[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just read up on the story of the "Killdozer" and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
File: killdozer.png (351 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
killdozer.png
351 KB, 600x315
I just read up on the story of the "Killdozer" and it really got me thinking.
What is the practicality and plausibility of a "killdozer suit" if you will?
Basically, im thinking of a rectangular prism shaped block of rediculously thick armor plating, similar to the kind the "killdozer" used, and with cooling and air flow shit set up inside, with gun ports as well. Would it be possible, do you think?
>>
No OP, we will not help you shoot up your high school.
>>
>>1003904
b-but muh terrorism
>>
>>1003903
Yes. These things are called 'tanks'. Look them up.
>>
there's a movie about this, can't recall the title but it was a solid 7/10.

SPOILER ALERT:
( he frames his bf and gets away with it)
>>
>>1003903
large armored vehicles on treads are horrible ideas and have never ever been successfully implemented at any point in history
>>
>>1003918
Rampage
A suit of that would be borderline unmovable unless you were a body builder which you aren't.
>>
>>1003926
Rampage was awful.
>>1003918
You have shit taste
>>
When you say "suit" I sure as shit hope you don't mean a wearable suit without some kind of weight-bearing exoskeleton. With that much armor, you wouldn't be able to move, and if you skimped on padding, you'd die from blunt trauma.
Don't try to reinvent the tank.
>>1003943
Fuck off /tv/, some of us like dumb movies.
>>
File: OP's tank.jpg (41 KB, 521x384) Image search: [Google]
OP's tank.jpg
41 KB, 521x384
>rectangular prism shaped block of rediculously thick armor plating
So wait, you want to create a small tank?
>>
File: excite.png (26 KB, 171x191) Image search: [Google]
excite.png
26 KB, 171x191
>>1003951
Cute.
>>
Oh shit, the annirversary day was yesterday
>>
It should be possible to make bullet proof composite plate armor. It would be something like tungsten carbide outer layer, high hardness ceramic layer, titanium layer with a final layer of kevlar and padding. The materials aren't difficult to buy. The army wont make something like that because it's heavy, expensive and won't survive heavy weapons.
>>
>>1003998
IIRC Killdozer used just steel plate and concrete. It was more than enough to stop everything the cops used.
>>
So, here's a better topic of conversation. Where did Killdozer go wrong?
How could we have improved Killdozer?
>>
>>1003998
>bullet proof
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1004004
Well it overheated right?
So a better cooling system for a start
I guess at the time cops just didn't know what the fuck to do because they were dumb as shit.
Look up the hostage thing in Russia, Russian military pumped the whole place full of nerve gas and just killed everyone including hostages. So really killdozer depends on where it happens. If the government really didn't give a fuck they would just fire a bunker blaster missile into it or something. Or throw burning tires at it I guess.
But also if you add a few ton of armour to a jcb and then plow into buildings with it make sure the engine doesn't overheat
>>
>>1004029
Should be pretty easy to build ducts that lead fresh air to the radiator without letting bullets in, just give it a few gentle turns and any stray bullets will just ricochet of the ducts.
Could even add fans in the duct to help pull air into the engine compartment.

The problem is depending on how desperate the authorities get they might consider just molotoving the engine intakes, which will almost certainly kill the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M8_hS0gqU8

Guess you could build the ducts to take air from below the dozer but then you have the problem that it might get blocked by debris or damaged somehow.
>>
>>1003903

What if you made a ball out of concrete and rebar, and just rolled around crushing people?

I am sure you could motorize the inside, and use your weight to get to incredible speed.

They would literally have to call in an air strike to stop you!
>>
dont the cops just surround you and wait til you run and of fuel , then you dead
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo

tank rampage in america
>>
File: enforced_by_aircraft.jpg (33 KB, 460x310) Image search: [Google]
enforced_by_aircraft.jpg
33 KB, 460x310
>>1004086
And they say the militarization of the police is a bad thing.

He could have done a lot more damage if he hadn't fucked up and got stuck.
I mean, wtf if the cops gonna do?

Only thing that could have stopped him was if the military loaded up another M-60 and went after him.
>>
>>1004140
Yeah, well maybe we should have a little bit something more between our tanks and our crazy people than some chain link fencing and a pad lock.
>>
>>1004011
>hurr durr muh clips muh silencers muhbl bulletproof
Common usage, asshole
>>
>>1004142
He didn't steal a tank, he built it himself.
>>
>>1004080
or push him into a hole
>>
>>1004001
and that's why it had to be made out a buldozer, using several cranes and an entire building to house the project.
The same protection could be had with lighter, more expensive and difficult to work with materials if that is what you're after.
>>
>>1004029
It collapsed the floor of a building he was demolishing, fell into a basement and couldn't get out IIRC.
>>
>>1004029
Engine overheated cause they shot his radiator up.

>>1003926
Shhh... let's convince OP to make a suit of armor so heavy he can't move when he puts it on.
>>
>>1003945
>some of us like dumb movies
I do, and I agree that rampage sucked. It was a waste of my time.
>>
>>1004004
I think running the device by remote would have been better.
For countermeasures, just stick a charge on the tracks like pte.Ryan.
>>
File: Daleks_appearence.jpg (30 KB, 392x294) Image search: [Google]
Daleks_appearence.jpg
30 KB, 392x294
>>1003903
EXTERMINATE
>>
>>1004275
>It was a waste of my time.
And yet here you are.
>>
>>1004561
Derp
>>
>>1003903
>>
>What is the practicality and plausibility of a "killdozer suit" if you will?

Zero unless you are DARPA, and even then its very difficult. If you spent ten minutes on the internet you'd know this.
>>
>>1003903

Maneuverability would be very low and, once you fall, you wouldn't be able to get up.
>>
>>1004001
They had the national guard on standby with anti-armor weapons if he reached a certain point without being stopped.
>>
>>1004862

Wear your lifealert fool
>>
File: B8C0VuPIAAAFJD1.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
B8C0VuPIAAAFJD1.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>1004915
>>
>>1004140
>And they say the militarization of the police is a bad thing.
>He could have done a lot more damage if he hadn't fucked up and got stuck.
>I mean, wtf if the cops gonna do?
>Only thing that could have stopped him was if the military loaded up another M-60 and went after him.
A tank with one person is useless, you could get a pickup truck have a guy sitting in the back with a supersoaker full of paint and block the tiny view port. You can just get a fuel truck to dump fuel onto the road and set it on fire as the tank passes. With no gunner a tank is useless there's so many simple ways to disable them. The only tank that one person might be able to steal and use is the T-14 armata.
>>
>>1003945
There's only blunt trauma when you wear soft armor.
Even assuming the bullet loses absolutely zero velocity during its flight from the barrel of the gun and into the armor, the most force it could possibly expel is equivilant to the recoil the shooter also felt.
>>
>>1004959
Most tanks and AFV are designed to drive through napalm and other incendiary strikes. It's part of tanky goodness. Button up and drive on.

True that no gunner makes SOME tanks useless because driver cannot get to their position, but be careful of assumptions.

Mobility kill can work if you have light weapons that can damage track, but with modern inter-agency coordination all it would take is declaring an armored vehicle a possible terrorist threat. No tank is reliably protective against multiple modern ATGW.

A tank declared a terrorist threat could even be strafed with .20mm from USAF alert aircraft if it was in open country. Alert birds are forever now.

US tanks don't have APS and if they do it can't stop multiple shots at the same location. Even if nutjob steals an Abrams it can die. IS have killed a few Iraqi Abrams with burny results on Youtube.
>>
>>1005007
>I'm retarded: the post.

A bullet is an inch or less long. A bullet in a barrel takes more time to fully ignite than a flying bullet with some energy lost takes to stop against armor.
>>
>>1005245
>A bullet is an inch or less long. A bullet in a barrel takes more time to fully ignite than a flying bullet with some energy lost takes to stop against armor.
I truly hope english isn't your first language, because if there isn't something that got horribly lost in the translation it is you who are retarded.

Newtons third law, look it up sometime.
>>
>>1003923
I think you'll find that Poland will disagree with you there. Also every military that has tanks and continues to use them on a regular basis.
>>
>>1003977
An armored canoe
>>
>>1004145
He was referring to >>1004086.
>>
>>1005263
You're too dumb to understand what he's saying. The momentum is the same, but the bullet is stopped faster than it is fired. If the bullet stops in half the time it took to fire, it would apply twice the average force it took to fire. Faster stopping, greater average force.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>1003903
>>
>>1005338
Even if you double the force of a high caliber rifle bullet it ain't going to do jack shit to someone in hardplate armor since the force is spread over a large area at impact.
>>
One based 0n a bobcat chasis would be neat
>>
>>1004029
ideally the bulldozer would use a deutz air cooled engine so that it would not overheat.
>>
>>1005338
why the best armor deflects and slows instead of taking it all in one go. ceramics are a one hit wonder
>>
>>1005369
I think the police had something like that in the Frein manhunt. Check the /k/ threads from around then.
>>
File: holtzman_shield01[1].jpg (28 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
holtzman_shield01[1].jpg
28 KB, 700x500
>>1003903
The slow blade penetrates the shield.
>>
>>1004590
I just read the Wikipedia entry for this. Jesus Christ, that thing is straight out of Warhammer 40k.
>>
>>1004140
lol kids. they think tanks are invulnerable
>>
>how to disable a tank
>toss a roll of Concertina wire into the tracks

Just 1 roll of standard farm barbed wire can stop a tank dead. Just chuck it right between the gears and the track.
>>
>>1003903
Nothing is immune to being counter attacked, Aashif.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1465499674714.webm
>>
Marvin wasn't really a bad guy, they kind of screwed him... They built the plant on the road to his shop, and wouldn't let him build another road with a bulldozer he already bought. The reason the rampage ended was because as someone else mentioned the tracks got stuck in gambles basement. It wasn't all bad, we got a brand new downtown with a new gambles, library, town hall, etc... And mad munchies recently reopened :)
>>
File: tmp_25284-images(2)-238958357.jpg (15 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25284-images(2)-238958357.jpg
15 KB, 300x168
>>1004862
Tip assist!
>>
File: 1447517023807.jpg (28 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
1447517023807.jpg
28 KB, 640x334
>>1003903
Killdozers are a state of mind, the dream of every man.
>>
>>1006153
The fuck is going on here?
>>
>>1005007, >>1005245, >>1005263, >>1005338
It's Physics time, bitches.

Firing a bullet is, Newtonionaly, an elastic collision. The bullet goes one way, the gun goes the other, and the energy entering the system comes from the propellant.

Nows, there's a law that says that in elastic collisions, momentum is conserved.

Momentum is mass times velocity, and so m1v1+m2v2 = 0.The bullet has a tiny a fraction of the mass of the gun. Thus with the same momentum, it necessarily has a much greater velocity. Kinetic energy is the mass times the velocity *squared*. This means that when two objects of different mass collide elastically, they *necessarily* have a different amount of energy: if kinetic energy were conserved, momentum couldn't be.

Ek=1/2m v^2=(1/2v)(mv); when you combine this with the elastic collision momentum equation, you get m1e1=m2e2.

Let's run the numbers with a 4g NATO bullet, and a 3kg AR15. If v1=v2*(m2/m1), so v1 = 750 v2. Ek = 1/2 m v^2, so for a pretty-standard muzzle velocity of 900 m/s, the gun recoils at 1.2 m/s, and has 1.5*1.2*1.2 = 2.16J of Ek. The bullet departs at 900 m/s, and has 0.002*900*900=1620J of Ek.

The bullet collides inelastically with the target; the buttstock collides inelastically with your shoulder. When you fire an AR15, the bullet dumps 750 times as much energy into the target as the buttstock dumps into your shoulder.

This is why it's way more pleasant to be hit by a gun than to be hit by a bullet.
>>
>>1006596
You are forgetting the weight of the firearm itself. A heavier firearm has less recoil applied to the person firing it.
>>
>>1006617
Pretty sure that's the point of his whole post there, stud. Did you miss the part about the 3kg rifle versus the 4g bullet?
>>
>>1006617
Before the gun is fired, it is stationary.
After the gun is fired, it is stationary.

It should be obvious, therefore, that every newton-second of momentum is always transferred to the shooter.

You're fundamentally misunderstanding the physics here: momentum is always equal and opposite (conservation of momentum); kinetic energy depends on the mass of the two bodies.

A heavier gun does not recoil less because the energy is the same but its greater mass is harder to accelerate*: it has the same momentum and a greater mass so the recoil energy is actually less.

Assume your theory is true: the shooter still has to decelerate the gun, so your heavier gun that was harder to accelerate would be equally as hard to decelerate.
>>
>>1004275
But the bingo scene was great
>>
>>1006153
Ah yes, mating season, when the males fight for mates in brutal combat.

>>1006546
According to the internet news, employees of two rival construction companies in China got into an argument that escalated wildly out of control.
>>
File: gun_jesus.jpg (73 KB, 852x960) Image search: [Google]
gun_jesus.jpg
73 KB, 852x960
>>1003903
Have you ever heard of Ned Kelly OP?
If anything you should just look for some level 4a armor plate in bulk and cut/weld a suit out of that.
But it's gonna be heavy, and if youre thinking of shooting some place up your still probably gonna have a bad time.
But let's say you do actually go through with it, tell me when and where so I can Molotov you and then bayonet charge you with my nugget and be a national hero.
>>
>>1003903
>>1006154
I was sad when I read how it ended.. It really does sound like the guy got fucked.
>>
>>1005299
>the joke
>your head
>>
I'm pretty sure what OP wants to cobble together is currently being used to fight ISIS and might have been used to oust Gaddafi, or at least shove a rod up his ass.
>>
>>1006153
Jesus man, that is the funniest thing I've seen in months! The music just makes it 10 times as funny.
>>
>>1006596
try to shoot a gun with a nail as buttstock... there's a lot more to it as dumped energy or momentum. Somebody stabbing a person really hard (like in that japan/china/whatever TV assasin gif) easily "dumps" a few hundred J of Ek but a footballer could easily take a hit with the same energy. I'm no bio eng but i'd say most important is probably pressure (blunt trauma or not) and to some amount velocity (due to non linear behaviour of bio materials).

>>1005338
physics says dp/dt = F so yes

which also means while firing a gun the (average) force and therefore pressure on your body is smaller plus it get's distributed alot more

would be interesting to now how the force is distributed over time though
>>
>>1003903
>>
>>1004590
they sell these from time to time on govliquidation.com
>>
>>1005366
a baseball to the chest can kill you...so a high power rifle can do it too, even if not doubled.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 296x581) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 296x581
> you will never make bulletproof Templar armour and ravage heretics with your sword
>>
Small sealed metal container with "gun ports" + inevitable clouds of tear gas every law enforcement agency has = better hope you packed your respirator
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.