[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Auto image download.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 636x783) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 636x783
co, I love you and I love the story times.

Every time there is a story time I save all the pictures.

Shit gets tedious.

I've created an auto image downloader specifically for 4chan. I'm smoothing it out right now but it is functioning and downloads all images in a thread quick.

I wrote it in Python and I'm getting ready to deploy it in the next couple days.

Sample syntax: from command line:
Python 4chanimage -url -board

Where url is the ultimate of the thread you want to download from and board is the name of the board the thread is apart of(ex. Co, pol, lit)

There are more options for saving the files. Which will be documented.

Question: would anyone be interested in using this software? Are you comfortable using command prompt to download the files if th directions are laid out baby style?
>>
>>83300665
You'd be better of posting on >>>/g/ where you would get actual responses and feedback.

To answer your question, yes, I would.
>>
>>83300665
Hey man, I'd say you're better off downloading the cbrs elsewhere. In any case, I am interested in the script. Mind sharing the source?
>>
>>83300752
I wanted to post here first because co is the reason I developed the script.

I've been doing it for a while, the other day I figured I would turn it into a program that takes command line arguments so that other people could use it. I am going to be campaigning on other boards tomorrow and Tuesday(when it will be ready, probably)
>>
>>83300665
This sounds amazing. I would love to have something like this.

Great work, anon, keep it up.
>>
Doesn't the Ychan downloader already do this? I mean, the effort's cool.
>>
>>83300817
I understand that, but why hassle with finding the cbr if the pics are already posted here and it's as simple as running a command.

Do you browse here regularly, I will release the source and program itself in a couple days.
>>
>not using Clover to download image/s on a specific thread
>>
>>83300665
Where and whe this will be displayed to download? Seems great!

Would it work on the threads on deserutorage?
>>
>>83301036
The initial release will be specifically for 4 chan. I'm on vacation right now so I have a lot of time to make it work with other boards/any website.

Initial release will be out Tuesday, I will post here on co when it is done. I will have it being downloaded from a simple little website.
>>
>>83300941
Hmm, I understand. Although I'd say that it's useful having the original files for building up your share for access to the hubs.

And yes, I browse /co/ regularly. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks OP.
>>
>>83300665
>would anyone be interested in using this software? Are you comfortable using command prompt to download the files if th directions are laid out baby style?

yes
yes
>>
>>83300665
Not that I don't appreciate it, but JDownloader already does this.
>>
Can't JDownloader do this already? Or any number of other download managers?
>>
Does anybody else use ChanThreadWatch?
>>
File: 1426100641024.jpg (38 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1426100641024.jpg
38 KB, 366x380
>knows how to code an image downloader software

>doesn't know where to find comic books on the internet
>>
File: ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿.gif (2 MB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿.gif
2 MB, 700x387
>>83300665
4chan Downloader already exists. I've been using it for years.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fourchan-dl/
>>
>>83303631
Goddamn. Everything about that gif gets me rock hard.
>>
>>83303434
In his defense some of the more obscure stuff can be a real pain in the ass to find.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.