[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /diy/, probably the stupidest fucking thread you'll come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: asian-staircase.jpg (86 KB, 452x640) Image search: [Google]
asian-staircase.jpg
86 KB, 452x640
So /diy/, probably the stupidest fucking thread you'll come across today
How do I actually make this?
Gather a bunch of sticks from outside, Glue them together with PVA glue then spray-paint if required?
My wall is boring to look at
>>
>>1019553
>PVA glue

i would advise against it, if you're talking normal white glue. because it wont be strong enough.

I would advise against it if you're talking wood glue. if you're going to paint it, because NOTHING sticks to cured wood glue, expect CA glue.
>>
>>1019553
Quick drying JB Weld would speed things up and it's paintable. The one with the yellow/black tubes. But to be honest my first impressions of what you posted even from the home page thumbnail was that it doesn't look good, it looks tacky. Like some shitty art piece a student did so they had to hang it up for a few months in a school because muh creativity then promptly threw it away. Not trying to be a dick, just want to give you a heads up that if you spend all that time on this it won't look good to most people. There's a reason you don't see this design anywhere, sorry bro :-/ Kudos for trying to be creative tho
>>
>>1019566
>it looks tacky
yeah

hit up /hr/, find some good stuff, order free 8x10 prints from walgreens when they have promos
>>
>>1019583
forgot to mention /wg/ too
wikipedia can also be a good source for high-res art
>>
>>1019553
You might as well weld together couple of metal wires. Protip: take them form demolishion site. If you straighen them you achieve similar effect.
>>
>meh, tacky, etc.

ignore these philistine phaggots OP, that shit is so far gone tacky, looks good again. Srsly, absolutely no-one does this stuff anymore, thus, actually looks ok.

Unless talentless bored housewive (in which case, maybe a bit too unironic) - go for it. Listening to aesthetic opinions on /diy/ will not great art make. And its cheap/quick/difficult to toally fuck up, etc. Cats like as well.
>>
>>1019553

Do it with metal, and it would be good.
>>
Test
>>
>>1019553
Use Epoxy, it sticks to just about everything and is durable as fuck.
>>
I'd buy a tube of TIG filler of whatever metal you like then tack weld the intersections.

Easy mode is ER70 filler and babby MIG. Layout, tack, repeat.

If need MIG info, go to weldingweb forums.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.