[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black femanons, does this make you happy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 1467843896804.jpg (353 KB, 1242x1674) Image search: [Google]
1467843896804.jpg
353 KB, 1242x1674
Black femanons, does this make you happy?
>>
>>84323330
Is that a picture of a human being? That looks like my lesbian sister's Second Life character.
>>
>>84323346
is there a chance that your lesbian sister is actually bendis
>>
File: SU Granst Happy.png (232 KB, 400x457) Image search: [Google]
SU Granst Happy.png
232 KB, 400x457
>>84323330

Yes. Very.
>>
>>84323330
It makes me, a whiteboy with a love of black women, very happy indeed.
>>
>>84323330
Any time the white man falls so a sister can rise is a good time
>>
>>84323420
But she doesn't actually exist though. That would be pointless.
>>
>>84323330
>Black femanons
>Implying they aren't all balding middle-aged Jewish anons
>>
>>84323330
>teenager

I didn't like it when Ultimate Tony was a teen for a brief stint, and I don't like it now.

Not every new character needs to be a teen when you're not going to have the characters age, dammit.
>>
>>84323330
Well...yea sorta. This has potential to be good, but then again Bendis is working on it. It has my attention for sure.
>>
>>84323426
Taking the black woman's bait.

As a black man, you done fucked up boy, she about to argue with you about the bills.
>>
It makes me happy for black femanons. She a cute.
>>
How will all that hair fit in a standard Iron Man helmet without smushing all up in her face and impairing her vision?
>>
>>84323330
They certainly can't call her Iron Woman. That isn't a superhero name, that's a command.
>>
>>84323453
So you acknowledging that you have a 6 year old son over here starving, yet you want to sit on the internet all day and post memes. You ain't shit boa.
>>
File: image.png (127 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127 KB, 320x240
>>84323444
>This has the potential to be good
Why must you turn this board into a house of lies.
>>
>>84323464
Don't start with me Keisha, I just got off of work.

I just want to talk about comics and cartoons with the guys.

DAMN! Why you tripping baby?
>>
>>84323330
So when are we going to get to the point where all the heroes are a happy little bunch of diverse creatures and all of the villains are white men?
>>
>>84323478
You don't even look at me no mo all you do is talk about yo goddamn ice princess bitch. I hope that white girl know you got a felony on your record. She can keep your stupid ass I don't need you.
>>
>>84323330
Can her hair fit in that helmet?
>>
>>84323457
BANTU KNOTS!
>>
>>84323444
>has the potential to be good
Where? How? When? With What?
It's being written by the most checked out writer in comics and even then what's the real potential in Tony Stark is replaced with Riri Jenkins?
>>
>>84323486
Elsa is a good girl Keisha, but I love you.

Aye look, i'm sorry. I'll take you and the boy out, next Saturday alright, ma?
>>
File: Cyclups.jpeg.png (352 KB, 545x474) Image search: [Google]
Cyclups.jpeg.png
352 KB, 545x474
>giving the female Iron Man huge afro hair just because she's black and so she can have an afro, even though it'd cause problems when she dons the suit

Kind of bullshit, mate.
>>
We wuz Iron Mangs?
>>
>>84323501
I love the way you treat me daddy!
>>
Makes me upset instead of bringing old characters that had no spot light into the fray they remove established characters and replace them. The same can be said about villains too, if there are left in marvel.

Over all a drop out who thinks she is better then her peers is not a roll model.
>>
>>84323473
>>84323500
"POTENTIAL" Bendis has written good female protagonists before. I don't see why he can't again.
>>
>>84323528
Because he can't write. The man fails to follow his own continuity.
>>
>>84323330
I would really like there to be black superheroes, not people who are black as a gimmick.
Iron Man will be a black woman once, and then never again, just like every other diversity gimmick.
People at DC and Marvel don't want diversity, they want gimmicks.
>>
>>84323506
> The whitest of pastry white old men born and bred in the whitest of communities going to white prep schools in charge of writing young ethnic girls

Don't worry anon, dis' gonna be gud. Not in the "wow this is actually pretty well done" way, but more in the "I can't believe they're still driving this train when it's fallen off the tracks into the river and washed out to sea" way.
>>
>>84323542
Except when it's his own established continuity. Alias was written with a small portion of the MU he had to work with. Hoping he does that with this.
>>
>>84323528
BEcause he hasn't written a good character PERIOD in years.
>>
>>84323373
>Bendis is actually anon's lesbian sister.

Sweet christmas! it all makes sense!
>>
>>84323552
No not even then.
He's forgotten names and plot points in his own continuity as well.
>>
>>84323330
One thread wasn't enough? Don't read the book if it makes you (self-entitledly) angry.
>>
>>84323481
You mean one shot villains, I haven't seen a dude to put fear into others, thanos is used so much he has become lack luster. There are more heroes now than there ever was and they have lack of evil they fight among themselves.
>>
>>84323553
The point I was trying to make is, he has done it before. That's why I said potential.
>>
>>84323457
The armor is not standard and she can easily wear a cap or braid it. Her hair isn't metal she can pull it back.
>>
>>84323330
More political fagness from marvel.
>>
>>84323528
He's too emotionally invested in making a good role model for his daughters to give mary sueisha there any flaws or any actual personality.

I predict every single problem with miles will show up again, except worse.

>>84323553
And he's definitely going to be too trigger shy to show, say Alias's jessica jones being self destructive.

Best case scenario is that he makes something completely forgettable like say his spider woman run.
>>
>>84323330
>marvel stirring controversy again because their stories are actually shit/flagging sales
Tell me why people read capeshit comics again?
>>
>>84323547
Where did this "You can only write characters that are your own race." mindset come from?
It's so fucking asinine.
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15 KB, 300x600
>>84323330
You gonna ask the unicorns next? Or the leprechauns? Or the female orgasm?
>>
>>84323528
He wrote muh street level good once upon a time.
Then he stopped.
>I a-always planned to finish book after 12 issues
>>
>>84323506
It's kinda like she wasn't born into the role like a glove
>>
>>84323617
Why stop there, only black letterers are allowed on comics with black characters.
>>
>>84323617
where did this "You can write characters you do not understand at all" mindset come from? It's so fucking bendis
>>
File: Frank, Denis and Jack Bauer.jpg (58 KB, 854x579) Image search: [Google]
Frank, Denis and Jack Bauer.jpg
58 KB, 854x579
>>84323453
>>84323464
>>84323478
>>84323486
>>84323501
>>84323515
>>
Bendis must just want people to quiet reading Iron Man.

Are Marvel doing this on purpose to take Iron Man out of their "flag ship" character status he has right now? Cause after this accounment it's fucking working
>>
>>84323330
Is marvel the most JUST tier company ever?
>>
>Tiro
If that isn't the most stereotypical name for a black girl I don't know what is.
Also if their response to DC rebirth is more outrage for sales then they might be out of touch with the times
>>
>>84323330
>Black femanons,
Doesn't exist.
>>
more niggerfication from (((Bendis))). How can you even download for free anything from marvel with any dignity anymore?
>>
>>84323809
Riri*
>>
File: 1467842897370.jpg (95 KB, 901x742) Image search: [Google]
1467842897370.jpg
95 KB, 901x742
>>84323330
>placing effects over DAZ3D models
>calling it art
>have the main character commit acts of theft, murder, and unlawful conduct (which is all stereotypical of her race)
>calling it progressive
>diminishing one person's plight, a final resort to save their life in a cave after looking at their death in the face
>calling them equal

Typical #Marvel
>>
>>84323443
>I didn't like it when Ultimate Tony was a teen for a brief stint

..You meen his teenage years. That was when he was a teen.

616 Tony was also a teen for a bit. ...We call it... "the Crossing"..

>>84323459

We already had that joke.

>>84323481

Like in reality, you mean?

I kid.

But seriously. For ages, practically ALL the heroes (and villains) were white, and the vast majority was male.

Is this really so awful?
>>
>>84323330
What kind of a person names a kid Riri?
>>
>>84323866
Yes.
>>
>>84323870
Black people, duh.
>>
>>84323544

They're just companies, looking to find what sells. The same might not go for the writers themselves, though.

I dunno. Is Bendis really the right person to do this?

>>84323566
>One thread

...More like a dozen since this broke.

In their defense, it does seem a little forced. Riri has no previous history at all. She's just shoehorned in. And she literally is just starting as a heroine - and then she gets to replace one of Marvel's oldest, most established superheroes? Dramatically, that is not sound.
>>
>>84323506
Yeah I bet you bitch about women in smutty or revealing impractical super hero costumes too.
>>
>>84323818
Because I enjoy Ewing's marvel books and haven't picked up a Bendis book since he shit the bed with Moon Knight.
>>
>>84323870

A mother whose name is Mimi and who has a sister named Kiki and already named her eldest daughter Fifi?

It's probably some kind of diminutive for Rita or something.
>>
>>84323870
... my godparents

no no i'm joking. but I like the name Ririr it sounds a little like kiki but still sound african. so yeah.

wish her name was Antonia Starkson just to make people a more mad.
>>
Mind you. I would like it if her first mission was horrible and she had to grow up really fast and face the realities of this life - so she locks herself in the bathroom to cry, and when she emerges she's shorn off her hair.
Symbolic rebirth, sacrifice, also it fits the helmet better.

If she's going to be Iron Man, she'd better be ready to get hard.

Huh. I don't know. Maybe this could work after all? Tony Stark has been Iron Man with only a few interruptions since 1963. Maybe it's time. Generations move on.

Where is Arno Stark? We haven't seen hide or hair of him since the previous Hulk run. If we even saw him there.
>>
>>84323925
man i'm tired let me try that again

*wish her name was Antonia Starkson as a cherry on top of the iceberg that was this reveal
>>
Is it not ok to be a white male anymore?
>>
>>84323951
>a cherry on top of the iceberg

You really are tired, aren't you? Go to bed.
>>
>>84323969
It's 2015+1

Of course not
>>
>>84323866
>Like in reality, you mean?
Loving every laugh :^)

>But seriously. For ages, practically ALL the heroes (and villains) were white, and the vast majority was male.
They weren't real, so it shouldn't bother anyone who doesn't have severe emotional issues or a distinct thirst for attention and recognition. But I'm glad hollow gestures from comic book artists can at least trick one person into being sated.
>>
File: ss (2016-07-07 at 08.10.45).jpg (24 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-07 at 08.10.45).jpg
24 KB, 279x279
>iron man is a nigger
>>
>>84323969
>Wanting to be a white mail
>Not wanting to be a glorious postcard
>>
>>84323444
>This has potential to be good
>>
>>84323969

The question is, is it now okay to be something else than a white male?
>>
File: Lila_Rhodes_(Earth-616)_001.jpg (25 KB, 270x450) Image search: [Google]
Lila_Rhodes_(Earth-616)_001.jpg
25 KB, 270x450
forced as fuck
the hoop earrings are the icing on the cake. that's what EVERY strong black female character just needs
but hey not like a prodigal black female prodigy already existed for the purpose or anything
oh wait
fucking bendis
>>
>>84324006
No
>>
>>84323969
>Is it okay to be a fucking white male on /co/tumblr?

Where do you think we are?
>>
>>84324011
see, that's War Machine's prodigy so she doesn't matter
>>
>>84324011
The first time Bendis OC showed up I thought that it was Rhodey's niece.
>>
>>84323980
>They weren't real, so it shouldn't bother anyone who doesn't have severe emotional issues or a distinct thirst for attention and recognition.

How can you be so blind? Are you literally endorsing a fantasy world where all the important people, all the superheroes, are white males?

If I looked under your pillow, would I find the Turner Diaries?

>>84323985

He already was, once. And War Machine was in many ways a more interesting hero than Iron Man (although that does not reflect well on the writers of Iron Man).

>>84324000

Yes, it does. Did you complain when teenager Amadeus Cho was a super-math prodigy? Oh, wait, I guess that fits the stereotype, right?
>>
>>84324006
Was that ever not ok?
There are super heroes of all ethnicities, both male and female so why change existing white guys to something else?
Was there a recent case of a big asian/black/whatever female character becoming a white guy?
>>
>>84324011
That would involve Bendis actually giving a shit about comics written by other people.
>>
>>84324006
>Hurrr
>Guys we aren't stealing your superheroes, we're just making them culturally enriched
>We could all get our own superhero franchises or follow the ones that already exist
>Because we all know Marvel will never stop sucking Black Panther's 20-inch cock
>But instead, we'll just take established ones and twist them to our own ends.

So Progressive! I'm glad Bendis is the one writing them, because I would be slightly worried for a second if someone competent was writing it and actually made something good. Thankfully it will just blow over and be forgotten in a year after the garbage writing runs it into the ground.
>>
>>84324016

And why not?

>>84324011
>not like a prodigal black female prodigy already existed for the purpose or anything
>>84324021
>>84324029

I am told Bendis is literally only interested in his own characters.

...TFW the series gets a new writer and he kills her off in the first arc.
>>
>>84324035
>change
>becoming
>>
>>84324033
>Yes, it does
>>
>>84324035

They're not changing Tony Stark into a black girl, however. They are passing the role of Iron Man on (to someone who seems unqualified to me, but that aside). This is not like what they did to Thor.

I am not necessarily endorsing it, but some of the objections made are out-and-out racist, and I hate that.

>>84324046

Face it: Iron Man has been written pretty shitty for about a decade.

How the fuck can you 'steal' a superhero?

Are you actually implying you can only enjoy a story about a hero if he is a white male?

And boy, that Black Panther comment... you're actually a racist, aren't you? Not just in a jocular way, but seriously... you sad sack. I hope you never enjoy another comic.
>>
>>84324033
>How can you be so blind?
How can you be such an attention whore to think for a second that even fantasy characters have to bend to your will?
"WAAH MAKE IT THE WAY I WANT" is what children do. Children don't go try to find something that is already the way they want, they want other things to bend to their vision of what is right.

>Are you literally endorsing a fantasy world where all the important people, all the superheroes, are white males?
Fucking lol, let me know when you find that alternate reality where there never, ever has been an ethnicity portrayed in comic books that wasn't white. Like most 'new' comic book readers, I doubt you even took ten minutes to look up old superheroes before immediately jumping to the defense of this trainwreck.
>>
>>84324033
>Did you complain when teenager Amadeus Cho was a super-math prodigy?
No, because he wasn't a rip off of a white character. Like, literally.
>>
>Poor attempt at making new characters because non-whites can't write and the current "talent" in the business is shit.
>No one reads it.
>Just straight up steal names and slap them on minorities.
>Nobody reads those either.

RIP comics. You were missed yesteryear.
>>
>>84324080
>Are you actually implying you can only enjoy a story about a hero if he is a white male?

Where was he at all implying that?
>>
>>84324083

Well, it's your turn to cry now, I guess.

You seem a really disturbed individual to me, and headed for much unhappiness as regards comic books.

>>84324089

There's nothing new about legacy characters.
>>
File: hiro_reads_the_v_sticky.jpg (152 KB, 390x400) Image search: [Google]
hiro_reads_the_v_sticky.jpg
152 KB, 390x400
>>84324080
>Face it: Iron Man has been written pretty shitty for about a decade.
I would take Iron Man's writing anytime in the last ten years to even a few issues of Bendis writing.

>How the fuck can you 'steal' a superhero?
Easily, you make OC Donut Steels and have them all take the titles of the established characters because you don't want to bother giving your donut steels their own series.

This has been done in years prior and it's only worked in a way people remember maybe a handful of times.

Other times it just ends with the original character taking the mantle back up because the original character wasn't as interesting or well-written as the super-special snowflake.

>You're a racist!!!! :^(
Oh boy, here we go. The wildcard of retards who can't argue, everywhere.

>"Everyone I don't like is a racist"
>"No, stop using facts and logic, that's racist".
>"Don't point out that there are other comic book heroes I could be following if I really cared about diversity in comics"
>"That's racist"
>"Donate to my patreon"

Since jokes trigger your kind so much, I'll include this image so maybe the resulting triggering you receive will give you a heart attack.
>>
>>84324055
>>84324080
I didn't necessarily mean they have to transform into a new character, "passing on the torch" is fine too.

If it's a totally new character I don't give a shit what the color of their skin is or if they're male or female but changing an existing one even if it's about a successor rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>84324117
>There's nothing new about legacy characters.
Except the color of the skin and gender.
>>
>it's /co/mrades fall for tumblr-tier bait episode
>>
>>84323909
Sure, maybe, but they'd still have Didi, Nini, Zizi, Bibi, and Lili to choose from first, and those all still sound like people names.

Riri is rayray.
>>
>>84324117
>Well, it's your turn to cry now, I guess.
Nope, it's my turn to watch Bendis run this into the ground while I don't give a shit. In a year, Tony Stark will come back, completely unharmed. And this attempt will get swept under the rug like the last few times this was tried.

>You seem a really disturbed individual to me, and headed for much unhappiness as regards comic books.
This is actually just another way of saying "umad".
You're a fucking child. You don't really care about supporting this comic book series. In a month, you'll forget it exists in exchange for the new hip thing Marvel puts out.

It's just more impotent virtue signaling on /co/ from someone who is also white as a sheet about how progressive they are. Attention whore someplace else.
>>
>>84324156
Here's the thing: It's not bait at this point

These people seriously believe this.
>>
>>84324172
that doesn't make it anything other than bait
>>
>>84324172

This. The SJW didn't just take the bait, the swallowed the hook AND fishing pole.
>>
>>84323330
>Black femanons
No such thing.
>>
>>84324176
>Just ignore it and it'll go away.
How's that working out so far? Oh, wait, everything's going to shit because you're mute.
>>
>>84324048
not figuratively
>>
File: 1426686654418.gif (894 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1426686654418.gif
894 KB, 300x167
As a guy who likes black chicks this makes me happy. I just hope to FUCK they actually write as her a decent character and not just a walking stereotype.
>>
>>84324172

It was never bait for some people. Is just an opportunity to show how good and modern people you are.

>I'm gonna defend this to score points with the (fat) ladies
>>
>>84324233
>I just hope to FUCK they actually write as her a decent character and not just a walking stereotype.
She'll be a great character, just like Fem-Thor :^)
>>
>>84324233
I'm hoping too Anon, I really do enjoy black female characters, but Bendis is a fuck up. Maybe she'll survive this hate she's gonna get long enough for someone good to pick her up.
>>
>>84324233
>comics
>writing a character who isn't a walking stereotype
All you can hope for is that her stereotype will be "lawful good Boy Scout" or "gritty badass" instead of "black chick."
>>
>>84324233
She's already a thief, so there goes that.
>>
>>84323567
SJW Marvel = Kingdom Come
>>
I'm hoping Tony will mentor her and we get some interesting Batman Beyond tier character interaction.

Then again it's Bendis.
>>
yes.
i also like that it's making racists upset.
i hope it triggers them to death.
>>
>>84324233
It's Bendis, so it's going to be a walking stereotype. But at least we'll get some good cosplay out of it.
>>
>>84324325
In all honesty all you're doing is pissing off white men who thought favorably of minorities and creating racists.

Hardcore racists don't read comic books.
>>
>>84323782
If they just mimicked Valiant or Image's style with the huge properties they own, they'd be golden. I don't know why they consistently make such stupid decisions.
>>
>>84324264
I hope it won't be like miles morales

His story at the beginning was good like really really enjoyable but the latest issues he starts talking a lot about race and discrimination. Something I'm okej with if it didn't take so much time from his fucking story. We are 5# comics in and miles story have bearly moved at all.

I'm afraid of hard push with good stories only to later make the character boring and redundant.
>>
>>84324342
>In all honesty all you're doing is pissing off white men who thought favorably of minorities and creating racists.

If it takes comicbooks to make them racist, then they weren't of worth anyway. You're talking about fiction that you can just put down when you don't agree with something.

Also you're right about racist not reading comics. Just like they don't really play video games. Someone who mutually browses pol will post something. It triggers them, then they come to this board to make threads about said triggering. Having never really even cared about the medium, only to sway more judgement towards their ideology.
>>
>>84324120
SJWs BTFO
>>
Do these comics ever sell? I wasn't aware there was a demand for black super heroes, given that blacks don't buy or read comics.
>>
File: 1464062435430.jpg (93 KB, 550x488) Image search: [Google]
1464062435430.jpg
93 KB, 550x488
>Muh underrepresentation

Bitch try being South American, characters that aren't brazilian are way more rare than your "soul sistah" bullshit.

I wouldn't be surprised if American world maps only have that country marked on this continent.
>>
>>84324393
Or South East Asian!
>>
>>84324373
>they weren't of worth anyway
Like... black people going to MIT because of something in a comic, too? :^)
>>
>>84324393
>>84324402
Do you honestly want this representation?

People here are bashing her, and calling her a shit character, is this what you want?

So you want a character catered to your race who is equivalently bashed and hated on, as long as it caters to your race?

You don't want this South America.
>>
>>84323969
>Is it not ok to be a white male anymore?
Not anymore, anon, not anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I
>>
>>84324420
Except there are black characters that are well written. That weren't stolen from white men. Which is the problem.
>>
>>84324011
>>84323330
See we don't need a kid genius who actually looks like a 15 year old smart kid. No No we need a supermodel.

I get that yeah some teens look older but the average fucking teenager shouldn't look like this.

Its marvels basically looking for praise on this, when its written by a big bald white guy, already ignores prexisting characters of color and still stands on every character is a supermodel, especially woman.

One SJW fight is put aside to gush over this one. Marvel/Bendis talks about "new stories" but this will almost certainly be retreading over ground that Miles did, that falcon and girl thor are doing

At least Kamala looks like a teenager. Hell tech heroes are the ones where you can get away with them having average or heavier body types.

Marvel pretend this is new and out their but its couldn't be any safer
>>
>>84323969
White people are villains
>>
>>84324406
Yea honestly. If you're going to MIT because you like a fictional character of little relevance, then yea. You should go to MIT because you enjoy doing that shit. If not you're setting yourself up for failure.

If it takes a comicbook to make you racist, then you weren't strong minded to begin with. That's called being a reactionary.
>>
>>84324449
>implying you can go to MIT based on something you read in a comic
>>
>>84323330
>make black female character
>give her retarded ghetto name
>Give her giant Afro
>give her giant ghetto earrings
>SASSY!!! ATTITUDE!!!

Way to shatter those stereotypes Marvel
>>
>>84324433
Those characters are few in number. So much so that there's equally good black characters as there are Asian and Hispanic.
>>
>>84324199
I'm quite happily enjoying Ewing's books, Kelly's Spider-Man & Deadpool, Duggan's Deadpool, Gwenpool, King's Vision, Thunderbolts, and Ant-man,
>>
>sales are tanking
>double down on the reason your sales are tanking

wew lad
>>
>>84324438
>I get that yeah some teens look older but the average fucking teenager shouldn't look like this.

If they made her look like the average black 15 year old girl, the SJWs would loose their shit and call them racists
>>
How does her Afro fit In the helmet?
>>
>>84324456
Maybe some blacks, Asians, and Hispanics should write a few instead of waiting on white people to do it?
>>
>>84323473
hey ms marvel turned out good despite all the bullshit about her being the first muslim hero leading up to it
>>
>>84324393
so you want a white man to create a character that represents you. and when people make fun of the character and shits on your nationality and race it's thanks to a white guy that btw gets all the money to make a shitty clickbait reveal about your character.

loool fucking take it then I give you all my support.
>>
>>84324494
>If they made her look like the average black 15 year old girl, the SJWs would loose their shit and call them racists

They wouldn't tho. Moongirl was this case.
>>
>>84324501
Asians and Hispanics don't bitch about character representation, since they have their own media to watch and enjoy in their own countries. White people are pretty much solely responsible for how blacks are portrayed in media, and you guys are too scared to tell blacks to fuck off so you'll literally make every white character black to stop the chimp out.
>>
>>84323528
wasent there some event that fucked up his writing when it comes to females or something or am i thinking of something else
>>
>>84324515
They were losing their shit because they took a monkey character and made him a black person also calling a black character MOON
>>
>>84324501
No one is WAITING on white people to do it specifically. It's just that minorities rarely make the connections whites make to get into the comic business.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (709 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
709 KB, 300x126
>>84323330
Nope, this will go wrong again. They always fuck up in some way and the hair is already proof of it.
>>
>>84324525
>Say it all the time.
>You're too scared!

wew lad

Calm down.

I don't even read comic books, like 80% of /co/.
>>
>>84324442
>>84301814
>>84294934
>>
>>84324530
Sauce?
>>
>>84323330
I'd be more alright with it if it wasn't fucking Bendis doing the writing.
>>
>>84324531
>It's impossible to simply draw on some paper and ship it yourself!
We literally live in an age where you can share these illustrated stories FOR FREE.
>>
>>84323775
why would they want to kill the character whos movies make the most money
>>
>>84324393
>>84324402
Are you guys actually living in those regions currently or are you just Americans bitching about dumb shit like "WHY AREN'T THERE POLISH HEROES? DOESN'T ANYONE GIVE A FUCK ABOUT POLAND?"

The answer is no.
>>
>>84324501
sight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16sKK-1oLQ

https://thenib.com/lighten-up-4f7f96ca8a7e#.entmkay3k

maybe they already are shitface.
but /co/ would still complain.
>>
>>84324547
RDJ? He's dead? :^)
>implying it was Iron Man
>>
>>84323941
>Mind you. I would like it if her first mission was horrible and she had to grow up really fast and face the realities of this life - so she locks herself in the bathroom to cry, and when she emerges she's shorn off her hair.
i really hope they do this
>>
>>84324563
>no see they are already!
Then what's the problem?
>>
>>84324494
>super genius
>can afford to go to MIT or whatever

If they make her from da ghetto then this comic will be absolutely fucking retarded

Also funfact: She'd probably end up becoming a Republican
>>
>>84324546
>>It's impossible to simply draw on some paper and ship it yourself!

And there's millions of minority webcomics out there, but due to how many webcomics are out there, it's hard to get noticed. You're making it sound like it's a walk in a park. Running a webcomic is tough and the payoff sometimes isn't even worth it, because there's such a huge market.
>>
>>84324501
>>84324525
No there are people from those groups who bitch about representation, but it would be disingenuous to ignore black writers or directors out there, some of which are currently and have worked for DC and Marvel. White people push it anyway. Hell you got a black guy directing Black Panther and the Flash!
>>
>>84324494
But if she's a bloody super genius she shouldn't even have the basic style of the average black teenager. There are uncool, unfashionable dorks in the ghetto too. Either through having no money or no guidance.

This character is smart because she just is, at 15. Even child genius study. And "smart kids" usually aren't physical fit, not fat, just not fit.

I'm assuming now, but is this kid from the streets? Alotta nutritional sense when your barely beating off eviction.I doubt marvel want to reflect the struggles of a middleclass suburb black kid
>>
>>84324546
Yep, and there are minorities who do that. However they don't get mainstream exposure so we're back where we started.

Also, what the fuck do you mean ship it yourself? Do you realize how much that would cost. Shipping isn't FREE, but drawing and writing is.
>>
>>84324580
Bendis
>>
>>84324438
i auctualy think they drew kamala to young looking (i would not trust my ability to judge age in general though)
but yeah your right
>>
>>84324594
>>84324598
>>84324610

All the more reason they should stop trying to ride on someone else's coattails.

If they fail, they fail. But at least they won't be thieving anymore.
>>
>>84324534
In my country blacks aren't even a problem, so yes to me white Americans and Europeans seem scared by comparison since they constantly make black characters, at a loss, to appease niggers.
>>
>>84324580
they are few and far between.
and a lot of them don't want to be known as a writer that only works on black characters.
>>
>>84324594
>we failed
>dats white folks fault, gimmedat
Just like a nigga
>>
>>84324606
There aren't any super genius black 15 year olds, difficult to accurately portray that which does not exist.
>>
>>84324525
>>84324643

Then who chimped out when they made hulk asian or Ms. Marvel Pakistani etc?
>>
>>84324657

Then it's a personal problem.
>>
>>84324580
Bendis is higher up in the chain and can pick and choose what he want to work on compared to writers that get's hired to work on specific stuff.

for example, before this year there's only been one black female writer in the big two. it's rough to get work in and they don't do a good job with hiring a different kind of people.
>>
>>84324525
>Asians and Hispanics don't bitch about character representation

They do when it comes to white people in their roles. Like Iron Fist or the new Doctor Strange film.

>since they have their own media to watch and enjoy in their own countries.

And black pretty much had to create their own niche, but even still some enjoy the niches of other groups in America. Which is fair enough because other groups also enjoy the niche they created. It's an equal trade off. Or it should be.

>and you guys are too scared to tell blacks to fuck off so you'll literally make every white character black to stop the chimp out.

Because it's just not blacks wanting this. The person pushing this is a fat bald white man. Blacks are happy with Black Panther getting his own solo even though it isn't really good at least they're trying. We're not in charge and putting guns to Marvel's heads telling them what to do, they're doing this at their own liberal will. You think the average black comic fan gives a fuck? You get into comics despite some characters not being your color.
>>
>>84324525
You have zero idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>84324718
>They do when it comes to white people in their roles. Like Iron Fist or the new Doctor Strange film.
Oddly it was entirely white SJWs complaining about the race swapping.
>>
>>84324233
Her dialogue will be composed entirely of BLM tweets.
>>
>>84324393
you have any idea how hard it is to be a designated Indian? the most well known Indian hero/heroine in marvel has a surname which I have fucking never heard of
>>
>>84324718
>Blacks are happy with Black Panther getting his own solo even though it isn't really good at least they're trying.
It's weird, as a black guy, seeing white people claim what black comic book fans like or dislike.
>>
File: 1461277252697 - Copy.jpg (45 KB, 948x1173) Image search: [Google]
1461277252697 - Copy.jpg
45 KB, 948x1173
>>84324696
why even waste time having this discussion.
>>
>>84324659
lol what are you talking about? They didn't technically fail.

You're saying why don't blacks just create their own characters. I told you because they're not given the leeway to do so, however it's been done before. Also, you're making it seem like Bendis had a knife to his throat creating these characters.

He does it because he thinks the characters he's making are impactful. Because of HIS ideology, not because blacks give a fuck about what he's doing.

Stop being silly.
>>
>>84324718
>black pretty much had to create their own niche
What's that? Tyler Perry flicks?
>>
The only problem ONLY problem 9/10 you have with this is Bendis the benis

The other 1/10 is the equivalent of an SJW screaming OUTRAGE
>>
>>84324635
>All the more reason they should stop trying to ride on someone else's coattails.
>>84324635
>If they fail, they fail. But at least they won't be thieving anymore.

Are you from /co/? I think you're from /pol/, not that it triggers me, i'm just saying you seem rather ignorant. Because blacks nor any minority were begging for this. It was some old fat bald white dude who did this. As well as the other characters. I don't know why you think blacks are just running marvel. It's more of their writers political beliefs that runs marvel.
>>
>>84324769
That was my point all along. Blacks aren't underrepresented if they're not interested. Race swapping a white man for a minority woman is just to insult white men. There is nothing else to be gained and sales will continue to tank as they always did.
>>
>>84324772
>it's hard to get noticed.
>Running a webcomic is tough and the payoff sometimes isn't even worth it, because there's
So you failed to get your own comics up and running and as a result need powerful whites to create or steal more successful characters than that which you're capable of creating on your own?
>>
File: 1452653108020.jpg (9 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1452653108020.jpg
9 KB, 250x244
>One of the things that stuck with me when I was working in Chicago a couple of years ago on a TV show that didn’t end up airing was the amount of chaos and violence. And this story of this brilliant, young woman whose life was marred by tragedy that could have easily ended her life—just random street violence—and went off to college was very inspiring to me.

>He’s also aware that this young woman is flying by him in terms of how quickly she’s doing it. Her brain is maybe a little better than his. She looks at things from a different perspective that makes the armor unique. He can’t help but go maybe I should buy her out.

She's literally a Magical Negro who is smarter than smart and is saved from being gunned down in Chicongo by an AA placement in MIT where her "unique" READ DIVERSE mind out Iron Mans Tony Stark so hard he has to check his privilege.

No seriously. "I was inspired by some time I spent in Chicago that made me think of how amazing and unique it'd be for a black woman to not be killed in gang violence and actually go to college." That is some super hilarious unaware racism right there.

And of course the STRONG WOMAN DON'T NEED NO MAN afro and hoop earrings. Can't there be a character who happens to be black, like Tony Stark takes on a promising intern who ends up pushed to don the suit and fight crime?
>>
>>84324679
Then paint over the standard white model. Because that all this characters going to be.

>>84324615
They had or Bendis had, the same problem with miles. Made him young to the points it didn't blend with the story he was telling.

Think they aged him up due to it. The point stands these aren't teenagers this is just lazy mini adults
>>
>>84324776
Yea and certain Music and so on and so on
>>
>>84324805
>/pol/ boogeyman!
Oh jeeze. Grow the fuck up. No one is lurking under your bed or in your closet, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>84324718
>They do when it comes to white people in their roles. Like Iron Fist or the new Doctor Strange film.
I'm Asian and do not give a single fuck about either of those, but it is funny to see black people on Twitter in tears over Asians being race bent. It's like they consider themselves to be the guardians of all things race.
>>
>>84324807
>So you failed to get your own comics up and running and as a result need powerful whites to create or steal more successful characters than that which you're capable of creating on your own?

See now you're trolling. None of Benis' characters are successful fan wise and hell they don't sell long lasting. No black is puppeteering bendis, he's doing this on his own because he thinks it's right. Hell if blacks gave a hoot, Miles and this character would be selling outrageously.
>>
>>84324818
Yeah but we "enjoy" Tyler Perry movies without demanding Perry make Madea a thin white woman, niggers NEED at least one token black character per franchise in order to continue reading.
>>
>>84324762
I'm not white.
>>
>>84324807
Nah man. Bendis does it of his own will. We don't care really. I mean come on...comics? REALLY!
>>
File: 1467689834684.jpg (49 KB, 292x409) Image search: [Google]
1467689834684.jpg
49 KB, 292x409
>>84324859
>>
>>84324855
Black people don't buy things anon, hell most don't even know there's a black Spider-Man.
>>
Hoop earrings are the fucking cancer of our society.
>>
>>84324863
True, just the expert on all things related to the monolith of black people.
>>
>>84324824
>Oh jeeze. Grow the fuck up. No one is lurking under your bed or in your closet, you gigantic faggot.

I didn't even say I was triggered now did I. I didn't even complain about /pol/. All I said was, you sound like you might browse there more than /co/, because you don't sound like you understand the situation. If you did, you'd know about The Bendis? Yes the Bendis.
>>
>>84324833
>I'm Asian and do not give a single fuck about either of those, but it is funny to see black people on Twitter in tears over Asians being race bent

It wasn't just black people, that was mostly whites and asians. Even that Asian star trek guy was all in arms about it. I didn't really see any blacks talking about it because as a black man if you ask me, I don't think they cared, because niggas are self centered.
>>
File: 1456512926480.png (482 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1456512926480.png
482 KB, 1536x2048
>>84324833
>but it is funny to see black people on Twitter in tears over Asians being race bent.
I thought the narrative went"they don't care". Besides we both know which group that are the "guardians of all things race"
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 257x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 257x383
As in most cases, DC did it first and better.
>>
>implying this wasn't a stealthy way of trying to get more people to care about your comic division

They even mentioned this on my local news station. A local news station that gives zero fucks about comics
>>
>>84324898
>Leave my hugbox alone with your differing opinions.
Does the lack of a downvote button confuse you? And questions should end with a question mark.
>>
>>84324875
Nerdy black dudes do. They considered a large part of comic sales and you're right. Only goes to show they really don't give a fuck about these comics. But Anons are insisting they're the ones pushing this the most. It's the WHITE sjws doing this.
>>
>>84324898
Bendis?
>>
File: Alpha_Big_Time_Vol._1_-3.png (2 MB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Big_Time_Vol._1_-3.png
2 MB, 900x1366
>>84324806
>. Race swapping a white man for a minority woman is just to insult white men.

what.. but it's not. it's offensive for you because you are retarded are you actually saying the white male race is personally offended that the company that owns this fictional character decided to give him a new ark

it's clearly that you don't read comic because thinks change all the time. where were you when rhodey a black man was iron man for example

and to end it because holy shit your fucking nagging is on the same level as SJWs

they have tried to introduce new characters before and show to fail. marvel found a formula of introducing new characters through legacy characters it's clear that it also and give tom a boost in sales so instead of acting like a fucking reverse tumblrist maybe just fuck off and enjoy other comics because there is that option anon. Vote with your wallet
>>
File: weaboos anime.jpg (155 KB, 614x684) Image search: [Google]
weaboos anime.jpg
155 KB, 614x684
>>84324833
>but it is funny to see black people on Twitter in tears over Asians being race bent.
Why blacks only? it's weebs who were most outraged.
>>
>>84324809
>And of course the STRONG WOMAN DON'T NEED NO MAN afro and hoop earrings. Can't there be a character who happens to be black, like Tony Stark takes on a promising intern who ends up pushed to don the suit and fight crime?

Rhodey. But they let him establish himself for a few years before he became Iron man, and war machine.
>>
>>84324947
>It's not because I say it's not! You're just like SJWs!
Oh, here we go...

>Vote with your wallet.
Gee, wish I thought of tha--
>Sales still tanking.

You can keep right up with the, "If I keep my head in the sand it'll fix itself," attitude, if you want.
>>
>>84324833
>It's like they consider themselves to be the guardians of all things race.

Nigga you triggered the fuck outta me, but i'm cool now. Lol whites are the guardians of all race. Blacks don't care about racism until it's whites bashing other races. Then they care.
>>
>>84324946
Yes...bendis the writer.
>>
>Another nigger
Does Marvel hate money?
>>
File: 1463019460697.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463019460697.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
So we're going to have one of these threads every second, of every minute, of every day just to say the same exact shit over and over?

What makes it worse is that Marvel is pushing this so hard that normie are going to come here about this. /tv/ is going to come here /pol/ is already here. I

Fucking Dayroom
>>
>>84324859
Isn't there token whites in those movies already? Pretty sure there are in shows like Scandal. Plenty of leftist whites demand changes, but that doesn't count as "we" does it?
>>
File: 1464785644025.png (1015 KB, 1661x515) Image search: [Google]
1464785644025.png
1015 KB, 1661x515
>>84323330

>Riri
>Giant fro
>Massive hoops

Fuck's sake, Marvel. You're better than caricatures.
>>
>>84324937
>And questions should end with a question mark.
>Now did I

I was making a statement, wasn't really asking you.
>>
File: Batman.png (540 KB, 469x616) Image search: [Google]
Batman.png
540 KB, 469x616
>white boy thinks black people demanded magical negro and best black friend

Fucking christ you can't make this shit up.
>>
Why didn't they just fucking keep Rhodey alive and make him ironman again?
>>
>>84324999
>Sales for a good minute
>Stops selling
>They reboot with another negro

They keep doing this cause they love money.
>>
File: 1430576352415.png (330 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1430576352415.png
330 KB, 330x319
>>84324927
>MUHHERITAGE
Americans are same regardless of their race.
>>
>>84325028
Nobody cares about Rhodey
Stop deluding yourself
>>
>>84325028
Black females are more progressive than black males and now they're being replaced.
>>
>>84324833
>No it wasn't my race I swear it was the black it was the blacks.

That's just sad anon.
>>
>>84325012
>It was a statement.
>Now did I...
>Properly written as, 'Now, did I..."
>With the, "Now," being optional.
Low IQ detected.
>>
>>84325009
No they're not.
>>
>>84325046
Bitch, Americans aren't even the same based on their state. Go tell a Texan he's the same as someone from Massachusetts. I'll wait and laugh.
>>
>>84324969
>Oh, here we go...

no that's the end of the discussion you act just like people on tumblr when they get's upset it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>84325028
That wouldn't cause enough ~*~controversy~*~
>>
>>84324859
>Yeah but we "enjoy" Tyler Perry movies without demanding Perry make Madea a thin white woman

Yea but Rock didn't really start popping until a white man came along and put it on a platform. Not saying that's bad, he elevated Rock to a new plateau, the point being it wouldn't have worked that way if it wasn't a white man.

>niggers NEED at least one token black character per franchise in order to continue reading.

No they don't. You've got your entire grasp of the negro race from an image forum. Do you know of black weeaboo? Fuckers watch anime religiously without a colored in sight.
>>
>>84324859
>>84325024
>>
>>84325101
>Tumblr
>not racing to accuse people of the things they do so they don't get called on them.

Shit's fucking transparent, yo.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>84324971
>Blacks don't care about racism
That's just a lie.
>>
Isn't this the first time Ironman isn't Tony?

I mean, sure, a bunch of characters have worn the suit, but was never the titicular ironman.
>>
>>84325127
Niggers only care about themselves, some ghetto goon just got shot by the cops and they're chimping out. You don't see that unless it's someone black who's been killed by a nonblack, never a Hispanic or Asian.
>>
>>84324859
>niggers NEED at least one token black character per franchise in order to continue reading.

Pffft, according to whitey. That's what THEY think. That's why George Lucas put Samuel Jackson in a movie and that's why DC put Cyborg on the Justice League. Because they want the formula to win the black demographic in dollars, however sometimes that don't work. I'm not going to watch a certain movie because of black supporting cast. I watch it because I think the premise sounds nice.
>>
File: 1430064447404.png (54 KB, 201x178) Image search: [Google]
1430064447404.png
54 KB, 201x178
>>84325008
>Plenty of leftist whites demand changes
>no matter case it's whitey fault.
>>
>>84325127
let me just misquote him to win the argument.
>>
File: shia2.webm (498 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
shia2.webm
498 KB, 640x400
>>84323330
>>
>>84325127
I didn't mean it like that. They obviously do. I was just saying they didn't really pay attention to the Asian thing, like that Asian dude is suggesting.
>>
File: 14218584229780.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
14218584229780.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>84325085
>MUHSTATE
>>
>>84323330
I'm a black male and hate shitty black characters, so pretty much 90% of all black comic book characters.
>>
>>84325129
I'm so sure she will be her own character after 1 year and tony will get back just like how it was when Rhodey was iron man
>>
>>84325101
>if you have opinions you are the same as everyone else who has opinions
>>
>>84324006
No. I doubt tumbltards care about Russians.
>>
>>84325101
>You're from /pol/!
>No, you're from /reddit/!
>No, wait, /tumblr/! There I won!

Jesus fucking Christ come off it mate.
>>
>>84325157
Some white people with a specific political agenda are also to blame is my point. At least someone is pointing out ideological differences between groups.
>>
>>84325214
That's racist.
>>
>>84324525

It's amazing how you can clearly tell when someone is retarded and not from /co/.
>>
>>84325237
Jews are not white.
>>
>>84325145
You mean executed right?
>>
>>84323330
So, is she gonna be Iron Man? Or have a different, hip cool rad name?

or maybe

Iron Ma'am
>>
>>84325273
Not everyone with that certain political ideology is a Jew though.
>>
>>84325291
Please delete your post. This is what he wanted.

I was purposely avoiding replying to that post for this soul purpose.
>>
This was a very *entertaining* thread.

Enough bigots and retards to keep replying to one another to make it a great freakshow.
>>
File: No thank you.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
No thank you.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>>84323330
Not a femanon, but I am a Nigganon.
Absolutely not.
Why are they doing this? Like, really, what are they trying to accomplish? Do they need to meet a quota or something? If so, I don't understand how they can't see that that, in of itself, is more racist than anything they could have done.
At least don't make her replace Tony, for Christ sakes. Make her his intern who happened to have the know how to build and use an Iron Man suit. They could have an interesting dynamic if they did it right. It could add so much to the Iron Man comics if they did, but no, they would rather up and replace one of the most interesting characters Marvel has to offer in favor of being "progressive" and "inclusive".
I hope they have the common decency to make her an alcoholic. Make her value money above all else, no matter what happens. Make her a self absorbed prick. Give her some goddamn flaws, something. That's what I liked about Iron Man; In the end of the day, he's just a deeply flawed dude with a lot of money and a suit who probably would have never decided to fight crime if he hadn't gotten kidnapped that one time.
And what's with that fucking afro? How is she gonna stuff that entire thing into her helmet without part of it sticking out the bottom?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.