[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, this is a second part of the spoiler/movie discussion after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 20
So, this is a second part of the spoiler/movie discussion after BvS Mexico Premiere.

Today is the NY Premiere, so please discuss everything in this topic.

Apparently the Mexican crowd went wild about the movie, what do you think so far after reading spoilers ?
>>
Watched the movie. It's a solid 9/10

Batter than the dark knight and avengers.

THANK YOU BASED TERRIO
>>
>>80922217
any pictures which would give you credibility ?
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 700x714
>>80922188
All these spoilers are bullshit. There were two different threads about BvS spoilers and they contradicted each other. Just wait until Tuesday, fags.
>>
Saw it too.

Meh.

7/10.

Not better than TDK or TWS. On par with the first Avengers.
>>
>>80922288
No, they didn't.

And that's beside the point, legit spoilers were posted with actual proof.

Let go of your denial.
>>
I saw it as well.

It's worse than MoS, I predict 40% on rt

also screencap this
>>
I saw it too.

I'd rate it somewhere between Age of Ultron and The Winter Soldier.
>>
I saw it too.

Great movie. I predict +90% on rt
>>
I saw it too.

I'd rate it somewhere between AoU and Winter Soldier.
>>
I saw it too, my dad is zack snyder's boyfriend.

overall 5/10, not enough memes

doritos stole the show, best performance of the movie
>>
I saw it.

I'd say it's between The Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron in terms of quality
>>
>>80922188
I also saw it in Beanland.

I'm calling 110% on RT, Terrio's a genius.
>>
robins ?
>>
>>80922495
I saw it too.

Yes, Dick, Jason, Tim all show up at the Batcave for the awkward thanksgiving scene.
>>
>>80922468
So somewhere between great and dog shit, that's a pretty big margin.
>>
>>80922495
Saw it.
Jason Todd is Red Hood. Dick Grayson is the Joker. Tim is Batgirl. Damian is inside Talia.
>>
>>80922495

Dick is mentioned (he's alive)

Jason is indirectly mentioned (he's dead)

No Tim mention.

No physical appearance of any Robin.
>>
>>80922188
Mexicans are always wild.
They literally eat tacos meters away from Dead bodies and dont give a fuck. Also mexicans have terrible taste in media in general so you can't trust them. I'm waiting for real reviews and not comments from a retard.

t. mexican
>>
>>80922587
stay safe mexic-anon, don't get your head cut off
>>
>20 replies
>15 ips

are you new here
>>
File: kekekes.jpg (149 KB, 764x1019) Image search: [Google]
kekekes.jpg
149 KB, 764x1019
Didn't realize the other thread was on red numbers already. I just got backup if anyone has questions, happy to fuck off and drop the trip if you'd guys I rather do that.
>>
>>80923775

Does Batman really behave like Trump?
>>
>>80923775
What's it like to live in Mexico?
>>
>>80923775
out of 10?
>>
>>80923775
how long do they spend fighting doomsday?
>>
>>80923803
Affleck spoke terrible spanish and told the audience we were the best audience ever. Pandery and cringeworthy as fuck. Batman never builds a wall, but Superman does get touched by a bunch of mexicans during day of the dead in Juarez, which did look legit like how mexicans react to religious symbols?

>>80923809
It's not bad. When you work for a multinational company that gives away premiere tickets to entire departments so often that just about everyone gives them away to friends and family.

>>80923848
7.5? An 8 if you're really into it?

And yeah, we are calling it Batman vs Superman down here. http://www.cinepolis.com/pelicula/batman-vs-supermanel-origen-de-la-jus
>>
>>80923884
How would you rate MoS? (a couple of Marvel movies and the DK trilogy if you're not busy as well)
Was your screening in Spanish or English?
Any Robin/ Bat rogues references?
>>
>>80923884
>Superman does get touched by a bunch of mexicans during day of the dead in Juarez, which did look legit like how mexicans react to religious symbols?

Nah, that was a "white man in mexico" escene
>>
>>80923966
Oh, to get kinda where my mindset and enjoyment of cape movies go? That makes sense.

MoS: 7, Begins: 8, TDK: 9.5: Rises: 8.
English with subtitles.
You get to see the Robin suit with spraypaint on, then when confronting Diana while undercover, Bruce says that in his life he has dealt with many women just like her and she replies that she is sure none were really like her at all. That's it.
>>
>>80924108
>Begins and Rises on the same level
>TDK better tham Begins

Yeah, I can't trust your judgment.
>>
>>80924108
Thanks for answering my questions, Mexibro.
>>
>>80924172
That's fair man, I don't really believe any reviews or opinions are ever relevant to anyone else. Putting numerical scores on subjective matters just doesn't strike me as a thing worth doing.

I've been trying to simply describe scenes and give answers in my posts here >>80915363 to avoid that, even if I do sound jaded and like an asshat half of the time but that's how I just generally sound.

>>80924188
Happy to.
>>
File: bazzman.jpg (80 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
bazzman.jpg
80 KB, 720x1280
>Those goddamn morons who kept saying that WB didn't let the ill child see the movie
>They did, but they just never made it a publicity stunt
This movie is literally a BTFO machine
>>
Were those pictures that released spoilers or not?
>>
>>80924108
And what were the reactions after the screening ? So far everything seems positive, but there are some Anons that are really negative after reading synopsis.
>>
>>80924260
Based actually.
>>
>>80924247
hey thanks for your thread earlier now we can look forward to more threads like this from now on
>>80922628
>>
>>80924247
Does it live up to 3 years of hype
>>
>>80924342
I don't know if that's admonishing or praise.
>>
>>80924337
Right? Even when the traditional tumblr reactionaries starting ragging on them they said literally nothing.
>>
>>80924372
Thanks for answering our questions !
>>
>>80924367
What could? You get a movie where Batman and Superman fight, a lot of worldbuilding happens, then you get a big fight with the trinity vs doomsday. If that's what you wanted, that's what you went!

If you're the kind to expect some sort of gamechanger, I personally didn't see it there.
>>
File: why not both.png (313 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
why not both.png
313 KB, 500x297
>>80924372
>>
>>80924405
You should do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because you can market how caring you are. Also if it was revealed that Bazz had seen the film his grieving family would have been inundated with questions about spoilers.

This is why I am not a marketing professional.
>>
>>80924521
Thanks Kal
>>
>>80924521
Thanks Ma. Good advice.
>>
So basically Batman kills because if he doesn't save martha supes will rule the world?
>>
Batman makes a Wall joke ?
>>
>>80924458
Any post credit stuff your willing to share? Also Does it make you wanting more in a good way not "I wish they could have done more"
>>
>>80922188

I heard the Mexicans are being inspired enough by this movie to cross the border and hunt for Trump. If they manage to kill Trump this movie will be the greatest in history I think.
>>
>>80924592
It actually struck me as a TDKR Batman who just went to the logical extreme, the property damage and possible deathcount is fucking nuts. At some points he seemed more like The Punisher.

>>80924615
No :^(

>>80924633
I didn't stay after the credits because the staff at the place said there was no postcredits and I'm clearly fucking retarded. There might be something? I personally want to see the rest of the movies, but I would have loved if the pacing of the worldbuilding was a bit more subtle and less like 'We have to do what Marvel did with ten movies in one or we're gonna get stuck behind in our stories forever'.

I personally don't find MoS' dark and broody tone that appealing, and this stays on the same road. It actually gets hopeful at the end and I'd love if they hung to that but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
why call th people Batman Trump?
>>
>>80924108
>MoS = 7
>BvS = 7.5

Heh, it's a straight up shit with slight improvement as expected. Well, thanks for saving my time, I will never watch this piece of shit.
>>
>>80924798

>people Batman

Zack Snyder's nutjob Batman will never be my Batman.
>>
>>80924727
>It actually gets hopeful at the end and I'd love if they hung to that but I'm not holding my breath.

Pretty sure Terrio said JL is going to have a more hopeful, redeeming tone.
>>
Is the embargo lifted tonight?
>>
>>80924727
A major problem of the Last movie was the death of thousands did they make an effort to save lives
>>
>>80924727
Terrio did confirm that Justice League is going to be lighter in tone.
>>
>>80924727
Thank you for answering honestly
>>
File: 1317809767526.png (148 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1317809767526.png
148 KB, 334x393
>>80924857
>basing your decision to see a movie off of one person's rating on 4chan
>>
>>80924260
>Child
He was a grown man
>>
>>80924857

>he rated it worse than Rises

yeah, not worth anyone's time
>>
>>80923775
How does the knightmare come into play, again? Is it a vision from Bruce? Is there a single part of the movie dedicated to it or does it show up multiple times in different scenes throughout the movie?
>>
>>80925016
This, just go watch the movie and see if it's shit for yourself
>>
File: 1458491490856.gif (1 MB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1458491490856.gif
1 MB, 500x208
I think this gif shows off the whole Batman outright and nonstop kills people in the movie. This sequence is not a one-off, it just never stops.

>>80924947
Here's hoping because I got the same feeling that I got after MoS, where I wanted to see Superman being the better of us, you know, something for mankind to aspire to and instead I felt like I saw a war movie?

>>80924980
During the MoS flashback, Batman is doing his best and risking his life to save innocents. When fighting criminals however, Batman is RUTHLESS. Clark seems to at least have learned from MoS cause the first thing he does with Doomsday is try to throw him into space, and while in the beginning Doomsday takes out a few city blocks, they then take the fight to an unpopulated area.

>>80925016
>>80925036
I'm an admittedly jaded anon, I wouldn't give weight to my own ratings since most likely we've got completely different tastes and life experiences. I am happy to factually answer questions about what happens if you'd like, and if that makes you not want to see it, or makes you want to see it, that would feel more valid for me?

>>80925056
It's a dream of Bruce that due to someone who shows up looking like Flash and telling Bruce 'You were right about him! Oh god, I'm too early! Find us Bruce, find us!' sounds like a vision. However, Wayne wakes up -again- immediately after seeing Flash in that weird timetravel suit coming from what looked like a boomtube
>>
>>80925036
The Mexican Ebert
>>
>>80925105
Rubber bullets
Hes fine
>>
>>80924963
tuesday
>>
>>80925118
Eberto?
>>
>>80925105
>I'm an admittedly jaded anon, I wouldn't give weight to my own ratings since most likely we've got completely different tastes and life experiences
too late any discussion about the movie is ruined forever
>>
File: Pepe Queen.png (82 KB, 1040x760) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Queen.png
82 KB, 1040x760
>>80925170
>>
>>80925170
Dude, a couple of days' time and the same would've happened nonetheless
>>
Does Batman really behave like Trump? Lots of people complaining about it. I've even seen it at Twitter.
>>
>>80923775
If Lex is forcing Supes to fight Batman to the death[\spoiler], why does he say "If I wanted you'd be death already?"
>>
>>80925209
I know I'm just kidding it's not like there were any decent discussions before this
>>
I'll probably enjoy it but it's not going to be my definitive league. It sounds like they're going for crazy Batman interpretation, which I always thought was stupid.

Maybe there will be some character growth (like Bruce was great until Jason (or whoever) died, then became more withdrawn and crazy, and now the league helps him become more human, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really don't mind Superman dying, it establishes that he's a true hero and willing to give his life for the planet. That and apparently he gets the killing blow on doomsday.
>>
>>80925250
I feel ya
>>
>Batman kills people
So he's inspired by golden age Batman?
Sweet.
>>
>>80925222
I've been following and supporting Trump's campaign and I personally didn't see any parallels.

>>80925239
You could make an argument that Superman is fighting to just incapacitate Batman so he can explain to him that Luthor has his mother hostage and he needs Bruce's help. but I would argue that immediately after disabling the sonice weapons Batman uses on him to begin with, Clark could have not started fighting and just literally stood there and explained what was going on to him, instead of charging at him and starting the long as fuck fight sequence.

>>80925295
Touche.
>>
>>80925282
I think that's what they were saying that the death of robin and the battle in metropolis made bruce go a little nuts
>>
>>80925295
Nah, he's inspired by "I don't really think of the implications when I come up with action scenes and just care about making them look cool"
>>
>>80925341
Maybe it was Dick that died. That would have a bigger effect in Batman than Jason dying.
>>80925315
>Being a Mexican who supports Trump
YOU'RE BETRAYING OUR PEOPLE!
I support him too
>>
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 994x616) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 994x616
Does all the Justice League setup feel really shoehorned or do they manage to do it organically within the story?
>>
>>80925350
die
>>
So this a movie for Batfags?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74 KB, 1280x810) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74 KB, 1280x810
Batman Trump wayne
>>
>>80925315
Maybe Superman thought incapasitating him and then explaining it would be faster then trying to reason with a crazy Bat-vigilante. Based off the trailer, Superman seems to think Batman is a crazy person so could that be the reason?
>>
>>80925462
The only people I've seen comparing him to Trump are reactionary SJWs.
>>
>>80925409
Batman and Wonderwoman are organic, but the teasers for the other three felt very much shoehorned in. Plus it felt like the main driving force for future solo movies would be finding Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman so mankind could be ready for whatever is coming. When Bruce tells Diana they have to find them, she asks why and he basically says he has a hunch.

>>80925449
I consider myself a big Batman fan and felt this was more for TDKR fans specifically. Brutal but super smart batman. Huge montage dedicated to Batman working out and showing how stronk he is while being a superscientist and making kryptonite smoke grenades, as well as cutting a meteorite (that he stole from Lex) with a high power laser to make it into a spear for fighting Supes.

>>80925498
I'll buy that, flimsy as they have had serious conversations earlier in the film, but I'll buy it.
>>
File: 1457471830540.jpg (175 KB, 750x726) Image search: [Google]
1457471830540.jpg
175 KB, 750x726
>>80925499

This will be some great months ahead.
>>
>>80925424
Seriously tho, random thugs with guns get explosions but then the "worst" criminals get the Batman sign branded on their skin as a reminder not to fuck up again? Doesn't really make sense
>>
Donald Trump went to the Iowa State Fair in his helicopter and gave kids free helicopter rides. One of the kids asked Mr. Trump if he was Batman. Trump replied, “I am Batman
>>
>>80925520
What was the conversation about
>>
>>80925449
it's a movie for Wonderfags

Everything so far makes it sound like both sides are given cool stuff.

But It sounds like Batman wins the final fight with kryptonite, but I'm sure Batfags will take that as a win like they did with TDKR. Though it sounds like they're going to fight multiple times, where Superman demolishes him on at least one occasion.

Also some people will interpret Superman dying as a bitch move, but I think it adds a layer of heroism to him.
>>
>>80925548
I thought the brand was so they would get fucked up in prison?
>>
>>80925525
I know of wish there was a separate board for capeshit even though I like being able to talk about this stuff with /co/. Capeshit just seems to attract more shitposting than most things.
>>
>>80922188
>mexicans getting wild

man dont you know we get wild over anything? were just so fucking bored
>>
Does anyone call Batman a big guy?
This is important
>>
How would you compare BvS to recent MCU movies like Ant-Man, AoU and Winter Soldier?
>>
>>80925673
Superman calls him that during their sex scene
>>
>>80925673
>This is important

for who ?
>>
>>80925520
Did it feel to crowded considering their trying to make 3 movies into one movie or was there a decent flow to it
>>
Cyborg introduction still bothers the fuck out of me. Mexibro. Was the reveal at least creepy? At least that, mang.
>>
>>80925520
Does Lex really inscribe "WITCH" on Martha's forehead and calls her the "mother of the demon"?
>>
>>80925548
It is repeatedly stated by both Alfred and Clark that the branding has crossed a line, as Bruce is aware anyone he brands and hands over to the cops is almost immediately killed by other inmates when thrown to prison. Alfred gives that 'turns men cruel speech' on that fact.

>>80925572
Basically debating the morals and concerns of having Batman and Superman exist in a world, each arguing that the other is wrong, as Clark and Batman. Later in the film Clark flat out tells unprepped Batman that he's letting him go as a mercy, and that he will stop him if he ever shows up again when the batsignal lights up. This prompts Bruce going 'Do you bleed?'

>>80925573
The fight sequence between them is predicated on Superman inhaling Kryptonite gas, getting his shit bashed in by Batman, recovering, then beating the shit out of Batman, back and forth til the spear is pulled out and Batman spares Superman.

>>80925673
No :(

>>80925694
I had more fun at those, but the tone is so dissonant that I have a very hard time comparing them. Maybe in the same way that Ant-Man is a good heist movie that happens to have superheroes, this is a brutal action/war movie that happens to have superheroes.

>>80925716
I personally feel like the pace suffered because of this. That and the fact that the Director relays a -ton- of information via flashbacks and 'visions'.

>>80925754
Very creepy. Vic screaming in agony, his dad looking like 'WHAT HAVE I DONE!?'
>>
File: some large dude.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
some large dude.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>80925714
>>
>>80925770
>No :(
Lost a ticket
>>
>>80925768
Yes and also says that witches should be killed with fire, but its clearly marker on her, and its only shownon polaroids (who the fuck still uses polaroids?) when Batman gets to Martha, she no longer has the writing on her forehead.
>>
>>80925770

Mercy really dies? Is there a possibility that she survived or something? Maybe with a robo arm?
>>
>>80925770
>Maybe in the same way that Ant-Man is a good heist movie

so, not at all

shit
>>
>>80925830
That is beyond weird. Why would he do that?
>>
People say that there is a part that takes place in Africa. Is that really Africa or they call it with another name, perhaps a place called Kahndaq?

Also about the alien ship in "Africa. Is that the other half of the World Engine or an entirely different alien ship?
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>80925830
I think Snyder may have gone too far in a few places.
>>
>>80925830
How was Lex btw, I don't think you've talked about the performance yet
>>
File: affleck_angel[1].jpg (32 KB, 450x378) Image search: [Google]
affleck_angel[1].jpg
32 KB, 450x378
>>80925105
Bin Aflecki strikes again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoJvI8XUa0
>>
>>80925841
What happened to Mercy in the movie would require legit superhuman durability to even survive. With a regular human being I would expect even dental records to be unrecoverable.

>>80925940
Lex spends the whole movie making the point that Superman is literally a demon, while paradoxically calling him God nonstop.

>>80925956
They basically misspell Namibia, to something like Nalibia or something like that. Not Kahndaq.

There is no other ship in Africa, you get a cut to 'somewhere in the indian sea' like in MoS where divers are fishing for kryptonian tech and materials.

>>80926000
You're correct, I haven't. I actually found the performance better than in the trailers. He's clearly unhinged, but he also has severe intellect based social issues. He fucks up talking in public and is clear that he's upset that people can't follow his train of thought so he's constantly correcting himself to try and dumb down his words and make it sure that lesser minds can understand him. If the actor was going for really smart but also absolutely fucking insane, he did it well.
>>
How is Gadot as Wonder Woman at least? Is she decent enough for her own movie or is she just le ebin mysterious warrior?
>>
>>80925940
Because he's edgy.

>>80925830
It's also been said Lex has an abusive father which fuels his hatred at superheroes and sends a signal to lure other alien invaders to Earth.

True?
>>
>>80926066

There is no other ship in Africa, you get a cut to 'somewhere in the indian sea' like in MoS where divers are fishing for kryptonian tech and materials.

So where the fuck does the kryptonite come from?
>>
>>80926066
Is the knightmare sequence also not in khandaq or do they just not say at all.

I assumed the place Lois got rescued from and the knightmare were one in the same, just different timelines.
>>
>>80926066
Mexibro, you've talked about your opinion on the movie, but what about the others that saw it with you? What was the general reaction, out of curiosity
>>
Mexibro, what is the difference between a burrito and a fajita?
Just the meat?
>>
>>80926066
Favorite part of the movie? Least favorite part of the movie? favorite/least favorite line? How bad will the shit posting be?
>>
So Lex was actually smart enough to figure out Superman is Clark Kent? Is that the reason why he took Martha? How long did he know? Since the party where Clark and Bruce meet? Do we get to see bald Lex?

Sounds like the movie is gonna be a wild ride.
>>
How does Batman and Superman discover each others' secret identities?
>>
>>80926066
How about bens performance was he good? Also Did the robotic voice get old fast or was it fine
>>
>>80926066
>he's upset that people can't follow his train of thought so he's constantly correcting himself to try and dumb down his words and make it sure that lesser minds can understand him

sounds like the most fedora character ever. Not off-base for Lex though, I guess.
>>
Sorry, but among all the spoilers, I did not understand. The knightmare sequence where it comes from? Batman goes to another world?
>>
>>80926067
I felt like she had very little material given to act on. She does woman of mystery for the first 80% of the flick, then is a badass for the last 20%. I'd watch a movie about her, though.

>>80926083
In public he acts like a man in awe of his father, in private he reveals that he hated him immensely, as he was an example that knowledge doesn't bring power, because while being so much smarter than his dad, his dad could still beat him up, and often did. By the end of the movie he makes it clear that he made Doomsday specifically so his energy attacks would be a beacon for other aliens to realize earth was there and worth looking into.

>>80926122
The indian ocean, apparently the terraforming machine was also making kryptonite. I guess if I wanted to recreate earth precisely I would also put arsenic into it even if its horrible for humans because it was part of our planet?

>>80926131
Actual place where it happens is never mentioned at all. Could be any desert area in the world. And considering the Knightmare happens with parademons, Omega symbols, and Apokolips firepits everywhere, it might has well been Central Park after Darkseid won.

>>80926152
30 people in my area of the office got free tickets. Only 3 of us didn't give them away to our friends or family. The other two guys I saw it with (Men in their 30's, huge comicbook fans) were dejected and claimed that they didn't see a world where in the public eye Civil War didn't 'win'.

>>80926206
Loved Batman using the spear to cut clark's cheek and make him bleed, delivering on what he says at the start of the movie. Hated how the fight stops cause his Mom's name is also Martha. I can't see the future.

>>80926234
Yep, he figures it out at some point, he might had known since before the party. Lex's head is shaved when he is taken to prison.
>>
>>80926251
Batman is ridic smart and figures it out without the crowd ever being told, much like Lex finding out. Superman calls him Bruce, assuming at some point he xrays past his cowl but that is also never shown.

>>80926252
I think he did a great job at portraying a Batman who has lost all hope and is on a warpath. The voice didn't get old, it sounds more like purposeful distortion than AM ROBOT

>>80926312
Bruce falls asleep while decrypting a lexcorp harddrive, Knightmare sequence happens, he wakes up infront of his computer to have someone coming from a boomtube who looks like Flash in a weird metal suit, being warned about 'You were right about him! I'm too early! You have to find us, Bruce!' then suddenly wakes up -again- to find himself in his bed.
>>
Is there a scene with a drunken Alfred? I've heard there is.

How's the humor, anyway? Is there any? Funniest moment?
>>
>>80926403
Who gave him the Knightmare?
>>
>>80926314
They stopped fighting because their mom's have the same name?... Seriously?
>>
>>80922295
>On par with the first Avengers.

Um....good?
>>
>>80926434
Not drunken, but he's sarcastic and british throughout it so he makes you smile. There's -very- few weak jokes and a singular solid one, when Batman rescues Martha Kent, he goes: 'I'm a friend of your son.' and she replies: 'I figured... because the cape'.

>>80926461
Kinda implied that timetravelling Flash did.
>>
>>80925520
So Supes really dies then? Do you think this movie will be received better than MoS overall by the public? Or will it still be very split?
>>
>>80926497
Its Batman, why does this surprise you?
Its also humanizing Clark to Bruce
>>
>>80926314
>The other two guys I saw it with (Men in their 30's, huge comicbook fans) were dejected and claimed that they didn't see a world where in the public eye Civil War didn't 'win'.

Ouch, that's harsh, but I can see what they mean
>>
>>80925033
>(man)child
>>
>>80926314
>he made Doomsday specifically so his energy attacks would be a beacon for other aliens to realize earth was there and worth looking into
This is so weird, I thought lex hated aliens?
>>
>>80926508
>yfw that bit with the Flash happens in the Flash movie
>>
>>80926314
>Lex's head is shaved when he is taken to prison.
>Lex is only temporarily bald as opposed to permanently
Fuuuuuck that
>>
How's the pacing as opposed to MOS did it get any better?
>>
>>80926497
Kryptonite weakened superman goes 'They'll kill Martha... please... if you don't stop them'. And Batman basically has a PTSD episode where he screams 'WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!' Lois shows up and then explains what happened to Batman, who then throws the spear away and becomes buds with Superman for the rest of the movie.

>>80926521
He does, but the last scene is meant to set up that he's coming back to life in the coffin.

>>80926549
Made no sense to me either, but by the end he is crazily screaming 'THE BELL HAS BEEN RUNG! THEY ARE COMING! so maybe Darkseid somehow got to him and was manipulating him all along?

>>80926579
Maybe he likes the look?
>>
>>80926549
I guess Snyder/Goyer/Terrio read Birthright and took Lex's idea of calling the kryptonians on Earth a bit too literally. Either that or their Lex hates Superman so much he hopes to see a more powerful alien crush him
>>
>>80926403
Did Batman and Superman know who each other were at the dinner party?
>>
>>80926579
>implying he won't keep it to remind him of his failure against Superman
>>
>>80926549
Eisemberg's Lex is extremely different from comics Lex so far. It doesn't surprise me.

>Nerd.
>No "Superman is curbing human evolution" argument.
>Inherited the company rather than building it from scratch.
>Religion-charged arguments.
>Doomsday is his "son".
>>
Do we see Hal?
>>
>>80926613
Same pacing, same suddenly going into flashbacks or visions out of nowhere to give you a ton of exposition. Feels like MoS

>>80926629
Didn't seem like it.

>>80926646
I could maybe have missed a reference, but considering how straight and in your face the rest of the league was, I find it hard to believe that he was at all in it.
>>
>>80926620
>not knowing shit about Lex

He hates aliens.
But in a world of aliens, humanity will need a hero.
>>
>>80926549
>>80926623
>Lex hated aliens
He hate Superman and what he has become but he did not hate an aliens.
>>
Do we see a Fortress of Solitude?
>>
Who the fuck was Amboyer, then?
>>
File: 1458448236376.jpg (499 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
1458448236376.jpg
499 KB, 2404x845
>>80926694

what type of film is it? Is it a Kino film like MoS?
>>
>>80926694
Do the flashbacks and visions have any relevancy to the themes and story? And do you think there was any character development for Superman?
>>
Okay so...

This is gonna be another polarizing Snyder film then? Will it be as mixed as Man of Steel?
>>
>>80925105
You sound like an edgy jaded faggot
>>
>>80926789
Fuck off /tv/
>>
>>80926789
>>>/tv/
>>
>>80926789
It's a improve version of MoS.
>>
>>80926815
way to go champ you found the one /tv/ poster in the thread
>>
>>80926777
I'm not super sure but he could be the CIA guy at the beginning of the movie who gets shot in the head by a security contractor.

>>80926789
I feel maybe undereducated in film to properly use this scale, sorry.

>>80926797
Yes, and they focus on why Batman is who he is at the moment the movie starts.

>>80926805
I admitted to being jaded, I wouldn't call myself edgy, but the fag is in the tripcode for a reason.
>>
>>80926827
Do you think this is just gonna be another polarizing Snyder film, or do you think he may actually get a decent RT rating this around? By decent I mean somewhere in the 70s.
>>
>>80926827
Even /tv/ doesn't how to use the scale or what those terms mean.
>>
>>80926527
Maybe it will be executed better but it seems something like that too stop a fight the movie is based around is anticlimactic
>>
>>80926858
the only way snyder is getting a decent rating is if he gets plastic surgery and changes his name
>>
I just finished seeing it

It was just Grant Morrison staring at the audience for 2 and a half hours

8/10
>>
>>80926878

or makes a good movie. I agree the plastic surgery scenario is more likely though
>>
>>80926789
This is so retarded.
>>
>>80926858
I don't think any critic would praise his work after he act like an ass towards them.
>>
>>80926878
Seems like most critics liked this movie though.
>>
>>80926948
Define most critics, because so far we've had a bunch of positive reactions from fanboys, and mixed/negative from people who cite issues with the pacing/story/character motivations, which lines up with typical Snyder film problems.
>>
>>80926508
wow that joke actually sounds good
>>
>>80926948
>Seems like most critics liked this movie though.
Just wait and see, no need to pull this kind of claim out of your ass.
>>
File: 1457134491840.png (344 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1457134491840.png
344 KB, 681x496
So let me get this straight. You faggots are convinced the movie is shit because some Mexibro said so? Literally /tv/ 2.0
>>
>>80926948
Movies this big get hundreds of reviews from the press. A dozen of tweets from enthusiasts aren't really "most" anything
>>
>>80927029
But one guy on 4chan who calls himself a jaded human being is enough for you to call it shit?
>>
>>80926968
>the pacing/story/character motivations
The only problem with this film so far is the pacing and the biggest problem of all of Snyder's film.
>>
File: 1387424277795.png (120 KB, 869x880) Image search: [Google]
1387424277795.png
120 KB, 869x880
What we're seeing now is the EXACT same fucking thing we saw with Man of Steel. With Man of Steel we had lots of positive buzz early on, but then once we were a week out from release, mixed/negative word of mouth started to crawl out of the hole. That's what's happening here. You get high praise for fanboys who are drunk off the hype, and then you get people going "meh" and listing off reasons why they didn't like the film. Guarantee shit is gonna get ugly when review embargo drops and it just ends up being another polarizing Snyder film.

Fuck man! When are DC fans gonna catch a break? Goddamn WB for hiring Snyder again. I can't believe that hack is gonna do Justice League too. Who the fuck is gonna get hyped for that movie after he blew Man of Steel AND Batman v Superman?
>>
>>80926968
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4ayplg/batman_v_superman_early_impressions_and_buzz/
>>
>>80927024
lol he's not even saying it's bad, this thread is so stupid
>>
>>80927024
Dude still liked it. The butthurt's likely from the fags who labeled this as the second coming, gamechanger or whatever.
>>
>>80927082
>mixed/negative word of mouth started to crawl out of the hole
Where? Even Mexifag said it was good, he's just being cynical about it.
>>
>>80927109
>>80927118
I wouldn't call it a bad movie. In my opinion I was okay with MoS and this was a bit better, but it's not AMAZING or anything like it.
>>
>>80927098
That's not 'most critic' just some critic and some fans review. Well, not that care about the critic to begin with.
>>
>>80927130
Where can i read some legit reviews?
>>
>>80927024
they were already convinced
this is just confirmation bias
>>
>>80927076
Dude's just answering our questions on what he saw, not his fault if people don't like what they're hearing. What he's saying doesn't make the movie shit, just like a bunch of excited tweets don't make it good
>>
File: doomsday-batman-v-superman.png (909 KB, 732x960) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-batman-v-superman.png
909 KB, 732x960
Does Doomsday grow spikes or does he remain a Bayturtle-looking motherfucker throughout the rest of the movie?

Also is there anything more to his origin beside being zombiefied Zod because Snyder mentioned Doomsday having a mythology that would be expanded upon in JL.
>>
>>80927171

But do you see this being another polarizing Snyder film? Are critics gonna hate it like they hated Man of Steel?
>>
>>80927130
He said it's okay, and that the two guys he saw it with didn't like it.
>>
>>80927171
Well, let's be honest here will you?

Basically, you don't like it but don't want to said it out loud because /co/ will brand you as one of Marvel drones, right?

Judge from your commend, you enjoy Marvel tone and story more than DC, correct?
>>
>>80927187
Official reviews will be allowed on the 22nd
>>
>>80927226
Lex gets into the ship with Zod's body, adds his own blood to the weird kryptonian baby soup thing, and the computer warns him that what he is about to do has been forbidden by the Kryptonian council of elders as it is heresy and should never be done again, lest horrors of the past come back. He does it anyways.

He gets progressively spikier as he absorbs more energy (that's a power he has now)

>>80927230
I can see it being that.

>>80927257
That's a fair request! I liked it, I had problems with it, I generally prefer a lighter tone in my hero flicks because I grew up reading 90's comics and have a hard time going back to the grimdark stuff. I try to simply answer questions and give my best recollection of the movie because giving personal opinions for people to take as the gospel is a fruitless endeavor, specially on the internet.
>>
>>80927257
>you don't like it but don't want to said it out loud because /co/ will brand you as one of Marvel drones

If you get it then give the guy some slack and don't spell it out loud, you retard.
>>
How does Supes die?
>>
>>80926497
Doesn't sound bad to me.
>>
>>80927324
He uses the spear to defeat Doomsday
>>
>>80927303
Well, that's what I want to hear, your honest feeling, Maxibro. No need to be shy to give us your opinion.

>>80927321
I just want him to be honest, dude.
>>
>>80926497
>what is empathy

This is why 4chan doesn't like anything. You're all autistic.
>>
>>80927082

Hi Marvelfriend!
>>
>>80927303
How was the camera work in the movie? Was it as obnoxious as MoS? Like was there a shaky camera and snap zooms and such?
>>
>>80927468
Don't even start, I'm so fucking tired of Marvel films.
>>
Is it the Dawn of Capekino? If you say no, you're a pleb
>>
>>80927082
>When are DC fans gonna catch a break?
Suicide Squad already clearly avoids a lot of problems MoS and this movie have had.
>>
>>80927555
Fuck off to /tv/ you fucking scum.
>>
>>80927303
Do you like AOU?
What about TWS?
Rate them out of 10.
>>
>>80927226
The fact Snyder uses the word mythology instead of backstory is a great checkmark about a lot of the problems he has with his stories.
>>
>>80927474
You can tell an effort was made to make the action easier to follow.

>>80927558
I am looking forward to SS. More so after this.

>>80927631
I legit feel uncomfortable with the whole having to triangulate my tastes vs your own in order to figure out if me liking it should have any effect on you liking it. Thus why I've been trying to just stick to 'This thing happens'.
>>
File: 1388015449056.jpg (47 KB, 1084x658) Image search: [Google]
1388015449056.jpg
47 KB, 1084x658
>Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman get positive critical reception.
>Man of Steel and BvS, the two biggest WB/DC movies, get mixed critical reception.
>Same director is doing Justice League.

Way to go WB.
>>
>>80927643
Pseudo-intelligent one-setence non-argument.
>>
>>80927643
He's not the only one who uses that term when discussing comics.
>>
>>80927718
It becomes a problem when people are taking your summaries and rating as a review, like the shitposter right below your post. You havent reviewed the movie yet
>>
>>80927718
>I legit feel uncomfortable with the whole having to triangulate my tastes vs your own in order to figure out if me liking it should have any effect on you liking it. Thus why I've been trying to just stick to 'This thing happens'.

I'm glad that you at least know that 4chan's obsession with other people's ratings on these average movies is fucking retarded. Just watch the fucking movie and form your own opinion.
>>
>>80927728
It's fun how your post is a statement and an example of that statement.

>>80927758
He's not, no. It's an angle he's clearly desperate to take in this movie and the previous one though.
>>
>>80927718
> Thus why I've been trying to just stick to 'This thing happens'.

Lemme ask you this then. Aside from the two people you saw it with, did the audience seem to enjoy the movie?
>>
>>80927718
>I legit feel uncomfortable with the whole having to triangulate my tastes vs your own in order to figure out if me liking it should have any effect on you liking it. Thus why I've been trying to just stick to 'This thing happens'.
Still I would like rest of /co/ to know. Personally I don't give a fuck. Also how did audience respond to movie in theaters post premier?
>>
>>80927832
>>80927876
Why are you trying to get this information?
>>
>>80927784
I understand.

>>80927832
I also attended the MoS premiere down here, and the audience felt as if they were precisely as hyped and applauded as loud as when MoS ended.

>>80927876
I don't see the value here besides fueling shitposting and getting 'Well you liked X which I objectively know is a shit movie so nothing you say is valid'.
>>
>>80927935
How is the relantionship between Clark and Lois?
>>
>>80927935
Not that anon, but part of it is trying to gauge tastes so you can decide whether or not you are likely to like the movie. If you think about it, any critic builds up a body of work that lets you decide to listen to them or not.

But you're not a critic, you're just some dude who went to see the movie and is telling us about it.
>>
File: lTSrwa0.gif (2 MB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
lTSrwa0.gif
2 MB, 390x285
>>80927935
>I also attended the MoS premiere down here, and the audience felt as if they were precisely as hyped and applauded as loud as when MoS ended.

Good sign.
>>
>>80928001
They deeply love eachother and have adorable couples' moments.

>>80928024
I'm just someone who has been coming to /co/ since before the board was obsessed with Sari and brown girls. I like discussion. I saw the movie, believe I have information that could fuel discussion and wanted to share that information to fuel said discussion.

I hate obsessing over numerical values for enjoying things.I don't really read any critics or reviews. Me liking or disliking the movie can't hang on someone else's life experience and tastes.
>>
>>80927935
>I don't see the value here besides fueling shitposting and getting 'Well you liked X which I objectively know is a shit movie so nothing you say is valid'.
You can still answer it and not be this much feminine. People honestly do give a shit about this thing, provide if you want to and be honest. Are you afraid that /co/ will turn on you for liking AOU? Which I liked slightly more than the First Avengers.
>>
>>80922288
Which WB intern are you
>>
>>80928146
>not be this much feminine
kek, what
>>
>>80923775
What was everyone's general reaction coming out of the theater? Do you think it will be widely well liked or people will be split down the middle like MoS?
>>
>>80928146
If he's being feminine, you're being a douche.

There is no high ground.
>>
>>80927935
>I also attended the MoS premiere down here, and the audience felt as if they were precisely as hyped and applauded as loud as when MoS ended.
I'm sure they had the same reaction for every Marvel movie. Why are you painting DC is a very specific way?
>>
>>80928146
>People honestly do give a shit about this thing,
Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
Will it achieve cult status in 5 years?
>>
>>80928208
Because the golden rule of /co/ is DC can do no right and Marvel can do no wrong when it comes to movies of course
>>
>>80928233
Sounds like a /co/ problem anon. It's stupid. I wish all the live action discussion would be erased from here.
>>
>>80928198
Most people seemed happy, could definitely see people with the same expressions as my coworkers and being a little laid down.

>>80928208
I'm sure they did too. I'm using MoS as a direct comparison because the movie feels really close to it. I have literally zero preference on which company makes the comics or content I read.

Personally investing themselves in brand rivalries is the stupidest thing people do all the time.

Thinking 'My team won!" is beyond having fun and backing something for a laugh is irrational and most of the time, against your own self interest.

>>80928233
Agreed.
>>
>>80928324
Stop projecting, /co/ has been very critical of both.

Seriously, these "MUH FAVORITE COMPANY IS WITHOUT FAULTS, IT'S BEING PERSECUTED BY FANS OF OTHER COMPANIES" shitposting was a fucking mistake.

Mexibro, does Superman have dreams/visions too, or is that a Batman thing only?
>>
>>80928360
>a little laid down
like disappointed? depressed?
>>
>>80928144
But you rated MOS, TDK, rises. Why not a couple more movies?

What was your expectations before you watched it?
>>
>>80928360
Anon rate Marvel and other cape movies?
>>
>>80928450
He's afraid of being called Marveldrone and very insecure that people will think he has shit taste.
>>
>>80928424
Disappointed or mixed, I'd say. Sorry, english is my second language.

>>80928450
Honestly I now realize I was being dumb. Didn't realize what that would do to the discussion. I liked Avengers, I thought AOU was worse than it. I liked Iron Man 1, 2 and 3 were meh. I think TWS is a good spy movie with superheroics thrown in.

I have a hard time making a direct comparison between Marvel and DC movies for that reason. If you must twist my arm into it, I'd say that Avengers is an 8 and this was a 7.5.

But I'd like to make clear that you're making me compare two movies that are so tonally different, the only things they have in common is that they're about superheroes coming together to fight a great evil.

In general I find Marvel movies more fun and in tune with my liking of comics, but I very much enjoyed the Nolan movies, which kinda contradicts that fact.
>>
Anyone wants a good laugh, read this
http://mashable.com/2016/03/20/superman-batman-can-suck-it/#zBrw.CypX8q7
>>
>>80928146
You want someone to hold your hand and tell you BvS will btfo the competition and you call him "feminine" ?
>>
File: 11654.jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
11654.jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>>80928575
>In general I find Marvel movies more fun and in tune with my liking of comics
>>
>>80928575

Fair enough, seems your comments show you are more of a Marvel fan.

Still need to know what you expected before you saw it.
>>
>>80928703
Oddly enough it reverses in comics, I spend a little over a hundred bucks a month in books and most of it is DC.

My expectations were 'Don't fuck this up' and 'Make it better than MoS' and I'd say it delivered on both.
>>
>>80928066
>>80927935
That's a typical burgerland thing though. I work in a movie theater and have seen people clap at the end of Transformers 4
>>
>>80928830

but this is tacoland
>>
>>80923775
What was the deal with Pa Kent and the the horses? Is it handled alright or?...
>>
>>80928916
To deny American culture's influence in Mexican culture is ridiculous. I mean, I'm typing shit in your language about a movie made by an American studio, sipping on a Coke Zero, wearing American brand clothing, on an (atleast originally) fully American made and owned imageboard.

>>80928949
His ghost at the top of the mountain speaks to Clark about how by saving his farm from a flood he accidentally flooded the Lang's, and while his family celebrated him as a hero, he could hear the Lang's horses drowning.

I felt it was a bit hamfisted but effective at delivering the idea that even if Clark is doing the right things for the right reasons, he can't ever foresee the consequences of his actions.

>>
>>80922587
This. People here don't like movies por being good, just for being "epic".
>>
>>80929031
>sipping on a Coke Zero

but why
Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.