[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can casters be rigged to plastic shelving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: LJCfQIw.png (171 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
LJCfQIw.png
171 KB, 400x402
Is the wooden platform sturdy enough? Is there a better way to do this? other than buying metal shelving at $70 a piece and at a smaller size. Plastic is $30 and the casters would be $5-6 each? I will be putting mostly light stuff on them eg. cleaning liquids, assortment of nuts and bolts, etc. All of this on a flat smooth surface of course.
>>
File: 1lLGlHY.png (148 KB, 430x315) Image search: [Google]
1lLGlHY.png
148 KB, 430x315
>>1006394
I'll arrange them like this

And the youtube video shown, no longer exists. On Instructables, there isn't any feedback or updates.
>>
I get the feeling it's going to sway. I'd do the metal wire shelving but I tend to move a lot and plastics are easier pack up.
>>
>>1006396
$70 and upwards
>>
>>1006394
Just build a shelf out of 2x4 and plywood. I built the shelves in my garage out of wood I recycled out of construction scrap piles. I always ask before I start digging and I have never been turned away. Renovations are the best source of big timbers, vs new construction. I got almost 40 2x6s from a roof replacement (shallow pitch gravel roof being replaced by a steeper pitched shingle roof). Outside of a few nails and having to cut them down a bit because of the angled cuts on the ends they were fine. New construction is best for scraps of plywood (fuck OSB). Still, I had to buy some plywood but only 2 sheets overall. I spent more on screws they I did on wood.
>>
>>1006399
The construction around my area is usually fenced off. And I don't know when they're on site.

That and I wanted to maximize the shelf space against the wall; I can only do one wall. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye out for scrap wood.
>>
>>1006394
bumping with more pictures of shelves. I wish I could afford these.
>>
or these
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
The space I have to work with is about half of this.
>>
File: 36-houzz-tool-solution.jpg (101 KB, 599x784) Image search: [Google]
36-houzz-tool-solution.jpg
101 KB, 599x784
If I had more tools and time
>>
>>1006402
We have these in the ICU stockroom. They cost way way more than they look like they should, but they work very well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.