[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shittiest character arc in Homestuck next to manlet 2.0 >was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 140
File: vriska tantrum blank.gif (7 KB, 91x103) Image search: [Google]
vriska tantrum blank.gif
7 KB, 91x103
>shittiest character arc in Homestuck next to manlet 2.0
>was supposed to be a parody of a mary sue
>became a mary sue after post-retcon
>is guaranteed to permadie, because she bullied her pre-retcon version who died

What's the purpose of this character? To make us mad?
>>
She's a plot device for the retcon
>>
>>81693435
>what not to do with your character(s) 101

seriously a lesson can be learned here and i didnt even need to do shit to learn it
>>
>>81693435
>Karkat
>shitty character arc
>>
>>81693538
toby succeeded because he learned from hussie's fuckups.
>>
>>81694044
His arc was decent, but did go to shit post-cascade and especially post-retcon.
>>
>>81693435
If she was designed to make us mad then boy howdy is it working for me. I can't see her on screen any more without frowning.
>>
>>81693435
>best troll is best at trolling irl readers of the comic
whod have thunk it?
>>
>>81693435
How exactly is she a Mary Sue post-retcon? Sure in Hivebent she might have powerleveled and become THE B8ST at everything but by the time we get to the reunion, no one likes her, not the characters or the audience and she's pretty much useless. She hasn't played any part of the story or ending so far, other then hold onto the Juju.

She seems like a pretty thoroughly deconstructed Mary Sue to me, like Jade except rather then losing powers and relevance Vriska got brought back just so she could be shit on and have all her build up and plans amount to nothing.
>>
>>81694184
>by the time we get to the reunion, no one likes her,
No one dislikes her as much as they should, because she inexplicably "gets the job done", even though all the characters have been previously capable of all the things Vriska did in the Vriskagram. They had to suddenly become retarded for three whole years just to make her relevant.
>>
where were you when davekat was confirmed canon?
https://vine.co/v/iIaLbvbuEJZ
>>
>>81694230
I'm pretty sure they all know and acknowledge she's a psychopath but put up with it because they have better things to do. They only tolerate her out of apathy.

The only shitty part was Terezi because her entire arc was undone and she went back to being Vriska's Gurlcock-slave. What was the point of John writing "You don't need him" when later she'd go "Ablooabloo I NEED Vriska", it was kind of harrowing to see.
>>
>>81694230
Headcanon: trolls and humans become retarded when in proximity of eachother for long periods of time. That's why John, Jade, and Davesprite weren't ruined by the 3 years.
>>
File: EMa3VWtwOuM8B-dieWu4fA.png (105 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
EMa3VWtwOuM8B-dieWu4fA.png
105 KB, 500x325
>>81693435
>shittiest character arc in Homestuck next to manlet 2.0
what? She got three arcs, each with different lessons.
> was supposed to be a parody of a mary sue
what? are you reading some other comic like Hoemstick by Androw Hassie?
> became a mary sue after post-retcon
sure. but saying "after post-" tells me you aren't thinking clearly. it's too early to be this drunk, Anon.
> guaranteed to permadie
mmmmm no. But the last two updates are hinting that Vriska won't get a happy ending.
>>
>>81694289
Probably at home, like now, relaxing somewhere 3 years ago?
>>
>>81694293
Except John Jade and Davesprite were ruined during the three years.
>John became moody and threw tantrums so hard he passed out
>Davesprite became moody and suicidal or whatever
>Jade was all "muh is sad boyfriend that makes me sad :( "
>>
>>81694313
>Davesprite became moody and suicidal or whatever

Was Davesprite ever happy?
>>
>>81694313
Don't think so bro, they were always that way.
Now Davesprite merging with Nepeta, THAT kinda took a huge dump on his character, and pretty much ruined his Arc completely.

Remember how Hussie ranted about Super-Mario powerup stars and how shortcuts and tricks ruin someone's personal growth? Well getting merged a frivolous Catgirl just to cheer Davesprite up was a HUGE glowing star. He didn't have to overcome or do anything, whereas you look at Dave and Dirk actually talking it out and trying to solve their emotional dilemmas. It's just a really cheap and crappy way to ruin any investment.
>>
>>81694313
That's just regular puberty, not meteor induced autism
>>
>>81694425
It was like the white Tanuki suit
>>
>>81694329
When he merged with Nepeta because that's how character writing works obviously.

>>81694425
>Don't think so bro, they were always that way.
John could get temperamental but it wasn't his default setting, Jade didn't even have a boyfriend she just had hope for the future.

>Now Davesprite merging with Nepeta, THAT kinda took a huge dump on his character, and pretty much ruined his Arc completely.
What did you think his arc was? His arc was, "I'm less important because I'm not the alpha Dave what do I do with myself". The Nepeta thing, while cheap, doesn't actually ruin his arc, because it actually addresses it directly by making him cosmically aware of all of his selves and making him know they're all equally valid because something something something greater self something something something.
>>
File: 1399681468966.png (11 KB, 163x168) Image search: [Google]
1399681468966.png
11 KB, 163x168
>>81694446
There really isn't any difference besides, possibly, your personal preferences.
>>
>>81694290
This was addressed before Remem8er. She needed DA BOYS before the retcon, she needs Vriska post-retcon. Well, she has always needed Vriska. The thing is that she always needed somebody because she was incomplete, but that somebody was herself, and she did it when she was able to REMEMBER.

I expect that this will be developed if we get more dialogs. God I hope we do.
>>
>>81694498
"Remem8er" was so incoherent I can't believe it actually addresses anything, more like it possibly maybe sets up for stuff to get addressed later if Hussie feels like it.
>>
>>81694474
I mean sure that's great that he realized that, it fulfilled his arc and gave him the Courage to face Lord English. But still cheapened the arc because he didn't really struggle or earn it, he just kinda stumbled onto the realization that he wasn't useless via the Sprite^2's powers. I know that the pacing of these last hundred pages have been rushed and we're fasttracking towards the end but it was still kind of a sloppy cleanup for that thread.

But I suppose Davepta was mainly setup for the joke that was his reunion with AR. That's why we didn't get an entire setup segment like Dave and Dirk did.
>>
>>81693435
At least Vriska had an arc
Gamzee has always been pretty much the same
>>
>>81693435
>became a mary sue
I wouldn't say that, though she did magically fix everything by her sheer presence and that's pretty bullshit.

But yeah. Vriska is here for Hussie to experiment and troll his fanbase.
And since this is Hussie we're talking about he can't tell when he's taking a meme too far.
Nothing too surprising.
>>
>>81694514
The problem with the themes of the last Arc is, while repeated, they aren't pushed upfront and shoved thoroughly, we get them way too dispersed.

Davepeta's Lesson, Terezi's "Remem8er" Flash, Vriska's self-tirade, they're all part of the "Everyone's super important and plays a part even dead timeline dudes and other losers we don't get to see or hear from" spiel that insists the integrity of a character's persona is in multiple, and not confined to a single instance.

It just gets lost too easily in everything else he's trying to wrap up. Maybe he intended it that way as not to be heavy-handed, I don't know.
>>
>>81694521
>he didn't really struggle or earn it, he just kinda stumbled onto the realization that he wasn't useless via the Sprite^2's powers.
Yeah but in the end Davesprite is a relatively minor character so he's not going to get the same kind of focus as Dave or Dirk.
>>
>>81694313
remember when John was inconsolable because he found out fruit gushers were made by betty crocker?
remember when Davesprite got moody every time John implied he wasn't the real Dave?
remember when Jade...was asleep?
>>
>>81693435
Whats the point of homestuck?

Stop fucking reading it you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>81694425
I thought that was the point. Davesprite refused to grow for so long he got demoted to eternally content to die NPC
>>
File: 064da3d20-1.jpg (12 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
064da3d20-1.jpg
12 KB, 320x180
>>81694568
>stop reading it right before it ends
>>
>>81694535
>tfw gamzee might never get an arc
>>
>>81694552
>I wouldn't say that, though she did magically fix everything by her sheer presence and that's pretty bullshit.
The only things she fixed were the plot drawls, cause the meteor crew were wieners and couldn't take out Jade and Jane as quickly as she did.

Everyone else just sort of stumbled ass backwards with their own personal problems.
>>
>>81694565
Remember when you read posts in the thread that says stuff like >>81694474
>>
File: 03331_1.jpg (15 KB, 286x271) Image search: [Google]
03331_1.jpg
15 KB, 286x271
He had the looks

He had the seahorse

He had the blood

He had the cape

But still those stuck up beaches didn't lovve him

Man I didn't know 4Chan was a thing when /hsg/ was a thing. Please anons, fill me up with as much cancer of the Truest a Gentletrolls that you can.
>>
>>81694564
>Yeah but in the end Davesprite is a relatively minor character

I'm sure that was also part of the intended effect.
Giving him too much attention or development would hinge away from the angst he has about being minor and underdevelopment. So he's given a rather Static Arc at best.
>>
>>81694576
>Multiversity.pdf
>>
>>81694568
There's literally 11 pages left.
>>
File: DAVESPRITE.png (369 KB, 488x486) Image search: [Google]
DAVESPRITE.png
369 KB, 488x486
>>81694575
Can sprites "grow" ? they're game NPCs by nature. They're not protagonists because they can't be proactive.
>>
>>81694580
>The only things she fixed were the plot drawls
And stupid shit like everyone's personal problems. It's incredibly annoying that she's the one who stops Rose drinking. Kanaya already did that before the retcon, couldn't Hussie have just written the confrontation as happening at any point before the last possible minute to give her some sort of point?
>>
>>81694425
>Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make emotionally weak teenagers feel happier!
>>
File: 1352189906455.png (36 KB, 858x185) Image search: [Google]
1352189906455.png
36 KB, 858x185
>>81694591
What is this '/hsg/' you speak of
>>
So what about LE
>>
>>81694607
I think it's one of those challenges. If you struggle to grow despite becoming a sprite you get rewarded, if you give up, you stop mattering
>>
Do you think anyone will actually kill themselves on 4/13?
>>
>>81694614
>Vriska fixes Rose
>Keeps Gamzee in check
>Somehow fixes Terezi's insecurity problems
I think as dumb as that was, these overall weren't the "Biggest issues" in the story and reason they were Vriska'd was because we were fast tracking towards the end onto bigger and better things. So we could move towards a comic about defeating Cake Sea-Witches and saving ghosts from skull monsters, instead of more sensible arcs such as overcoming Alcoholism and whatnot.

Afterall wasn't Roxy forced to quit drinking by Circumstances too? The plot just moved them forward, often like how life does intervene.
>>
File: english portrait.png (471 KB, 1472x1142) Image search: [Google]
english portrait.png
471 KB, 1472x1142
>>81694632
what about him?
>>
>>81694672
>I think as dumb as that was, these overall weren't the "Biggest issues" in the story
Then Hussie shouldn't have written them in there, or had them resolved during the meteor trip.

But no they had to be there so he could say the timeline gets ruined and then force Vriska to revamp everything.
>>
File: herp_derp.jpg (52 KB, 736x712) Image search: [Google]
herp_derp.jpg
52 KB, 736x712
>>81694620
d'you happen to have a not-thumbnail version of that picture?
>>
hussie is a good writer who can craft clever dialogue and worked magic entertaining his fanbase for years, and eventually bit off more than he could chew after chewing like a horse on meth for years
>>
>>81694591
*grab2 you by the diick2* back the fuck off??!!
>>
I really hope he doesnt post act 7 at midnight again
>>
>>81694750
i hope he does so i can get shit drunk and cry
>>
>>81694719
What's Dipper supposed to be, a mage?
>>
>>81694690
The timeline didn't get ruined due to Rose's alcoholism or just Gamzee, it was a wide range of phenomenon that shit in the pot and those were the tip of the iceberg on the problems that doomed the session. All Vriska did was clean up some superficial clutter.

I really couldn't see her dealing with Aranea or )(ic fighting and rampaging through the session, hurling planets like in [S] Gameover. Nothing she did on the meteor could've helped that.
>>
>>81694750
I hope he does
>>
UPDATE
>>
I hate Ikimaru's art. It just looks so stiff for some reason.
>>
Update!
>>
>>81694767
>The timeline didn't get ruined due to Rose's alcoholism or just Gamzee, it was a wide range of phenomenon that shit in the pot and those were the tip of the iceberg on the problems that doomed the session. All Vriska did was clean up some superficial clutter.
If the clutter is superficial, then it shouldn't have been there in the first place, presented as non-superficial. Because I have no reason to think of it as "superficial clutter". It's JUST clutter, and no amount of retconning could clean it up, because it's always there, in the story, when you reread the story, you'll have to go through it, and watch it all get resolved in the laziest possible way.
>>
File: tumblr_nsljocPRIJ1t39h7xo1_500.png (144 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsljocPRIJ1t39h7xo1_500.png
144 KB, 500x560
>>81694719
Here you go.
>>
>>81694777
>>81694790

weak. Everybody here knows when the up8 hits.
>>
>>81694795
What an obtuse way of thinking. SOME problems are marginal, some are major and some obviously are essential. There are clutters relating to the plot and storytelling overall, and those that are more sub-textual and there to tell a more enriching story, but don't hinder or depend upon it.

The Seers have deep-seated insecurities. Rose because of her mom, Terezi because of herself, ect. That's why that 'clutter' exists, it informs us about the characters, exists as an obstacle to their growth and serves as a minor hiccup in progress. To say "These problems are minor so they shouldn't exist altogether" is asinine and antithetical to Homestuck operates. They were introduced, bludgeoned and then done away with, like most things in life, there's no need to dwell on them at all.
>>
File: neon_genesis_evangelion_cast.png (432 KB, 867x505) Image search: [Google]
neon_genesis_evangelion_cast.png
432 KB, 867x505
>>81694797
thank you
>>
File: 1459999717091.png (504 KB, 532x532) Image search: [Google]
1459999717091.png
504 KB, 532x532
>>81694624
>tfw I'll never really know
>>
>>81694726
Reading back over Act 6 in the last week or so, it doesn't actually get THAT bad, the story slows but once you get past the Alpha kid Segments it's smooth sailing.

The only reason it seemed so tenuous and drawn out is because it took us 3-4 years to slog through the end. It's like, 66% of the story's running time was used to tell the last third of the story.

If it was done as hastily as the earlier segments that fatigue wouldn't feel as pronounced. But it does read better archival rather than serially.
>>
did hsg at least like when tavros did the dance
>>
>>81694870
Shouldn't Gendo be Scratch?
>>
UPD8
>>
So here's a thought; We presume that the black hole that came out of Jack Engish's head is somehow linked to Earth, as it drew in most of LoTaK (containing Yaldabaoth), the Crowbar, and Gamzee. If so, what if Spades Slick returns later? He would also have been sucked in, and having survived the destruction of a universe, I don't see any reason why decapitation as a robot should be a reason to count him out.

Hell, he could use Caliborn's exile station later if he wants to show up in the alpha kid session.
>>
>>81694901
this was before doc scratch
>>
>>81694901
>tfw when Homestuck is the Evangelion of webcomics
Is 3rd Impact a form of the Scratch then? Are Angels just Denizens misplaced?
>>
you dont develop characters by plopping them all on a disc and having bad conversations. it leaves a shuddering sour taste, like meat from an animal I had never seen before was mixed into my meal.
>>
>>81694936
>Caliborn's SS was Spades Slick all along, having killed his doppelganger and taken his place
>>
>>81694949
You kinda do? By talking things out, how much simpler can you develop a character than that?
That was the Reunion anyway, something everyone forgets fans were waiting YEARS to see.
>>
>>81694885
This is what I thought when I reread in February.
On my first readthrough I though all the stuff post A6A5 was where it went bad. But really the first part of Act 6 is the worst bit (when it's just alpha kid and romance drama), and it picks up after that.

A6A6I5 is still pretty dull though, but the Vriska stuff is kind of dependant on how her story ends.
>>
>>81694907
Wrong time for updates, mate. Come back in 4 hours.
>>
>>81694850
>What an obtuse way of thinking.
Oh well fuck you too.

>The Seers have deep-seated insecurities. Rose because of her mom, Terezi because of herself, ect. That's why that 'clutter' exists, it informs us about the characters
The character study is worthless if you're not going to properly address the aspects of the characters that are brought up. "Oh they're insecure" well thanks for letting us know, but if you're going to just retcon those issues away, then so what? It undermines itself.

> They were introduced, bludgeoned and then done away with, like most things in life
This isn't life, it's a piece of fiction.
>>
>>81694972
I feel the Alpha session redux is by far the most obnoxious and unneeded part of the story. Why couldn't he have knocked out the entire session in one long segment like Hivebent? We didn't really need to see how they entered the medium or any of the slow dull introductions like we did. He could've even told them in a series of flashes like A6A4.

For that matter, we didn't really need to see any of the Gameover timeline. Just show [S] Gameover and John zapping in, some vague allusions, then cut to the other timeline that actually matters. It'd make things so much simpler to read through.
>>
>>81694964
We were expecting it, but we didn't expect it would be 60% shipping. There were great conversations that I loved, and while they still had shipping in them (they all had) it wasn't particularly prominente. But the rest was eeeeehhh.
>>
>>81695059
>Why couldn't he have knocked out the entire session in one long segment like Hivebent?
I think Huss overestimated how much time he needed to set up the cherubs via chats like he did the trolls, and to establish Betty Crocker as an actual villain on Earth
>>
>>81694579
He's gonna do the Whistles thing.
>>
>>81694936
>Spades Slick is rebuilt using Gamzee parts and spare robotics in Caliborn's lair
>>
>>81695031
Rose didn't "retcon" her insecurity away, the drinking was just an unfortunate side effect. She got over herself when she talked with Roxy and realized they both related to each other over drinking to their dead mums and don't need to compare and feel burdened by their parents anymore. That put a close on the sub Arc for her character and didn't need to be addressed anymore, because it served it's purpose.

>This isn't life, it's a piece of fiction.
>"We don't have character arcs Rose"
Not everything needs a hundred hours of introspection to wrap up, especially for stylized fictional characters. They're not, you know that right? Your entire notion of a symbolic character arc, coded through a cookie cutter narrative is inseparable from your notion that a naive vein of storytelling is the only way to go about things.

The characters are an end to themselves.
Not a means to something higher or another end, or an 'Arc' or whatever. Just them. This is like, Rose's entire pseudo-arc realizing this.

Basically what the hell do you want, Rose to go through a hundred pages of therapy session over her drinking and dead mother?
>>
>>81695137
>Rose didn't "retcon" her insecurity away, the drinking was just an unfortunate side effect.
It pretty much was. Rose had her insecurities, it had its effects, and then the retcon happened, so that all the effects were gone, and the insecurity can be safely wiped away by a single conversation that happens immediately after the retcon.

A character trait doesn't matter when its effects no longer exists.

>"We don't have character arcs Rose"
That's just a lame meta joke because obviously Dave doesn't know he's literally in a story. Anyone using this to excuse Hussie's poor character writing is just being as big a hack as he is.
>>
>>81695112
>The Whistles thing
Becoming>>81695131
a prostitute?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPozIS5cPk
>>
>>81695183
Shit didn't mean to reply
>>
>>81695178
She got over her drinking. That's it. She never stopped thinking about her mother or anything.

If Vriska hadn't been there she might have had a harder time reconciling with Roxy, assuming she's still drunk, but that's it. There wouldn't be greater story implications. And it would've been cleared out at that either way.

Maybe you were really hungering to see an angsty Drunkd Rose-Roxy convo similar to Dave and Dirks? But that's not what happened and it's not crucial to the plot.

>Anyone using this to excuse Hussie's poor character writing is just being as big a hack as he is.
I'm guessing you're one of those who are going to whine because Rose won't "Play the Rain" or dictate their narrative lives based on BKEW-level classpect theorizing.
>>
>>81695059
These are things that could be fixed if Homestuck had been thought out in advance more.

I think it was just chance that Act 5 worked as well as it did. It could easily have been like Act 6.
>>
>>81695238
What's wrong BKEW anon
>>
>>81695271
I see what you mean. According to IPGD he had the End of Act 6 in the work for 3 years now, and apparently has had the ending in mind since the beginning. I think this is a drawback to planning your story non-linearly, he was trying so hard to set up for the ending he had in mind and it dragged on because he was still stumbling to set all the right pieces in place the exact way he wanted, rather then taking the time to let an idea flourish organically.
>>
>>81695321
BKEW is wrong because he sets his theorizes on a pedestal and thinks entire character acts and destinies can be determined by a chart about Classpects that he made up.
>>
all the trolls are terrible characters and the comic was a billion times better before act 5
>>
>>81695325
The ending planned from the beginning might just be something like 'everyone leaves through the door to the new universe', since 'it creates a universe' was basically the only thing about sburb planned from the start.

The ending written 3 years ago was probably everything post-gigapause.
>>
>>81695238
>She got over her drinking. That's it. She never stopped thinking about her mother or anything.

A character trait doesn't matter when its effects no longer exists.

You're lost if you don't get that simple concept.
>>
File: flip the fuck out.gif (45 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
flip the fuck out.gif
45 KB, 500x323
REMEMBER THIS.

DAD CROCKER WILL RECOGNIZE JOHN AS A MAN, NOT HIS SON. AND THAT JOHN'S FATHER WOULD BE VERY PROUD OF HIM.
>>
File: FRGSHGJKNLMPQRTXCDSFHVB3.jpg (2 MB, 1714x4715) Image search: [Google]
FRGSHGJKNLMPQRTXCDSFHVB3.jpg
2 MB, 1714x4715
>>81694632
HE'S JUST ANOTHER POINT WHY EQUARA IS WORTHLESS ABUSIVE JOKE SHIP
>>
>John gets to reunite with his father
>Rose does not get to reunite with the Roxy that raised her
>>
>hussie forgot about Erisolsprite
>hussie forgot about DD and CD
>>
>>81695571
That isn't his dad. Technically that's John's son.
>>
>>81695580
Just like he forgot about the skeleton army right :^)
>>
>>81695508
Rose's alcoholism was never a "Character trait", it was a symptom of a greater problem, a trait of 'Mommy issues'. When she resolved it the earlier symptom was irrelevant.
>>
>>81695580
I don't think a single CD is still alive
>>
>>81695580
>hussie forgot about the second arquius and jaspers
>>
>>81695589
>Reunite with your son/half-brother/father

It doesn't matter whether dad was born from Jane or John, he is always dad.
>>
>>81695580
>Hussie forgot about Aranea
>And Mituna
>And Kurloz who was going to deliver the Cairo overcoat to LE
such is the life of a hack
>>
I feel incredibly guilty for asking this, but since Homestuck will end without ever acknowledging my otp's relationship ever again, would someone do me a favor, and draw Jade and Karkat in the Disciple and Signless's outfits? The dog tier ears should function as Jade's version of the Disciple's horns. I would like to ask for them holding hands and possibly blushing. A sketch is fine and much appreciated; if you decide to add color, the green on the Disciple outfit should change to match Jade's shade, and I would request delicious brown Jade. Finally, I would prefer if they were of equal height or if Jade were slightly taller.

Thank you to anyone who considers filling my last request, and I'm willing to write fic (sadly, no visual artistic talent) in exchange. Again, a sketch is fine; I'm not really expecting anything.
>>
>>81695620
Did the comic ever state whether Dad was even Nanna's biological son or if he was adopted?
>>
>>81695630
>holding hands
>blushing

grammar won't fool me, caliborn
get the fuck out
>>
>>81695644
It is never made explicit. I think it may be implied that he is adopted but I'm not 100% on that.
>>
>>81695458
but the trolls are introduced in act 4
>>
File: 01067.gif (46 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
01067.gif
46 KB, 650x300
>>
File: tumblr_nne28sNTj91r9ee9go3_1280.png (513 KB, 800x1167) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nne28sNTj91r9ee9go3_1280.png
513 KB, 800x1167
Posting this again because I am karezi trash.

But I would have taken Homestuck without the trolls. Like, just have made it last till Act 5 with Bec Noir as the final boss.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>post yfw Jack has do the paperwork of can town as punishment
>>
>>
>>
>>81695723
I think I'd be less annoyed if it wasn't for Homestuck becoming this complete clusterfuck with Act 5 and 6.

If the trolls got their own seperate story, everythinf would probably make a lot more sense.
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>>81695723

>we will never get Bec Noir vs Rose, John, Dave and Jade

Christ. This whole comic is just an undending missed opportunity.
>>
>>81695772
Or perhaps if the trolls would have just switched into the A1 session and not travel to A2 at all.

But I think the existence of A2 is brought up too early for that.
>>
File: 1377915427527.jpg (59 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
1377915427527.jpg
59 KB, 700x300
>>81695553
What if Jane's Dad shakes his hand and palms a dadly note?
>>
>>81695723
I'm one of those who got into Homestuck FOR the trolls and they were a pretty massive disappointment. I was hoping they were more like the Felt or Midnight crew shenanigans, basically being murderous sociopaths trying to outwit each other and causing chaos everywhere as antagonist.

Instead of turning out to be loud, romance obsessed wienies and crazies.
>>
>>81695768
>Everyone gets to be happy in the new timeline
Except your former moirail
Remember him karkat
You fuck
>>
>>81695838
>I'm one of those who got into Homestuck FOR the trolls
You got what you deserve tbqh.
>>
upd8 when
>>
>>81695850
Psychotic clown murderers get no sympathy, rightly so.
>>
>>81695862
3 to 6 hours
>>
>>81695711
>act 4
Weren't they first introduced in act 3?
>>
>>81695898
Wouldn't google be able to answer your question?
>>
I got into Homestuck at the end of 2013, shortly after the start of the Gigapause. It was already past its peak in terms of popularity I guess, but I figured it a good moment to read it and finally judge it for myself after treating it with indifference and contempt simply based on hearsay, seeing HSG and reports of an obnoxious fanbase till then.

Back then I thought that the next update would also be my last, according to Hussie. But nope. I got my serial reader experience and the Omegapause.
>>
>>81695711
>but the trolls are introduced in act 4
HI AGAIN IDIOT
>>
>>81694901
Considering his relationship with Rei who is Aradia, Gendo should be Equius
>>
>>81695922
I too did the same. It's kinda sad, knowing I missed most of the crazy stupid fandom shit.
>>
>>81695929
So Doc Scratch right?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 545x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 545x451
>>81695928
oh nooooooo
>>
File: 1440045930.furchild_redraw.png (318 KB, 567x936) Image search: [Google]
1440045930.furchild_redraw.png
318 KB, 567x936
Alright Homestuck Thread, it's time. Pick a character. Got one? Good.
Pick out a new Gender for them: http://nonbinary.org/wiki/Xenogender#Cosmicgender
http://nonbinary.org/wiki/Neurogender#Fascigender

Post back your results.
>>
File: i dont even know this kid.jpg (12 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
i dont even know this kid.jpg
12 KB, 384x256
>>81696006
how about no
>>
>>81695967
If you have Yui be the Handmaid then Doc. If you have her be alive!Aradia, then Equius.
>>
update
>>
UPD8
>>
File: 2.png (119 KB, 414x477) Image search: [Google]
2.png
119 KB, 414x477
UPDATEEEEE
>>
>>81696318
>>81696321
>>81696322
Oh shit you're serious
>>
>>81696318
>>81696321
>>81696322

Well, where is it?
>>
>>81696318
>>81696321
>>81696322
LIES
>>
So how long will act 7 be
>>
>>81696455
7 year long flash
>>
>>81696455
Two (2) pages
>>
>>81696455
As long as your dick, AKA very short.
>>
Leakerbro here

endgame shipping list

John/Roxy
Dave/Karkat
Rose/Kanaya
Vrisrezi red
Jake/Dirk
Jane gets fucked over
Jasprose/Davepeta
Jade/GCTavsprite

epilogue ships:
(Dave)/(Jade)
(Jane)/(Jake)
No Karezi, (Terezi) ships (Karkat) and (Vriska) together

Also Hussie will show several dreambubble ghost couples like an alternative Knight of Blood Karkat with a Feferi, referencing his twitter shitpost for declaring Karkat/Feferi as endgame. Oh, and our boy (Tavros) gets to win the pre-retcon Kanayabowl.
>>
File: full tavros dance.gif (99 KB, 116x150) Image search: [Google]
full tavros dance.gif
99 KB, 116x150
>>81694895
Pretty much everybody had a positive reaction, IIRC. It doesn't seem to be on desustorage, but I can try and dig through my saved threads if you'd like.

>>81695713
It's just another recipe for the Warhammer of Zillyhoo you pooplord.
>>
>>81696487
>our boy (Tavros) gets to win the pre-retcon Kanayabowl.
come on can you at least try to make your lies believeable
>>
>>81696450
I almost checked, thanks anon for saving me from getting got
>>
>>81695112
whitsles thing?
>>
>>81696464
Never because he realized he was writing trash
>>
2 days
>>
>>81696487
>Jake/Dirk
>Jane gets fucked over
Fuck no, that goes against how the story went so far.
>Jasprose/Davepeta
Yeah, no, that's Incest.
>>
>>81696476
Fuck man why you make me feel bad i know my peepee is short and i cant do shit about it
>>
>>81696502
>Kanaya ends up with a boy
S O C I A L S U I C I D E
O
C
I
A
L

S
U
I
C
I
D
E
>>
File: whistles.png (52 KB, 1340x162) Image search: [Google]
whistles.png
52 KB, 1340x162
>>81696512
from hussie's formspring
>>
These last few updates have been atrocious, I cant see myself ever again reading this comic unless Hussies about pull something insanely good.
>>
File: FRGSHGJKNLMPQRTXCDSFHVB2.jpg (2 MB, 1714x4715) Image search: [Google]
FRGSHGJKNLMPQRTXCDSFHVB2.jpg
2 MB, 1714x4715
>>81696487
YOU'RE MISSING THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE AGAIN NEREVAR
>>
>>81696562
50% incest
25% bestiality
50% pedo
25% xeno
>>
A week or so ago, someone was linking the commentaries that Huss did for the books as a google doc. Does anyone have the Problem Sleuth commentaries or know if they are worth reading?
>>
>>
So, if papers hasn't seen Act 7(she said she needed to be sent a screenshot of it for reference for the lilypad scene) who drew it? She's done the thumbnails for basically everything.
>>
>>81695874
Gamzee only killed 2 people
Vriska killed way more than that
>>
File: poseasateam.gif (173 KB, 950x808) Image search: [Google]
poseasateam.gif
173 KB, 950x808
I finished it.
>>
>>81696738
hussie
>>
>>81696738
>who drew it
Hussie
>>
>>81696757
You forgot Pre-retcon Karkat
>>
>>81696766
DD looking particularly JOJO there
>>
>>81696601
oooh
thanks
>>
>>81696738
Most likely Hussie sent instructions to every participating artist that don't reveal the whole picture to the artist, like he did with EOA6.

That is if A7 is actually loaded with guest art.
>>
>>81696793
Still, Vriska killed way more than three
Somebody post the panel of her and the ghosts
>>
>>81696777
>>81696779
Yeah right.
>>
File: 1459466378564.png (271 KB, 800x845) Image search: [Google]
1459466378564.png
271 KB, 800x845
>>
>>81696779
>>81696777
Wish your trips were for truth, but I doubt it. If we get any more Hussie art in the comic it will probably only a be for a problem slueth style page at the end.
>>
>>81696644
And One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name
>>
>>81696766
Damn, that's pretty cool. Great job with the poses and colors!
Droog's pink tie is a nice touch, and so are Boxcars's red clothes.
>>
Post crackships or your fav OTPs that will never happen. I blame Nepeta for making me give a shit about shipping and cuckolding me for 6 years. Yeah, I am Vriskat trash.

I cant wait for Homestuck to be finally over.
>>
>>81696834
The issue if those 3 people were friends of the cast, Vriska's victims were just random Flarpers. She's still a monster, don't get me wrong but in this instance the clown gets off worse.
>>
>>81696874
Gamzee X Whistles
>>
>>81696874
Neprezi
>>
>>81696681
>oh this is so cute-
>fucking hell

>>81696757
so did terezi, and eridan, and sollux assuming him using baby gubs to power his computer was bad for them (or at least abusive)

murder is a norm there, its acually culture
>>
>>81696818
I think it'll probably be a game, or something else interactive. ipgd seemed to imply it was something different, at least. 'you'll shit your pants' isn't exactly the reaction to a regular flash.
>>
>>81696874
Tavrosprite/Happiness
>>
>>81696919
It could also just be hyperbole. She admitted to shilling. Which I argue HS has no need but whatever.

Oh, what a surprise, she is tweeting about how davekat is endgame canon and how johnkat and johndave sucks.

I have a feeling it might be facetious.
>>
File: 1375111925575.png (211 KB, 720x612) Image search: [Google]
1375111925575.png
211 KB, 720x612
>>81696874
always and 5ever
>>
"HS is supposedly a story that is also a game. In games, the characters die all the time. How many times did you let Mario fall in the pit before he saved the princess? Who weeps for these Marios. In games your characters die, but you keep trying and trying and rebooting and resetting until finally they make it. When you play a game this process is all very impersonal. Once you finally win, when all is said and done those deaths didn’t “count”, only the linear path of the final victorious version of the character is considered “real”. Mario never actually died, did he? Except the omniscient player knows better. HS seems to combine all the meaningless deaths of a trial-and-error game journey with the way death is treated dramatically in other media, where unlike our oblivious Mario, the characters are aware and afraid of the many deaths they must experience before finally winning the game."

What did Hussie mean by this?
>>
>>81696874
rose/mituna
>>
File: 1460119608518.png (15 KB, 556x277) Image search: [Google]
1460119608518.png
15 KB, 556x277
>>81696990
It means that Hussie declared post-retcon Karkat and Vriska as shitty characters.
>>
>>81696990
fuck off
>>
>>81697043
So Karkat IS aware about (Terezi)'s changes.
>>
File: image.png (347 KB, 412x362) Image search: [Google]
image.png
347 KB, 412x362
>>81696990
He means he likes to kill off his characters and replace them with near-identical clones, and that we aren't actually supposed to care about them.
>>
One problem with the "villain" trolls was that I didn't really see them as these really REALLY evil people. Both Gamzee and Eridan just seemed manipulated. Even Eridan didn't really FEEL like Hitler reborn who wishes to kill all landwellers and when he was, it just felt like a joke. The tone is too silly and ligh hearted in places, we got Rose talking to Gamzee after he killed people and took their bodies and while he seemed crazy, I didn't really get the feeling that "oh damn this dude is evil, he wishes that everyone would just die and doesnt even regret killing his friends at all!". He just seemed tired and I could easily see him being sorry if confronted. Equius getting strangled just felt like he was, like, killed. Instead of this disgustisting asphyxiation fetish creep death Hussie kept talking about. The only one I really hated for doing what they did was Vriska because she acted rude, was an asshole and a bully. I didn't see Gamzee laughing about fooling everyone and shit talking karkat for trusting him and being pathetic failure so I just got the vibe he wasn't in his right mind.
>>
Are people unironically believing there will be Homestuck 2.0?
>>
Would you read a Homestuck Remastered?
>>
>>81697097
Yes
>>
>>81697097
No
>>
>>81696921
You fucking deviant
>>
>>81696919
I shitted my pants for EOA6 though
>>
File: 1446740887960.webm (650 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446740887960.webm
650 KB, 640x360
>>81696990
He's trying to compare the deep Mario lore to Homestuck's.
>>
>>81697097
maybe
>>
>>81697095
>Villains are only villains if they're mean and subscribe to a very strict set of guidelines
>They aren't evil unless they're "mwahaha"ing like jackasses and acting like a Disney evildoer
>>
>>81697103
sure
>>
What happened to Feferi and Eridan's bodies
They were never prototyped so they stayed in the fridge
But in Collide they're gone and only Gamzee is in there
Did he eat them or something
Hussie you hack
>>
>>81697103
No, you should never have read the original in the first place
>>
>>81696681
this is by that vodkamutini artist we were bashing a few months ago.

with the degredation of her art.
>>
>>81697173
They were never put in the fridge in the first place, jackass
>>
>>81697097
I dont know, can you repeat the question
>>
>>81697103
No
>>
>>81697097
Dante confirmed it
>>
>>81697097
Dante Basco is trying his hardest to get a Homestuck flick made.

Why he's wasting his time with this shit, I don't know.
>>
File: 1442954165493.png (103 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
1442954165493.png
103 KB, 500x679
>Karkatfags are not satisfied
>Vriskafags are not satisfied, despite Terezi sucking their character's dick
And (Tavros) still got the better arc.

Justice.
>>
>>81695774
I miss fitz
>>
>>81697103
Yes, definitely. But not like this. >>81697097
Not like this.
>>
>>81697247
>becomes independent and then a weak contrarian idiot

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>81697233
bacause he has nothing going on right now
>>
File: 1303625649239.gif (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1303625649239.gif
11 KB, 400x400
>Suddenly, Slick comes into the timeline via pulling his pin out of the voodoo doll from an alternate timeline
>>
predict hussies next series plot
>>
>>81697193
Yeah they were, that's why someone mentions opening it so they can prototype Fef to revive her since they had a free sprite. Or maybe that was Nep, I dunno
>>
>>81697097
I'd watch a Homestuck film.
I would prefer it to be a loose adaptation though. As it is the story wouldn't really work in anything other than the mspa format.
>>
>>81697300
die had the doll during a timespace jump in collide, and we don't see the doll end up with caliborn and gamzee like the crowbar did, so maybe die has the midnight crew pins too.
>>
>>81695774
>tfw no SBURB on PC
>>
>>81697163
That's some thought provoking shit right there.
>>
>>81697302
>You continue to be one of the best Problem Sleuths in the city.
>>
>>81697313
But if there was a movie he'd have to do some new meta shit. Like having a guy dressed up a John just doing whatever shit in the theater at certain parts of the movie
>>
>>81697097
Dante Basco does, at the very least. Maybe it was just an idea of his, who knows.

>>81697103
Only if it's completed. Otherwise there's no way I'm getting on this ride again.

>>81697247
>There are people who think (Tavros)'s arc didn't matter because he let Meenah have her fun and do the one thing he didn't like
His arc's payoff wasn't as big as it could have been, but it was still nice - better than literally every other troll's, for sure.
>>
>>81697355
>better than literally every other troll's, for sure.
Terezi still exists
>>
>>81697303
that was nep, which became nepetasprite, then shoke hands with davesprite
>>
im the only one who thinks that midnight crew was better than homestuck?
>>
A Homestuck film would be a commercial failure
Normalfags would watch like twenty minutes of John fucking around his house before they would lose intrest
I doubt they would even understand the time bullshit of The Felt
>>
>>81697395
You mean Problem Sleuth right?
>>
>>81697313
thered be too much dialogue and the story would be all over the place cramming as much as it could into one movie just like batman v superman all over again and itd be like 3 hours long
no thanks
>>
>>81697354
>Like having a guy dressed up a John just doing whatever shit in the theater at certain parts of the movie
And they won't even have to hire anybody to do that at the première.
>>
>>81697399
people often like shit they dont get
>>
>>81697313
show? perhaps
movie? highly unlikely
>>
>>81697399
imagine donnie darko except funny.

that would be homestuck. overrated, normalfags pretend to understand it, but it has a cult following anyway.
>>
>Lord english gets final blow by living spades slick's cyborg head that was flying around at this moment
calling it
>>
File: dem hips.png (112 KB, 400x468) Image search: [Google]
dem hips.png
112 KB, 400x468
hips
>>
File: 1460015020449.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1460015020449.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>81697399
>>
>>81697492
STOP SEXUALIZING THE DOG GIRL YOU SICK FUCK
>>
>>81697515
But the dog girl is widely agreed both in comic and out of comic to be for sexual
>>
>>81697399
I dunno about that man. Watching a kid fuck around in his house can be entertaining. Like the Home Alone movies.
>>
File: showgirl jade.jpg (549 KB, 781x1149) Image search: [Google]
showgirl jade.jpg
549 KB, 781x1149
>>81697515
Breeding
duties
>>
>>81697515
that's all that she's good for though
>>
>>81697515
dog girl is made to be sexualised
>>
>>81697515
>not screwing the pooch
>not fucking the dog
>not banging the hound
>not making love to the puppy
>>
>>81697541
Jade's cute, cute nose.
>>
File: Jade[306].png (21 KB, 646x451) Image search: [Google]
Jade[306].png
21 KB, 646x451
>>81697515
>>
File: dag.png (317 KB, 470x886) Image search: [Google]
dag.png
317 KB, 470x886
>>81697567
Jade's cute everything
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 140

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.