[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Monitors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: this POS.jpg (121 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
this POS.jpg
121 KB, 600x600
Sup /diy/nosaurs?
Any of you familiar with video doorbells? I'm in the market for a decent system after a fiasco regarding some chinese wifi "smart" one that was recommended to me. Now most of the info I find online is either branded or really vague. Is there no good radio based video systems? The idea of app based systems really looks appealing because I can just buy cheap tables and put them all over this house provided I have a good enough wifi signal, the house itself is big and that would be realy handy because many of the areas where one spends time are very far apart, but after such a shitty app that keeps crashing and requires you to set up again I'm concerned of that side of the product.
>>
Well given this is a diy board, why don't you look for a wireless ip camera that has IO ports and rig your own doorbell. Most Axis cameras have onboard IO, two-way audio and a fairly decent api.
>>
>>1019598
depends what you actually want, there is a number of systems where the doorbell acts like a IP phone (you can run a DIY PBX out of an old PC) and the camera is ONVIF capable, so you can connect it to a surveilance system.

But they aren't exactly cheap and quality does scale with price. Really neat though, the doorbell dials a phone, if nobody picks up, it can dial a different one and the ONVIF camera means it's easy to have it record onto a server.
>>
>>1019612
This would actually be ideal, was my first idea, probably cheaper and actually be more of a learning experience than most of the stuff I could buy. But sadly, and even though I know this is the diy board, an actual diy solution does not fly well with the owner of the house. And he insists in buying an out the box system. With the as few wires as possible policy.

>>1019616
Its just has to be a means of controling an electric lock and properly identifying the person at the door. Now video is a nice feature and all, but this is a summer house with big walls and a crappy router. The more I look into it the more it seems to me the easiest way is just to get a radio based unit with no video, if what you want is wireless cheap performance. I'll go check some stores this afternoon.
>>
File: eappqr1403230347687.jpg (27 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
eappqr1403230347687.jpg
27 KB, 384x384
>>1019623
Well that sucks, I have a few door systems install using a combination of paxton net2 and axis camera.

Is pic related what you want? It can trigger a door solenoid and is wireless. http://m.lightinthebox.com/en/7-inch-video-door-phone-doorbell-intercom-kit-1-camera-1-monitor-night-vision_p1518905.html?prm=1.3.5.0
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.