[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 170
File: 07256.gif (3 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
07256.gif
3 KB, 650x450
I can't believe people followed this awful webcomic for 7 years and get fucked over this hard.

And now it's on life support and relying on fucking gay pairings to fund their shitty kickstarter game.

I can't believe Hussie broke our hearts.
>>
Stop
>>
legit dont understand why you people make threads if you hate homestuck so much. go play pokemon
>>
>>84533902
it's just a veiled attempt at keeping not-hsg going

just stop until there's something new guys jesus
>>
>>84533902
>go play pokemon
>fucking server problems and game keeps freezing when you catch something
I want to break Niantic's fucking necks and Hussie's neck as well.
>>
>>84533932
yes but unlike hsg, these threads actually stay on topic pretty much the whole time. hsg just ended up being a chatroom. hst is 50 or so people unironically discussing something they hate 24/7
>>
File: hr.jpg (54 KB, 500x619) Image search: [Google]
hr.jpg
54 KB, 500x619
You know, I was thinking the other day about how much I liked the initial parallels and contrasts between the beta kids. Some of this is quite intricately done when you get to thinking about it.

>John is one of the cheery, open-hearted, trusting, optimistic prospit kids and doesn't mind being passive
>Likes to set people straight, tell the facts as they are, and gets frustrated or mocks when others try to deceive him
>Has an interest in physical "fake" magic - card tricks, sleight of hand, deception, misdirection, disguise - all prankster/entertainer stuff that doesn't actually change the matter involved, just rearranges it to alter your perception of what's happening
>Gets a dark, foreboding land full of oily businessmen in which he has to fulfil cryptic demands written on crude stone tablets, and his method of travel is trapping himself inside of small pipes and trusting a capricious breeze that takes him wherever it wills

>Rose is one of the serious, self-contained, facetious, cynical derse kids and actively aims to be in control
>Likes to turn people in circles, tell half-truths and altered stories to see their reaction, and becomes highly amused when others try to deceive her
>Has an interest in chemical "real" magic - spells, potions, rituals, ressurection, destruction - all wizard/cult stuff that tangibly changes the matter involved and has a consequential effect on the user/their world
>Gets a light, pure land full of white sands and rainbows in which she has attentive devotees at her beck and call, and pretty much nothing which stands in her way or diverts her from following her own thoughts and actions to their fullest extent

I could go on and on forever but basically

>cool detached emotionless kid gets hot, thumping bleeding heart lavaland with highly interactive naks
>friendly tropical green thumb girl gets frozen, silent volcanic wasteland with dormant thips

shit's really cool
>>
>>84534178
>that image
>we could have had the kids each playing their lands instrument to make a complete song
add it to the pile of shit that would have been great
>>
File: 1347173807493.png (383 KB, 4784x4480) Image search: [Google]
1347173807493.png
383 KB, 4784x4480
>>84534234
>john slammed and jammed out on a colossal pipe organ to free the breeze
>never got rose playing a violin with waterfalls of rainbow light cascading down to form the strings
>never got dave's illest beat session ever via spinning and pinging the gear discs off the scaffolding needles to reverbate music through the planet core
>never got jade playing a hauntingly rejuvenating bassline that wamed the forge, thawed the land and imbued the plants and animals with the rhythm of life DESPITE HER DOING IT ALREADY AT HOME
>>
File: 1463979168777.png (241 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1463979168777.png
241 KB, 1000x750
>>
File: arctisGT1.png (67 KB, 594x522) Image search: [Google]
arctisGT1.png
67 KB, 594x522
>>
>>84534789
FUCK ARCTIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DIDIDE BROS WHERE U AT
>>
>>84533982
>these threads actually stay on topic pretty much the whole time

this is a good thing and also a bad thing because there's nothing left to discuss
>>
>>84534322
one thing i found really weird in these threads was how the general opinion of pipeorgankind changed, it used to be hated until it was in a flash, and suddenly people think its one of the best songs
>>
File: 1467011222340.png (189 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467011222340.png
189 KB, 700x1200
>>
>>84533746
>And now it's on life support and relying on fucking gay pairings
Meenah and Vriska broke up, you know. And their pairing was mostly a joke to gay shippers in the first place.
>>
File: 1360885151153.png (1 MB, 700x950) Image search: [Google]
1360885151153.png
1 MB, 700x950
>>
>>84534789
why does she always look mildly bemused
>>
>>84534950
an interesting counterpoint to overture
>>
File: 1466192152092.gif (48 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1466192152092.gif
48 KB, 650x450
opinion on cool and new web comic?
>>
>>84535827
overshilled and overpraised
>>
>>84535827
Overrated trash and rosemary shit
>Kanaya is the normal troll
>>
>>84536393
it's already accepted that she's going to be shitty the next time we see her, to show that the shittiness is an advancing threat
>>
>>84533982
I don't hate Homestuck, but maybe because I invested only 6 months of my life in it and not 7 years like most of you guys.
>>
>>84535827
>cool and new web comic?
what? Did hussie start drawing again?
>>
>>84536998
http://mspfanventures.com/?s=14113&p=1
>>
>>84537141
>>84536998
when will the shilling end
>>
>>84537141
Holy kek this is great
>>
>>84537209
>someone asks
>I respond
>SHILLING SHILLING
>>
>>84537267
>>84537238
samefag
kys underage cancer
>>
File: redd.png (2 KB, 173x84) Image search: [Google]
redd.png
2 KB, 173x84
>>84537403
go home reddit
>>
>>84536393
I want to see Eridan or maybe Nepeta be the normal troll. Eridan would bounce off of Rose and Jack well, and Nepeta didn't do enough in lame and old webcomic.
>>
File: 1356903240340.png (10 KB, 188x168) Image search: [Google]
1356903240340.png
10 KB, 188x168
>>
>>84534178
>cool detached emotionless kid
>takes Dave's coolkid act at face value
>>
Are these threads finally dying?
>>
File: 07982.gif (78 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
07982.gif
78 KB, 650x450
>>
>>84537509
I'm sure both will get more to do in this iteration than in the actual comic, both are already setup with clear jokes from their canon selves, so they should be pretty fun when they start doing things.
>>
Aradia...no...
>>
>>84533746
It seems like a rule that you can't make a story that depends on revealing mysteries without it falling apart by the end, or being kind of meh at best.

The beginning chatlogs were full of crazy interconnections between things, everyone talking out of time order, all these hints about later parts of the plot, etc. But it just went on too long.
>>
>>84538994
ever17
>>
>>84538124
I can't believe Karkat became a gay loser kuck....
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (27 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
27 KB, 428x410
>>84539800
It was pretty fucking obvious that Karkat was a loser. I don't know why you fuckers pretend he wasn't always portrayed as one. Even as far back as act 3.
>>
File: 1326740167440.png (16 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1326740167440.png
16 KB, 600x400
>>84538124
>>
>>84539881
We already know he is a loser.

8ut it's worse how Hussie turned him into a cuck and Dave's cocksleeve, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>84539937
>8
go away Vriska
>>
>>84530568 â–¶
"Cuz ROXY IS AWESOME!!!!!!!" It's retarded how she's a non-combat class (no combat specific powers she uses like Dirk or Dave) and is beating up one of the main bads herself. No one else got a "lol so cool!!" moment besides her.

It's PURELY symbolic. Dave and Dirk both knew that his death is purely meaningless because he can be revived in a second anyway. It has absolutely no meaning.
>>
>>84540578
*completely meaningless
*beating up on the main bads alone
Aw, frick.
>>
>Caliborn never used time powers on-screen, it was all just time itself conspiring to fit his goals
>Alt Calliope literally broke out of the dream bubbles somehow and destroyed the whole fucking Green Sun

>Lord ended up being the most passive class and Muse the most active
>>
>People still think Roxy is a good character and there isn't author favoritism towards her.
>>
>>84540578
>non-combat class
literally what. do you think passive means non-combat? how do you explain gamzee, then? or terezi?

its stated in the comic that passive means in service of others whereas active means in service of yourself
>>
Rose is a Mary Sue. She's a non-combat class and she can still shoot beams of light? What the fuck?
>>
>>84541064
I specified in my original post. Her powers create shit from thin air. Princes are decidedly built for combat. She doesn't even use a Fraymotif. Rogues aren't necessarily non-combat but Roxy's powers are definitely not built for it.
>>84541110
>Ignoring half the point for a meme.
Somebody with very few combat-related abilities attacking the main bad by herself and then winning is retarded.
>>
File: whocares2.gif (301 KB, 281x333) Image search: [Google]
whocares2.gif
301 KB, 281x333
>>84540635
Have your expectations...
Been subverted?

>character who can be possesed with a single word by a villain known for being completely immortal is given a ring that makes her completely immortal
>this has absolutely nothing at all to do with how the villain became immortal, even though at one point he is shown to have a visually identical ring in the future.
despite being known for being completely immortal, it is simply ignored and the "good Guys" simply kill him until he dies.
RED HERRINGS.
FLOW THROUGH MY VEINS.
>>
Is Terezi a whore?
>>
>>84541218
Who would you say that, Anon?
>>
>>84540635
>Lord
>his aspect serves him
>Muse
>her actions inspire her aspect
sounds about right to me.

>>84541155
roxys role in the story is to steal the session, and the future, from the void. she even does it with a backstab! absolutely no part of the classpect system is focussed on 'combat' or 'non-combat' and youve misunderstood it completely if you think that.
>>
>>84541218
No. She's a Mary Sue. She killed Vriska with a backstab. Without a Fraymotif! While being a non-combat class!
>>
>>84533964
go play ingress then you nerdlord
>>
>>84541155
>very few combat-related abilities
I'm pretty sure being able to make yourself intangible at will, whilst not specifically design with combat in mind, is a hilariously broken ability when used in combat. Which is exactly what happened, she got a cheap shot at a critical area.

Was it the most satisfying way to handle Condy's defeat? Fuck no, the whole Condy situation was poorly handled given so few of the characters who actually had direct antagonism towards her get to fight her in the end. However, Roxy being the de facto lead of the Alphas was one of those with direct antagonism towards her and it's at least fitting in that regard she got the last hit in.
>>
>>84541309
Princes specifically destroy their aspect or with their aspect. Classpects aren't focus on combat abilities but some combinations prove more useful than others in a direct fight. Roxy going up to the Condesce and beating her up by herself and then killing her is just stupid.
>>84541315
>Vriska is now equivalent to the Condesce in power.
OK. I love how pro-Roxy posts are just shitty memes.
>>
>>84540666
>people still think it's a good thing that roxy wears shoes
>>
>>84541385
>it's another fetish discussion that should belong to /aco/'s homestuck thread episode
>>
>>84541344
It's not even the fact that she got the last blow. She went all "hahaahah beatdown on her all alone" and then killed her. No one else had anything "awesome" like that and it's a clear example of author favoritism.
>>
>>84541357
Vriska is absurdly overpowered and could probably take on the Condesce solo and win.

But Terezi was able to OHKO her with the element of surprise and, mostly, dramatic tension.
>>
>>84541462
>Vriska is absurdly overpowered and could probably take on the Condesce solo and win.
I really doubt that. Fuck, even Karkat beat Clover and his luck powers.
>>
>>84541357
Yes.

Vriska was almost able to beat Bec Noir and he was stronger than Condy.
>>
>>84541357
dirk destroys souls. this is mostly demonstrated by him taking away the agency and 'self' of his friends. he also tries some soul rip stuff mostly unsuccessfully. he never once demonstrates himself to be better in a straight-up fight than terezi, even though youd totally expect the 'destroyer' class to be better in a fight than the seer. because thats NOT how it works.

roxy is a good fighter. its just one part of how she steals things from nothingness for others. which is what her classpect is about. there is no such thing as a classpect that is better or worse in conbat, all that matters is whether fighting ability is required to fulfill your narrative role.
>>
>>84541496
>Most likely immune to mind control (not that this ever mattered with the Condesce, but still)
>God tier provided luck powers
>Magic dice with a super mode that allowed her to take on Bec Noir and, according to Scratch, likely win
Being overpowered is part of her entire character concept, come on. The general rule is that if her killing that character would be infuriating to every reader, then she can do it.
>>
>>84541592
she would go batman-level-planning on that fight as well. if there was a way to beat the condesce 1 vs 1 vriska would find it and if she didnt then frankly it would be out of character
>>
>>84541357
>Roxy going up to the Condesce and beating her up by herself
That didn't happen, how you've convinced yourself this is what happened is beyond me. All of the kids fighting the Condense did their part, hence the extended fight sequence with all the fraymotiffs and even then she looked more bothered than injured. Roxy just had a greater attachment to the fight than the others and thus is shown contributing above her peers to the viewer, it has a narrative function.

Add on to this that the kids were primarily trying to stall her over anything else, hoping to deal with the other fights first and then receive backup to finally put her down. Given they were on the brink of defeat it's fair to say the unexpected risky tactic was their best bet at winning at that point as their stalling tactic wasn't working well enough, something like a sneak attack when her back is turned and she's preoccupied.
>>
>>84541652
She didn't do it the entire fight but she still had the extended beatdown sequence. It's barely made a point that she hated the Condesce to her abandoned arc.

Even then, John didn't go "ahahah beatdown" on Bec for killing his father which would have been a million times more effective emotionally. It's just there to make her look cool.
>>
>>84541592
Perhaps she could, perhaps she couldn't. There's way too many variables to say for sure, given how overpowered both combatants areas well as both of them having glaring weaknesses in their personalities that could make the difference.

For instance, I could imagine Vriska trying to enter her ultimate form in the fight, only to have the Condesce stop her dice rolls from completing, thus having a huge advantage over her. Equally, Vriska could foresee that and enter that form beforehand and the Condesce could stubbornly stand and fight this temporarily empowered self and be defeated.
>>
>>84541709
>It's barely made a point that she hated the Condesce to her abandoned arc.
roxy hates the condesce more than anyone by far and the comic repeatedly hammers that in from her first lines to her last
>>
>>84541769
Nah.
>>
>>84541792
Convincing argument.
>>
>>84541709
The Condesce was the big bad of her world, she was one of the big bads for the alphas, certainly the one who influenced Dirk and Roxy the most given their upbringing under her brutal dictatorship. Certainly she was way more invested in getting revenge on her than any of the other kids there, including fucking Kanaya. The extended beatdown is the culmination of this in the adscence of the Alphas fighting her together, Jane should definitely had more of a role in that fight.

>>84541709
>Even then, John didn't go "ahahah beatdown" on Bec for killing his father which would have been a million times more effective emotionally
Irrelevant to the topic at hand, but I'll agree that should have been the big task of the Betas, but sadly wasn't included.
>>
>>84541496
>Karkat beat Clover and his luck powers
Can Karkat solo Mindfang?
>>
>fuck an aradia cosplayer few weeks ago
>find out today it was actually a dude
wtf
>>
>>84541809
I know.
>>84541822
All I'm saying is that the Condesce didn't really seem to have much of a connection to Roxy because of her demeanor and abandoned arc. She seems like the only person who got a genuinely "awesome" moment on her own and that kind of irks- especially when compared to everyone else.
>>
>>84541769
first conversation (she introduces the batterwitch):
>TG: she wants you to play
>TG: wants us all to
>TG: part of her BIG PLANS
>TG: and ur playing right into em

last conversation:
>ROXY: im a goddamn rogue
>ROXY: i TAKE shit
>ROXY: and now ima take back from the WITCH
>ROXY: everything she stole that shoulda been ours

and like a million conversations in between
>>
>>84541852
Did you. Not notice the dick?
>>
>>84541829
Probably. Weenie powers ahoy!!!!!!
>>
I don't know what a Homestuck is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

Seriously though is it even worth getting into at this point?
>>
>>84541887
clothes never came off
i mean now it's kinda obvious but you know hindsight is 20/20 and all that
>>
>>84541904
Yeah
Read until WV: Ascend. If you like it, carry on. If you don't, then you might as well stop since you probably won't enjoy the comic.
>>
>>84541904
yeah the best parts are better than anything else on the internet by a long way
>>
>>84541904
It's a webcomic that takes advantage of the fact it's on the Internet to do all sorts of cool shit. That alone makes it worth checking out. Just don't get too emotionally invested into the story.
>>
>>84541852
gay
>>
>>84541856
The Condesce is tied to Roxy given the importance Roxy's upbringing had on her character and Condy was the primary antagonistic force in that setting. That's not even talking about Meenah's repeated assaults on Roxy which happens a couple of times during Act 6, which is another tie in the whole antagonism thing. Then as >>84541886 shows, Roxy has certainly regarded the Condesce as a big negative part of her life that followed her from her terrible past into what should have been the positive future.

You seem to have an issue with how Collide handled things, and that's fine, many anons will agree with that sentiment. However, you seem to be displacing your frustrations purely on Roxy which is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>84542047
it's not gay.
i had sex with i thought was a woman. no penis, not gay.
>>
>>84542083
im trying to understand what kind of sex took place
>>
>>84542060
It's not purely on Roxy. There's a lot of shit said in the threads here that I agree with.

Roxy's feelings towards the Condesce never felt weighted and while completely understandable, they didn't carry much emotional depth or feel very important. This is more of a problem with Roxy though and this big, badass culmination that's supposed to feel awesome (and is only really given to her) just feels kind of empty. Like the thing with Dirk and Dave that I mentioned in my original post.
>>
>>84542083
okay john
how do you feel now that you know
>>
>>84542060
Not the anon you're talking to, but:
Maybe if we'd actually seen Roxy struggle in her daily post-apocalypse life, maybe if the consequences of Condy's horrible rule made her visibly emotional, maybe then it'd have weight.
But it didn't. It was purely tell-not-show, in classic Hussie style.
>>
>>84533746
I couldn't get into Homestuck. I stopped reading when I realized the only character I was actually invested in was Rose.
>>
>>84542249
But she became an alcoholic which barely affected her competence and which she overcame with incredible ease!
>>
>>84542137
i read act 6 archivally and roxys specific feud with the condesce came out pretty strong. she was responsible for roxys shitty life and roxy showed her anger over that a lot more strongly than dirk ever did, they interacted a bunch of times, and then it was the condesce that killed rose in game over. their feud was the only strong thing about the condesce as a villain, honestly, since im sure we can all agree she didnt have the same impact jack did. she was a weak choice to be the True Final Boss. that said, she was definitely roxys boss more than anyone elses, and roxy 'deserved' the final blow insofar as something like that can be deserved.
>>
>>84542137
Their antagonism towards the Batterwitch wasn't anywhere near as developed as the original antagonism from the Betas and the trolls for Bec Noir were, that much I agree on wholeheartedly. However, one thing to note is that the Batterwitch was used more as a looming threat for Dirk, Roxy and Jane, but for Roxy in particular. She's the big bad in Roxy's mind, given Caliborn was really Calliope's enemy to Roxy her connection to him came through Calliope instead of direct antagonism like Jane and Dirk had. Much of Roxy's direct anger towards the Condese comes from the Game Over timeline for obvious reasons, Collide was her chance to really have an impact given she only acted passively in the Game Over fight and it wasn't enough to help.

Though I would agree the anger portion definitely should have been handled better, but by that point Hussie seemed to have forgotten how to portray human emotions given John's lack of response to anything Game Over related.

>>84542249
Yea I can agree with that, considering how much time was utterly wasted on getting the Alphas into their session, there was so little development of their home worlds. I don't think Condy did much in the run up to the Alphas entering which was another wasted opportunity, but I still think out of anyone, Roxy had the most clear negative attachment to the Condesce.
>>
>>84542409
That's all fine and dandy and I can agree but that doesn't really refute anything I said there.
>>84542433
You see, it's understandable, not weighted; there's no emotion. Exactly what I said. Again, John vs. Bec would have been a billion times better (even if handled poorly) because it was actually given proper build-up.
>>
>>84542458
roxys flippant manner makes it unrealistic to expect her to regularly show genuine anger while staying in character. she came across as pretty fucking mad to me though
>>
>>84542500
You could make the same case for John but the situation with Bec still felt more weighted.
>>
>>84541437
beats 'whine about the same things endlessly'

omg lets talk about how bad the ending was
>>
>>84542500
I think the fact that they went to jail on Derse and Condy was there handing out cute quirky little pink glitter art projects, which Roxy seemed completely bored by, really took the punch out of their rivalry. I understand GO and Rose's death made it personal but that seems like 0.5 seconds character development compared to the entirety of the comic.
>>
>>84542538
thats down to jack being better than condy, not the depth of roxys emotions. john never showed any emotion towards jack whatsoever. john is a totally blank slate.
>>
>>84542458
Well that's the crux of it, you feel one way and I feel another. Trying to dispute someone's interpretation of the weight of a character's feelings is a fools game in my mind. Whilst we both agree it could have been done better, the general quality decline of Act 6 plays a big part in that.

The reality is that Roxy's history and negative feelings towards the Condesce have firm roots in the story in multiple scenarios and definitely more so than the other characters, even the trolls who should have the most direct connection to her. Her feelings that come from the Condesce's actions in Game Over come out as determination over anything, which has weight in itself, but there was certainly anger there too from her time in imprisonment and the post-Skaia entry conversations she has.
>>
File: tumblr_mdiiazNTb81r0hv9do1_1280.jpg (387 KB, 645x737) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdiiazNTb81r0hv9do1_1280.jpg
387 KB, 645x737
How does Caliborn look simultaneously cute and ugly at the same time?
>>
>>84542640
pug effect
>>
File: image.png (78 KB, 381x465) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78 KB, 381x465
>>84542640
wheres the ugly?
>>
>>84542561
Nah, your shitty fetish discussion isn't even more contributive than bitching about the ending.
>>
>>84542613
Well, yeah, that's part of it. But John did feel pissed that Bec killed his father, obviously. John's bright nature didn't tone it down or distract from it. The death of one person somehow feels better than all of the various situations that the Condesce and Roxy were in.
>>84542619
It's less about the situations and more about the execution. GO and her original home would be enough if done well. I don't know what else to say now.
>>
>>84542666
DELETE THIS.
>>
File: canwcvol2.png (2 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
canwcvol2.png
2 MB, 1440x1440
>>
>>84542828
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNRRfEvIq-I
>>
>>84542828
there have been more fucking albums than actual updates
>>
>>84542712
Well yeah it should feel like that, given Bec Noir was setup to be the big bad final boss who'd heavily influenced all the main cast until that point.

Then things went to shit and Hussie lost the plot, including how to effectively establish a villain, which is the issue with the Condesce. However, she was a somewhat successful ominous threat type of antagonist, especially for Roxy and Jane. Once she started influencing actual events in the comic she held narrative weight, she was a major threat at that point.

Her and Roxy may not have the antagonistic connection John and Bec Noir did, but there is a sufficient connection there to justify her actions in Collide in a meaningful manner, that was the point I was supporting this entire time.
>>
File: 1342576936433.png (25 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1342576936433.png
25 KB, 600x900
>>
>>84542828
Literaly why, the plot barely advanced
>>
>>84542956
new blood
>>
>>84542932
Well, my point was never that she didn't really have justification. The whole beat-down thing felt empty and it kind of sucks that she was just made look awesome when compared to everyone else working as a team. I don't know, it's hard to explain. I'm tired. Please don't hate me.
>>
>>84542976
did you manage to draw in any official music team members for seriously high quality shitmusic
>>
File: image.png (315 KB, 703x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
315 KB, 703x1000
>>84543009
>>
>>84543034
join the stream and find out
>>
I liked how Collide was 18 minutes long even though only the last 6 really matter and the rest is literally filler - some fights are at the exact same point where they started more than halfway through the video
A nice touch was having Kanaya, Jade and Karkat being completely useless (especially Jade, since we hadn't already seen anough of that, it was a very new and original concept), having Jake somehow defeat some of the Felt offscreen (but not Crowbar, which just disappears) and not have a definite follow-up to his self pity thing - btw, great choice having Spades Slick and the Felt as senseless enemies without real motivation against the protagonists, it was top tier storytelling
I also REEEALLY LIKE how there are a few points in Collide (firefly flying around, flashback to the Beta kids houses) where it looked like they were about to pull some sort of synchronized/simultaneus effort that would have them come out victorious, some sort of payoff after the lowest point of the fight where the protagonist is like "I won't lose!", and instead the fight goes on for minutes and minutes after that and they end up being completely useless apart from Dave
But the best part is definitely the one where we are led to believe that Bec Noir and PM, after a three year chase, will have a confrontation where their powers are obviusly matched but Bec Noir has kinda lost the will to fight and loses, and -surprise!- this thing that could have been predicted years ago happens exactly that way
Overall 10/10, a good solid endgame flash that wrapped everything up in a way that made sense and definitely had a reason to last 18 minutes
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 209x345) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 209x345
>>84543077
good choons tho
>>
>>84543056
I'm going to beat the shit out of Roxy.
>>
File: image.png (690 KB, 1280x1033) Image search: [Google]
image.png
690 KB, 1280x1033
>>84543148
just dont punch her in the stomach or shell puke
>>
File: aYbwweO_460sa.gif (792 KB, 460x342) Image search: [Google]
aYbwweO_460sa.gif
792 KB, 460x342
>>84543099
Yeah, except from the fact that the second part of Eternity Served Cold should have been used when Caliborn went God Tier (which -guess what- WE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING SEE), since it's the God Tier theme with Cherubim instrumentals
It's like it was made specifically for that, FFS, how hard could it be not to fuck up this much?
>>
File: equiusdied.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
equiusdied.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>84543202
My boner will only increase my fighting ability.
>>
>>84543009
I mean I don't, I get where you're coming from for sure, but I feel the focus of the distaste should lie elsewhere than Roxy, given it's more of an issue with both how Collide was handled and how Act 6 as a whole was written.

Roxy's focus in that fight made sense in my mind and held emotional weight given the looming threat the Condesce had over Roxy and the more direct ways she fucked with her. Roxy was using the retcon opportunity to its fullest to influence the fight against the Condesce this time given what her passive approach to things lead to in the previous time line. Perhaps John should have done more, given he was there as well, but you're right in that he was always way more attached to Bec Noir and, along with the other Beta kids, should have fought with him either in Collide or earlier.
>>
>>84543207
i was impressed that andrew stuck to 'even in death' being the theme of void, though. he played it at the very end to reflect that there was no ending!
>>
Someone analyze a page of time
>>
>>84543246
My resentment towards Roxy is more of a general thing and all of this was just a general pointer towards the author favoritism of her.

Again, none of the other fights really focused on a singular person kicking ass even when it'd make sense in context.
>>
>>84543303
you spend the entire story thinking clocks are great and ultimately you achieve nothing despite plenty of foreshadowing re: your potential
>>
hussie should have roxy and crisis fight in the epilogue
>>
File: 1467149253812.png (82 KB, 350x833) Image search: [Google]
1467149253812.png
82 KB, 350x833
>>84542640
>ugly
>>
>>84543365
And You and Sage Mage.
>>
Act 6 is just asspulls and deliberate anti-climax, coupled with copious author inserts and long meandering pages of nothing

With that in mind I really don't care that the hot blonde chick that says funny things gets spotlight

Lord knows how miserable it would have been without her
>>
>>84543343
>mfw all this foreshadowing about pages literally being GAME-BREAKING and FEARSOME and having ALL THESE UNLIMITED POWERS LOCKED INSIDE OF THEIR BRAINS
>jake beats up some leprechauns and stuns caliborn with a big attack
>tavros rallies an army that accomplishes nothing (except maybe bait LE for vriska to kill)
>gcatavros (laugh track)
>>
>>84543520
Was Karkat a Page? He regressed so hard, he cried while fighting against Clover.
>>
>>84543520
vriska was right again
>>
>>84543034
;-)
>>
>>84543542
Pages grow off screen. Knights regress.
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 588x598) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 588x598
>>84543641
>>
>>84543542
Terezi is the biggest Page of them all.
>>
>>84543519
Still a bad character.
Dirk > Roxy.
>>
>>84543743
Was Dirk the most developed character in homestuck?
>>
>>84543777
yeah cos its andrew talking about his own self
>>
>>84543777
Now that I think about it, yeah, probably.
>>
File: qwertyuiopasdf.png (14 KB, 972x126) Image search: [Google]
qwertyuiopasdf.png
14 KB, 972x126
>>84535854
>>84536393
>>
>>84543801
But how could Dirk be a developed person if he's based off of Andrew?
>>
File: 1433669146451s.jpg (4 KB, 125x92) Image search: [Google]
1433669146451s.jpg
4 KB, 125x92
>>84541357
>yfw you remember Roxy was the Rogue of Void
>yfw her whole thing is not being perceived
>yfw her killing Condie with a backstab from the unbreakable-and-presumably-godtier-blade actually sort of makes sense now
>>
>>84543840
i'm a bit upset that they act like bowman is their patron music team member when he is clearly ours
they can have gamefreakdude
>>
>>84543855
dunno if id use the word 'developed'. hes the most complex
>>
>>84543899
funny you would say that
>>
>>84543899
they are literally us. they are literally IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>84543958
the credit score ad is coming FROM INSIDE THE THREAD
>>
>>84543988
Won't you reach in there and grab it?
>>
why did jane become so goddamn irrelevant when she was so important in the beginning of act 6?

why did the ghost army literally do nothing to stop LE?

what has nepeta done to advance the plot?

what the actual fuck happened to gcatavrosprite
>>
>>84544019
its just a joke comic
>>
>>84544074
SEVEN
YEARS
LONG
TROLLING
CAMPAIGN
>>
>>84544019
Gcatatavrossprite was made to neuter Gcat's powers. That's all he needed to do. That's all he did do. That doesn't maaaaaaaaaatter.
>>
File: 1377198093348.gif (603 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1377198093348.gif
603 KB, 650x650
>>
>>84543988
i'm thinking of a number
it just so happens to be how many days you'll die in
can you guess what number it is?
>>
>>84544019
Hussie wasn't as good a writer as he thought he was, that's the only explanation which makes sense.
>>
>>84544101
andrew hussie. what a guy
>>
You ever get the feeling that whenever Hussie fucks up a character (whether in terms of plot relevance or just wasting potential), he just makes them again with a few tweaks?
>>
>>84544074

really the thing that really grinds my gears is gcatavrosprite

like there was literally no reason to not bring him along to the new universe
no fucking reason
sure he'll sneeze a lot or whatever but damn the fact that he wasn't there just seems cold-blooded

hell he could have fought with Jake, that would have been cool

the fact that Tavros just becomes a sprite, gets mixed with a magic green cat and then just vanishes for no actual reason like what the fuck hussie
>>
File: gcatavrosprite chronos.png (52 KB, 1576x150) Image search: [Google]
gcatavrosprite chronos.png
52 KB, 1576x150
>>84544019
>what the actual fuck happened to gcatavrosprite
He's going to become LE 2.0.
>>
>>84544226
99.9% chance sprites just disappear when the games over man. having a lil sleep then disappearing aint such a bad fate given the alternatives
>>
>>84542828
the canwc album is actually better than the comic desu

wish o would get someone that could actually emulate hussie's style
>>
>>84544226
>>84544263
All sprites die when the players complete the frog.
>>
File: 128167081897.jpg (77 KB, 520x735) Image search: [Google]
128167081897.jpg
77 KB, 520x735
>>84544263
A shame Pages never got much good cover or grounding in its concepts. I like the idea of a broken Onion Knight class that could toe-to-toe with a Lord or any other broken combination if given the time and progression.

Hussie really needed to keep the game theme going if he wanted all the aspect nonsense to make any sense when it got that rambly and vague.
>>
>>84544226
Tavros as a ghost finished his arc, WTF are you complaining about?
>>
>>84544302
That's just your theory.
The kids still need to zap back in time and fight Caliborn as depicted in his, right?
ARquiusprite is there. So sprites do survive after the game.

(They troll's died because sprites are supposed to die during the reckoning or something, but there was no reckoning in the Alpha session.)

Of course, that's assuming the kids didn't kicked the shit out of Caliborn before winning the game. But how would that work? We didn't see them leave, and we didn't see them get out of the Juju/dead Earth to pass through to victory door. So that's unlikely.
>>
>>84544418
*as depicted in his masterpiece
*assuming the kids didn't kick the shit out of
>>
>>84544418
It couldve been GO!ARquius, whom didnt die because it wasnt technically his session that won the game.
>>
>>84544494
That assumes he escaped to the new session, but we never saw two ARquiuses despite being shown two Nannas and such.
>>
>>84544475
See this could have been a brilliant end

John uses his retcon powers to go back AFTER THE END and just fuck everything up by murdering Caliborn right after he gains his ultra session powers, killing Lord English in the cradle and then suddenly fast-forwarding to a totally different ending

It'd at least keep with the game theme of things, but instead the retcon just... became another loop to serve English's formation. The retcon was completely useless.
>>
>>84544531
Anything to Andrew "make your own ending" Hussie could be valid.
>>
>>84544117
you didn't tell me what numbers it's between, I can't just reach in and grab it
>>
honestly if alt calliope ends up wrong about the green sun getting destroyed, and gcatavros survives without being cured, i'll be a TAD worried for the kids.

the guy is probably going to go batshit at some point, and vriska being able to keep him in check won't matter much if he can teleport her to a just death inside of a volcano when she doesn't expect it.
>>
>>84544840
GCATAVROS ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE IT WOULD MEAN GCAT CAN'T USE ITS POWERS. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS?
>>
To be honest, Roxy is probably a bed wetter, which is INCREDIBLY hot in my opinion.
>>
>>84544883
he exists so vriska can put gcat to sleep, because condy presumably can't wake the resulting abomination up.
he can absolutely use his powers in the session, did you miss the part about the green sun powered sneezing?
and he'll still be able to use his powers after the game, if the green sun still exists from the new universe's perspective. which is likely, given that the sun's existence is proved to be nonlinear.
>>
>>84544943
What, why is she a bed wetter? What?
>>
File: 1461833290600.png (593 KB, 698x1004) Image search: [Google]
1461833290600.png
593 KB, 698x1004
>>84544943
Dammit. That's turning me on. I don't need that right now.
>>
>>84545015
Side effect of alcoholism.
>>
>>84545015
Remember when Rose started intentionally wetting the bed to mock her mother?
>>
>>84545010
I'm pretty sure it's stated that the powers are neutered somewhat.
>>
>>84545063
She's not an alcoholic anymore though?
>>84545078
That's actually kind of hot.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I checked my pool filter and found this little dude. He's probably been floating in there for days and hasn't been moving much.

His name is now Eri

What should I do?
>>
>>84545138
Huh. Do you think you can post the line in question?
>>
>>84545170
Find a nice pond to release him in.
>>
>>84545170
Cross-breed him with several other frogs/toads until you create a new universe for which you may reign as god
>>
File: 1379283131192.gif (10 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1379283131192.gif
10 KB, 650x450
>>84545167
Who cares just pretend, maybe even if she isn't anymore it's just involuntary learned behavior

Roxy awake in bed and panting because she can feel herself letting go then and there is top fuckin' tier

But so is the Rose thing. Like she just did it out of spite for years and it became a natural comfortable habit.
>>
File: 88888888.png (14 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
88888888.png
14 KB, 650x450
Reminder, that Vriska was literally the most important character (and by extension best troll), by making certain moments happen as they were supposed to like framing Bec into prototyping himself, to create Bec Noir, so that all their timeline won't become doomed ones
>>
>>84545192
Nevermind, seems like you're right. Vriska could just keep him asleep forever, right? Or they can just leave him behind. Oh, well.
>>
>>84542828
Fuck off Makin
>>
>>84545249
Right, and Jade wears a diaper and Jane shits herself, right?
>>
File: 1330226277812.png (3 KB, 176x205) Image search: [Google]
1330226277812.png
3 KB, 176x205
>>84545324
No. No no fuck no. I am not into scat or goddamn depends, you fuck right off with that.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>84545240
The closest is a sewer runoff which I don't think he deserved
>>84545249
Look at you, you've made our Prince turn his back on us.
>>
>>84545324
No, Jane shits in the bowl. The mixing bowl. That's why her brownies are so earthy.
>>
Post your head canon voices

>Dave
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tJl3ZAg6mj0
>>
>>84545372
I wouldn't mind if Roxy had to wear cute little diapers to bed 2bh.
>>
>>84545372
>. I am not into scat or goddamn depends
Haha, I have no idea what the second part means.
>>84545430
STOP.
>>
>>84545409
Is it poisonous
>>
>>84545455
Depends? Adult diapers? For old people?
>>
Which Homestuck character is most likely to watch a marathon of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, hosted by American sweetheart Guy Fieri?
>>
>>84545494
Nah. For normal girls.
>>
>>84545501
The Condesce.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
HE HAS ESCAPED CONTAINMENT PLATE

NO WALLS CAN HOLD THE PRINCE
>>
>>84545281
The humans Vriska puts to sleep wake up eventually, I don't think there's any reason for Tavros to become the new Sleeping Beauty.

Unless Vriska always, always keeps a close eye on him to make sure he goes back to sleep every time. Which sounds really tiring.

Also, carelessly leaving behind someone with first guardian powers in close proximity to the Genesis Frog ranks pretty high on the list of worst ideas ever.
>>
>>84544263
no lie gcatavros does look like a fucked up end boss
>>
>>84545560
What an ugly-ass nail.
>>
>>84545573
Make Vriska put him to sleep and then murder him.
>>
>>84545445
I watched the Let's read thing on YT and mostly really liked their voices
>>
>>84545583
He's got that "final fantasy-esque rpg villain origin story" vibe, yeah. And pretty much everything an antagonist needs. (I wonder if there are any fics of him actually turning evil? That'd be interesting.)
>>
File: diagram.png (44 KB, 1066x946) Image search: [Google]
diagram.png
44 KB, 1066x946
Reminder gcatavros will NEVER go apeshit succesfully thanks to Vriska
>>
>>84545560
treat him good
>>
File: 76513246514321.gif (11 KB, 353x378) Image search: [Google]
76513246514321.gif
11 KB, 353x378
Wait! Hold on a dog-damn second...

Terezi said, that the exiles were on earth not just to complete timeloops and shit but also, as we've seen in act 7, to re-civilize the planet until it reaches a point, where it's "ripe for the seeding all over again"

Could that mean, that humans and trolls are descendants of imps?...like Trolls evolved from cross-breeding black and white imps and humans evoled from white imps. Does this explain their skin color?
>>
>>84545912
if he strikes first he can probably one hit kill her
but nothing is a real danger in the new universe anyway, since john can retcon it all away.
(although, would he be vulnerable to surprise attacks, too, if it results in a heroic death?)
>>
>>84546082
I always thought that all of the species in Homestuck were developed by cross-breeding and ectoplasma but that's just me.
>>
>>84546174
I'd like to think that if you're just minding your own business and not doing anything nefarious, a sneak-attack murder would revive you since it's sort of a muddled issue
>>
File: 1468714753803.png (47 KB, 1098x946) Image search: [Google]
1468714753803.png
47 KB, 1098x946
>>84545912
Fixed.
Removed useless Calliope.
Added the other page, Jake.
>>
fuck you doc scratch i want to try some update candy
>>
You are now the Condesce's sex slave. How do you fare?
>>
>>84546219
if you deserve it its always just. and vriska always deserves it
>>
>>84545809
I remember there was one where he and Vriska accidentally switched blood somehow and switched personalities, and he basically blackroms the SHIT out of her
>>
>>84545409
if you have a tank or large container around, make a makeshift environment with rock,water, and a hut for shelter. go to a local petstore and buysome crickets to feed it. take care of it for about a week, change out the water frequently so it can cycle out all the chlorine from its system. then, release it in the evening or night near grass or water.
>>
>>84546219
based on her entire history with tavros, i'm pretty sure the clock's hand would hit JUST so hard the clock would topple sideways.

>>84546238
jake can keep jade in check, his hope field is stronger than her first guardian powers.
>>
>>84546297
Not very well. I'm a premature ejaculator. Like, last time I 'bated, I literally came after 45 seconds, before my dick was even hard. ;_;
>>
>>84545912
>people actually think anyone except the 13 on the lilypad and the carapaces make it into the new world
>>
>>84546328
>and he basically blackroms the SHIT out of her
Assuming we're talking about the same fic, I'm pretty sure that's rape, friend.
>>
>>84546397
k let me just retcon that pic real fast

there.
look at that same image again and behold my magic
>>
>>84546418
no thanks
>>
>>84546449
You're a wizard. I didn't open the thumbnail, so I didn't notice the little beige arrow over the white background.
>>
>>84546238
jake either gets the shit kicked outta him by anyone here or destroys them all depending on how many years hes spent adventuring in the wilderness
>>
>>84546464
M-maybe I'm good at oral...
>>
File: 6413.png (13 KB, 386x674) Image search: [Google]
6413.png
13 KB, 386x674
>>84546448
Vriska probably has nightmares of being a shitty brownblood loser
>>
>>84546527
when i said no thanks i meant "lets not take hst in this direction"
>>
>>84546448
My memory is bad
>>
File: 1468563605684.gif (194 KB, 599x596) Image search: [Google]
1468563605684.gif
194 KB, 599x596
Dressupanon, any status reports for Best Fantroll?
>>
>>84546679
not sure if intentional, but her horns combined with the opening of the hood look like a :D face, which is fucking aces
>>
>>84546328
link?
>>
File: PassdaBluant_Shmoking.gif (15 KB, 370x480) Image search: [Google]
PassdaBluant_Shmoking.gif
15 KB, 370x480
>>84546679
still hitten dat chronic u kno what im sayin ;)
>>
>>84543207
it irritated me that the Condesce fight had English's theme and the Union Jack fight had Karkat's theme
>>
File: counters_others.png (150 KB, 2528x1840) Image search: [Google]
counters_others.png
150 KB, 2528x1840
I've done it. I've unlocked the secrets.
>>
File: 1394673094645.png (283 KB, 987x950) Image search: [Google]
1394673094645.png
283 KB, 987x950
>>
File: 17134737377.gif (7 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
17134737377.gif
7 KB, 650x450
>>84546238
NERF
THIS
FAT
8ITCH!!!!!!!!
>>
Why do Homestuck fans have the worst fetishes?
>>
>>84545170
Frogs don't move much. If it's breathing, it's alive.
>>
File: 03489.gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
03489.gif
11 KB, 650x450
>>84549098
facesitting
impreg
xeno
pic related

rate
>>
File: absolute_madman.png (883 KB, 684x914) Image search: [Google]
absolute_madman.png
883 KB, 684x914
>>84549155
I let our Prince go a few hours ago, he was hopping around and getting out of the light and looked fine.
>>
File: Duck_Game_Artwork_6.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Duck_Game_Artwork_6.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
Could any Homestuck character beat Ducky Sawlog in a one-on-one fight?
>>
>>84549638
john would just retcon until he won
>>
>>84549098
*best
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 170

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.