[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
turtle beach spare parts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0125.jpg (1 MB, 2769x1812) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0125.jpg
1 MB, 2769x1812
Hello guys, two days agomy turtle beach stealth 500P headphones broke.
I just took them from my stand, and they broke in my hands while i was putting them on my head.
Less than 1 year, never fell, always on the stand or in the box. So i sent an email to them. They still not gave me an answer.
Since i bet that they will not do anything, and say that it is my fault, i ask you, guys, if anyone of you knows where i can get spare parts for my headphones. On their site there is only microphone, the usb pen, or the protection for the ears.

Thanks in advance for any help
Pic related, my earphones
>>
>>1006555
Here's an idea, since you seem to be struggling with this.

If you are having problem with a product (in this case, a weakness that constantly breaks in multiple models) stop buying the same brand over and over!
>>
In fact i'm not buying again a turtle beach product: first because they broke without taking hits, then, because there is no support.
I just wanted to find spare parts to replace the broken slider, so i could keep using these headphones. You know, that piece in particular could cost few bucks, instead of a new pair of headphones that should cost around 100.

Thanks for your time, anyway
>>
>>1006555
> they broke in my hands while i was putting them on my head

How fat is your head ?
>>
>>1006555
Look online for other broken headphones of the same kind and salvage one slider?
Turtle beach is crap there are probably tons of broken ones on like ebay or something
>>
>>1006664
>>1006595
Why do you dumbasses even bother replying. All you're doing is shitting on OP who just wants to fix his headphones.

OP if you can't find a set for cheap on ebay (broken, used, new w/e just cheap), then try using a glue like this:https://www.amazon.com/Bondic-Anything-Waterproof-Resistant-Plastic/dp/B00QU5M4MG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465602899&sr=8-1&keywords=bondic
>>
>>1006861
because I took it off the stand and it just miraculously snapped

There's a part to this story that doesn't add up
>>
>>1006861
>>1006555
Since you seem to be lost.
>>/V/
>>
>>1006861
>Why do you dumbasses even bother replying

why do you? your suggestion is completely retarded given the nature of the break. unless you use some magic glue, the thing will break again in the same spot within minutes of it being repaired. what OP actually needs is a steel plate about 1x2 inches with four holes in the corners for small 4-40 screws. paint everything black, and it'll be mostly not visible.
>>
>>1006861
Bondic is a fucking meme glue.
It's only popular because it's the first UV setting glue that's been geared towards consumers (by consumers I mean plebs who think super glue works for everything).
Not only that, but it's one of the most useless fucking glues I have ever used. Yeah it's great for things that aren't under any type of load, but then why not just use CA?

Short of a proper 2-part epoxy or a good solvent weld, >>1006883 has the right idea.
>>
>>1006664
something around 60 cm. My motorcycle helmet is xxl

>>1006831
Searched, cannot find any. The only one i found have the same damage

>>1006861
If i cannot find any way to replace it, i will probably use resin glue or fiberglass, thanks anyway for your suggestion

>>1006871
Yup, and sadly it is what happened: i took them from the stand, and when i bent them to put on my head, the slider snapped. Why should i even bother lying here? Does it change something if i was defecating on them and i fell and broke them? no.

>>1006883
>>1006968
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's the option if i cannot find the spare part, and i'd really prefer not doing this.

Guys, this was a present from a very important person in my life, and yes, it proved as crappy as shit, and the worst part is that they (turtle beach) haven't answered my inquiry yet. These headphones costed (and are yet sold at) 120 bucks on amazon, and there is literally no support after you bought them. That's what really pisses me off.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your time, i'll try to find a replacement, if i cannot find anything for july, i'll fix them DIY
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.