[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noob of woodturning here i have a little question yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image_17470.jpg (126 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_17470.jpg
126 KB, 1200x1200
noob of woodturning here
i have a little question
yesterday i bought a cheap wood lathe
and i want to buy a chuck for it
but i don't know what type of chuck i can attach to them
can they all attach to every lathe ?

also general wood turning thread
>>
I use a Nova G3 chuck for bowls and just some cheap PSI spur drive and live center for spindles/between centers work.

That said, I am terrible at woodturning and still can't get the hang of the skew chisel without 100% risk of a catch so yes that tool in particular scares the shit out of me. I'm considering getting those EZ carbide turning tools as a result.
>>
File: chuck.jpg (97 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
chuck.jpg
97 KB, 736x490
i'm confident this the chuck you need

>has handrails so you can be safe riding the cross slide
>>
>>1021278
too small for me
>>
>>1021278
Imagining a man standing on that platform holding his gouge
>>
>>1021240
No, they cant. There are adapters. Did you get the harbor freight lathe? The full sized one? Nova comet g3 fits without an adapter.
>>
I had the grizzly version of that. Not a bad lathe for the price. Did it not come with a chuck?
>>
>>1021278
that toolpost has a guardrail
>>
>>1021278
I'd like to see a video of this in action
>>
>>1021240
Don't be a pussy, use the screw chuck it came with and a pair of harbor freight glasses. Throw a 8 inch round on there and play roulette like a man.
>>
my lathe come without chuck
that's why i want to buy one
>>
File: url.jpg (6 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6 KB, 256x144
bump
>>
File: lathe-accident-o.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
lathe-accident-o.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>
>>1023022
how the fuck did it turn on ?
>>
>>1023060
His buddy did, they were deliberately trying to overpower the lathe by hand.

Obviously not a very smart idea.
>>
>>1023069
mfg people are retarded around machinery... like the fagots on one technical school who pushed a hose from compresor in a kids anus(hapened several times)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.