[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
current projects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: 20160529_013934.jpg (620 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160529_013934.jpg
620 KB, 2048x1152
> /diy/catalog
> search: current / projects
> nothing

At the time just building a small carrier plate for my Siemens Logo!8 i've just ordered today.
>>
im thinking of what to do with a couple slot machine glass plates i got my hands on. i feel like if you're not into woodwork or electrical, this board isn't inviting.

id post my bar rack i finished last week, but you guys tend to be a bit critical
>>
So I have this idea since I love coffee so much. I want to make a brewer that either:

A) Brews from the top of my cup, straight into the cup (think like a flat disc that sits on top of my cup, with the brewing components above), but maybe a K-cup size filter apparatus can sit below the top of the cup, underneath the disc like base.

B) Far less cool, but maybe something that brews from the center console, and pumps to the cup in the cup holder

Both would plug into the outlet in the car (usb).

Much more interested in option one, but this would be my first electrical and mechanical /diy/, any tips?
>>
>>1000436
imagine a tube that runs from the kitchen through your computer desk with a minimalist faucet. you put your mug under the faucet for coffee refills. that'd be some cool shit
>>
just made a screen window insert with some scrap metal shelves, window mesh, and rivets

came out pretty good for just a couple hours
>>
>>1000440

Good Heavens, i had this idea as a kid - a pipe system attached to the ceiling in every room with like 4 pipes parallel

One with cola, one with fanta, one with water and one with beer(i thought about it when i am finally adult to be allowed to drink this, kek)

and all pipes were connected to huge tanks inside my cellar, so i was able to just get connected everytime i wanted to drink something.
>>
>>1000455

Explain yourself mate.
>>
I'm debating on two projects. Either making puc related as a scaled down version for my f250, using an aluminum frame, oiled canvas, and the stake holes in the stock Ford bed. Haven't figured out a good way to secure it in the bed without a bolt sticking out to damage cargo.
Option two is to get a seasoned cherry rifle blank, inlet it for my fudd gun, carve it ini a typical ww1/2 style military stock configuration, stain it in a light Candy Apple red, and then shellac over it. Also considering ordering some urushi instead and going full weaboo
>>
File: home-design.jpg (22 KB, 240x190) Image search: [Google]
home-design.jpg
22 KB, 240x190
>>1000650
Roughly the red I want, but with much better wood grain.
>>
>>1000651

every checked the RAL Color Code?
Maybe there is something you say that's it, then you are able to get the number (e.g. RAL3000 is the german Firewagon red) and you can go to the shop and let it mix.
>>
File: 20160417_171042.jpg (879 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160417_171042.jpg
879 KB, 2048x1152
Still rehafting two axes and two hatchets
>>
>>1000400
I have a bunch of projects but I'm poorfag so they're all on the backburner while I keep an eye out for the materials for cheap.
>>
2 projects in line

> repair the fucking projector so i can use it for gaming, movies n shit

> build a dismountable shed thats big enough to put my bike inside for maintenance and future diy projects
>>
>>1000651
is that an ibanez rg?
>>
>>1001152

looks to me like one, yeah
>>
Hey guys. I've been a lurker for many years now and for some time, half a year, I've been following /diy/. I lovè checking your projects, but as a cunt who keeps telling myself that I never have time I haven't done anything yet.

But as a first self made thing I want to make a wooden book holder that would make reading heavy ass books easier. But I don't know what kind of wood should I use. Pls halp
>>
>>1002731
First one is going to be shit and a prototype, so just use the cheapest wood you can get / whatever floorboard are lying around
>>
Im trying to rewind an old washing machine motor, to power a grinding stone
>>
File: received_599980543494576.jpg (146 KB, 1284x2048) Image search: [Google]
received_599980543494576.jpg
146 KB, 1284x2048
Working on a Mandalorian helmet. In addition to making several mistakes as far as order of operations go, The helmet also won't fit me. I'm going to finish up this one for practice and start another one once I'm done. Planning on coating the thing in plaster wrap, sanding, bondo-ING it, and then painting it. More than likely won't bother with a visor in this one as I can't wear it. Will post back with progress
>>
Hoping to get started on this in half a year or so once I have the time and knowledge.

Things to do still
-Learn PCB design
-Learn about programming microcontrollers in C
-Build it
>>
Does anyone know what happened to the anon who was trying to make a sexbot from one of those car assembly line arm robots?

did he die?
>>
>>1000436
A) sounds a lot like a Vietnamese coffee maker
>>
>>1004982
Pic didn't upload
>>
>>1000436
Isn't A basically an Aeropress?
>>
File: 20160515_005815.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160515_005815.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>repair at least one lawnmower from father in law, they likely just need a carb cleaning and fresh fuel and spark plugs
>chicken wire on the fence
>build a little patio so I have some space to grill. I'm considering just raking some dirt and throwing pavers in the ground
>build stairs for the little doggos
>>
>>1000868

I just bought a rusted old axe head for $1 at a garage sale. Gonna take the flap wheel to it tomorrow. Phosphoric acid and vinegar didn't do much for all the rust that was on it.
>>
I'm thinking of making a bookshelf. I've not done much woodworking... I was basically going to make a 30cm*30cm box. I'd like to make it using box joints but I think dowels will be easier/cheaper. I have no tools so basically I was gonna buy a drill, some clamps, and a hand saw(skill saw?) Along with the necessary building materials. If it goes well I'll build more of them (up to 6) to make a sort of modular bookshelf. Maybe different shapes.

Any advice for a noob?
>>
I have a motor out of a vacuum. Im not entirely sure what to do with it, im all out of ideas.
No limits though, I work in aircraft electronics so have a full workshop with supplies to access.
I considered making some sort of homemade electric lawn mower but i think the brushes will burn out too quickly trying to drive a rotor of useful size
>>
>>1004489

Are you from ching-chong country?
>>
File: IMG_20160430_085554.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_085554.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3120
Planning on building something like this for my camping wagon.
>>
File: IMG_20160526_111742.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160526_111742.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>1005550
This is what I have so far...
>>
>>1005376
Grab some vitamin C tabs and dissolve the powder inside. It's an antioxidant and it's cheap as hell.
>>
>>1005550
>>1005551

Is that a storage thing or power box? Whatever it is, that's cool as shit.

We just got a van we've dubbed the Picnic Wagon, and I did a test run in the driveway a couple days ago of popping up the back door and draping tarps over and around it, securing em with tent spikes in the ground and bungees to the cargo rails on the roof. Turns the trunk area into a privacy space with a skylight.
>>
>>1005430
>Any advice for a noob?
Good wood working is a series of perfect steps. Take the time to make sure each step is done perfectly, weither it's measuring a board, setting up your saw or drilling a hole.
>>
>>1005622
The solar thing in the pc is a refrigerator.
>>
>>1005617
I actually bought some Evapo-rust from walmart.

Shit is amazing. Don't buy anything else.

The hardest part is getting the paint covering the iron off. It's flaking off slowly, but it's getting there.
>>
>>1001152
I don't believe so.

That truss rod adjustment at the end of the neck
22 frets
ToM bridge
Wood mount pups with no rings
Colors aren't close enough to match and not far enough away to be edgy
The cut aways look more like a musicman guitar, the bottom one isn't pointy enough
When ibanez uses a bookmatched top veneer is usually flame maple with alternating grains, so not truely bookmatched
>>
>>1000651
>>1005848
After some Google use, I believe it is some varied, custom, or modified version of a musicman sterling
>>
>>1005376
>>1005617

I've heard if you microwave the vinegar for a minute it works ridiculously fast.

Also could set up a DC electrolysis rust removal.

I have decided I couldn't give many more shits about my rusty axes so I'll just sharpen the edges and get to rehafting the bastards
>>
>>1005864
>microwave vinegar
If nothing else you'll be able to easily wipe out everything that's the stuck to inside of the microwave, like the crusty tomato sauce scab from where you reheated mom's spaghetti last year without a paper towel over it.
>>
>>1005449
Nah, I've just been learning Japanese for the past two years and recently had a Japanese guy over who had done nine years of calligraphy (hence the beautiful writing on the right).
>>
>>1004987

nice small projects. i fucking hate lawnmowers.
>>
I'm a cabinet maker/construction carpenter, and although I don't use that as my main source of income anymore I still do a lot of side jobs when I can find them and I have the time.

So anyways, I bought a lathe in the winter. I wanted to be able to do spindles for staircases, landings, porches, etc. For rich people if I ever get the opportunity(was asked twice last year), and rounded feet and legs for some furniture projects I do as a hobby.

It kind of back fired on me, as using the lathe has become my favorite hobby. It's easy, it's quick, little frustration, no running calculations in my head.

>skip to here to ignore blog post

Anyways, this weekend aside from organizing the garage and building some tool carts, I'm going to try to finish a set of lamps for my girl, about 13 inches tall and 5 inches thick at the base, laminated maple and mahogany together with opposing grain patterns. I'm making a goblet for my aunt out of a marble wood blank I got from rockler. I'm going to chop a couple inches off the end and make her a matching wine stopper with a kit I got from Psi. I'm going to make a test baseball bat for my little nephew out of a 4x4, if he's comfortable with the design and the way it's weighted I'm going to order an ash blank for the finished product. And I'm going to make a steak hook for when my parents go camping. I made them a picnic table a few weeks ago, I'm going to use a branch I got from their camp site then stain and finish it to match the table.

The thing I love about the lathe, it's quick, I'll probably finish all these projects this weekend without rushing.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.