[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe not DIY related, but I really need some advice and not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (723 KB, 3264x2095) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
723 KB, 3264x2095
Maybe not DIY related, but I really need some advice and not sure where else to post.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this fucking plastic film off of this LCD screen? There's no edges for me to peel from so I'm out of ideas that won't damage the screen itself.
>>
Fingernail.
>>
>>1005190
I've tried. I've also tried lightly piercing the bubbles with tweezers and a needle, but still nothing. The film is extremely slippery and I have no idea how to remove it.

For clarification, it's not supposed to have this film over it because the old screen didn't come with it. Plus the bubbles make it fucking ugly.
>>
>>1005195
You are trying on the edge of the black area right? That is the LCD panel. Anyway, just keep trying.. that's all there's to it.

Find the edge and keep prying.
>>
>>1005186
Duct tape across the whole thing.
Overlap onto the metal bezel. Then give it a good tug and it should pull it off.
>>
>>1005197
Fuck, I guess I should go buy some duct tape then.
>>
>>1005203
any tape that isn't masking tape should work
>>
>>1005207
I just tried with some large clear tape and that didn't work either. Fuck man...
>>
>>1005203
Don't waste money on duct tape, it's only sold at hardware stores too.
Just get some duck tape from any store near you.
>>
>>1005213
I'm using Duck Tape brand packaging tape, and I still can't get it to come off. This is so frustrating.
>>
I GOT IT OFF GUYS! There was an extremely small opening in the frame that allowed me to peel it off with tweezers. Thanks for all your help.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.