[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody identify the name of this hardware: the ring that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: vintage-duffle-wp-1.jpg (142 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
vintage-duffle-wp-1.jpg
142 KB, 1200x800
Can somebody identify the name of this hardware: the ring that goes through the two eyelets and is clasped to keep the bag shut?
>>
File: vintage-duffle-wp-4.jpg (104 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
vintage-duffle-wp-4.jpg
104 KB, 1200x800
picture of the bag open
>>
File: scp36491.jpg (46 KB, 400x237) Image search: [Google]
scp36491.jpg
46 KB, 400x237
>>1005583
The Bolt Snap?
>>
>>1005593
no, the ring the bolt snap is clasping onto

it looks like it's part of the eyelet itself but I can't tell.
>>
>>1005583
Brass grommet
>>
>>1005584
looks like a chain link used as a loop and then just a bit of bent metal through it. i don't think its connected to the eyelet per se, the square sewn patch is there to keep the bent metal in place rather than it being connected to the eyelet.

i doubt there is a specific name for this kind of setup, just get two chain links and cut/straighten one of them a little
>>
Yeah, there really isn't a specific name for the whole setup, it gets referred to by a random combination of the words 'military style top load snap hook tongue closure' depending on the company.

The tongue part that goes through the eyelets is just a d-ring.
>>
It's just a metal loop. Military ones use a similar system, though that one looks a bit weaker. The military ones have the loop held in by the grommet and have no seam in the exposed part of the loop.
>>
>>1005583
This is a really nice bag. I want one but i dont want to pay 340 bucks for it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.