[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wooden rings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: 1447826147081-2022565739.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1447826147081-2022565739.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
so, ive made a couple of rings for my girlfriend and I and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for a box to present it in. since theyre wooden rings Id like to try something not made of wood, but if there are no good ideas, then ill take some exotic wood and make some small dovetails.
>>
File: 14478264083021580499355.jpg (732 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
14478264083021580499355.jpg
732 KB, 2048x1152
moar pics
>>
>>903075
>>903076
Beautiful!

Hard to suggest anything aside from wood, which would make a lovely keepsake. If you don't want the rings to be outshined by a wooden box (hardly an issue desu), maybe use a cream colored ceramic dish and some natural twine/hemp cords, or make up a box with board and covered in burlap for that rustic look? Unless you go really simple and make a paper box out of handmade paper of earthy colors, and some twine as ribbon, done.

Just some ideas. Not sure what sort of access you have to craft stuff.
>>
>>903081
my girlfriend folds paper boxes for me too. mostly small gifts and notes and things like that, i've kept them all, so it's nice that you mention that. if i could find a small, intricate pattern, that would make it perfect
>>
>>903084
Perfect! Definitely post pics when you're done. Also
>>903081
>desu
I'm certain I typed "desu"...
>>
File: 1288494338549.gif (65 KB, 150x140) Image search: [Google]
1288494338549.gif
65 KB, 150x140
>>903106
Wow when did 4chan start not liking abbreviations like "t b h" minus the spaces?
>>
>>903107
When it started getting spammed to shit across every board.
>>
Alright m8 I gotta tell you something and take it with a grain of salt. First off, good job. You sat down and did something productive with your time instead of just watching tv or whatever. Kudos. The rings look nice, they're very circular and have a nice finish.

That being said... she's not going to wear them. Take a look at my wedding ring. It's extremely thin. And being that it's metal it can be very thin and still be strong. Thin width keeps the ring from separating my fingers even a half a millimeter and makes it so I can wear it, but it's not noticeable or a discomfort. Girl's rings are even smaller and skinnier. These rings are thick and although they might be light, they are certainly bulky and will be noticeable wearing them. Girl rings also have colors in them like blue or green stones or whatever. This is because girls like accessories that match their outfits. No girl is going to wear a brown outfit just to match her accessories. Instead her accessories compliment her outfit. So unless she has a bunch of brown clothes she probably won't wear it. And even then she'd want some color to offset the brown clothes. Finally girls wear jewelry to get compliments from other girls. I just can't see a girl saying wow I like your bulky wooden brown ring. No offense bro, really they look nice. But I know you know what I mean. Hopefully I'm wrong. But if I'm not and she doesn't wear it, at least you'll know why. Don't take it to heart m8 it's just a girl stuff, something us guys don't really know about. Good job for at least doing something creative with your time.
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 826x1346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 826x1346
>>903111
Pic
>>
File: impressive dubs.png (186 KB, 457x303) Image search: [Google]
impressive dubs.png
186 KB, 457x303
>>903111
nice trips bro. but really, my girlfriend and i are both pretty plain. she doesn't have a whole lot of different outfits she likes to wear, she'll usually wear the same sweater out for weeks straight.
that being said, i took into account the bulkiness factor. the ring i made for myself is thick enough that it wont break working in the shop all day, and thin enough that it's comfy, and you'll notice that her's is a fair bit thinner than mine. the way i glued them up is important too, i alternated the grain patterns when i sandwiched the wood together to lens it strength in all directions.
you might have a point though. if worse comes to worse and she doesnt like to wear it, i've given her a few pendent-type things that she keeps on a chain that she wears occasionally. that right there's good enough for me.
>>
File: 1447838907616125357299.jpg (790 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1447838907616125357299.jpg
790 KB, 2048x1152
pic for proof. her ring is only about .15 cm at its thickest point.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 539x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 539x665
OP plz you and I both know that's too small for her hamplanet fingers
>>
>>903173
I chuckled.
>>
>>903111

That being said... you're wrong. Both myself and my girlfriend make jewelry for a living. I make wooden jewelry and sell it very frequently. She makes metal jewelry including some very bulky pieces and people fucking love them. One of her most popular items are multiple finger rings. They literally make it so you can't move 2-4 fingers independently.

Women don't care about comfort, just fashion. Having a unique piece of jewelry is a status item.

Also younger women tend to be less of a cunt about jewelry than old bitches. My grandmother for instance won't wear jewelry that isn't gold or silver.
>>
File: iandi-2.jpg (39 KB, 422x500) Image search: [Google]
iandi-2.jpg
39 KB, 422x500
>>903075

>I and I

>>903113

If she doesn't like wearing it OP, you can always use it as a cock ring.
>>
File: KKK Klux Klan Man (dot) png.jpg (35 KB, 294x396) Image search: [Google]
KKK Klux Klan Man (dot) png.jpg
35 KB, 294x396
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.