[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone taken on doing a drainage system for a house? Hard finding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: iliveinaswamp.jpg (71 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
iliveinaswamp.jpg
71 KB, 736x736
Anyone taken on doing a drainage system for a house? Hard finding quality info as most people are trying to sell something.
>>
>>1009203
When you say drainage for a house, do you mean waste water or exterior rain water run off?
>>
>>1009203
That looks nice.
We just have a groove carved into the edges of the floor where it meets the wall, and then a couple lines are carved from the wall to the drain in the middle and all water flows like that.
>>
>>1009228
referring to water penetrating a foundation from hydrostatic pressure/earth heave.
>>
>>1009242
It's almost straight forward. You need subsoil drainage pipe. Most of it these days is that PVC plastic 4" stuff with perforations in it. Dig your trench where you want it, you should have it roughly in relation to your main drainage point/sewer main, ie, no lower than.

I mean the picture you've posted is pretty much what you're doing. However, I wouldn't recommend this type of set up if you're planning on draining from concrete. It's more for where theres land mass/soil/gardens
>>
>>1009242
This>>1009203 is the wrong way to do it. It's the cheaper and lazier way, because you don't need to excavate the entire foundation. The proper way is to tar the foundation, or waterproof it in some other way, then apply dimple board or roxul (I prefer dimple board). This creates a gap between soil and concrete removing any hydrostatic pressure. The you put that 4" filtersocked drainage pipe around the footing, covered in drainage stone, and either run it to a sump pit in the basement, or if you were on a hill you could drain it away from the house
>>
>>1009203
Here is what I did last year in a 2' mudfloor crawlspace:
>dug trench to expose entire footing
>applied blue skin tar paper to footing and major breach
>filled major breach with spray foam
>dug 7 1/2 foot hole in lowest corner of crawlspace
>lined hole with geotextile
>stole 12" green pvc pipe from random sewer/water jobsit
>drilled 3/8" holes all over, uniform spacing
>wrapped pipe in geotextile
>put pipe in hole
>kept it level ad I filled around it with clean 1/4" granite gravel
>laid geotextile in trench around perimeter of crawlspace
>installed normal 1/3 hp submersible pump in pipe, cored a hole through foundation wall to run garden hose to street
Total cost was around $600 dollars, I just plug the pump in when it rains. Just picked up a bag to collect moisture, which will drain into the pipe. Shit works great senpai
>>
>>1009450
Why does this board always change (f-a-m) to (senpai)
>>
>>1009482
Word filter, guess one of the mods got pissed about people smhtbhfam-ing all over the place.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.