[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for BIOS repository for old mobos.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: pcchipslogo.png (6 KB, 395x128) Image search: [Google]
pcchipslogo.png
6 KB, 395x128
Hello Anon. Is there any BIOS repository site? I need to apply some bios updates to some old mobos, and their manufacturers website does not exist anymore.
>>
>>1007607
pcchips is ECS now.
please explain >why.jpg you're applying updates to ultra-low-budget motherboards that are over 10 years old?
>>
>>1007630
Poorfag here, Anon. Because they are still working, because I do not want to throw them away, and they are able to work in winxp with office, browse newspages and play with MAME once in a while.
>>
File: 1377200474585.jpg (25 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
1377200474585.jpg
25 KB, 450x268
but why BIOS updates? where is the benefit?
>>
>>1007735
Because there is only so many scumm based games you can play before you run out of things to do.
>>
>>1007739
I feel ya mate.
>>
>>1007735
Hi, Anon. having issues installing win7, something related to error code 5, as far as a I could read, extremely old bios related.
>>1007739
Hi again, Anon. Oldfag here. I think that most of the best games ever made, were made for SNES, crappy grahics, good stories.
>>
>>1007607
I found these sites a while back, I'm kind of amazed they are still up.

http://motherboards.mbarron.net/

http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/index.html
>>
File: the No Progress bar.gif (100 KB, 257x52) Image search: [Google]
the No Progress bar.gif
100 KB, 257x52
>>1007754
win7 on a 15 year old duron or celeron will run like win95 did on a 386.
>>
>>1007801
>http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/index.html
Thanks, Anon. It seems that they ere a little bit older than the ones I am looking.
Gee!!! that webpage design! bring back memories!

>>1007811
It is a pentium 4, 2.4 ghz, 1gb in RAM and a small agp card. Win7 runs fairly well, with office, winamp 2.95, and epub reader plugin for firefox.
>>
>>1007811
An SSD can make a old PC fly. I put an SSD on Pentium 4 used with W8. Fucker goes fast, albeit programs can't run fast as a modern PC but eveythibg feels fast.
>>
>>1007607
What brand of part?

Also if its just to screw around try a non-demanding version of Linux. LibreOffice works well and saves pretty accurately to Windows formats. And then there is Emulationstation if you want to play a lot of old games.
>>
>>1007897

Yeah I went from using a 9 year old Lenovo T60 with a SSD to a brand new laptop with a spinny hard drive and it feels like treacle by comparison.
>>
>>1007722
I know your pain. I pulled out 10 xp machines the other say with boxes of parts and am maxing them out to sell them for 10 apiece. Or trash them I dunno. I've been saving gold plated shit for over a decade and may break down these machines I can't get rid of for the scrap gold remove it via chemicals, perform magic, and get $20 worth of gold. Probably won't make any money, but neat experience.

I'd send you all the parts you wanted.
>>
>>1007811
T60 with four gigs of ram and ssd is pretty snappy for it's age thou.
>>
>>1007897
Extremely poofag. An IDE HD works fine, thanks for your comment, anon.
>>1007905
Once in a while, I play with puppy, but windows runs fine. Emulationstation is a nice tip, by the way.
>>1007941
Yeah, anon, SSD is the shit.
>>1008679
Thanks a lot for your kind comment. I Live in Mexico, so the shipping would be a hassle. Best regards, Anon.
>>1009071
RAM and SSD, cool, Anon.
it has been nice talking to you, Anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.