[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I want to get into ferreting. There is no way of skirting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: ferretfindermk3m.jpg (7 KB, 200x134) Image search: [Google]
ferretfindermk3m.jpg
7 KB, 200x134
So I want to get into ferreting. There is no way of skirting the cost of a ferret, but a ferret tracking collar is quite expensive, almost $300, and all it does is attach to the ferret, and allow you to detect where it is underground.

Quite primitive technology, seems like it could be made /diy/ for cheaper.. Any suggestions?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (321 KB, 1600x1345) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
321 KB, 1600x1345
That is pretty much the bottom basement price for a detector with any sort of accuracy.
You could get an old telephone company/gas company locator, I don't think they have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Dynatel-APC-1264-EMS-II-Telephone-ScotchMark-Marker-Locator-with-Probe-/322119053442?hash=item4affcab082:g:PhgAAOxylpNTRt7D

But I don't think that one will work. It doesn't look fancy enough to locate an EMS pod.

I would want the collar to be a passive device, like an EMS locator coil/pod/ball. And then you get your wand up top to find it.

Oh god.
I want to locate a moving EMS marker one day labelled "FERRET"
>>
Might be able to fineagle something with a strong radio transmitter on its back (since it won't be going deep underground) and three+ receivers. Triangulation sort of thing, but you'd have to write all your own code for it
>>
>>1008957
TIL what ferrets are used for
>>
Mod a smart watch? Think of all the neat shit you could do with that.
>>
1. Add magnets to ferret collar
2. Add magnets to weasel ball
One of two things could happen, the weasel ball could roll around the ground following the ferret, or the ferret could be uprooted from the ground by his neck, suffering a brutal death. Might as well try
>>
>>1008957
You could make a rudimentary low range RF locator with a emitter, a reciever, an OP amp and some diodes to output the strength of the signal to some transistors and some mind of LED display, but RF stuff is quite complicated for begginers.
Maybe a 555 modullating an audible freauency as the emitter and a simple coil an amp and some earphones might do the trick.
>>
>>1008957

Heavy metal collar. E.g iron, gold or lead or some shit and use a metal detector? Can get a cheap MD for like $50.
>>
Shame you couldn't put your intelligence to **good** use eh OP.
>>
File: 1391926336033.gif (2 MB, 268x150) Image search: [Google]
1391926336033.gif
2 MB, 268x150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH4DRywG54

LOL HOLY SHIT!
>>
File: 1459183984168.gif (358 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1459183984168.gif
358 KB, 500x357
>>1011537
>>
>>1011537
MOther fucker!!!
Tell me he at least eats the poor basterds
>>
>>1011537
holy shit he's not scared of using that spade is he
>>
What about using an esp8266, creating a dummy wifi AP and measuring signal strength on your phone? How accurate these things anyway?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.