[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this be safe to put in a shower?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20160707_044503.jpg (1023 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160707_044503.jpg
1023 KB, 2560x1536
Would this be safe to put in a shower?
>>
>>1019187
how? like direct in the place where you shower?
doe it have a super high IP ? NO? then NO
>>
Spray some water on it after its been on for a while and find out.
>>
File: 20160707_051418.jpg (828 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160707_051418.jpg
828 KB, 2560x1536
>>1019189
Lets say I wanted to put it on the wall here opposite the shower
>>
>>1019195
just do it faggot
>>
>>1019187
All lightfixtures and electronics meant for outdoor usage should have an IPxx rating.

The IP rating is a number which tells about the resistance to dust and humidity/water.
The higher the PI rating the better.

Depending on the placement of the fixture, the IP rating could vary a lot.
If it is in the shower i would go with IP65. If on the ceiling or outside of the shower, perhaps a bit lower.
>>
>>1019195
Use low voltage LED, keep the PSU away.
>>
I keep lights away from the shower because moisture speeds their deterioration and the simpler the shower area the better for future maintenance.

It would be fine for the wall opposite the shower.
>>
Yes, it's perfectly safe but may wear out prematurely so you should consider sealing it with something to keep water out.

>protip: always read the label
>>
Look out for "Fog Rated". Those CFLs are made for damp areas such as pools and steam rooms
>>
>>1019187
It's battery powered so the worse thing that could happen is it just stops working. I say go for it. Now the light getting dimmer and dimmer and having to constantly change the battery is it's own issue you'll have to deal with.
>>
>>1019195
>that wood
>that ceiling

Hello, mold
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.