[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
My weedeater hasn't been starting so I went and poured out the gas tank. This fell out of it, any ideas of what it is?
>>
If it had a hose attached to it possible a fuel filter
>>
>>1009608
I'm guessing that it is some sort of combines weight and fuel filter to keep the fuel line down in the fuel as you move the machine around, but like I said this is a guess.

Have you tried googling for a diagram of your make and model of machine, it might let you know what it is.
>>
>>1009631
>I'm guessing that it is some sort of combines weight and fuel filter to keep the fuel line down in the fuel as you move the machine around, but like I said this is a guess.
that's exactly what it is. you can pick one up at home depot (they're all pretty much the same) at an inflated price or ebay from china in 2 weeks dirt cheap.
>>
>>1009608
I told you on /o/, silly.
It's a fuel pickup / filter. You will need to buy new fuel line for in the tank and fish the new filter / pickup in that way.
>>
>>1009656

>I am not happy with this answer because it involves me actually doing something
>let me check another forum
>>
>>1009656
home depot sells a little set for like $7
Comes with the fisher which is pretty much needed for getting these motherfuckers in there
>>
It's the clunk
>>
> its the clunk
> its a filter
Its both. Clunk is a heavy filter that is attached to the end of the fuel line in the tank. It works as a filter due to its makeup, and allows the motor to run in most positions, as it falls to the lowest part in the tank, dragging the fuel line with it.... To where the petrol runs to. No clunk, no juice half the time.

One of the (usually two) fuel lines going into the tank - the long one - is what it should be stuck onto. Id guess the end of the line is cracked. Fish the line out of the filler mouth using a hanger etc, trim it, shove that clunk back on. Then go buy more fuel line from a small engine place for a buck.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.