[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blynk, SNES, and NodeMCU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1024px-Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg (66 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg
66 KB, 1024x576
Hey there, /diy/nosaurs!

So I got my NodeMCU in the mail and I've soldered wires to the pads on my SNES controller.

I'm using the Blynk library and interface to connect to and control the NodeMCU.

Now, in theory, I should be able to press the button on Blynk and it "presses" the button on the controller.

Instead, nothing happens. Not a goddamned thing. I just sit here, mashing digital buttons and nothing happens. I tried to connect to the ground pads and see if that works. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get this goofy-ass project working?
>>
>>997335
First you need to understand how buttons work.
>>
>>997355

See, I think you're being a smart-ass, but I never can tell over text.

Nice Dubs by the way.

But I was going to update the thread and say that I connected an NPN transistor to the pads. I connected the collector to the ground pad, the base pad to the pin on the NodeMCU, and the emitter to the actual pad that presses the button on the controller.

Should I be using a PNP transistor for this? I've tried a 2N2222 and a BC547 NPN transistor and they do nothing.

I've even flipped the emitter and collector on both pads and nothing changes.
>>
>>997361
Sorry, was being a bit of a smartass.

Is the trace that goes around to all the buttons +V or is it ground? If it's ground, the NPN emitters goes there. If it's +V, the PNP emitter goes there.

What voltage does the NodeMCU put out? You probably want a 1-10k to the base anyway.
>>
>>997364

No worries.

And all of the buttons share a common ground.

I didn't have a resistor attached to the base. Would that really make such a big difference?
>>
>>997379
The BE junction of a BJT basically is a diode. You need to limit the current out of the ESP pin unless it has protection built in.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.