[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that disposable cameras basically don't exist anymore,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1468049895031.jpg (167 KB, 2048x1306) Image search: [Google]
1468049895031.jpg
167 KB, 2048x1306
Now that disposable cameras basically don't exist anymore, where am I supposed to get cheap lenses and simple electronics like switches and LEDs and shit?
>>
pretty much every week there's bubble-jet and laser printers sitting on the curb. just take a walk on garbage days.
>>
I've not really noticed a decline in disposable cameras myself, all the corner shops still sell them, all the chemists have them, the seaside towns are full of them.

But having said that, I live in a rural country.
>>
>>1020592
>cheap optics
It would help if you had said what country/area you were in.

I am in the USA, and get cheap optics from Surplus Shed. They have a website and sell surplus items of all kinds but mostly optics and vintage camera stuff.

If I want *good* optics, there is Edmund Optics,,, but bring a credit card, because they aint cheap. A "cheap" 25mm simple lens can cost $50, and a higher-grade one the same size with a good AR coating can cost $125 or more.

>and simple electronics like switches and LEDs and shit?
I order them from aliexpress. Most of it works 100%, and many times you can buy 100 of a thing direct from China cheaper than you can buy 20 of them from a US-based retailer.

There is some fake electronics parts sold from China-land; it is best to ask around online or consult Google before you order.
One example is that many different people have found that the the packs of light blue "1% metal film" resistors sold on the direct-china sites are usually fake.
They work, they are resistors--and you can use them for less-demanding stuff,,,,, but they are not 1% metal films.
They are a cheaper, lower-precision type of plain-carbon resistor.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.