[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /diy/. I'm in need of a good vacuum that can handle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: NV752_vl2[1].jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
NV752_vl2[1].jpg
18 KB, 500x500
Sup /diy/. I'm in need of a good vacuum that can handle pet hair. Preferable a bagless model. I've been looking at the Shark Rotator Truepet (NV752). Any opinions? Better options? I prefer an upright as I don't have to worry about stairs.
>>
>>1003387
Miele or Riccar.
>>
I don't know that one, but I bought a shark vacuum a couple of years ago, and it was close to unusable.

Poor suction, and the door would fall from the dust receptical when I removed it, making a huge mess. I ended up throwing it away after only cleaning the door 3 or 4 times.
>>
Not to thread crap but >>>/adv/
>>
>>1003452
I wouldn't go there to ask for tools recommendation
>>
>>1003454
If it was for a shop vac I would agree, but a vacuum cleaner for the house isn't what I would call /diy/'s range of tool knowledge.
>>
>>1003461
There were threads about it in the past. A vacuum repair and service homie had a thread about it once. He basically said the same things: Shark is garbage and Riccar and Miele were good. Thats still a pretty broad swath of vacuums to choose from though.
>>
>>1003387
I recently bought a Dyson Ball Animal Cinetic while drunk and pissed off at my wife's cats.
That thing is fucking amazing. No bags, no filter, and better suction than any vacuum I've ever used.
The motherfucker pulls cat hair out of the carpet that I didn't even know was there. I'm probably pulling up pet hair from the previous home owners.
The only issue I had with it was that I pulled up so much hidden crap the first few times I used it, that I had to dump the trap out very often.

The Dyson is pretty pricey, but I'm pretty happy with it. Still hate those fucking cats, though.
>>
>>1003452
How do you know OP didn't pay a professional and then decided that they could get a vacuum and "DIY"?
>>
>>1003387
We have two dogs, and the hair on the floor is insane sometimes.

We have a Miele 'drag around the floor' type of vacuum. We use the 'tiles' setting on the head to clean our carpet. This pushes the brushes down on the head of the vacuum so they make contact with the carpet and scrape up the dog hair.

The Miele has HEPA bags, so it's a pain in the ass buying bags, but they work well.

It is a good vacuum and when turned all the way up feels like it could pull the carpet from the floor, it takes a bit of force to push it round on the carpet.
>>
>>1003471
I have used a dyson upright, and while it had good suction, it was fucking heavy and I broke the handle pushing/pulling it around.

Fix'd with duct tape though.
>>
>>1003387
I have that exact model and I like it a lot. The suction is good, it's versatile, picks up pet hair easily, and fluffs carpet well. Sure it isn't as nice as a Miele but it's a fraction of that price. I tested a Dyson v8 ball and didn't like the stupid ball thingy. If you buy it from the website you get a lifetime warranty and free shipping and you can make payments.

Don't forget to Google for a discount code before you check out. I bought mine around mothers day and saved $60 with a coupon code I found online.
>>
>>1003387
I spent a good chunk of money buying the previous "dyson killers" - hoover cyclone - shark navigator lift away. Pure garbage. Finally bought a dyson and its alright. Over engineered and known to have power switch problems but it works good. If the want the absolue best that you can hand down to your grandkids then pony up and get a kirby.
>>
I use a 5HP shop vac and put a panty hose leg over the filter. Been vacuuming pet hair for many years and never needed to replace the filter.

It's an ancient trick useful for any filter.
>>
>>1004394
>>1003387
I have the Miele too.
There's an epic reddit thread about it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1pe2bd

inb4 reddit boohoo
>>
File: hadescoffeecup.jpg (321 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
hadescoffeecup.jpg
321 KB, 792x825
>>1003387

I used to own a Swivel Sweeper from one of them informercials from TV, didn't last long but probably isn't worth it, but I was able to get screws and such safely picked up while other vacuums can't. It's not big, but rechargeable with a battery, I'd suggest for you to determine a budget for one.

> Shark Rotator

Pic's my response to reference, I remember those informercials involving them during high school years involving them, yet I don't know if it's better than that boring Swivel Sweeper, it's probably better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.