[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am trying to fix the power suppy of this TV I found in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160623_215315.jpg (162 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_215315.jpg
162 KB, 1200x1600
I am trying to fix the power suppy of this TV I found in the trash.
I replaced the fuse and the buldging big cap. It was only after I blew that fuse I realized that a) two transistors are shorted. b) there is this burnt ceramic cap, LABELED AS A RESISTANCE on the board. WTF!?
>>
I'm pretty sure that is not a ceramic cap but a self resetting fuse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resettable_fuse
>>
>>1012962
>self resetting fuse.
Considering there's an old-fashioned fuse already, a VDR would be more likely.
>>
File: IMG_20160623_221553.jpg (391 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_221553.jpg
391 KB, 1200x1600
The other side of the board. The leads between -[v]- on the left over the SMD 1004 resistors belong to the burnt component (blue disc).
>>
Multimeter shows resistance of 170.
>>
>>1012969
*the leads to the sides of
Derp
>>
>>1012959
does it have a part name? or is it sum chink non labeled part?
>>
>>1012967
This, desoldered it from the board, in tiny ass light writing it reads WALSIN 511K14D and some symbols.

I'll run through the scrap pile, see what I find.
>>
>>1012983
It was jammed between that transformer and solid square cap. And glued to the second. I made the thread while I waited for the desoldering iron to heat up.
Turns out the outlet I was using had a blown fuse.
>>
No varistors. Bunch of blue ceramic caps tho.

I hope whoever made the decision of making them the same shape and color died painfully.
>>
>mfw googling the part number I find a guy with the same board
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-133-8176.html
>>
Are these ones a valid substitute?
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=14D511K
>>
>>1013023
>$0.28 part
>$30 shipping
Hahahaha nevermind. I'll see what I can scrounge - maybe the local shop has something which fits.
>>
>>1012959
that blue component is a metal oxide varistor
you can remove it without replacing it, i would recommend replacing it though

as for the remaining ones, you need to replace the offending transistors and fuse (fuse can also be bypassed with a jumper but i strongly advise you not to)
>>
>>1013052
I already gathered all that.
I just reload the fuses with the proper diameter copper wire.
So far I have found the cheapest varistor replacement to be 10 pcs from china for about $4-5 with shipping.
May arrive in August.
I trust I have enough transistors to replace them all a few times, as long as I can figure which can replace which.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.