[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
First time on /DIY/
I'm here to ask if somebody could help me build a value build.
I tried myself but it always ended up being very expensive and i think it could be cheaper.
Only thing that is a must is that it has a i7-6700 not 6700K dont plan on Overclocking.
Here's my current "build"http://pcpartpicker.(com)/list/Zn7PsJ
Already have a GTX 970 and a 650W PSU any help /DIY/ ?
>>
Ask /g/
>>
>>1012833
Sorry that i used this board thanks anyway!
>>
>>1012833
>>1012834
/g/ technically isn't the board for it either.
Tech support and similar belongs on /wsr/.

But regardless, what kind of a workload are you planning on using the PC for?
Also did you take the GTX 970 from an older build or did you buy it?
>>
>>1012838
mostly gonna use it for gaming but i'm not trying ti build the ultimate PC.
And i was going to get this PC from a friend but because of problems regarding the HD i cant anymore and it was a solid PC for a prebuilt one for the price.
>>
>>1012838
It was a Pavilion 550-177cb
>>
Well for gaming I genuinely think it makes more sense to step down to an i5.
You're saving $100 just on that
As for storage, seriously consider an SSD along with a WD Black HDD for storage.

Something a little bit like this.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XdFTHN

Now you could save even more money by going with an H110 chipset motherboard, the thing with those is that you'd only be dealing with Two RAM slots, now if that's fine with you and assuming eventual RAM upgrades, there's nothing wrong with going with that.

As far as buying Windows goes, I really don't think you should.
Atleast not Windows 10.
The free upgrade is still active, you should be able to find a copy of Windows 7 somewhere for far less money or perhaps get a copy from Dreamspark if you know any students.
It's just throwing away money.
>>
>>1012850
i was already considering getting an SSD and a WD black or blue.
And yeah the downgrade to i5 should be good enough since most games are GPU driven now so i think ill go with the i5 on this build and maybe ill upgrade later.
DESU for now i just want a pc that can run stuff like Fallout 4, overwatch and Dark souls 3 in a solid 60.
And for the windows 10 i only chose that one on pc part picker because that was the cheapest but yeah i can probably get it for cheaper so
>>
>>1012852
for some reason it changed desu to desu but ok
>>
>>1012853
did it again but i mean to be honest
>>
>>1012853
>>1012854
Yeah, it does that to stop you typing that, senpai.
>>
>>1012826
Buy an SSD
Buy a 6500
Steal windows

>>1012850
>wd black
>storage

And for what reason would you put a hot and loud platter drive into your case.
Its only marginally faster than a blue, but is appreciably louder and hotter.
Its not your boot drive, its fucking retarded to have for storage.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.