611-234036.jpg
83 KB, 357x398
>>1015581
>delusional

Thats what they told the wright brothers

Suppose noone is comming?
>you have all of Wikipedia downloaded on your device? Just go on the internet then.... oh... right... no wifi....
>>
Sort through luggage. Sort cloths by typing. Cotton for wearing, artificial fabrics to tie things up.

Shelter, make out of plane debris like surviving sections, doors, anything mostly flat.

Food, begin spear fishing immediately. Make spear from sticks, pointy debris, and artificial fabrics. Try and get a snorkel going and hope the local sea does kill my eye sight/use water goggles than I may find in suitcases.

Get most of the survivors to follow by example. After successful day teach others.

Water, setup rain traps to fill anything on hand that is bucket a bucket shape. Use sticks to spread fabrics wide and funneled to bucket area.

Everything is pretty easy. Just got to hope nature doesn't fuck me over to hard with poisonous fish to eat, drought, idiots who think I should be building a 5 star Hilton, hurricanes, etc.

Once established and no help arrived, begin using resources to build pontoon boats from available material.
>>
Fix plane
Fly it into WTC
Ride home on my 72 virgins
>>
>>1015616

>Loose wife.

You ain't lyin, jack
>>
FIND TIMMY
>>
Recon first, find high and dry spot.
Start building a shelter and a fire using items from wreckage.

Scavenge for food or catch it.

Craft tools using the fire and scrap.
Use tools to build a raft or makeshift boat

This takes up a couple of days,
Since i know where the plane was headed and seen the sun rise and set i pretty much know where i am and should travel to.

People will follow example when they see what i'm doing.
If not, fuck them i don't need em.

If the island is big enough and provides wildlife and forest i'll stay and make my living there because fuck society.
>>
>>1015526

>build generator and RF beacon from scrap
>fuck a different hottie every night
>activate beacon when they start to bore me
>wait for rescue
>get praised hero and genius.
>>
File: 1462259604733.jpg (24 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1462259604733.jpg
24 KB, 496x499
>>1015526
>leave to "find food"
>be gone long enough they assume i'm dead
>sneak back at night and scavenge plane parts, bring them to the other size of the island and build a motorized raft and a radio
>sail for a few days in one direction, then call for help on the radio
>claim to be the only survivor
>get a million dollar book deal to write about my survival story while everyone else starves on the island
>>
>>1015526
what if we don't want to leave?

rent free housing right next to a beach?
as long as there is means of subsistence, screw it

sitting alone on a island somewhere doing nothing is like a dream job
>>
>>1015636
There is no way you are building a human powered aircraft on an island. It is very difficult to get high power to weight ratios using humans as a power source.

Even if you did manage to build one, you'd have a hard time getting very far. World record for HPA distance travelled is like 115 km

>> suppose no one is coming
If you're in a scenario where no one is coming, you're gonna have bigger issues than getting off the island.

I have all of wikipedia downloaded on my phone right now. It's only like 50 gigs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download
>>
if there are only 20 people either left or there were only 20 people on the plane, just wait for people to come looking and have 3 signal fires ready

if only 20 people are left and i was on the plane means it was a large commercial plane that was flying along commercial routes, they can pick up the transponder and figure out where the fuck we are

if there were only 20 passengers chances are it was a private jet and one of those faggots has one of those rescue beacons on them, they are cheap enough

so just chill and wait for people to come

if neither are viable options, build a boat, but knowing how shitty the ocean can be i'd rather just stay on the island, and try to fix the, i assume broken radio and transponder, even just making it into a em noise maker would work to get boats or planes to come looking what the fuck is that noise on our radios, doing the S.O.S dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot signal

fuck trying my luck at sea
>>
Drinking water first, then food, then shelter, simultaneous with sorting through the wreckage for ELT or radio parts if ELT is dead. I'm an aircraft mechanic and prior avionics tech so I could find my way around the parts, but there is no making an aircraft from wreckage. That's pure Hollywood bullshit.

Size of aircraft determines what goodies are on it, including floatation devices, but rafting is probably suicide vs. survive in place and await rescue.

Fucking TSA meant I couldn't take my Leatherman. May they all smoke cock in Hades.
>>
It always bothered me that they didn't make shelters from the wreckage. Anyone else think so too?

>>1015929
One flaw with your plan: the investigators would need to examine the wreckage.
>>
>There is no way you are building a human powered aircraft on an island.
What are you an expert on man-made small aircraft? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean other people can't.

>It is very difficult to get high power to weight ratios using humans as a power source.
Its not human powered, I clearly stated that there is a propeller in the design but the human helps get if off the ground.

>Even if you did manage to build one, you'd have a hard time getting very far. World record for HPA distance travelled is like 115 km
For the last time its not human powered, its human ASSISTED. Just in case I cant find the strongest moter or small engine lying around.

>If you're in a scenario where no one is coming, you're gonna have bigger issues than getting off the island.
If noone is comming to get you WHAT is the biggest problem other than GETTING OFF THE ISLAND! I already addressed food, water, ect

I'll let you have the wikipedia thing assuming that you carry around that device on every trip where you go everywhere and its not broken or water damaged. As unlikely as that it.

But with that attitude it doesn't matter how much information you have, someone like you is not gonna build anything thats gonna get off that island and you are gonna die there. failing this challange.
>>
>>1016099
It does make sense to use the metal on a craft to make stuff
>>
>>1016242
>For the last time its not human powered, its human ASSISTED. Just in case I cant find the strongest moter or small engine lying around.
And what are you going to run said "moter" on?
>>
>>1016242
>What are you an expert on man-made small aircraft? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean other people can't.

I (a new anon) am, and rest assured, with your level of autism, even with a good motor and a welding rig capable of doing aluminum you wouldn't get off the ground. Don't get me started on "oh I'll use the foliage".
Virtually all human powered craft are made of plastic skin-on-frame design anyways.

>propeller=not human powered
kek

>Just in case I cant find the strongest moter or small engine lying around.
>lying around
It's a plane crash, not a scrap yard. There's no way you're finding anything other than the main engines of the plane you came in on.

>no-one coming for you
This is virtually a non-issue in this age.
Take flight tracking and add to that redundant EPIRB/ELB requirements on commercial aircraft, you would have to try to disappear from the start to do so.

Your best bet to survive the rest of your life span is to settle down and wait. Especially if you're on an island, since that is large and doesn't move.
Easier for SAR to find you, and far easier to make and procure basic food, shelter, hydration etc.
>>
>>1015581
Rt rt rt, he didnt even mention the fuel source HAHAHAnand take off speed will not be achieved by peddling. The whritebrothers wer eusing a highly lightweight wooden and canvas plane. This fucker wants to use steel and peddle his way to the air. gahahahhahaha
>>
File: PurePower 1100.jpg (550 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
PurePower 1100.jpg
550 KB, 1600x1067
>>1016356
>There's no way you're finding anything other than the main engines of the plane you came in on.

just strap some wings on it, it'll be fiiiiiiineeeee
>>
>>1016380
Is this how pod racing was invented?
>>
>>1016382

a planet is just an island in space, and spacecraft are basically just airplanes for high altitudes...

...so yeah, a bunch of degenerates scavenging parts to build things that aren't quite good enough to leave the island but make for a good sport comes pretty close to it!
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
>>1015653
Underated post
>>
File: 1405654605552.gif (985 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
1405654605552.gif
985 KB, 500x252
>>1015652
>>1015908

>be search&rescue helicopter pilot
>an aircraft is missing, but satellites picked up ELT signal, so flying there now
>arrive
>all survivors have gone full tribesmen, hunting with spears, building tents, campfires
>everyone is fucking to repopulate island
>it's been 2 hours since crash for fucks sake
>mfw
>>
>>1016273
Depends on what I have on hand

Battery? Small engine, something better?

Its all a game of chance of what I can work with.
>>
>>1016356
Apparently to you
Creativity=autism
So MacGyver must be the mosy ausistic man ever.

Of course the propeller is not human powered you dolt. You do realise that there are more moters on a plane than just the main engine. You do realise that in order for there to be lights on a plane you need a batteries? You do realise that batteries can be removed?

People like you are almost offended when they have to use a bit of creativity to put things together. Oh yea and then you write in conviently having your specific electronic devices(not that it would help someone like you). Well fuck you maybe I conviently a 2 part assembly moter and a dry cell battery in my 2 suitcases perfect for this situation if we are conviently writing in whatever the fuck we want.(like you)

Btw you can't hand wave not building a craft to get off the island, THAT IS the challange. As stated. If you refuse to build a craft and escape you lose the challange.
>>
>>1016375

Lol you have to use an ounce of intelligence and creativity!
>what are batterys for 200
>>
>>1016380
>the main engine is the only moter on an entire commercial airline

I pity the fool
>>
>>1016482
Have you thought about the power storage vs weight of batteries? Even electric cars have trouble with that and range.
>>
>>1016483

>imblyign there aren't like 50 motors on each of the main engines alone

ye ye we know he's a fool, but it's a fun thought.
>>
>>1016480
>>1016482
a Boeing 787 has 2 batteries that store about 1.9 KWh:
http://gm-volt.com/2013/01/22/boeing-787-battery-fire-update/

Your typical ultralight has a power consumption of about 30 horsepower or 22 KW.

Assuming you can build an ultralight from bamboo and coconuts, and that the batteries are fully charged, and you find a magical 100% efficient electric motor in the wreckage, you could fly for 1.9*2 KWh/22 KW = ~10 minutes.

You aren't getting very far.

>> MacGyver
was a TV show.

>>1016380
the main engines and APUs are almost certainly gonna be too damaged to fly, unless said desert island has a runway
>>
>>1016525
>the main engines and APUs are almost certainly gonna be too damaged to fly, unless said desert island has a runway

That was a joke you dense twat
>>
>>1016499
I know there's weight
But thoes car batteries are huge in comparison, im not making a car.
>>1016500
>only the engine on a commercial plane has a moter
>>1016525
ACTULLY your calculations are incorrect, it does not take 30 horsepower for an ultralight plane to take off.
http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/light-stuff-area/8909-minimum-horsepower.html

The true minimum is 3 HP by Adalbert Schmid Ornithopter, that did fly using a partly muscle powered aircraft. http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/Adalbert%20Schmid%20Ornithopter.htm

But to be nice I will consider this 8.5 HP plane by Harly davidson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lympne_...ircraft_trials

Also a 8,5 hp Harley Davidson powered plane took to the skies ( Karhu 1 = Bear 1 ); http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karhu_1
>but muh superlight new materials
It was made in 1924, much of it considing of wood.

And then we have this 15HP or 10 KW aircraft. electromotor PREDATPR30\.
‪Ultralekki szybowiec z nap
‪Motoszybowiec‬‏ - YouTube

So when we look at 8.5-15HP range we see about 36min-22min. Which doubles and tripples your calculatons.

>but thats not that long! Your propeller will stop!
It doesn't matter, a plane does not crash when the propeller stops, its just wont ascend. You will glide. And You can still glide for hundered if not thousands of miles in comparison to your altitude.
For example this little big bird the albatross glides just that, hundreds and thousands of miles in single go.

AND even if I run out of energy thats ok, cus while im flying I can gather energy of the wind with a simple wind turbine like what I made with things lying around my house for my 3rd grade science project, OR I can manualy generate it myself using (the same utility) untill the battery IS recharged.

Now to think of it I could make a flywheel so manual power is easyer like how I fixed the flywheel on my sewing machine

MacGyver may be a T.V show, but its based on real life principles.
>>
>>1016568
And I couldnt fit this in the post so

And the 787 uses battery power for much more than its predecessors did. Traditional aircraft use compressed air from the engines to power extensive pneumatic and hydraulic networks that drive flight control surfaces and other critical systems in the plane. The 787, uses electrical power to accomplish many of these tasks, both directly via electric motors and by running smaller, higher-pressure hydraulic compressors.

Considering that the batterys might be a bit more powerfull than previously anticipated
>>1016525
>>1016568
>>
>>1016588

>Powering up 3hp of power with a wind turbine

What is drag?
What is efficency of a wond turbine?
What is maximum power output of an healty human being?
You fucking think magic exists?

Holly shit this thread is a funny one,i wasn t even intending to write a post here until i started reading your shit.

You are retarded, i am disappinted that i have to live amongst retards like you. My hope in humanity has reached an all time low, thanks to you
>>
Dugout canoe + outrigger. Uses basic tools + fire. Each canoe will hold 2-3 people depending on the tree trunk size used to build it.

Woven palm fronds (or Flax leaves) for sail, simple paddle. Coconuts for drinking and eating.

Simplest navigation is tro travel along a meridian using a stick to navigate. You measure the height of the sun at midday and compare to previous notch on the stick. If you can recover bits of the plane, a magnetic compass is easy to make.
>>
>>1016595
I should have added that the basic rule of survival is to keep it simple. The last thing you want is something that you rely on that fails and you are unable to repair it.

Thos idiots of you suggesting anything more complex than a raft, canoe or whatever just do not have the faintest idea - yopu would be shark shit within weeks.
>>
>>1015526
tie the people together and make a raft. leave the plane alone
>>
>>1015526
set everything on fire, lite the biggest fire the norths ever seen and wait for wildlings
>>
File: butthill.png (208 KB, 445x335) Image search: [Google]
butthill.png
208 KB, 445x335
>>1016480
>Driving a turbine engine with batteries
>making an aircraft fly with the APU
You're not going to make anything airborne out of the wreckage. Get over it.
>>
>>1016568
They're huge because, SURPRISE, you need large capacity to run a motor for long periods. I have a cordless drill that draws ~32A at 18 volts, and that's for a dinky little drill, not motor capable of making a human fly.
>>
File: Read a book nigger.jpg (68 KB, 566x473) Image search: [Google]
Read a book nigger.jpg
68 KB, 566x473
>>1016568
>And You can still glide for hundered if not thousands of miles in comparison to your altitude.
You're not going high or fast enough in an ultralight to do that, much less one made of aluminium scrap, leaves, and autistic ramblings such as yours.
Protip: Your prop will be drag inducing dead weight when it stops.
>>
>>1016568
>AND even if I run out of energy thats ok, cus while im flying I can gather energy of the wind with a simple wind turbine like what I made with things lying around my house for my 3rd grade science project, OR I can manualy generate it myself using (the same utility) untill the battery IS recharged.
Other protip: That turbine generates drag. You're not going to generate enough power to offset the drag and fly forever.
>>
>>1015568
>roter

Kill yourself you god damn imbecile
>>
>>1015636
>noone
>comming

Millennials, everyone
>>
File: SPERGHOUND.jpg (82 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
SPERGHOUND.jpg
82 KB, 550x550
>>1015568
>AIRCRAFT SKIN KNIFE
>>
>>1016441
>implying I need to reproduce and feed more mouths and pregnant monsters
>implying help arrives within 2 hours

Made me kek tho Mr. Pilot
>>
>>1016568
normal human being can produce like 100 W. 200 watts is maximal for man living, who sometimes do some sport and 400 watts can make professional athlets (but only for a couple of seconds).
I think much better solution is gathering Your farts from coconuts and crab meat and use like a rocket fuel and fly up and approach ISS and aboard on ISS and NASA will come for You with new SpaceX rocket. (I find my scenario more possible than Yours.)
>>
>>1015596
fuck off, Jack
go rape pigs with your gay boy club
>>
>>1015526
Someone in /out/ or /k/ (/g/?) must have made a thread about this thread. That's the only way to explain all of the autism.
>>
Sort useful humans from useless.
Band useful group of men and women for companionship. According to every shipwreck story ever, there are always useless dicks who fuck things up. I personally pick them, and kill them at night. Bury bodies for long term emergency food, god forbid.

Main goal for first week:make a food stock. There is plenty of time to build a boat after rescue operations have ceased.

Second week: 5 build, 15 gather.

Third week: 15 build, 5 gather.

Alternate so as to include everyone, alter plan based on experiences, ie woodworker doesn't collect food.

Boat made of plane materials, holds only 4. Before departure, we chose who doesnt mind not going, and choose so as to avoid fights.

Rig together a basic electric trolling motor from whatever if possible to use for as long as possible, row only when necessary. Water is heavy for storage on raft, keeps exhaustion down. Also build SOS flasher and radio from comms.

Saved in 3-6 weeks, got laid by whores, eat human. Seems fun
>>
>>1015568
You ailerons are on the wings and control roll, rudder is on the vertical stabilizer or tail and controls heading, and elevator is on your horizontal stabs and angles it up and down. Hoping by strings you mean steel cables, which depending on the plane there may be plenty. Making a propeller off of memory is not going utilize what little power you would be able to get. There's more but you get the point, plane is not very feasible. However if you are able to cut through the aluminum fuselage without making a mess, it might make a decent boat plus shelter depending on damage.
>>1016242
Aircraft mechanic
>>
>>1016004
A phone is useless after like one day
>>
File: 1467341556766.jpg (35 KB, 735x541) Image search: [Google]
1467341556766.jpg
35 KB, 735x541
>>1016616
>>
>>1016902
Actully now that I look at your post a bit more clearer I see you just descriped what I describes but in slightly more detail. Lol

Do you really think its hard to remember what a propeller looks like, there is only 1 shape to it?

You must have some memory problems
>>
>>1016959
Here's the kicker:
What tools are you going to use to weld the air-frame/ skin?
That assuming you even know how.
>>
>>1016970

Transformer from the radar in the nose cone
>>
>>1016963
Requires a very specific set of angles to maximize efficiency, do it wrong and your just churning the air. Did I miss something or do you have some kind of experience?
>>
>>1015526
Find the Orchid immediately. Turn wheel. Bam! Tunisian desert.
>>
File: sinfest.jpg (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sinfest.jpg
66 KB, 400x400
>>1016963
>Do you really think its hard to remember what a propeller looks like, there is only 1 shape to it?
>Hurr durr I'm retarded and don't know what an airfoil is
>Props are only one shape
Reaction images are all you deserve.
>>
>>1015526
>how to build craft to escape

Why? If I have enough time to build an escape craft then there's enough food and water to live there indefinably.
>>
>>1016987
To weld aluminum?

Man you're more clueless than the Wikipedia weld warriors who constantly post in welding threads even though they've never touched a hood.

That's overlooking the fact that you think the transformer from an airplane's low power radar will be big enough to handle the power you'll need, assuming you can get 400hz AC without the main engines to begin with.
Radars are not microwave ovens. They really don't use all that much power.
Most new planes simply use ADS-A and ADS-B anyways.
>>
Well in a water crash situation the plane has 2 slides that inflates for quick exit, Would probebly try to get those from the plane for a raft.

Food would be on the plane im assuming but fruit might grow and such on the island.

I would try and get as many coconuts as possible for the coconut water.
Could also be used to replace blood plasma btw.

I would also assume that planes have a emargency kit incase of crashes with medkit, flare gun.

Padels would be made from plane parts or wood from the island.
>>
>>1016902
>Aircraft mechanic

I'm an AMT, former USAF avionics, then crosstrained to engines and retired a crew chief. I can weld and do basic sheet metal fab. Still a no-go.

Unless the aircraft you crashed in happened to be carrying a shitload of you ain't taking much apart let alone using it for any sophisticated construction. Boats and rafts are better made of wood from the island if you can't save a liferaft from the wreckage.

I fapped to "Flight of the Phoenix" too but that's pure Hollywood.
>>
>>1017062
>shitload of

Typo should be "shit load of tools and hardware"
>>
>>1017046
I wanna see someone harvest and repair all that wiring harness without tools or a schematic.

>Man you're more clueless than the Wikipedia weld warriors who constantly post in welding threads even though they've never touched a hood.

Nothing on an aircraft is going to weld aluminum unless a welder and filler and genset and consumables were part of the cargo. If they were it was likely an Air Force bird going TDY and those tend to get found it Something Bad happens because any survivable crash would trigger the (surviving) ELT.
>>
>>1017039
And the earth is flat too I'm guessing, lol one shape of prop
>>
>>1017071
I'm afraid you're not making much sense.
>>
>>1017072
Please explain to me in detail the shape of this universal prop
>>
>>1017062
The USAF never taught you most elevators are on the tail? You only listed two primary controls anyway
>>
>>1017077
I'm not that guy.
>>
>>1017080
But your defending half of his post and telling me off? And most of the top might be salvageable if it's a soft enough landing to leave 20 survivors
>>
>>1017081
Show me where I defended his asinine statement of props being one shape.
>>
>>1017039
>>1017072
>>1017083
>>1016963
>>
>>1017086

>>1016963 Is not me, and the other two don't defend "hurr durr props are one shape muh perfikt memory."
Is english your first language?
>>
So when did you join in and why?
>>
File: EP-02-PropellerTrainer.png (58 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
EP-02-PropellerTrainer.png
58 KB, 380x380
>>1016970
This is weird

I think that was my post defending about 6 other replys about the airplane but it seems that some mod decided to delete it for no reason? Maybe I was arguing with a mod and then he got assblasted and SALTY and clicked del.

I'll try to shorthand my last post.
>>1016594
>a small wind turbine has the drag of a parachute
Nice try retard.
>>1016620
>shitposting with a image
You have no argument
>>1017039
Its not hard at all you shitposter with no argument. You have brain problems retard.
>>1016605
Turbine does not fly the plane retard, its clearly seperate you double digit IQ imbecile.
>>1016608
>you're not going high or fast enough
Why cus you say so. You saying "NO YOU WONT!" Is litteretly the best argument you can muster. In your post you imply that you admit it can fly. Why not go higher? Cus you say so? Clearly you are the autistic one.
>>1016848
Its already be proven using 3 HP by Adalbert Schmid Ornithopter, that did fly using a partly muscle powered aircraft.

And I already stated it being partaly ASSISTED.(mainly to recharge the battery) If you are gonna ignore what's already clearly stated then you have no argument.
>>1016606
>comparing your shitty homedepo drill and battery to commercal airline gear
>>1016615
Nice shitposting retard
>>1016970
Depends on what works. I could always build a electrolysis unit. All i need is 8 metal plates from the crash, a sealed container, a tubed hose, and 2.2volts from a battery and through electrolysis I can burn the hydrogen and oxygen from water I tubed out of the container to a nozzel then spark it to combust the gasses into a torch that burns thousands of degrees.

Or I could just punch holes in the material and tie it tightly in place. :)
>>1017089>>1017013
Apparently to you, curved elogated blades are the most complicated shape there could ever be conceived. And NO ONE could possibly remember what curved elogated blades look like.
Pic related. If you can't remember this you have brain problems.
>>
>>1015908
>start building shelter
>catch food
>...
>fuck water, because who needs that

Without a supply of drinkable water, you will die within a few days.
You're unlikely to solar-distill the required amount of water to survive with the materials you would expect to see onboard a typical passenger plane.
>>
>>1015990
up to the point when you need modern civilisation miracles, like antibiotics. Or any kind of non-trivial medicare.
>>
>>1016356
>There's no way you're finding anything other than the main engines of the plane you came in on
There should be an APU, but it'll probably be fugd from the crash.
>>
>>1017046
That radar in the nosecone is used exclusively for weather, it has nothing to do with ADS-B

As for scavenging parts off of it - it will most likely be smashed to shit, since plane crash and it's in the front, covered only by a thin fiberglass cone. Most of the important bits are very close to the antenna.
>>
>>1015911
If you're lucky, Shepard will leave you a pistol and one bullet.
>>
>>1016441
10/10
>>
>>1015568
...or watch a movie!

The first cineima experience I had at 5 y.o.:

The Last Flight Of Noah's Arc
>>
>>1017745
Even then, weather radar would be even lower powered than aircraft avoidance, and wouldn't have anywhere NEAR the parts he thinks it does.
>>
>>1017741
>only in aircraft equipped with one
>>
>>1017734
>from a battery and through electrolysis I can burn the hydrogen and oxygen from water I tubed out of the container to a nozzel then spark it to combust the gasses into a torch that burns thousands of degrees.

Have fun with those brittle welds.
There's a reason no-one welds with Oxy/hydro.
If you think you can weld Aluminum with it, you are a special kind of retard who needs to go back to whatever special ed class of a board you came from.

>I'll fly, you can do anything you put your mind too!!!1!

No. You can't.
Your school Councillor was lying to you.
Flight (of any form) has been around since the late 1700's, we know how it works.
It's not voodoo magic.
It's far more complex than you think, yet also far more understood than you think,

YOU could not build an aircraft at all on hat island, and no-one who could would get anywhere except lost, wet, and hungry, shortly before their death from exposure.

You won't have tools to build an aircraft and you would be the autistic summerfag on the island who keeps tearing down everyone else's shelter while they wait for SAR because
>HUUUUERERUR DUUUERER IMMA MAKE A PLANE MA, U SEE, WE GONN FLLLYYYYYS OUTTA HERE

That's why you would get left on the island.
>>
Holy shit I can't believe so many of you are getting trolled by this ass hat. Even if he's serious he's not worth responding to.
>>
>>1017886
>Implying his replies aren't funny regardless.
>expecting /diy/ to know how to handle trolls
>>
>>1015581
>imitation crab meat
Kill yourself you imbecile
>>
>>1015581
Makes sense to me. Use emergency radio to have a container ship sent to the island along with a Sikorsky Sky Crane.

Sling load the containers and required ship building equipment into the beach. Airlift shipbuilding contractors to beach and weld a raft from the containers. Tow it using the container ship.

Everyone can live on imitation crab meat. Pure yummy win!
>>
>>1016958
better read fast
>>
>>1015526
I'd make a shelter out of plane parts first and adapt to island life.
Then I'd probably attempt to make a raft out of the exploding seat rafts or the balloon slide as well as some interior siding.
>>
>>1019169
Edgie
>>
>>1015636
The issue is how you fucked up the controls, on your wings you have control surfaces for roll, on your horizontal stabilizers you have them for pitch, and the vertical one for yaw
>>
>>1015568
Reminds me of Chicken Run.
>>
>>1015526
1) Get EPIRB from life raft.
2) Activate EPIRB
3) Await rescue while watching everyone else eating/raping each other.
4)?????
5)Profit
>>
>find manifest
>conquer the others
>take sub back to civilization
>realize what I've done
>gotta go back
>>
>>1020856
2 spooky 7 me
>>
>build space rocket
>fly to the mars
>stick flag on it
>go back to the earth
>land in glorious Бaйкoнýp cosmodrome
>sign autographs
>recieve orders
>fuck bitches
>retire early
>invent cancer cure
>>
>>1017834
>Thousands of degrees from a HHO torch won't weld cus I said so

It doesn't matter if your in denial.HHO will easily weld with no problem, if you need more proof go on any of the hundreds of videos of HHO welding on youtube you retard.
>>
>>1019205
There is litteretly nothing wrong with the controls, you posted nothing that would get in the way.
>>
>>1017893
>implying any of this is a troll just cus its ambitious
>>
File: GTAW-Welds-1.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
GTAW-Welds-1.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>1021973
>basic metallurgy for 800 jim
Not only are you supplying gaseous hydrogen, but also water as a byproduct of combustion into the weld.

That weld is going to be more brittle than vanilla sugar wafers.
That assuming you can get a good puddle going in the first place.

I never said you can't weld with it, but no-one who actually makes things that work welds with HHO.
The welds will be shitty and brittle beyond any form of usefulness.
Using JB weld would be a stronger joint.
Just because you can (which YOU can't) doesn't mean you should.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.