[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118
File: mcquarrie tatooine.jpg (2 MB, 4650x2265) Image search: [Google]
mcquarrie tatooine.jpg
2 MB, 4650x2265
Concept Art edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Obi Wan and Anakin #4 (of 5)
Vader Down TPB

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
>>82280167
>Out This Week
Outdated by over a week now.
>>
File: Star_Wars_Rebels_Characters.jpg (47 KB, 432x250) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Rebels_Characters.jpg
47 KB, 432x250
What kind of show do you want the followup to Rebels to be?

What era?
Who are the main characters?
>>
>>82278956
I don't hate Aphra but I think the book needs a break from her. The droids are just annoying- actually, I guess BT-1 isn't that bad since we don't hear him and he's basically just a prop, but Triple Zero is downright obnoxious. He's just a generic murder-happy robot, the kind we've seen in dozens of sci-fi stories by now. A droid that wants to not only kill all humans but takes absolute joy in doing it is already a tired cliche- even within Star Wars it's been done before and done better. There's no new take on the idea, he doesn't even rely on wittiness or clever dialogue. It's literally just "TEE HEE I LIKE MURDER DID YOU KNOW I LIKE MURDER TEE HEE?" and you can almost picture Gillen grinning expectantly at you, waiting for you to laugh at how funny this is. The character pretty much only exists for the sake of comic relief and he can't even do that. If anything, his presence detracts from Vader's characterization because it gets increasingly hard to buy the idea that Vader, who frequently tells Triple Zero to either shut up or get to the point, would continue tolerating behavior that he clearly finds annoying. Even if Triple Zero is too valuable to just destroy, he could be more foreceful about getting him to comply, or just take his vocoder away.

If there's one character I think works really well, it's Thanoth. He's a good foil for Vader since he's both an ally and an adversary to him, and his position makes it hard for Vader to simply get rid of him if he starts sniffing too closely at the truth. His presence forces Vader to rely on strategy and try to out-think him rather than just relying on intimidation and/or brute force. Granted, a lot of the storyline so far has been Vader trying to be clever, but it's mostly for the sake of duping Palpatine and Tagge- individual people he runs across don't really require much more thought than either bullying them or killing them. Thanoth is much less important than them but still keeps Vader on his toes.
>>
>>82280271
Between ROTJ ending and TFA starting.
New characters, or book/comic only ones given new life in animated form.
>>
>>82280271
I really want something that takes place between the OT and the ST.

I suspect that's unlikely, though.
>>
>>82280271
Old Republic all the way. Show both sides of the war between the Jedi and the Sith before the rule of two was established. Hell, have it tell the story of it's establishment since the Bane books are no longer canon.

Bane still is though, so definitely can fucking work with that.
>>
>>82280271
KOTOR
motherfucking KOTOR
>>
>>82280271

A series set between the Battle of Endor to the Battle of Jakku. As for characters? large cast like TCW only so that there isn't a solid set of main characters. Characters from the OT or Rebels even TCW appear in varying story arcs. Like maybe an arc with Luke meeting an aged Rex in one last mission before he dies of old age, learning about Anakin and the Jedi's services during the Clone Wars.

Anakin's force ghost says goodbye to Rex as he passes away.
>>
>>82280479
>Characters from the OT or Rebels even TCW appear in varying story arcs.

But original characters, mostly. Forgot to put that in.
>>
File: obi-wan-clone-wars.jpg (647 KB, 1280x865) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan-clone-wars.jpg
647 KB, 1280x865
Posting best character in Star Wars animated history.
>>
>>82280581
Hurry up and post her then.
>>
File: Ganodi Ya Know Me.jpg (33 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Ganodi Ya Know Me.jpg
33 KB, 480x640
>>82280581
>>
>>82280271
I'd love for a series based on Heir to the Empire.

I mean, the book can still happen within the canon. They'd just have to rename a few people, change a few things... It could work.
>>
File: 5E3Wa5a.jpg (151 KB, 1280x647) Image search: [Google]
5E3Wa5a.jpg
151 KB, 1280x647
>>82280167
God I love that man's artwork. I need to actually make big pictures of it and hang them in the living room or something.
>>
>>82280271
Gungan sitcom
>>
File: Hera.jpg (39 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Hera.jpg
39 KB, 800x450
>>82280611
Is this who you are looking for?
>>
>>82280611
>>82280749
Or this one?
>>
>>82280749
Actually, yes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1919x1079
>>82280611
Maybe this one?
>>
>>82280773
i would have joined her
>>
File: ganodi love you long time.jpg (109 KB, 1494x478) Image search: [Google]
ganodi love you long time.jpg
109 KB, 1494x478
>>82280613
Too bad she fell on some hard times in the Imperial era
>>
File: MAUL-REBELS.jpg (18 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MAUL-REBELS.jpg
18 KB, 640x360
But getting back on track.What next for him?
>>
>>82281064
Failure, of course.
>>
>>82281064
Confrontation with Vader. Literally the reason he was brought back.

Beyond that I don't know what there is for him to even do anymore besides die. His story is pretty much done.
>>
>>82281064
Getting hunted down.

By Boba Fett.
>>
>>82281257
>Literally the reason he was brought back.
He was brought back to further tempt Ezra to the dark side. Filoni realizes Maul vs Vader would be pure fanwank and doesn't want to do it because of that.
>>
>>82281398
>Filoni realizes Maul vs Vader would be pure fanwank and doesn't want to do it because of that.
No, he said that was the main reason he liked the idea, but that he wanted to make sure there was more story to it than just that.
>>
>>82281398
>Filoni realizes Maul vs Vader would be pure fanwank and doesn't want to do it because of that.
It was his idea to begin with. He said there were others in the discussion that didn't want to do it because it was pure fanservice, but he still wanted to do it but felt they needed a story to go with it.

Frankly it's a weak story since it's just "Maul's doing the same old shit again, just a little more tired and SLIGHTLY more sympathetic."
>>
File: You posted the wrong character.jpg (20 KB, 364x334) Image search: [Google]
You posted the wrong character.jpg
20 KB, 364x334
>>82280581
>>
File: inquisikek.jpg (22 KB, 538x404) Image search: [Google]
inquisikek.jpg
22 KB, 538x404
>>82281103
>>
File: Hondo_Ohnaka_Rebels.png (324 KB, 459x597) Image search: [Google]
Hondo_Ohnaka_Rebels.png
324 KB, 459x597
>>82280581
Pfft.
>>
>>82281064
Hopefully convincing Ezra to leave the Ghost crew and train with him

>>82281322
Ya know, I'm actually impressed that they put off shoe-horning Boba Fett in thus far. If they want to shimmy him into season 3, I'd actually be alright with that.
>>
File: smugtua.jpg (262 KB, 1420x968) Image search: [Google]
smugtua.jpg
262 KB, 1420x968
Post smug faces
>>
File: smug SS.png (167 KB, 544x543) Image search: [Google]
smug SS.png
167 KB, 544x543
>>82281756
>>
>>82281741
>Hopefully convincing Ezra to leave the Ghost crew and train with him
Pretty sure that ship has sailed. Ezra is likely still going to wrestle with the pull of the dark side, but I don't see him joining back up with Maul.
>>
>>82281741
Boba's too big a character to shoehorn in.

In terms of celebrity status, he's nearly up there with Vader.
>>
>>82282029
Maul's pretty high on celebrity status too, but they shoehorned him anyway.
>>
>>82282029
I'm saying that if Boba Fett had shown up in the first season just so nerds with Mandalorian Tattoos and Boba Fett hoodies can cum over it, that would have been shoehorning.
>>
>>82282001
Yeah and Anakin learned that Palpatine was a Sith Lord who lied to him for years, but he still dropped to his knees and did whatever Papa Plapy asked.
>>
File: SSdance.webm (3 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
SSdance.webm
3 MB, 720x576
I really, really, really like this image
>>
>>82280271
The Old Republic. Not KoTOR, but the mmo era. Each season of the show would have a new protagonist and follow one of the 8 class stories.
>>
File: What_Fun.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
What_Fun.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>>82281580
He may be a failure, but at least he isn't dead.
>>
>>82282445
>>
>>82282173
Well he was still his best friend at that point.
>>
>>82282388
Hot damn that is awesome
>>
>>82280271
Star Wars: Pirates. Starring Sidon Ithano and the rest of the crew of the Meson Martinet.
>>
>>82282574
Proof that if Maul can survived getting chopped in half, so could /ss/
>>
>>82282618
The TOR setting is great though, better than the original KoTOR setting. Plus most of the class stories are pretty solid and interesting.
>>
>>82282943
Maul was also a Sith Lord, just the same as Vader that survived extreme odds by tethering to the Dark Side. Maul also had someone already on the way.
>>
File: Sith lord.jpg (98 KB, 485x648) Image search: [Google]
Sith lord.jpg
98 KB, 485x648
>>82280271
you already know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdJdEFilaU
>>
File: 1420982491609.png (844 KB, 1278x719) Image search: [Google]
1420982491609.png
844 KB, 1278x719
>>82281756
Imperials always have the best smug faces.

>>82282173
>Yeah and Anakin learned that Palpatine was a Sith Lord who lied to him for years
Palpatine molded him since he was a young child and told him who and what he was when the time was right. That took at least a decade and then some.
>>
>>82282988
The Imperial Agent was slick as fuck, but the game needs to fade out and die already.
>>
>>82280271
Star Wars: Civil War
First two seasons are in the dying days of the Mandolorian Wars, with the finale of S2 taking place during the Malachor Sith Temple petrification after cornering the Mandolorians, and those two seasons and that event would set up the next 4 seasons for the Jedi Civil War (which personally I would rename, but we'll leave the show and that named Civil War for eases sake).

Characters would primarily follow two new young Jedi, a woman and a man, one Master and one a Knight, good friends, that the war drives them apart, with some KotOR 1/2 characters making an appearance, but not entirely following the games by any means.

Unfortunately designs I have in mind would require a lot of cloth tech and robes, so it'd be out of the question unless it was 2D. I am in the process of sketching out some rough stuff for it though, gonna try to make a chapter or two in a comic style with some notes and send it to Disney, Filoni, whoever, ya never know right? And if nothing comes out of it, that's fine, maybe someone here and elsewhere would like to read it.
>>
>>82283036
Yeah, but Ezra is gullible as fuck.
>Maul approaches Ezra
>Join me and save your friends/kill Vader
>I should just kill you instead
>I implore you to reconsider
>HMM... OK
>>
>>82283027
If you follow the plotline of the games who would a TOR show even follow? Almost all the major characters end up dead, useless, or in exile.
>>
>>82279605
I think we've been reading two very different comics because since Aphra went missing Vader comics entered a war arc. It didn't have very many scenes with the droids (though a vocal minority REALLY hated the blood draining bit) it's been Vader waging a war by being a ruthless (and rather wasteful) bastard. He's had more scenes fucking around with the OC twins than he's spent talking about Aphra.
>>
>>82283112
Careful what you wish for. I'd love to see it pass away but they'd probably want to replace it with the Next Big Thingâ„¢ which will sadly be an EA product.
>>
>>82283136
I mean... yeah if you want to make a fan comic, go for it. But no one's going to make a show out of just some fucking guy's comic.
>>
>>82283112
>>82283238
They're actually getting ready to enter into the final expansion for the game.
>>
>>82283238
Uh... you do know TOR is an EA product right?
>>
File: the old republic jedi wallpaper.jpg (773 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the old republic jedi wallpaper.jpg
773 KB, 1920x1200
>>82283213
Honestly i would just set it during this period and have it be a hybrid of all the best story moments from all the class stories.
>>
>>82283244
You'd be surprised at how many people get jobs from sending simple concepts and portfolios of things to people to show their love of something. More power to the guy honestly, if he manages something out of it.
>>
anyone have these?

>Adventures in Wildspace 1,2,3
>"Scorched" short story from Star Wars insider 165
>Star wars rebels magazine #17 "Vulnerable Areas" comic
>>
>>82283244
It's worth a shot anon, ya never know what could come of sending some descriptions, synopsis, storyboards, etc. around.
>>
>>82283191
It makes perfect sense within the confines of Ezra's world. Naive? Sure. Gullible? Probably. But he apparently wasn't taught the wider issues between Jedi and Sith. He only knows red blades as his enemies, and at the same time he's a young kid with heavy Anakin tendencies, i.e. power to protect the ones I love. He also knows nothing about Maul's history. He's suspicious and aggressive when he realizes Maul is a Sith Lord but when Maul seems no threat and then later aides him considerably.

When Ahsoka and Kanan are horrified to find he's with Maul they are already under threat and Maul helps out. Ezra is already convinced that Maul means them no harm. And sure it is naive to believe that this is a true common enemies teaming up against their mutual foe moment, it would make sense. I recall some people hoping Maul would be less evil and even potentially help the Rebellion as much as it serves as his greatest weapon against Sidious (as opposed to his longshot hoping an ancient Sith weapon would still work properly, if it ever did given all the dead people turned to stone, and with Vader on the way to claim it). But nope, Dark Side makes you go full retard.

When Ezra found out firsthand the holocron unlocked a weapon instead of knowledge he caught onto Maul's true nature pretty quickly. The kid got a firsthand look at exactly how the Sith behave. Poor bastard. Now if he actually unlocks that Sith holocron looking for knowledge or even power from it then fuck yes he's a stupid little shit who deserves losing a hand. Or head.
>>
>>82283265
You do realize that was the precise point, right? Do you really think TOR ending won't be replaced with something else and since it will be do you actually have any hope that it will be better?
>>
File: jk-simmons.jpg (14 KB, 484x252) Image search: [Google]
jk-simmons.jpg
14 KB, 484x252
>>82280271
>>82282445
>>82283027
>>82283136
>>82283278
HOW ABOUT FUCKING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SHOW ABOUT JEDI?

Seriously, how about we explore a little more than the same 5 fucking character archetypes? Since Jedi are always the major focus, every side character is just reduced to 'The Smuggler', 'The Bounty Hunter', 'The Ace Pilot'. Fuck you know what I really want in a show or anthology movie? Just some alien fucks working on a ship, paying rent, and getting into some shit. No rebellion, no sith, no fucking jedi. Just characters deeper than a puddle, and a little universe expanding.

Now give me a second to whipe the foam from my mouth.
>>
>>82283499
>HOW ABOUT FUCKING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SHOW ABOUT JEDI?
Because Filoni tried. He wanted to make a show about hotshot pilots. Instead they wanted more Jedi hijinks. It's Star Wars, you can't really escape the laser swords for long.
>>
>>82283278
I think that might be too much for one show to do. I could see a show that follows the war with the JK and JC combined as a protagonist working well though. There's some nice potential in the mindfucked by the emperor arc.
>>
>>82283499
Ding ding ding! This is what I want as well.
>>82283534
Well we are just shooting the shit anyway.
>>
>>82283499
Because sadly, people don't want mundane things, they want flashy lightsabers, evil guys in cloaks and masks and sexy human female characters to ogle.

>Just some alien fucks working on a ship, paying rent, and getting into some shit.
I would love to see that, but sadly, there aren't that many of us that would want that and the vast majority of people just want the same thing they've seen before.
>>
>>82283499
How do you expect the spergs to relate to a protagonist who doesn't dogmatically shun sex and love and basic human emotion?
>>
>>82283499
Just because the primary focus and story are about the Jedi/Sith doesn't mean that the supposed side characters are just reduced to "The Smuggler/Bounty Hunter/etc.", they could have various arcs detailing their worlds and stories as well.

TCW had plenty of stuff like this in regards to many aliens, bounty hunters, clones, mandolorians, etc.
>>
>>82283562
I'm holding on to the hope that as the years go by, we'll see less star wars-y star wars movies. Like, not a rag-tag team vs evil forces, but a fucking dialogue heavy movie about aliens shooting the shit in a bar. I want the Coens to be like, "fuck it. Let's do a Star Wars." And just have fun with it. I know we'll never get people like the Coen brothers to do an anthology, but fucking Edgar Wright, or a fucking nobody who just wants to mix it up a little and tell a good story. A good story, that just so happens to take place in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>82283703
With the amount of Star Wars they have planned they're going to need to do this eventually.
>>
>>82283730
Exactly. That's what I'm counting on. Give me a fucking John Carpenter Star Wars. A Star Wars horror. A comedy. I want the anthologies to be a fucking playground.
>>
>>82283789
>A horror flick featuring IG-88 with Terminator music.
>>
>>82283265
Oh I know. EA has the license locked down for the foreseeable future but even if they didn't there is no more Bioware. Who else could you give the next game, especially an RPG, to? Keep in mind whoever would receive it would have to be another AAA game developer because Disney would demand all the bells and whistles.
>>
>>82283813
>the primary antagonist after the aliens are dead is HK-47
>begin taunting each other as they stalk through steamy corridors of 1313 on Coruscant
>all you see is the flicker of eye-LEDs and blaster fire with maniacal laughter and beeps and boops
>>
>>82283848
EA is currently developing an open-world RPG with Visceral Games with help from Amy Hennig (which sounds beautiful) and Jade Raymond. It's apparently still in development but we've heard virtually no info on it for ages now beyond that.

The best we're gonna get out of EA's license which is until 2020 is Battlefront games virtually every year or two and possibly that Visceral game and that's it at this rate.
>>
>>82283562
If only the lekku on these cosplayers looked less like foam. The creases and rigidity tends to spoil the immersion for me.
>>
>>82283789
Yeah but you know we'd probably just get a Death Troopers game written and directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and shoehorning in Milla Jovovich whom (if it's based on the book) has everyone including Han and Chewie fawning over how super powerful she is.
>>
>>82283884
>Jade Raymond
That names familiar. Some kind of internet drama or some shit...

Will they even be doing that with Battlefront? They haven't even really milked the DLC fully.
>>
>>82283884
>EA is currently developing an open-world RPG
I'm already so fucking sick of "open world" RPGs with the depth of a puddle. I was so much happier when we had disguised corridors and tiny open fields.
>>
>>82283939
Dude, she was the main producer of Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs. Plus she's pretty hot.
>>
>>82283894
There are other materials that they could use that look more natural. They just haven't really caught on yet.
>>
>>82280479
>Like maybe an arc with Luke meeting an aged Rex in one last mission before he dies of old age, learning about Anakin and the Jedi's services during the Clone Wars.

I really like that. It would do Luke good to know how great his Dad really was, but at the same time show how cruel the Dark Side is. Plus the conflict of Anakin vs Vader.
>>
>>82280271
Star Wars: Operation Blue Falcon

The Rebel Uprising has taken full force as the Death Star plans have been stolen. The Emperor in an up-roar demands from his Grand Admirals and Darth Vader to stamp out the flames that threaten his Galactic Empire.

Darth Vader commanding the 501st Legion has called on a special group to hunt down and destroy any and all Rebellion sympathizers, and to kill any Jedi that they may seemingly come across that still live.

Delta Squad, old Clone Troopers turned Imperial Commandos are on the hunt. Their journey begins on Kashyyyk, where they run into an old friend, having seemingly turned on his former brothers and his control chip damaged...

Not sure if I did a good job on the description, but would you guys watch it?
>>
>>82283995
People actually have fandoms build up around game PRODUCERS? Or is it just the "hot" part?
>>
File: ouZKTa0.jpg (15 KB, 300x324) Image search: [Google]
ouZKTa0.jpg
15 KB, 300x324
>>82280611
>>
>>82283939
She was the spear-head at Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed, and yes you know they will with Battlefront. They'll have one out for Ep. VIII that might incorporate TFA and VIII more along with OT stuff and potentially PT stuff to better quiet the fans, potentially even a single-player as well.
>>82283963
Depends, I enjoyed Dead Space 1 and 2 quite a lot, I think Visceral are good developers, depends on how much EA intervenes as they did with Dead Space 3.

If I had my choice, I'd honestly want CDProjekt to just drop Cyberpunk and do Star Wars.
>>
>>82284044
You mean like the stuff they use in fleshlights?
Mmmm...fleshy lekku.
>>
>>82282029
No hes not. They shoe horned in Boba in almost every episode of TCW
>>
>>82284103
I'd rather they have their freedom with Cyberpunk. I doubt that we're going to be able to get any interesting games as long as Disney is playing it safe.
>>
>>82284131
>They shoe horned in Boba in almost every episode of TCW
He was in all of seven episodes, and some of them had some pretty small parts, like helping Cad Bane escape prison.
>>
>>82284083
You'd be surprised, good game producers like Hideo Kojima, Ken Levine or Amy Hennig (who did Uncharted) have their own fanbases.
>>
im disappointed that Visceral game isnt even in their fiscal year this year. Probably coming late next year
>>
File: creepio.gif (26 KB, 520x665) Image search: [Google]
creepio.gif
26 KB, 520x665
>>82284183
You do realize Boba and the Clones are literally the same person, right?
>>
>>82284183
Six episodes, and one of those was a flashback. He was going to get a story where he would hang out with Cad Bane.
>>
>>82284199
Except the Clones got shit done and didn't job...well not all the time at least.
>>
>>82284199
Ah, right, so you're just baiting then.
>>
>>82280655
If only that didn't cost a literal fortune
>>
File: Zaynejim.jpg (119 KB, 393x721) Image search: [Google]
Zaynejim.jpg
119 KB, 393x721
I am really fucking sick of seeing Tatooine.

you know FUCK tatooine. There's no reason to keep coming back to that dust ball beyond ANH nostalgia.

This shit right here? This is why im getting tired of the whole thing. We have a whole vast unexplored universe but no lets just go back to this nothing little spec at the ass end of the galaxy because that's where the writers all used to pretend to go when their parents wouldn't look at them.
>>
File: screenshot-rpg-maker-vx-ace-03.jpg (110 KB, 800x438) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-rpg-maker-vx-ace-03.jpg
110 KB, 800x438
So I pitched it in the stream, but I thought to tell it here as well.

I'm thinking of doing a little RPG lewd Star Wars RPG. If anyone has ideas or wants to help with story ideas I'd be more than happy to hear you out.
>>
>>82284167
As would I, but I think if you had to give anyone the open world RPG style it'd be CDProjekt if only for the size of the world and the details going on within it.

Imagine TW3's world size and details but with Coruscant for instance. Which is basically what Cyberpunk is and I'm looking forward to it heavily, but I'd like to see a Star Wars equivalent to it. Hopefully Visceral does a good job though.

Though I have a feeling it'll just be Dead Space meets Star Wars, and Necromorphs are just weird aliens or droids, but it'll have a great story though with Amy Hennig at the helm of it.
>>
>>82284228
At least they didn't go to Tatooine in the new movie.
>>
>>82284188
As far as I can tell she's just mostly just been an executive producer on projects. That's not exactly the makings of a Carmack. Kojima has been a writer and director as well as a producer, Levine is known as a game developer, and Amy Hennig again has been a writer. In other words creative talents known for major contributions to games, not just the person overseeing the team.
>>
File: Vader 1.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Vader 1.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>82284228
I like you.
>>
>>82284122
nah, that stuff would bend like a rubber hose. There is this stuff called flexfoam that I have seen a few lekku made with that look really good.
>>
>>82281064
Joining the Rebellion.

Or trying to, at least.
>>
>>82284431
No way in hell, that ship hasn't just sailed he set the fucking boat on fire and then tried to stab it only to fall off a cliff instead.

Although...The idea does have merit, now that I think about it. The Rebel Alliance doesn't exist yet. There's no overarching command structure. So it WOULD be possible for him to assemble his own Rebel group by dominating a bunch of disaffected yahoos who want to stick it to the Empire and don't realize their new boss is a devil.
>>
>>82281064
He's gonna fight Vader at some point, right?
>>
File: Darth Vader Comic 1.jpg (176 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader Comic 1.jpg
176 KB, 800x618
>>82284509
They adapted Maul surviving with cybernetic legs, you know they're gonna adapt this as well.
>>
>>82284473
That's what I mean.

He would be a powerful ally to the Rebels, he could easily prove himself. I can imagine him being in the right place at the right time to save their asses a few times.
>>
>>82284509
Maybe. The originally set this up as a Vader/Maul fight despite admitting it was heavy fanwank only to have the script divert onto a different path. They've talked a bit about how Maul seems scared of Vader and whether he'd want to fight him or would lose outright. They intimated it would not end well for Maul, that he's past his prime, which may indeed be the case.

Hard to tell how things would end up based on what Filoni says because his original take on Ahsoka vs Vader is Ahsoka would lose because Anakin taught her everything she knows. However later on he said Vader would find her an extreme challenge because she spent so much of her formative years fighting Anakin (in training). So two certain points of view each with different outcomes. Well sort of, Vader will always survive due to plot armor.

Personally I'd rather Maul fight one last time with Obi-Wan. It's only right that they finally face for the last time and Obi-Wan puts Maul down. Maul vs. Vader just doesn't have that kind of personal drama. He'd only fight Vader because Vader is in the Number Two slot Maul feels should have rightfully been his if fate and Obi-Wan hadn't stolen it from him on Naboo.
>>
>>82283916
that book was pretty kneecapped by having them show up

having characters you know can't die and that never bring up the fucking zombie star destroyer ever again is just a bummer
>>
>>82284562
The funny thing is Vader stabbed Maul in that position he'd just be damaging Maul's cybernetic pelvis. Pretty sure you're not going to kill a guy by stabbing him in the place where he was cut in half decades earlier.
>>
>>82284255
>At least they didn't go to Tatooine in the new movie.

They will before the trilogy is out
>>
>>82284589
I think the point is Phoenix Squad has reason not to trust him, and they'll get the word out to Bail who will no doubt also put the word out to the various groups he's in contact with to watch out for or avoid Maul.

Even if Maul sets up his own little merry band what's the point? I mean storywise. It's interesting to think of him having some kind of Anti-Rebels group with himself as the Kanan to a quirky group (bonus points if it includes the original concepts of the group so an Ithorian stand-in for Zeb, a lady ex-stormtrooper for Sabine, a blueberry twi'lek engineer kid for Hera, and so on). But despite that appeal where does it go? The only thing it could really do is show the need for Bail to finally tie together the various Rebel groups across the galaxy into a true Alliance to keep them from splintering, failing to in-fighting, or being played against each other.

Admittedly they have said we're going to see movements towards the Rebel Alliance's formation but I don't know if Maul is the way to do that. I also don't know that that's all Maul can do, I'm willing to admit I may be overlooking potential here.
>>
>>82284255
Why go to Tatooine when you have Jakku?
>>
>>82284633
True, personally I think it's just a bad angle on it that was done, but I could definitely see Vader just getting pissed and impaling himself to try and kill Maul.

Though with the fact that Disney is so adamant about being 4kidz we would never actually see it. Despite the movies having body severing, limb loss, decapitations, etc.
>>
>>82284607
It's not even plot armor, he has to survive, it makes no sense if he dies. You can't have him lose either because then that just invalidates the entirety of the OT as well.

Vader has to win, and beside one of the things Lucas was very adamant about was that Vader couldn't lose, unless it was against Obi-Wan or Luke.

The most you're gonna get out of a Vader fight is some slight damage to his suit and cybernetic limbs as Ahsoka did (and the blast itself might have damaged his leg instead of Ahsoka) or have him injuring himself to kill someone ie: >>82284562

Maul could clearly hold his own against Vader, you see it quite clearly in how he deals with the Inquisitors, he's at least on par if not better than Ahsoka. Even he still fears Vader, Vader is that fucking strong. Even without 'plot armor'.
>>
File: Maarek_stele.jpg (174 KB, 547x914) Image search: [Google]
Maarek_stele.jpg
174 KB, 547x914
>>82280271
Wicked sick Tie fighter action.
>>
>>82284754
>It's not even plot armor, he has to survive, it makes no sense if he dies. You can't have him lose either because then that just invalidates the entirety of the OT as well.
But that's what plot armor is. The plot of future movies dictates he survives. However it doesn't mean he has to win since by the end of Rebels season 2 finale Vader lost three Inquisitors, Maul, the entire Sith Temple, the Sith Holocron, and we saw Ahsoka still moving so odds are he didn't even get her. All he did was get a temple exploding in his face, further fucking him up so he has to limp home. He didn't even get to finish his fight with her.
>>
>>82284754
>Vader couldn't lose, unless it was against Obi-Wan or Luke.
If you're talking about duels then maybe. From what Filoni has said Lucas' prime directive was that you can't do anything to lessen Vader's credibility. He can lose, but he can do so in ways that don't diminish his impact and threat.

Which is funny when you consider Empire Strikes back managed to have him thwarted by the Falcon through most of the movie and he comes off like a dangerous buffoon in terms of how he's sacrificing war materiel. Sacrificing Star Destroyers by having them park too close to an asteroid field was just terrible management skills at play.
>>
>>82284910
No plot armor is dictating that a character is invincible due to importance to the story, while yes this is true, in Vader's case his story is already set, it's a continuity issue and direct statements more so than it is an evolving and changing story. If we just had the prequels, TCW, and Rebels, then yes what he's done would be plot armor outside of his duel on Mustafar, but you can't call something plot armor in the middle despite knowing the beginning and end.

And yes, Vader can lose in ways that aren't relocated to dueling plenty, which as you yourself have pointed out, he's done, as he has also done in the Darth Vader comic.
>>82285236
Vader's only lose is his own rebellious nature that still persists from his days as Anakin, his sheer recklessness. That's what causes him, he just kind of casually goes on, like Qui-Gon did, only believing in the Force and ultimately shutting out all else that matters typically. It's kind of beautiful pottery in that sense, that despite both's massive Force powers and trust in the Force, it ends up badly for the two.
>>
>>82285352
You're splitting hairs, anon, and in a way that doesn't change the definition. Plot armor due to Vader's importance to the story IS the fact he has future events. That was the whole deal with the Prequels, anon. We knew much of who would live throughout events based on how we knew they died. In this case their importance to the story was that their death had a known set point LATER in the stories. Hence when Boba tries to kill Mace Windu nobody believed Mace Windu was going to die, similarly we didn't feel tension in the next episodes when Mace and Anakin were trapped under debris while Artoo was left trying to save them. We knew all three were going to survive.

The only reason Vader HAS TO SURVIVE as you stated is because his death is a known event in future stories, which is precisely what plot armor is. Knowing how someone's story ends dictates plot armor. It's that "due to importance to the story" bit, get it? It doesn't mean they're invincible forever, that's not what plot armor is. It's not them literally being a god or unstoppable, it's due to roles they have to play later on in the continuity.
>>
>>82285352
>Vader's only lose is his own rebellious nature that still persists from his days as Anakin, his sheer recklessness. That's what causes him, he just kind of casually goes on, like Qui-Gon did, only believing in the Force and ultimately shutting out all else that matters typically. It's kind of beautiful pottery in that sense, that despite both's massive Force powers and trust in the Force, it ends up badly for the two.
If you want to put this into terms that make Vader's actions more sensible and acceptable, then consider that Vader was pursuing the Falcon because he sensed that capturing Luke's friends was his best and perhaps only option of making Luke come to him. So he sacrificed ships including all the lives, vehicles, and fighters within, just for his chance to obtain Luke. It was a single-minded pursuit that didn't give a crap about anyone else, everything was expendable, and the Emperor gave his tacit approval via his orders to Vader.

But if the Force let him sense that the way to Luke was via his friends it didn't let him know how to stop or catch the Falcon. He still needed bounty hunters.
>>
File: 1460276261464.jpg (932 KB, 788x3000) Image search: [Google]
1460276261464.jpg
932 KB, 788x3000

>foe

>family

>fuckbuddy

>wife
>>
>>82285862
>>friend
Ahsoka
>>foe
Sabine
>>family
Hera
>>fuckbuddy
Tua
>>wife
SS
>>
>>82285862
>friend
Tua
>Foe
SS
>Family
Ahsoka
>Fuckbuddy
Hera
>Wife (I can fuck her anytime I want)
Sabine
>>
>>82283499
Why don't people who want this go anywhere else for it?
Space wizard knights are what make Star Wars Star Wars.
There are an endless amount of other sci fi things for generic alien crews.
>>
>>82286257
Why not also force sensitive people, knights who have rejected the Jedi and are living in the grey area? I think KotOR dipped into that a bit.
Having really good goodies and really bad baddies can get a bit one-note. Something like Firefly in the SW universe might be fun (and no, Rebels doesn't really count)
>>
File: inkies blasting off again.jpg (44 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
inkies blasting off again.jpg
44 KB, 500x394
It's incredible how many people on Star Wars fanpages are still complaining about the Inquisitor lightsabers enabling them to fly.

You'd think that in a world of magic space Samurai people would not mind this stuff.
>>
>>82286872
It's admittedly stupid and I can't say I would miss it if it never happened, but ehh, there's been much worse in the past, and at least Pablo sort of explained how it works.
>>
File: 1459549483134.jpg (221 KB, 663x936) Image search: [Google]
1459549483134.jpg
221 KB, 663x936
>>82286895
I liked it actually, it also emphasized how the Inkies rely on their technology due to their flawed training.
>>
>>82284234
Make all waifus shun you and instead you fuck a couple of nobodies
>>
>>82280749
>>82280809
Both.
>>
File: 1459344161947.jpg (51 KB, 559x574) Image search: [Google]
1459344161947.jpg
51 KB, 559x574
>>82281756
>>
>>82285862
>friend
Sabine

>foe
SS

>family
Tua

>fuckbuddy + wife
Hera and Ahsoka
>>
File: want, not sure if.jpg (24 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
want, not sure if.jpg
24 KB, 600x250
>>82284234

lewd yoda stories?
>>
File: i35DI3T.jpg (237 KB, 1280x642) Image search: [Google]
i35DI3T.jpg
237 KB, 1280x642
Did someone say concept art?
http://imgur.com/a/J4ZRA
>>
>>82284255
They went to not-Tatooine.
>>
File: lSB2Dfc.png (144 KB, 302x253) Image search: [Google]
lSB2Dfc.png
144 KB, 302x253
>So anons...what would you like to see in Rebels season3?
>>
>>82286872
I'm amazed they still haven't realized that they're just being force thrown, the Inquisitor's just aren't letting go, which is owed to the circular spinning design of the hilt rotating as it's force thrown, giving the blade a spinning effect.
>>
File: 1460557334652.jpg (58 KB, 476x635) Image search: [Google]
1460557334652.jpg
58 KB, 476x635
>>82288246
I want to see an anti-Ghost Crew group of inquisitors go after the Rebels

>A big brutish male Weequay Inky as the muscle
>A female Twi'lek Inky as the leader
>A male Human Inky as their best tracker
>A male Muun Inky as the groups tech expert
>A cute female loli Pantoran who is actually the most vicious and cold blooded member of the Inky group
>A dark plated Techno-service droid
>>
>>82288246
more Chopper and his new droid buddy action
>>
Anybody else looking forward to Star Wars Bloodline? I was already looking forward to it but I recently heard that Rian Johnson helped Claudia Gray to with the book. I wonder if it will have some hints in it towards Episode VIII?
>>
>>82288824
Everyone is pretty hype yes.
Well except for that YA book hater anon.
>>
>>82280479
>A series set between the Battle of Endor to the Battle of Jakku

That's like, a few months.
>>
File: droid sex.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
droid sex.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>82288812
>droid buddy action
>>
>>82288824
I've seen a bunch of "NEW DETAILS REVEALED, KYLO REN, LEIA, BLOODLINE" clickbait titles on Youtube lately, so I am guessing that yeah, there's probably some light being shed on Sequel Trilogy characters and events. I'm looking forward to it yeah.

>>82288876
About a year actually. And it's where more of the big battles of the GCW happened, because its where the Rebellion actually weakened the Empire enough to equal its firepower. To put it in perspective, like 3 seasons of TCW equated to 1 year of that war. (And not all the episodes were about the war itself)

So they could easily do a 1-3 season show set between Endor and Jakku.

>Premier is the Battle of Endor, told from the original casts perspectives.
>Nods to other media, such as showing the Falcon, or even Rae Sloane at the battle.
>Finale of the show is Jakku

I think it'd be pretty awesome.

>>82288436
I like this idea a lot. I like the idea that the Empire is down to their last group of Inky's, and they're going to send all of them to get Kanan.

Filoni says that they're whittling them down so that there aren't any left by ANH, so I am guessing the idea of a final Inky group isn't too farfetch'd.
>>
>>82288920
>Filoni says that they're whittling them down so that there aren't any left by ANH, so I am guessing the idea of a final Inky group isn't too farfetch'd
Because all the inquisitors get wiped out, do you think that's why Sheev turned to Cylo-V and his abominations?
>>
File: Mos_Espa.png (4 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Mos_Espa.png
4 MB, 1920x816
>>82284228
For as bad as The Phantom Menace is, I really love the way it expanded on Tatooine. The planet felt like a much more real and lived-in place with the different marketplaces and the podracing. It almost makes you want to live there despite it being a hot desert with limited water supply.
>>
>>82288984
Possibly. Although I also think Sheev doesn't actually care for Cylo, and is just fucking with Vader.
>>
>>82288246
Ezra falling to the dark side
I just want more corruption, it's the most fun part of star wars
>>
>>82288920
It also makes sense so send every Inky they've got after the Ghost Crew. Vader knows they have the Sith Holocron after all.
>>
I have to do a tribute paper for my composition class on someone (real or fictional) that has inspired me. So, the first post ending in 01 decides which Star Wars character I bullshit a paper about.
>>
>>82289347
Ahsoka Tano.
>>
>>82289347
Rolling for /ss/
>>
>>82289347
Who else but Sheev.
>>
>>82289347
Adolf Hitler
>>
>>82289347
Jar Jar
>>
>>82289347
Cad Bane
>>
>>82289347
Seventh Sister
>>
>>82289347
Do you realize how improbable it is that a person will get a precise two digit combo in a thread on a board as fast as /co/

Also just to troll you in case I get it, Malakili the Rancor Keeper
>>
>>82289347
Ahsoka.
>>
File: 1459694886254.jpg (22 KB, 527x453) Image search: [Google]
1459694886254.jpg
22 KB, 527x453
>>82289528

>>82289503
Close but no Cigar
>>
>>82289347
Jar Jar
>>
>>82289347
Grand Inky
>>
>>82289347
Darth Filonii
>>
>>82289347
Wicket
>>
>>82289347
Ezra Bridger
>>
>>82289601
we have winner
>>
>>82289601
Kek

>>82289347
>>
File: Wicket_RotJ.png (779 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Wicket_RotJ.png
779 KB, 540x720
>>82289347
>>82289601
you better deliver, son
>>
File: boyz.jpg (27 KB, 480x475) Image search: [Google]
boyz.jpg
27 KB, 480x475
>>82289601
fuck
>>
>>82289601
Fuck, I was really hoping for >>82289598

It's not due for a couple of weeks but I'll try my best with this one.
>>
File: Wicket_RotJ.png (414 KB, 225x728) Image search: [Google]
Wicket_RotJ.png
414 KB, 225x728
>>82289644
>>
File: PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg (148 KB, 890x704) Image search: [Google]
PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg
148 KB, 890x704
>>82289601
>>82289347
>>
File: 1458438276681.jpg (21 KB, 461x352) Image search: [Google]
1458438276681.jpg
21 KB, 461x352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3saauJefFoQ

At 22:16 ...FILONI you absolute madman
>>
>>82289856
Based Filoni
>>
>>82289886
Filonious is better than Sheev.
>>
>>82289928
that's because filoni is real while sheev is just a character played by ian mcdiarmid
>>
>>82287380
> there's a mod for Skyrim where you could play a female yoda with titties

we shouldn't go that far
>>
>>82289856
Someone help an anon out. I cant watch this today on account of working till 11 tonight. Summarize it for me?
>>
>>82288246
>More Clones/Clone centric episodes
I would kill for a flashback episode
>Cad Bane, Boba Fett or Bossk
>Episode from a Stormtrooper's perspective
>More Chopper
>Ezra going more and more towards the Dark Side, leading up to a confrontation with Kanan
>Darth Vader
>>
>>82290323
Ahsoka's voice actress said she would get sent pictures of Ahsoka's dead body on her phone, like with her head chopped off, from Filoni during the production of season 2.
>>
>>82288246
Sabine, I want to make it the Sabine Show.
>>
>>82291115
What the fuck?
>>
>>82291470
I think she might've just meant it as a joke or something. I didn't watch the conversation the whole way through. Though Filoni was going along with it, so I dunno.
>>
>>82283499
While I agree with you, I think cartoons are the only place that Jedi can be used at their full potential while on a non-movie budget.

Something like a live action show would not even be able to have jedi because the special effects would cost too much, so I'd rather leave the cartoons to handle the Jedi, and the upcoming live action stuff can settle with everything else.
>>
>>82288246
Time skip after Season 2
Ezra is already fully dark side
Kanan and what remains of ghost squadron has to go against him
Tie fighters
>>
File: coralsnake_old_Ben_old_Hondo.jpg (577 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
coralsnake_old_Ben_old_Hondo.jpg
577 KB, 1280x1280
> it's a Hondo episode
He's exactly the right mixture of overbearing and dramatic for me, I love him.
>>
>>82291667
There can't be too much of a timeskip, we're only 2 years from ANH
>>
>>82291795
I was thinking only a year or so
>>
https://youtu.be/X5RwRvRGRDc?t=56s
>Mads Mikkelsen Reveals Star Wars Rogue One Character
>0:56
>comes in between 7 and 8
>Its the very first one, before anything you've ever seen in the Star Wars universe
>I play her father

Disney is really pushing the "Prequels never happened" thing.

He has no idea what he's talking about does he?
>>
>>82291806
Well you'll likely get your wish in that regard. S1 is Year 27, S2 is Year 28 with the last episode or last couple episodes being Year 29. S3 will probably be Year 30.
>>
>>82291868
I think he's just fucking around. Even TFA had a prequel nods with Podracer parts, Maz flags, clones, etc. Same goes for a lot of the ongoing comics and things right now. Hell one of Maz's flags even has Sabine's tag on it.

They can't ignore the prequels forever, not when it's a very important time for Star Wars.
>>
>>82292034
It's actually.

S1 Ep. 1-5: Year 27
S1 Ep. 6-13: Year 28
Siege of Lothal: Year 28
S2 Ep. 1-9: Year 28
S2 Ep. 10-20: Year 29

Seems about 18 Episodes (including Siege as 1 episode) is a year, so S3 will likely be like this.

S3 Ep. 1-8: Year 29
S3 Ep. 9-20: Year 30
>>
>>82292068
Furthermore, a lot of normal people like them. Of course they're got shortcomings, but if you just want to tune out and watch 2 hours of sci-fi fantasy they're right there for that.
>>
>>82292162
To be fair on that, even the OT has some massive flaws in a lot of places, none of the movies are perfect by any means honestly. I'll admit some are better than others with AotC probably being the worst of the Star Wars films personally, but they're all great movies regardless, just gotta enjoy Star Wars.

Disney and Lucasfilm are being odd in this regard, it seems like they're trying to pander to the very vocal OT crowd, but then they go and do things that makes that crowd even more vocal and angry such as getting rid of the EU from 'canon' (like it ever was in the first place) and then having women protagonists in two movies, and the whole black stormtrooper debacle.

Which I personally don't care either way, I enjoyed Rey and Finn, and Jyn looks to be cool enough so far. But it seems so odd that they're trying to be inclusive and change some things that were never before seen in Star Wars, yet still pander to the OT crowd, it's weird as hell to me.
>>
Review/Spoilers for Bloodline up on Tumblr

http://reylooo.tumblr.com/post/143514072983/book-review-bloodline-by-claudia-gray
>>
>>82292231
I think it would have actually worked better for them with exclusivity and such if they had based a lot of those stories in the PT era.
Since a lot of OT purists seem very conservative when it comes to Star Wars
>>
>>82292550
inclusiveness*
Not exclusivity lol
>>
File: 1459564370939.png (279 KB, 750x610) Image search: [Google]
1459564370939.png
279 KB, 750x610
>>82292231
> it seems like they're trying to pander to the very vocal OT crowd

I don't think so? From what I've gathered TFA was meant to rope fans back in that might've gotten off with the PT, but it was never meant to appeal to the loud minority since you cannot appeal to them no matter what.

Similar style of photography, more human/character driven than weird aliens at every turn (kinda sad for me but understandable) but still colours, explosions, heavy drama and fun, to appeal to fans and normies. It's a safe method, but it proved to be valuable. Kinda wish a happy marriage of George's "trying new things at every turn and getting more politics into it" and that could take place, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>82292399
>all those comments complaining about Disney & Legends not being canon
So delicious.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w
>>
>>82292882
>Discount Tatooine
He's right, you know
>>
File: Finger.png (165 KB, 663x331) Image search: [Google]
Finger.png
165 KB, 663x331
>>82292882
Dis gon b guud
>>
File: maxrendefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxrendefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>So who talks first? You talk first, I talk first?
>I talk first. I always talk first.
>Well, technically you just talked first but... god dammit.
>Now this entire conversation's been derailed. So, congratulations for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicXlvJBdo
>>
>>82292882
>>82293328
What's with all these shills today?
>>
>>82293328
We've already seen that, Anon
>>
File: STANNIS.png (34 KB, 618x267) Image search: [Google]
STANNIS.png
34 KB, 618x267
>>82293328
>>
>>82291868
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>82292136
can we go back to using BBY/ABY this system is utterly incomprehensible
>>
>>82294074
Episode 1 is the start date
>>
File: 1460450325401.jpg (773 KB, 1168x491) Image search: [Google]
1460450325401.jpg
773 KB, 1168x491
Someone shared a guy making fingerstyle guitar covers of SW music, has anyone else some favourite reinterpretations or music inspired by SW?
>>
File: Star Wars Bands.png (22 KB, 992x349) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Bands.png
22 KB, 992x349
>>82294194
I mean, I do not currently, but I think that's about to change.
>>
>>82294279
>porn music
???
>>
>>82294194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ICLbeSrMo

This really is not bad.
>>
>>82294320
A great genre on its own and versatile in combination. Please play both of these in two different tabs:

https://youtu.be/xo2bVbDtiX8

https://youtu.be/iKB4S1Vf3oY
>>
File: 1461800652933.jpg (20 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1461800652933.jpg
20 KB, 720x405
>>82288824
Im excited. I really want to know why Leia left the Republic and if theres any backlash about her Dad being Vader.

Only thing I dont think is how the new movies are relying on auxiliary material to tell the story. I get that they want to do the whole EU thing, but it shouldnt work like that. The EU worked because there weren't any new movies coming out for a long time.
>>
>>82294194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRWYYt47RI
>>
>>82294194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzbJMCSfcPY

I am fond of this.
>>
File: Vader.jpg (129 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Vader.jpg
129 KB, 533x800
>>82294520
>and if theres any backlash about her Dad being Vader.

Nobody really should've known about her parentage apart from her Han and Luke. Unless they didn't treat it as a secret and allowed it to go on public record.

I mean really. She's a politician. A skeleton like that is something you want to keep buried for the rest of your life and beyond. No one who's trying to make a positive difference should want people to know that they're the offspring of one of the greatest mass murderers in galactic history.
>>
>>82294851
>Nobody really should've known about her parentage apart from her Han and Luke. Unless they didn't treat it as a secret and allowed it to go on public record.

Maybe Luke told his students about what happened to his father. Maybe they despised Ben Solo for the crimes that his grandfather committed which could've led to his downfall.
>>
>>82294987
Mengele's children had themselves sterilised to deal with the guilt of their mass-murdering parent, why not Luke and Leia.
>>
File: star-wars-pun-wickey-good.jpg (81 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-pun-wickey-good.jpg
81 KB, 400x600
>>82294851

I dont know about that. You'd think some Imperials or someone with Imperial ties pissed at Leia could dig that up and blackmail or leak it to get her out of their picture.
>>
File: 1455865160808.jpg (142 KB, 725x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455865160808.jpg
142 KB, 725x1000
>>
File: 1461230989505.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461230989505.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
This imperial looks even more like a sad sheep in motion, it's incredible. Did they try to facially out-misery Aresko?
>>
Would this trailer be able to hype you for the Holiday Special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezryoVzyrxI
>>
>>82295080
>You'd think some Imperials or someone with Imperial ties pissed at Leia could dig that up

I don't think so. The only imperials who knew were the Emperor and Vader. Tarkin only deduced it only because he knew Anakin personally. Other than them, I'd think it went on official imperial record that Anakin Skywalker died when the Jedi temple was sacked. Or somewhere else as a result of the Clone War.

>>82294987
>Maybe Luke told his students about what happened to his father.

When does this book take place? Also i'd like to think Luke would like to think Luke would've been a bit more tact. Surely he'd have known talking about that might've compromised his sisters efforts.

>>82295043

Well Luke is a Jedi, so he ain't having kids.
>>
>>82295338
Didn't the blue guy, I forget his name, talk about Sheev being a Sith and what not in Aftermath?

While Im pretty sure it was hush hush, there had to be records. When Sheev died there had to leaks and things.
>>
I'm dreading the thought that Rey becoming a Alice Abernathy-levelled Mary Sue judging by all the interview I'm reading.

Rey is at her best when she is with Finn. But I'm worried that she will be separated from him for most of Episode 8 & 9.
>>
File: The story of dath plagueis.jpg (122 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
The story of dath plagueis.jpg
122 KB, 1024x682
>>82295338
>>82295338

So maybe somebody leaked the information on her parentage and the backlash from the senate is one of the reasons is why she is being called a traitor.
>>
File: tumblr_mqd408hWDk1svqw7xo1_1280.gif (910 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqd408hWDk1svqw7xo1_1280.gif
910 KB, 640x360
>>82295338
>Well Luke is a Jedi, so he ain't having kids.

We don't know anything about Luke's Jedi sect. He could have kids or got married for all we know. Sadly I don't think those questions wont be answered till Ep8 or sometime next year when the ramping of Ep 8 hype begins.
>>
>>82295338
Bloodlines seems to only imply that Vader was her real father, not that he was also Anakin Skywalker.

Considering Kylo Ren knows of it too, it seems likely that Luke talked about it as well. Luke probably let the secret out trying to convince others that Vader wasn't all that bad.
>>82295395
A few people knew Palpatine was a Sith and that was it, very few people knew Vader was Anakin though.
>>
>>82295476
Luke has probably ditched that stupid can't marry law like in Legends.
>>
>>82295476
Luke will never be married. Hamill straight up said Luke could be gay for all we know (even though that contradicts his finding of Leia beautiful and kissing her and shit), just because so many kids look up to him in that respect and I think Disney would respect that honestly.

That and the whole Rey/Luke thing is way too obvious to be a 'plot-twist'.
>>
>>82294520
>Only thing I dont think is how the new movies are relying on auxiliary material to tell the story.

I hate this shit because I shouldn't have to read a few books, some comics, and play some games to get what the fuck is going on in the movie. I get they want these movies to not be like the prequels but they've gone way too far the other way I think.
>>
>>82295524
Why would he? For all he knows the one Jedi that married ended up becoming a tyrant that killed billions, whether he still had good in him or not. He's also been training as a Jedi and likely follows the Jedi Code. There is no reason for him to just abolish that rule
>>
>>82295546
>Luke could be gay
stop this meme
>>
>>82295546
Im not saying anything about Rey being Lukes kid. I really...really... REALLY hope shes not.

But yeah. Lukes probably Bi. I mean he grew up on Tatooine, beggar's can't be chooser.
>>
>>82295546
The definitive answer could be in Bloodlines, I think.
>>
>>82295586
That one fallen Jedi who also had two children, both of them ended up saving the galaxy and redeeming said fallen Jedi.

The thing that Jedi and Sith will never understand is love.
>>
>>82291868
>Its the very first one, before anything you've ever seen in the Star Wars universe

>Disney is really pushing the "Prequels never happened" thing.

I think he literally means in relation to the Originals, what with A New Hope having essentially started everything. Disney's not pushing any anti-Prequel agenda. You're either misinterpreting or projecting
>>
>>82295651
I was sarcastic :^)
>>
>>82295588
Tell that to Mark Hamill.
>>
>>82295584
Exactly.

I'm hoping after Ep8 they back off a bit. I get why they did this for ep7, because there wasn't too much of a story. More of a rehashing to get people back into the groove of OG Star Wars.

If anything the PT did one thing right, it didn't rely heavily on aux material like the new movies seem too. Yeah there was odd shit like Grievous coming out of no where, but they had to heavily advertised Clone Wars cartoon as an inbetween. But the vast majority of the story was told through the movie.

Im reading the novelization of RoTS right now, and its not too different than the movie. Just more internal dialogue, more character interaction, and a bit more imagery than the movie. But it doesn't stray too much to explain why things are happening.
>>
>>82295588
I wouldnt mind Luke being gay, but hes not. I mean the whole movie basically started because he got a chub for Leia.
>>
File: 1459805507022.jpg (15 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
1459805507022.jpg
15 KB, 600x306
>>82295641
Obi-Wan loved, you know.
>>
>>82295764
He was just humoring those projecting faggots.
>>
https://youtu.be/s4lyelymLac
>>
>>82295338
>Surely he'd have known talking about that might've compromised his sisters efforts.

Wouldn't telling your students that you are the son of, as >>82294851 put it, "one of the greatest mass murderers in galactic history" compromise his own position with his students?

I mean suppose you go to a priest to study under and train to become a priest yourself, for the record I have no idea how one becomes a priest, and then you find out he's the offspring of one of the biggest satanists in history. You might want to find another priest to study under or become a satanists yourself if you're a fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.