[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HI /diy/! I want to build a table. My Idea is to get wooden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
HI /diy/!

I want to build a table. My Idea is to get wooden board, which should be as natural as possible. Then I wnat to maul(i dont know if this is the correct word for this but I assume) it in the middle. Afterwards I want to put it back together with resin and in which are LEDs.
So my question is, if somebody has experience with resin and could give me some tips how to work with it and which i should take. I dont want he resin to be transparent, I would like it to be milky. But not to milky that the LED light cant get trough.
Thanks in advance for the help

Pic related(it should approximately look like this just with the resin with the LEDs added)
>>
What happens when the led inside resin stop working nig?
>>
Do you want light coming out of the wood, or just out of a resin blob?
>>
>>1014024
If the light stops working it stops working, its not the end of the world
>>1014058
actually i want the resin to glow
>>
File: Frosty.jpg (101 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Frosty.jpg
101 KB, 600x450
>>1013781
If you use an epoxy, you can just sand the top of it with a lower grit paper and use that to diffuse the leds
>>
>>1014861
Here is how to epoxy finish. Turn off the volume.
https://youtu.be/SOk8bs6zEW4?t=5m6s
>>
>>1014863
>palletwood surface
What a waste of epoxy
>>
>>1014024

Apply resin and allow to dry. Drill blind hole from bottom of table and slide LED up into resin layer. Use a bit of non-hardening glue to hold LED in.

When LED fails, just pull out from below and replace.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.