[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Router Fence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
So I am about to build a router fence but I don't understand it completely. Can someone please tell me what is the purpose of the slots that pic related it telling me to cut into the face and the sub face?
I understand the slot on the side of the base is to attach clamps, but I don't see the point of the other slots so I am guessing I don't completely understand the power of the router fence.

Thanks.
>>
>>1007741
So you can slide the face along the sub face thus being able to make it longer or shorter ?
>>
>>1007741
The face boards can move left and right to compensate for the size of router bits. You dont want a large gap between your face and your bit
>>
Ahh I got it. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_20160223_201219.jpg (1 MB, 1952x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160223_201219.jpg
1 MB, 1952x2592
One I built. The faces are really hard melamine/laminate.
>>
>>1008116
That looks fucking nice, good work.
>>
While we are on the topic of the router table I am building, I'd like to ask another question. I am going to install one of these safety switches and I am using a two-pronged extension cord to wire it up. How important is the ground wire that these instructions in pic related says to use? The router itself only has a two-pronged plug...
>>
File: 20160614_161230_resized.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
20160614_161230_resized.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
>>1008116
err forgot pic
>>
File: image.png (133 B, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133 B, 50x50
>>1008717
If your router only has a two prong plug, that tells you it's double insulated, not requiring an earth.

not sure about the regs in your country, im from Aus. A double insulated appliance is indicated with pic related
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.