[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /diy/ use paint sprayers? Can anyone recommend a good model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: p_1000663684.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
p_1000663684.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
Does /diy/ use paint sprayers?
Can anyone recommend a good model for small projects?
>>
>>1014007
>small projects
Be more specific.
>>
For small projects? Use a paint brush.

For models use an air brush, not a sprayer.

I'm thinking of using one tomorrow for a small rabbit hutch but that's more for fun than efficency.
>>
>>1014007
They're only good for painting complicated areas like pipes, textured surfaces, filigree, etc. Anything else, a roller or brush does the job much faster.
>>
>>1014030
It's for spraying furniture with paint and lacquer.
I need a smoove finish.
>>
>>1014304
A small Wagner system would be fine.
>>
>>1014007
HF sprayer $10
HF compressor <$100
>>
How about for automotive shit?
Like painting the plastic fairings of a bike?
>>
>>1014316
>>1014325
Yes, I'm aware those things exist.
Was kinda looking for some info from someone who actually has experience with sprayers.
>>
>>1014346
The only time I ever used one I regretted it. It was some model of Wagner, those common POS ones. They are holy fucks to clean. And because they are machines, if you don't clean it well enough, it stops working. Whatever work you save by not needing to brush/roll, you get back with interest from the cleanup effort.

I would only ever use one again if the type of work demanded a spray finish appearance. So far I haven't needed to, with the traditional sanding between coats and using high quality brushes being plenty enough to create smooth looks.
>>
>>1014346
I've painted with said things, and have had good results

the item pictured is like $150 at HD, you could get a 21gl HF compressor for that price and it would have more than one function...the HF gun is $10; if you FUBAR it or never use it again, you're not going to be out a ton of cash
>>
>>1014007
I spray occasionally for my job, and this works very well. you need a compressor with this specific model, but any gravity feed Husky you can find will work great as long as you clean it well enough.
>>
File: 149425[1].jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
149425[1].jpg
28 KB, 600x600
This little bastard is dirt cheap compared to every other spray gun out there and it works surprisingly well. It uses standard Ball brand jars for the reservoir so cleaning the thin out is piss-easy.
If you leave paint in the reservoir your can just go buy another jar at walmart.

I used mine to spray primer onto 30+ cabinet doors a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/K-Grip-Siphon-Spray-High-Quality/dp/B001DA9WJ6
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.