[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headlamps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Feuerwehr06_500_400_95 - Copy.jpg (56 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Feuerwehr06_500_400_95 - Copy.jpg
56 KB, 500x400
Hey /diy/, has anyone tried making their own high-power headlamp?

It's been itching me to try my hand at one, but I don't have much experience with electronics other than reading some stuff from the general and hooking up little LEDs. What I have in mind is a to make a caving headlamp that is relatively cheap, waterproof and with more than one lighting mode and/or a dimmer. From what I figured, Scurions are much too expensive for what they are, and it's not impossible to make one yourself.

I thought I'd ask around here since I have no idea what I'm doing or where to start.
>>
>>1022108
Why not literally duct tape some of those $1 ebay led torches onto any helmet, they are really bright and they are waterproof
>>
>>1022119
You need to adapt the light and its spread in caves. Plus by wiring them all together in order to turn them on all at once they stop being waterproof
>>
>>1022131
they can zoom in and out, and you dont have to wire them, they come with buttons and is waterproof, why do you need one button rather than three, more buttons is even more adaptable
>>
With your level of experience and the features you want, it won't be cheaper than buying one.

I'd suggest making a headlamp without waterproofing first. If you can get that far, waterproofing it later isn't a big deal. The biggest expenditure will be buying LED's that match the lumens of the commercial models, and replacing them after burning them out in your experiments and usage.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.