[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ I'm starting a sewing project. I've started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: TobakLomme1.jpg (65 KB, 550x411) Image search: [Google]
TobakLomme1.jpg
65 KB, 550x411
Hey /diy/

I'm starting a sewing project. I've started smoking, i know its bad, i roll my own, to keep them small, and its cheaper. But, i don't want to carry all that around.

So, i'm going to create a folding pocket for this. I'm drawing up my plan, just want to get the thread started in already. I would like input and thoughts, thanks.

ALSO: General sewing projects you have done or do, out of pure interes.
>>
File: Tobaklomme2.png (308 KB, 995x666) Image search: [Google]
Tobaklomme2.png
308 KB, 995x666
The project drawings. Sorry, i'm not an artist with a mouse and paint. I have gathered
>>
File: 2016-05-31 14.07.41.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31 14.07.41.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
the beginning. found some Magnetic bendable band.
>>
>>1001637
>ignoring the existing sewing thread
>creating a life long sentence to a physical dependence of a substance

OP is smart.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
As cool as all that is, and I intend to do something similar with leather for my pipe and tobacco...

But you'd probably be better served with a roller box, or if you still want to roll by hand a small metal tin to hold loose leaf and papers.

If you must though, for the pocket with the metal band, I got this tip from my step mom, use one of those old slap bracelets or like a metal tape measure, a length on either side of the opening, then you can open it but they sort of snap back together when released.

Anyway pic related is the sort of roller box I mean.
They're often used for pot but were originally intended for tobacco and have been around for at least a century or so.
>>
>>1001768
Or of course you could simply roll up a bunch ahead of time, and keep them in a classic metal cigarette case.
>>
File: 2016-05-31 19.29.42.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31 19.29.42.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>1001768
thanks for the tips. Yeah its kinda lame to use a machine roller for joints here in Denmark.

>>1001737
Just wait, the tshirt is for the logo, i actually am gonna use existing threads for the edges. wait and see.

The reason i don't just have a box or sew somthing for carrying 5-10, is that i'm /out/ too. I sometimes go for a month, so i would be nice to have something for carrying it all around i those cases.

I've got further, but that picture is >4mb
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.