[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dude free energy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: PG-PRV04.gif (20 KB, 280x192) Image search: [Google]
PG-PRV04.gif
20 KB, 280x192
Houses have this water pressure reducing valve.

So I was thinking. Why not small turbine generator instead?

The power you get would be Meh, but it could be used to charge something.
>>
>>1021269
The issue with a turbine is what happens when your water pressure drops?
You won't get any free energy nor any water.
>>
>>1021269
so you have water flowing all the time? and it's free?

there are non electric sump pumps that work on city pressure
>>
>>1021269
Wouldn't it only work every time you used the taps or whatever?
>>
>>1021287
Yes, but we use it to trickle charge a battery.
>>
I don't think you fully grasp the purpose of the valve.
>>
>>1021295
Just how much water do you use?
>>
>>1021269
It's just a pressure regulator you dumb ass.

The applied counter force of the spring is adjusted so that the output side is only allowed to be at the set pressure. The output pressure acts on the diaphragm to move the valve seat.
>>
>>1021269
A) How much does power cost in your area?
B) How much power would the thing make over its life?
C) How much would it cost to make the thing?

If A x B < C it is a useless thing.
>>
https://what-if.xkcd.com/91/
>>
>>1021356
I feel like you didn't even read the thread.
>>
If you can design a turbine that small that is somewhat efficient and will actually produce a useable amount of energy why are you here and not making tons of money somewhere else.
>>
https://what-if.xkcd.com/91/

this could not be more relevant if it tried
>>
>>1021374
>>1021526
oh shit im too late
>>
>>1021269
Why don't you pee onto a small waterwheel to charge your homemade electric toothbrush
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.