[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What you hate about Steven Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: KeystoneMotel_nogoodnamefound.png (647 KB, 1436x807) Image search: [Google]
KeystoneMotel_nogoodnamefound.png
647 KB, 1436x807
ITT talk about what pisses you off about Steven Universe. I'll start, i hate that we'll get character "development" in one episode and then the characters will just reset in the next as if nothing happened
>>
>>79095570
Example?
>>
>>79095608
All of the Peridot episodes after she's captured
>>
>>79095570
I thought it was gonna be a cool action show about magic and aliens with epic fights and Steven gradually mastering his power until he's doing cool shit in a couple seasons.

Then it turned out that stuff is at the very bottom of this show's list of priorities. And it's a loooonnng list.
>>
>>79095570
Meddling from CN's retarded network executives is what pisses me off the most.

The bomb format is absolutely terrible and is the kind of thing you know only a fucking business major could think up.

Instead of characters and plots unfolding gradually over weeks and months of episodes, we get these sudden jerky jumps of development condensed over a single week, spread apart by weeks or months. It makes all the developments of the show feel less natural and more forced.
>>
File: Amethyst_sketch_03.png (89 KB, 1280x579) Image search: [Google]
Amethyst_sketch_03.png
89 KB, 1280x579
i also don't like amethyst, she's extremely thin-skinned and hypocritical for someone who makes fun of people a lot, and also didn't see the irony in her getting mad for rose being gone

>b-but that's what makes her real

Yhea a real piece of shit
>>
>>79095764
It would still feel forced even if the episodes were spread across weeks
>>
I hate Lars, but at least Island Adventure was a good ep. There's NOTHING to like about Ronaldo, his gimmick was never funny and wears thin very fast. Dedicating entire episodes to him was a huge mistake.

I don't like Peridot becoming a Crystal Gem. Just like the above two, she's alright in small doses but her space-autism gets annoying very fast and I don't think I could take her being in every episode. I hope she either undergoes some major development (not being an autistic little twat all the time) or is more side-character status that shows up for an episode a few times per season.

Seriously this show needs to stop putting obnoxious characters in the spotlight. Early Amethyst episodes suffered from this too.
>>
and all of the humans suckk
>>
>>79095570
Fusion isn't utilized enough to make it even worth having and is a source of unnecessary drama.
Garnet could've been her own character only having to deal with the burden of leadership, but instead we have to take into acount the two gemlets' feelings as well.
The show would have more budget if it didn't spend it on VAs that won't make a second appearance.
Stevonnie wouldn't be a thing.
Malachite wouldn't be an issue and we'd still have Lapis and Jasper.
Sardonyx wouldn't be synonymous with rape.
>>
>>79095764
We're in the age of binge-watching anon. Even if they didn't do bombs, everyone would just watch watch entire seasons at a time on Netflix/Hulu. Someone came up with the bombs as a ploy to tap into that habit.
>>
All the lesbians.
Honestly can't stand them.
>>
>>79095570
It's Tumblr tier art, sjw themes, forced relationships and melodramatic arcs.
>>
I still can't bring myself to like connie. The idea that a super powered steven is dependent on her for fucking combat of all things is disgusting.
>>
Beach City is way too conveniently vacant

Since it's a tourist town it even has less of an excuse for there not to be not many people around when monster stuff is happening
>>
I'm only a casual watcher, haven't seen every episode but...

- I kinda hate it in media when mystical stuff turns out to be aliens.

- I think the 11 minute runtime is hurting its ability to tell whatever story they're trying to tell. It wants to be both action/adventure but also SoL. It's like in one episode everyone's in panic mode because a giant monster is about destroy the earth but the next let's piss around while this alien learns about shipping.

- I say this as fan of the manga series "konjiki no gash" but there is TOO. MUCH. DAMN. CRYING in this show. Instead of 'have a character cry to emphasize the impact of the scene' it's 'have a character cry to indicate the impact of the scene'

Like i said though only a casual watcher. Probably to watch a few more episodes.
>>
The human end of the world building is REALLY undeveloped.

A giant spaceship comes and literally flips Earth the bird and the military does nothing? What?
>>
>>79095570
The animation is quite terrible, most of the characters are unlikable and it's filled with melodrama.
>>
No naked Peridot.

Not enough Peridot.
>>
>>79095570
>ITT talk about what pisses you off about Steven Universe

Nothing. Ever. Happens.

There is 1 plot episode per block and nothing progresses.

"The Return" March 12, 2015
Peridot stuck
Lapis goes under

January 18 2016
Peridot on the team
Bitch is still underwater

If this show doesn't get canned the main quest will end in October 2038 ish
>>
File: O look a bird.jpg (87 KB, 960x554) Image search: [Google]
O look a bird.jpg
87 KB, 960x554
>>79096076
>>
File: 1380256271109.jpg (240 KB, 697x707) Image search: [Google]
1380256271109.jpg
240 KB, 697x707
>crying that ruins the significance of actually dramatic scenes to the point where the crew actually mocks it
>11 minute runtime
>Sadie still existing
>characters almost never getting any consequences for the terrible things they do (Pearl especially, I'm surprised they let Garnet be mad in the Sardonyx episode, her bit in Rose's Scabbard was appalling)
>disguises filler episodes as important episodes because in the last two minutes something happens that alludes at something important to the overarching plot, which brings the pace of the show to an agonizing crawl (which kills interest newcomers have in the show)
>recent episodes don't seem to draw shadows for the characters half the time, which looks awful
>>
We need to make a collage of every crying / tearing up scene (happy tears or otherwise) from every episode.
>>
>>79096136
Yes.
>>
>>79095570
All the forced gender identity bs and lesbian relationships. I also hate how the gems treat Greg. They are trying really hard to eliminate him from Steven's life and all he wants to do is be there for his son.
>>
>>79095570
The episodes are too short, the schedule is a mess, the human part of the world is underdeveloped, and too much crying. I still like the show though.
>>
>>79095570
The fandom
>>
>>79095570
The main character is awful
>>
>>79096278
There's already one
I'm sure you'll find it if you dig around a bit
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-02-17-21h10m04s47.png (653 KB, 900x520) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-02-17-21h10m04s47.png
653 KB, 900x520
For a show with alt-history, we've taken exactly zero time to elaborate any major differences
>>
>>79095904
>There's NOTHING to like about Ronaldo
His blog.
Is a very good blog
>>
>>79095789
Amethyst is the only character who acknowledges her own mistakes without outside prompting.
>>
>>79096150
>If this show doesn't get canned
M8. That's never happening. Sugar is an Adventure Time alumni and because of that, Steven Universe will get milked until it milk become expire and when it reach the expire date Cartoonnetwork will add chocolate syrup to make the expire milk taste deceptively sweet. It'll become a franchise zombie.
>>
>>79096194
Waitwaitwait
This DID NOT happen
give me proof, real substantial proof.
>>
>>79095904
I really hate Ronaldo, the crew tried way too hard to make him funny and in RT/CS all his shit was cringey for the wrong reasons.

I really hope we get the old Peridot back, before she was a screaming midget Yaoi Fangirl she was a decent character (even if we didn't know much)
I blame Zuke for trying to mold her character too much.
>>
>>79096375
No she's not

And even then it's not enough to realize you're shit and keep being a shit
>>
>>79096476
> she was a decent character (even if we didn't know much)
She had no character.
You're just to caught up on your own headcanon.
>>
I'm so glad we can have three or four shitty threads about su instead of just one
>>
>>79096476
I agree. I'm sure when the small, indefinite hiatus is off, peridot will become stronger to some degree, or have some kind of her old self back. She has to, right?
>>
>>79096024
Pearl, shut the fuck up.

>>79095941
Garnet is not as cool now that she is just a vehicle for muh lesbians, it's as contrived as korrasami because I see no reason why she is the perfect relationship. Also, why is Pearl afraid of two midgets?
>>
>>79096150

to be fair there have been so months without an episode like from November of last year till earlier this month.
>>
>>79096552
Me too anon.
>>
>>79096476
She reeks of Invader Zim. Where as before she was a pretty competent and sometimes intimidating alien antagonist (something cool that IZ did sometimes), now she's just a shrill, shrieking girl-Zim and I hate it.

Exactly how I felt about that documentary episode. I just cringed a lot through the whole thing and waited for it to be over because something good might have happened. It's just horrible how hard they are trying with him.
>>
>>79096521
>>79096375
>>79096363
>>79096552
>>79096571

Excuse me this is a hate thread. Please fuck off.

So what else do we hate about this show?
I hate how Steven pretty much stays the same. He never matures or gets older.
>>
>>79096591
I can differ with your shitty opinion using facts, try and stop me faggot.
>>
The fandom is basically Homestucks.
>>
File: images-17.jpg (6 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
images-17.jpg
6 KB, 301x167
I hate how they cry all the time. I don't need an indicator telling me when to feel sad.
>>
File: 80s pearl.jpg (95 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
80s pearl.jpg
95 KB, 540x540
>>79095570
>Ronaldo based episodes

I don't hate Ronaldo but dedicating entire episodes to his character is a terrible idea.

>Scheduling.

Self explanatory

>Weightless animation

The koreans who animate this show make everything too floaty in my personal opinion.

>11 minutes.

This show could be even better then it is if it had a longer runtime. Episodes like It Could Have Been Great felt like they ended too soon or that we didn't see enough because of runtime.
>>
I hate how we've had two Birthday episodes which have the exact same plot
>>
>>79096591
I disagree. I think Steven is a lot more mature and somewhat less childish than when the series began.

I hate Ruby's voice.
>>
too many fat people
>>
I like the show but:
>sadie
>ronaldo
>onion
>lars
>filler episodes
>yellow diamond
>fanbase
>needs more greg episodes
>>
>>79096762
And lesbians
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lSCS6FOTF0Y432eVG-OEL_FV9M9U0VQjqBSOx6w8QCs/edit?pref=2&pli=1

This basically sums up my problems with the show.
>>
>>79096793
Genderless space rocks can't be lesbians.
>>
>>79096212
>>disguises filler episodes as important episodes because in the last two minutes something happens that alludes at something important to the overarching plot, which brings the pace of the show to an agonizing crawl (which kills interest newcomers have in the show)
This drives me crazy.
>>
>>79096829
You're right, but their entire race is a clear allusion to lesbianism.
>>
Sadie and Lars episodes are the worst.
Inconsistent art direction: I get what they were going for and theoretically it could work but despite giving the artist some free range the animation of the show usually ranges from decent to god awful.
>>
>>79096829
Then why are they shaped female and give birth
>>
>>79096693
>Weightless animation
>The koreans who animate this show make everything too floaty in my personal opinion.

On top of that, they don't even have any hard height measurements for the characters. Instead they have general guidelines like "[x] is taller than [y], but shorter than [z]". Every now and then I pick up on something relating to their apparent sizes that just seems "off", and the fact that there isn't any solid framework for their basic heights seems like a contributing factor.
>>
>pisses you off
Getting mad over a cartoon is max autism
>>
>>79096892
>Then why are they shaped female
Because waifu bait
> and give birth
That was only one, an exception never done before or since then, and actually the straight one.
>>
Only part of the show I like is fusion and they don't show it enough.
>>
>>79096892
Because want to look pretty and birthing is not normal for them.
>>
>>79096722
>they waste an entire episode rehashing the premise of "Too Many Birthdays", but with less melodrama
>meanwhile it's nearly a year since Jasper got dragged into the fucking sea and still no development with that
>>
>>79096886

More to the idea of feminist utopia: No men equals to perfection because women are perfect.
>>
Remember when people thought Peridot was gonna be a more cold-hearted version of Pearl who joked every once and awhile and idolized YD?
Instead of Invader Zim with a dash of Gay shipping and fangirling over YD
>>
>>79096868
Example?
>>
>>79095570
I hate how the relationships between the regular people are more interesting than aliens.
>>
>>79096968
gem society is clearly depicted as a warmongering dystopian dictatorship though
>>
>>79096980
That dream episode was one.
>>
Not enough Steven cuteness
>>
>>79096968
Your idea of utopia is very, very strange.
>>
>>79096968
But isn't the Gem Empire a rigidly hierarchical and oppressive dystopia on a galactic-scale that operates on a caste system and the exploitation of colonies? Pretty sure ol' Rebecca is trying to say a society of all women would be a nightmare.
>>
Yellow diamond reminds me of meryl streep in that fashion movie
>>
>>79096023

>"sjw themes"
>"Tumblr art"
>"forced relationships and drama"

Any more meaningless buzzwords you'd like to get out
>>
>>79096375
acknowledging you mistakes doesn't make you a better person if you keep making the same mistakes
>>
>>79096732
>I hate Ruby's voice.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES.
Her voice actress is horrible imo. Love Sapphires voice tho
>>
>>79097114
What do you mean finally? thats a pretty popular opinion.
>>
HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS HIATUS
Also, mods relegating us to /trash/.
>>
>>79097142
But it's where you belong.
>>
>>79097142
>Also, mods relegating us to /trash/.
They prefer like 5 topics spread apart on /co/ than one general always going
>>
>>79097085
This used to be a big problem but I've recently noticed they toned that shit down a bit.
>>
>>79097100
But he's absolutely right. SU is basically Tumblr: the show
>>
>>79097142
We're hating on the show, not liking it.
>>
>>79097190
You can still like a show and criticize it.
>>
File: Nope.gif (901 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
Nope.gif
901 KB, 500x238
>>79097070
You say that like is a bad thing.
>>
File: black guy questions you.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
black guy questions you.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>79097188
>>
>>79097251
>crying
>shipping
>"genderless" space lesbians
>>
>>79097308
That ain't even good bait.
>>
File: stop.gif (303 KB, 298x156) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
303 KB, 298x156
>>79095570
I've never watched the show but the people who hate it are extremely obnoxious and won't stop going on about how balls it is

so that's what I hate about Steven Universe. The hatedom. I hate you, OP.
>>
File: What.jpg (46 KB, 540x368) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
46 KB, 540x368
>>79097308
>crying
>tumblr
Rambo cries at the end of First Blood, is First Blood a tumblr movie now?
>>
>>79097372
The thread is actually bringing up some legitimate grievances, which is surprising. Normally it's just bitching about tumblr.
>>
>>79097114
>>79097130

It's like they wanted to give her the voice of a boy going through some pretty bad puberty, which lets them both say that Ruby is a progressive "butch" lesbian and also perhaps plausibly deny that it's a girl in other countries. Like, this show already has girls kissing, they should have had the confidence/bravery to give Ruby some more overtly female traits instead of just play it safe. Ruby's design just makes her look like a tiny little tomboy tyke, if I didn't know all gems are female I would assume she was a boy.

And dear god I hate her singing voice. It's an earsore when she's singing in the same song as Sapphire.
>>
File: kirm.png (191 KB, 397x416) Image search: [Google]
kirm.png
191 KB, 397x416
I'm starting to get really pissed about how they deal with villains. They're hyped up, and then minutes after being introduced they're turned into total jokes. Yellow Diamond is so far the worst offender. Like how the fuck am I supposed to take her seriously when her first appearance is her beign mocked and then making a stupid face?

And I personally liked Peridot better as an adorable villain over a literal midget that serves as a fish out of water story.
>>
>>79097100
>>79097251
None of those are buzzwords and they're all correct, tumblrite

>Stevonnie the androgynous fusion of Steven and Connie was a big game changer character, did you expect the kind of reaction to Stevonnie received? What do you love about Stevonnie? Is Stevonnie agender or bigender…. or is gender is even a concern in Steven Universe?

>Rebecca Sugar: Stevonnie is an experience! The living relationship between Steven and Connie. What I love about Stevonnie is that we are working with a metaphor that is so complex and so specific but also really, really relatable, in the form of a character. Stevonnie challenges gender norms as an individual, but also serves as a metaphor for all the terrifying firsts in a first relationship, and what it feels like to hit puberty and suddenly find yourself with the body of an adult, how quickly that happens, how it feels to have a new power over people, or to suddenly find yourself objectified, all for seemingly no reason since you’re still just you… and they are still just them, they’re Steven and Connie who you already know and relate to, and if you do you can feel, for this episode, what all of those feelings are like. And they feel it too and that stays with them. I knew that was bound to be interesting to people, for at least one of all those reasons!
>>
>>79095570
Outside of the show, the writers' bizarre refusal to admit it's a show about lesbians and all the magic space rocks just /happen/ to look female and use female pronouns for some reason.

Inside the show, there are some characters I can't stand. Modern Ruby and Sapphire can't focus on anything other than each other for half a minute, leading me to believe they've got some unhealthy co dependence shit going on (that the show will never acknowledge). Then there is Renaldo, who doesn't really have any redeeming qualities, when even fucking Lars shows a little potential here and there. Onion just seems like a creepy little weirdo and has no purpose. And Lapis is currently a seriously OP grade A moron with a martyr complex, but I'm waiting to see what the writers do with her.
>>
>>79097042

It's actually more common than it seems. Wonder Woman represented better though
>>
>>79097489
I believe the correct term is "tumblrina"
>>
>>79097407
eh, honestly, all the gems are pretty flat/non-sexual. except for rose, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>79097539
No, I mean on how repressive and destructive Gem culture is.
They were going to destroy Ruby for an accident and she was totally alright with it, since they hold no sense of individuality.
They destroy other planets and cultures without remorse.
And there's not room for stepping out of your set path, as with Pearl, which is just suppose to be a companion and servant.
>>
>>79097377
Rambo cries at the end.

In SU it is guaranteed at least one character will cry per episode.
>>
>>79097188

So are the DCAU shows under that "logic".

>>79097489

Except they only appeared in like two episodes. If you take every acknowledgement of trans people as "tumblr", I guess all ancient civilisations are Tumblr now.
>>
>>79097435
>And I personally liked Peridot better as an adorable villain over a literal midget that serves as a fish out of water story.

Ditto. The last three episodes did make me feel a bit better about her transition to "reluctant defector", but I still wish she was an active antagonist. Likewise I really fucking hope they don't try to redeem Jasper as well. She has far less reason to flip sides, and if the show is going to have the looming menace of Homeworld as a factor anyway, then having an active agent of that force on Earth really helps impress the severity of that threat, in a way that doesn't feel forced. And trying to force things is one of the show's worst recurring problems, even if the staff does seem to be growing aware of it.
>>
>>79096212
This, oh my God.

Pearl has pulled way too much shit for Steven to not snap.
>>
>>79097575
Disagree. I think all the main crystal gems are overtly female. They're definitely girls, from a glance. Jasper could be mistaken for a man maybe. Peridot is pretty androgynous, I can give you that. Lapis literally an anime waifu drawn in a more Western style.
>>
>>79097008
>warmongering

Against who? Themselves? I doubt they would need a giant monster to face a bunch of rebels.
>>
>>79097668
>DCAU
which ones though?
>>
>>79097721
Steven's one of those MCs where the damage doesn't last long.
Sure he gets beat up and told some dark shit one episode, the next it's all better.
Steven isn't gonna get long term damage to his physical or mental state.
>>
>>79096150
This is the bomb format's fault.
>>
>>79097668
>ancient culture has androgynous/hermaphroditic entity as part of a larger creation myth to explain the world around them at a time when scientific understanding was in its infancy/still gestating
>Steven Universe features character of questionable gender, because being confused about gender is what the kids are into these days, and the show's staff has to offer some "statement" about it in order to appeal to their demographic, while also trying to ingratiate themselves into it and deny the fact that they're no longer children themselves

It's about nuance.
>>
>>79097766
Nigga, gems going around aliens planets and killing all their inhabitants and using up all there resources is one of the biggest plot points of the show. Their society literally expands through war.
>>
File: welcome to YD games.png (428 KB, 800x679) Image search: [Google]
welcome to YD games.png
428 KB, 800x679
Estelle has a very narrow range - works most of the time because Garnet has a very narrow emotional range, but not in heated scenes.

Nobody gives a fuck about Lars. Nobody gives a fuck about Sadie. They are not interesting characters. They work as background anchors of normalicy, but not for whole episodes.

Connie is often used as an uninteresting writer insert.

There aren't really any 'manly' characters on the show at all. It would be nice to see Greg having some more moments of stepping in to dispense the murdercock's justice like the van-meets-watersteven thing.

Greg's voice reminds me of Rich Evans.

Memorable fights are rare - presumably gem vs gem fights are expensive to make.

Jasperedemption probably won't happen.

Yellow Diamond's neck.

The Sugolite episode felt kinda preachy in the 'body positivity' sense, probably not intentionally. Being strong in the real way is fine and dandy, but being strong in the actual way is nice too.

Fandom's full of pedos.

The implication that Steven won't grow up is concerning on a number of levels. Is it a power thing?

We'll probably never have a cool timeskip.

That's all I got for now.

God I love the show though.
>>
Don't mind me, just replying to a post from 13 hours ago.

>>79085336
Reboot did... although I guess that was a Canadian show.
>>
>>79097891
>Greg's voice reminds me of Rich Evans
I don't see how that's a negative.
>>
>>79097912
The high pitch makes my dog get angry and chew the sofa.
>>
>>79097721
The sad thing with Pearl is that she often does have legitimate reasons to be angry, or angsty, or whatever, but the show's handling of any deeper emotions is always so fucking hamfisted that instead of coming across as sympathetic, she just seems like a massive asshole. You have to step back and try to figure out what the actual, mishandled /intent/ was, for it to not all ruin her character. I think this is another problem the staff might finally have realized, but now they're working against a lot of existing damage.
>>
>>79097934
I could see how that is then.
>>
>>79097891
I like Lars and Sadie together, although less so separated. I think their whole episodes are good when they're together.

>fandom's full of pedos
Fandom's full of shippers. That just happens to occasionally dip into disturbing waters for the sake of shipping. Also technically Steven isn't young enough for 'pedo' to apply anymore, particularly given that in Canada, he would now be legal about eight years ago.
>>
>>79097891
>Jasperedemption probably won't happen.
I certainly fucking hope this is the case. The show needs a presence it can latch the menace of the Homeworld empire onto, and having Jasper as an antagonistic force on Earth is a way better option than cutting to Yellow Diamond now and then to show her plotting like Rita Repulsa on the fucking moon.
>>
File: 1452898647756s.jpg (2 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1452898647756s.jpg
2 KB, 104x125
>>79095570

>When they try to be cute or emotional they end up being cringey as fuck

>When they try to be cringy they end up making something cute
>>
>>79097890

So an empire that has conquered a few galaxies and keeps expanding just goes and declares war against a bunch of civilizations that have never even left their planets?

Man, what a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>79098017
Sadie and Lars work as 'lets get some donuts and advance the plot' characters.

That's about it.
>>
>>79098056
I dont think there's any way they could do it well at this point. We've spent like 8 episodes getting Peri converted, if there's another 8 for Jasper and maybe like 4 for Lapis since she's already partially on-side, it'll be lightyears before we get to advancing the actual plot.

I think Jasper could bring a degree of sobriety and weight to the cast that it's missing, personally, I just dont see a good way to make it happen.

I do think, however, that the cluster is an adequate threat for now.
>>
File: 1447372699436.jpg (32 KB, 460x461) Image search: [Google]
1447372699436.jpg
32 KB, 460x461
The only bit I've seen of SU is the Uncle Grandpa crossover and I can easily say the absolute worst part of SU is the anti-fandom.
The ones who go out of their way to insult the show and fucking shadow-box.
If you don't like the show, it's fine, but it seems like SU has a group of people dedicated to fill every thread with how much they don't like the show.

Like I said, I've seen all of one episode so I don't have a dog in this fight, and from what I've seen, it's a decent show, nothing spectacular, but fuck me is it really worth people's time to just constantly shit on it?

This doesn't apply to tumblr's faggotry, but then again give me one fandom on tumblr that isn't fucking retarded.
>>
>>79098141
This. People here are discussing actual flaws, but there are some people who just shitpost "faggot tumblrverse" and can't stand the fact that people like something they don't like.
>>
>>79098195
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>79098141
/v/ and the other boards keep calling /co/ tumblr so /co/ feels the need to prove them wrong so it can be as cool as them. But /co/ will never be cool.
>>
>>79098085
It reminds me of earlier episodes. I'm not opposed to their slice of life problems and drama. One of my favourite things about the show is that we're given glimpses of BC's characters and helps keep the show grounded instead of 24/7 space rock problems giving the impression that it's a miracle these people can work together at all.

The biggest issue with me is that Lars doesn't seem to ever advance. Their non-relationship relationship would be better if we actually got glimpses of him not being an awful person after he supposedly learns his lessons.
>>
>>79098263
I'd rather just not have lars in the show anymore
>>
>>79098325
I feel like Lars as a character is constantly shat on from a height. He's also one of the most 'normal' characters we've had more than a basic interaction with.

He's just a dude in his early 20s who wants to be accepted. I kinda just wanna see him succeed at something. Everything he does is bad and everyone hates him for it all the time.
>>
>>79098141
>I haven't watched the show but fuck the people who hate it!!
Summed up your shitty non-contributing post, fuccboi.
>>
>>79098429
>fuccboi
Weird, I thought only tumblr said that.
>>
>>79098429
He says he saw an episode.

What's got your rump in a rustle, sport?
>>
>>79098258
Considering "being tumblr" started out as "pandering to a specific group solely for the sake of being progressive" and slowly turned into "not being racist" then finally "stop liking what I don't like" being tumblr has lost all meaning.

>>79098195
It's the same with Rick And Morty and Reddit.
At least "being tumblr" has some semblance of meaning and in some cases valid criticism.
Being "Reddit" is just "I don't like this because it's popular, so I'll just call it Reddit".
>>
>>79098141
>Uncle Grandpa

The most powerful being in the SU isn't even a direct part of the SU.

I bet the Diamonds are desperate to destroy Earth BECAUSE Uncle Grandpa lives there... they are terrified of him.
>>
>>79095570
Lars.
The fanbase dumbing down Ruby's personality to fit their "cute lil angry gay girl" fetish,
>>
>>79096053
The difference between this and Konjiki no Gash is that the author knew when to open the floodgates wide.
>>
>>79095570
The development usually do carry over, but you have to remember that people usually don't just change over night. Character change takes time, and as so will take a couple of episodes to show any significant difference in their personality. If they didn't take this time, it would be just as badly written as if they didn't change at all.
>>
>>79098410
>He's just a dude in his early 20s who wants to be accepted.

I still can't decide if Lars and Sadie adults or not.
>>
Episodes 100% percent focused on the human residents of beach city with no supernatural element whatsoever, ie Sadie's Song and joking victim, are absolute shit but I miss episodes that were all about the ordinary and the supernatural colliding, ie Frybo and Keep Beach City Weird.
>>
>>79095987
Yeah all 3 of them out of the tens of characters on this show.
>>
>>79096053
Actual full on crying is pretty rare. There's often like a second or two of tears welling up in the corner of the eyes but I don't think that counts much.
>>
>>79098595
To me they come across as being late teens. Like 17-20 or so.
>>
>>79097407
My older sister likes to watch SU with her kids and that's how I started watching it and I've TOLD her that the creators said all the Gems are supposed to be female, and she says she gets it but when she talks about the show to her ex-husband she says shit like "but if you go by gender roles Ruby and Jasper would technically be guys because they're more masculine" she's fucking crazy but yeah if they're supposed to be female don't make it ambiguous
>>
>>79098450
You probably think tumblr created doge too, idiot.

>>79098452
Yes, an episode. One. And it wasn't even a canon episode. He has no merit in this conversation as he doesn't understand why people hate SU and /sug/ to begin with.

I've never watched an episode of that RBWY shit and sure people hate that general for good reasons but I'm not about to head over and give my piece on something I know nothing about, because I'm not a fag.
>>
>>79096051
Beach towns are only tourist towns in the summer. The rest of the year they are exactly that vacant and it makes me glad I moved out of the one I was in.
>>
File: 1452580717753.jpg (49 KB, 591x589) Image search: [Google]
1452580717753.jpg
49 KB, 591x589
>>79098656
>Actual full on crying is pretty rare
Top kek
see >>79097085, there's an even bigger one someone else that I can't find at the moment

>inb4 t-those don't count!!
>>
>>79097377
Rambo didn't spend 80% of the movie crying, however
>>
>>79098829
The gem invasion shit took place during the summer and there's still only 15 people that we see

Apparently no one goes to that huge ass beach for some reason
>>
>>79096053
you nailed it, everything else in this thread its pretty much cherry picking
>>
File: 1427904912002.jpg (183 KB, 1280x841) Image search: [Google]
1427904912002.jpg
183 KB, 1280x841
>>79097407
Isn't Ruby supposed to be a fighter though.

All of the fighty gems are butch as fuck.

What are you trying to say, Sugar? You have to have "MUSCLES" to be a warrior???
>>
my god, am I the only one who hates Rose?

She's too mary sue-ish in my opinion. She's presented as some kind of mesaiah, even has some herd of gems blindly following her. And most of all, she's really really creepy. Even though she seems to be so enchanted, sensitive etc, it feels to me all she cares is herself. She's a femme mr. popo with some psycho agressive fangirls working for her.
>>
>>79098882
>The gem invasion shit took place during the summer
I don't remember them giving any sort of specific time period in those episodes.
>>
File: 1410933782710.png (169 KB, 823x1028) Image search: [Google]
1410933782710.png
169 KB, 823x1028
I really hate how Steven being alone with any other Gem is always about Homeworld or Rose

Jesus fucking christ we get it Rose was a sexy MILF who loved everything and Homeworld is evil, can he actually bond with someone on Earth over something

On The Road was seriously the biggest fucking bait and switch in the show
>>
>>79098911
I'm really crossing my fingers for that "She's Evil Theory" becoming true.
>>
>>79098141
>but it seems like SU has a group of people dedicated to fill every thread with how much they don't like the show.
Bitch every show/fandom has this
Even brownies

Anti-brownies usually end up being more autistic than bronies themselves
>>
>>79097114
Ruby itself its pretty much hateable, she is nothing just a simbol for fusion.
>>
What is wrong with crying? Isn't it just good if a show can show how people would actually react in a situation? It's just an emotional act like any other. It's like saying the characters are smiling too much.
>>
>>79098843
>dead here
>now I'm alive
>I'm dead
>alive
>dead
>alive
>>
File: 1453054018551.jpg (871 KB, 1019x4227) Image search: [Google]
1453054018551.jpg
871 KB, 1019x4227
>>79098843
This one?
Regardless, I personally don't count welling tears to be full on crying until they start streaking down or last more than a second or two.
>>
>>79098994
>It's like saying the characters are smiling too much.

No no no no no no no.
When characters smile too much, then the show is "comfy".
>>
>>79098899
Are you saying you don't?
>>
>>79095904
Tips fedora
>>
>>79098899
Have you missed out on Pearl's existence? She wasn't made to fight, remember.
>>
File: 1408567501311.png (326 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
1408567501311.png
326 KB, 496x501
>>79098899
>all of the gems who physically fight have muscles

Wow what a shock
>>
>>79095570
The human race is irrelevant. Seriously, are we supposed to believe government militaries around the world are blsisfully unaware of the gems, or that they haven't reverse-engineered their technology?
>>
>>79098911
>too mary sue-ish
Have you watched "We need to talk" recently?
>>
File: 1429232552083.png (119 KB, 517x673) Image search: [Google]
1429232552083.png
119 KB, 517x673
>>79099043
Yes that is literally what I'm saying without a single ounce of irony. The only time I've ever been more serious is when my parents died of cancer.
>>
I hate how inconsistent it is. For example, Pearl is weak the whole show and couldn't even take down a single Jasper then in "The Answer" she took down multiple quartz gems. which I think two of the guards were Jaspers
>>
>>79099177
Pearl never got her mojo back after Rose's "Death".
>>
>>79099106
>uh oh, I'm soo poor, I can't figure out human emotions :<

this is mary sue
>>
>>79099109
>you don't need muscles to be a warrior
Nigger, are you for real?
>>
>>79099219
what are you talking about
>>
>>79098429
You seem triggered.
>>
Another thing that bothering me is all the obvious lesbian shit that will never go anywhere because Sugar doesn't seem to realize that CN doesn't want to take the chance of pissing off soccer moms.
>>
>>79099177
I assumed they were just aristocrats that only existed to inherently be better then everyone and go to parties and not much else. If that's not the case then yeah that seems pretty iffy.
>>
>>79095570
11 minute runtime is often very limiting

Steven voice is borderline painful, doubly so because his 'puberty voice' that we heard recently is a massive improvement. His character in the earlier episodes is extremely obnoxious. Nothing illustrates this more than the old intro where he's eating a fucking hotdog.

The way MUH LORE is drip-fed is extremely contrived. Steven should be curious about his legacy and of the gem worlds and even if he isn't it should be in the CG's best interests to educate him about what he's fighting for anyway.

Musical segments are usually shit and Pearl's the only VA who I actually enjoy hearing sing.

Yellow Giraffe's design is shite

Writers obviously not giving a shit about details like Lapis managing to broadcast a message to an analog television
>>
>>79099235
about 'we need to talk' episode
>>
I'm starting to raise my eyebrow at the idea that each and every gem takes a female form. Really? If the entire race is genderless and their bodies are just projections, why not make a dude?
>>
File: tears.png (128 KB, 458x379) Image search: [Google]
tears.png
128 KB, 458x379
>>79099272
Fucking this, either go big and let us see some homos or stop splashing it around everywhere
>>
File: 1443574744849.jpg (112 KB, 640x615) Image search: [Google]
1443574744849.jpg
112 KB, 640x615
>>79099272
>that will never go anywhere
Where do you want it to go, exactly?
>>
>>79097873
Uh no, we're still 26 episodes into the season
>>
>>79099310
Dudes dont exist in homeworld. They dont know what a dude is.

It's like if we met a tri-gendered alien species and they were like 'I mean seriously, are NONE of you guys thr'aam?'
>>
>>79099219
Your definition of mary sue is skewed. The point was that up until that point, she had viewed human men as sort of like toys or... pets, to play with. She was largely mimicking how she expected a working relationship to work, and was getting confused when things weren't going as expected.

The very definition of being a mary sue is being WITHOUT FLAWS. Being good or perfect at everything. That is not what Rose was. The more we learn about Rose, the more we understand that the rose-tinted view of Rose through the Gems isn't exactly how she actually was, and that she actually did have flaws.
>>
>>79099293
What you described didn't happen there though. No one went "poor me i don't understand human emotions".
>>
>>79099310
Jasper and Ruby look almost nothing like woman. The first time I saw Jasper my first thought was "Oh so there are guy gems?".
>>
>>79099286
She broadcasted it to the wailing stone. Greg routed it through a tonne of shit and fiddled with loads of settings before it worked. He had to use his equipment to act as an adapter.
>>
>>79095570
The fandom wants too many characters at this point to become main characters for an 11 minute show and it's gonna backfire specatuarlly . Not even Japer but fucking Lapis calls Earth a miserable planet and just wants to go home. We're gonna get an episode that puts the homeworld gems and any redeemed monster gems put on the bus for a while and the shit storm is gonna be glorious.
>>
Episodes are only 11 minutes long, and garnets shitty attitude
>>
>>79096829
Then the fanbase needs to stop making unfunny "X mom" and "lesbian space rock" jokes and pictures.
>>
>>79099286
>Writers obviously not giving a shit about details like Lapis managing to broadcast a message to an analog television
Lapis broadcasted a message to a wailing stone, Peridot broadcasted a message to an analog television. Also the Gems never educated him because the gem worlds are space nazis and the gems are modern Germany. They're too afraid to even talk about that shit.
>>
>>79099049
Does this even mean anything anymore?
>>
>>79099420
The way this show and fandom works is that they try to make every new character the next big thing. The problem being we can't have an army of MC
>>
>>79095667
How do you mean?
>>
>>79098936
Connie said school's out In Mirror Gem
>>
>>79095570
To be fair this is true about most shows
>>
>>79096053
>- I kinda hate it in media when mystical stuff turns out to be aliens.
It's still magic
They are magical aliens.
>>
And yet, depite all the flaws mentioned ITT, it is still one of the better cartoons out right now.

Now what does that say about western animation?
>>
>>79099529
That's Mirror Gem, anon was talking about The Return.

Unless you were that anon and you were talking about Mirror Gem then the whole two episodes were specifically about the town people freaking out that the tourists were ABOUT to come, but they have nothing to offer them because the ocean is gone.
>>
File: 1452535092927.jpg (318 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
1452535092927.jpg
318 KB, 600x872
>>79096136
>No naked Peridot.
Technically she's always naked except that time she wore Greg's underwear.
>>
>>79096980
lars and the cool kids
onion trade
joking victim
on the run
open book
political power
full disclosure
keeping it togheter
CHILLE FUKCING TIDE
onion friend
friend ship
nightmare hospital
steven's birthday

these are the ones i can think of
>>
>>79099029
It's still crying you sophist. Stop trying to brush off that critique.

>>79098994
>Isn't it just good if a show can show how people would actually react in a situation?
People don't shed tears during every situation

>It's like saying the characters are smiling too much.
Smiling is more common than crying. You realize regular people don't cry at the drop of a dime, right anon?

Hell it especially shouldn't be aliens that are thousands of years old.
>>
>>79099593
That the west find lesbians hot?
>>
File: hahaha-no.gif (498 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
hahaha-no.gif
498 KB, 300x222
>>79099593
>>
File: call the police.png (147 KB, 353x314) Image search: [Google]
call the police.png
147 KB, 353x314
>>79099419
>>79099438
Okay I guess what I meant to say is Greg being able to convert wailing stone signal into analog NTSC is bullshit.
>>
File: 1452095440847.png (418 KB, 628x478) Image search: [Google]
1452095440847.png
418 KB, 628x478
>>79099269
You seem passive aggressive.

Probably a woman?
>>
>>79097891
>Jasperedemption probably won't happen.
Come on we all know Lapis/Peridot/Jasper redemption was going to happen from their introduction.
>The implication that Steven won't grow up is concerning on a number of levels. Is it a power thing?
It's his powers yes he will probably start aging normally if he matures emotionally to match.
>We'll probably never have a cool timeskip.
IIRC they said they wanted to do one at some point. It will probably only happen at the end of the series though.
>>
>>79099640
>It's still crying you sophist. Stop trying to brush off that critique.
It's a bad critique when you treat all crying as exactly the same. Some tears at the corner of your eye is not the same as full out bawling. Your whole post is based on exaggerations.

For example:
>People don't shed tears during every situation
You're implying the characters shed tears in every situation. They don't. But your "critique" is based on this exaggerated idea, and then shitting your pants when people don't play along and then you go find some anons who would.
>>
Lars has got no redeeming values. Ugly kid, probably went punk or whatever his style is, because that's the only style that fits his ugly shape. Works at a donut shop on a 2-persons shift that could be be handled by Sadie alone. Oh, wait: "Work"? I meant: Listen to music, sleeps and lets Sadie do most of the job, expecially the cleaning. Liar, hypocrite, and so on. Treats Sadie like shit. Is overalll a sad weak fellow who'd just like to be one of the cool kids without having what it takes.

>But dat just makes him moar human

Right! If I wanted "human", I wouldn't watch some damn cartoons about sentient jewelry
>>
>>79099640
No, it's a welling tear. Tearing is not the same as crying, just as crying is not the same as sobbing or bawling.
>>
>>79099029
No one is crying in a ton of these pictures. Why include them??
>>
>>79099640
The gems aren't regular people, or even regular gems. I mean Garnet's good together, though she has some issues, but Pearl and Amethyst have some sort of mental issues. Steven is a kid, he's a bit old to be crying this much still but kids cry a lot.
>>
I think the runtime is too limited for the stories the show wants too tell. Also I'm not fond of Onion as a character.

As for the fandom I seem to be more likely to run into people complaining about the fandom than I run into more vocal fans, so I can see where those points are coming from.
>>
>>79099762
>Right! If I wanted "human", I wouldn't watch some damn cartoons about sentient jewelry
Then watch a different cartoon instead of the one that's about appreciating humanity for what it is.
>>
>>79099809
I didn't make it man. My best guess would be that the point is that green episodes are joke crying and black episodes are no crying, to contrast with serious emotional moments of tearing or crying as some kind of... argument against dumb "every single episode has crying" posters?
>>
File: mybad.jpg (12 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
mybad.jpg
12 KB, 191x264
>>79099612
Ah you're right, I didn't realize winter and New Years already passed before The Return
>>
>>79098568
>Character change takes time
>Peridot's first interaction with YD and she insults her so the writers can start the redemption arc already.
>>
>>79096468
It's a shoop
>>
>>79099965
Because all the Peridot episodes prior didn't exist, nor the flashback episode following?
>>
>>79099638
also the PSYCHIC DREAM CONNECTION power in chille FUCKING tide was never explained or reused and was simply accepted by the CG like "uh, ok ..."
>>
>>79098638
Official:
>Ruby/Sapphire
>Pearl/Rose
>Lapis/Jasper (Abusive though)

Times writers threw fans a bone for shipping fuel or moments that could be taken as intimate relationship:
>Peridot/Garnet
>Peridot/Amy
>Pearl/Garnet

Sugilite and Opal are literally the only fusions in the show out of like what, eight? That represent actual strength and power and aren't just a metaphor for something about love, relationships, or sex.
>>
>>79095789
Came here to say this
Her conflict with Peridot is revolved around her getting mad at Peridot simply stating facts, right after Amethyst herself was laughing at what Peridot was saying about Steven and Garnet.
Also Peridot wanting to be friends with Amethyst kinda feels like a thickly-veiled bait for shippers to boot

Other than that, characters drop meta comments too much, namely Steven and Connie.
>>
>>79100015
The gems don't sleep, like maybe Amythest does but she's stupid. How would they know what the fuck that is?
>>
>>79095667
what lesson has she learned that she's forgotten about?
she's learned
>what is and is not a weapon
>not to be afraid of rain
>to trust steven
>that some pearls are ok, even if they're just pearls
>that amethyst is sensitive, plz no bully
>not to insult Rose Quartz if you want to live
>that there are somethings on earth worth protecting
>that Yellow Diamond is a Clod
>that Percy x Pierre is OTP
>that fusion can be something more than just a battle strategy
>>
Don't mind me, just responding to a 14 hour old post.

>>79086026
Stevonnie, after Connie spends some time interacting with Peridot.
>>
>>79098938
At least Peridot actually TRIES to bond with Steven.
>>
>>79095570
The fat purple bitch pisses me off to no end. I can't even begin to describe why, just the way she talks and acts makes me unfathomably mad. Oh, and the fans are obnoxious

I only watched the first 20 episodes or so
>>
>>79100035
>lapis/jasper
>pearl/rose
>official

Only contradictions I see in your post
>>
>>79100035
But rose was with greg too.
And all the fusions are metaphors for relationships.
>>
>>79100098
She improves over time. But yeah, she's always a little bit of a punk.

I don't think that the fans being obnoxious can be considered a legitimate criticism of any show.
>>
>>79100015
>also the PSYCHIC DREAM CONNECTION power in chille FUCKING tide was never explained or reused
The season isn't over yet man, geez.
>>
>>79099768
>look me I'm playing the semantics game durr hurr hurr

>>79099730
>It's a bad critique when you treat all crying as exactly the same
In this show it usually is. Not counting "joke tears" obviously, but it's still too damn much.

>You're implying the characters shed tears in every situation. They don't.
They do. 39 episodes is most of the goddamn series. Not even the most melodramatic anime has characters cry that much.

>>79099817
They're supposed represent how Rebecca was to her younger brother and the crew puts parts of their personality into the characters. In all intents and purposes, they're regular people.
>>
>>79100246
>They're supposed represent how Rebecca was to her younger brother and the crew puts parts of their personality into the characters. In all intents and purposes, they're regular people.
Rebecca is Sadie, and Pearl and Amy clearly aren't normal people. Especially Pearl she's a fucking landmine of issues.
>>
>>79099965
Well Yellow Diamond DID massively shatter her image of her, all the things she'd been taught or learned of her.

Peridot's whole thing is that the Earth can be useful, which is why she liked the colony idea so much. But spending time on Earth has let her figure out that there is more than one way for the Earth to be useful because of its unique properties. She seems to rediscover her logic and rationality, and expects Yellow Diamond to share her understanding if the situation is properly explained. What she witnesses is that Yellow Diamond is nothing like what she thought. She wasn't rational, and she was acting in a way that directly opposed being an efficient decider, even displaying signs that emotions were overriding reason.

That revelation was enough to push Peridot over the edge, being that who she was following, who she was loyal to, was absolutely nothing like she thought, and furthermore had nothing in common with Peridot either.

Insults slip out really easily when you're suddenly feeling a lot of emotions, when you're upset.
>>
>>79100246
>In this show it usually is.
No.

I'm not going to play along just because it's the easy way for you to insist on your exaggeration. "There's TWO WHOLE TEARDROPS on the frame that's EXACTLY the same as someone bawling like a baby" no. You're going to have to do better than argue in a way that's completely reliant on me being retarded.
>>
>>79100246
>I'm playing the semantics game
You're are playing the oversimplification game. there are stages, and you're treating stage 1 as being the same as stage 2.
>>
>>79100078
>to trust steven
She didn't in message received

>that some pearls are ok, even if they're just pearls
The "lesson" was supposed to be to not under estimate someone , which she still does ("you guys don't know what you're doing" and all that)

>not to insult Rose Quartz if you want to live
Another example of regression of the other characters.
>>
>>79097085
Top row middle and second row right are both from the same episode.
>>
>>79099029
Dafuq, a bunch of those don't have ANY tears, not even in other parts of the episode.
>>
>>79100336
This. I mean for example in that pic of ruby with tears in her eyes, its not like the entire episode revolves around that. People remember that episode cause of the song. When you think of horror club, do you think of Ronaldo bawling his eyes out for 11 minutes? No.

I don't know why it bothers people so much Did you know there crying in almost every episode of We Bare Bears by that logic? Besides threes been no actual crying for like 10 episodes, unless you count baby steven.
>>
>>79100383
>She didn't in message received
She didn't because the events of It Could Have Been Great caused her to conclude that they weren't thinking rationally and she should take matters into her own hands.

>The "lesson" was supposed to be to not under estimate someone , which she still does ("you guys don't know what you're doing" and all that)
The lesson was to not underestimate someone because of the circumstances of their birth, not because of something they're actively doing. Peridot thought there was no way a Pearl could accomplish anything, she was wrong, and in later episodes, she's shown being a lot more respectful of Pearl (though she doesn't understand her, per se).

>Another example of regression of the other characters.
Regression how? The other characters have always been very staunch on the issue of "don't insult Rose." You can imply she wasn't perfect (Garnet has), but do you really think that the Gems are just gonna stand by and let someone flat-out say "she's an idiot and she did everything wrong and now we're all gonna die and it's her fault and you were fighting for nothing?" None of the characters have ever suggested that they'd be willing to stand for that.
>>
>>79100289
>Rebecca is Sadie
No.
From the creator:
>Yes! Steven is based off my brother Steven, and Garnet Amethyst and Pearl are all ways I act around Steven... sometimes I'm overprotective, sometimes I don't have to care what he thinks... I always want to be like Garnet, but I probably am never that cool.

>>79100336
>There's TWO WHOLE TEARDROPS on the frame that's EXACTLY the same as someone bawling like a baby."
I didn't say that. I said they cry too much. Nice attempt at a strawman, though.

>>79100379
Cry, weeb, wail, bawl, snivel, sob, etc. all mean the same thing.
You're basically going
>a-HA! They're shedding tears AND sniffling in this scene, making it sniveling, not crying!!
In an attempt to try to divy up how many times they cry in this show. Intellectual gerrymandering.

What a fucking awful fanbase.
>>
>>79100383
Im pretty sure the lesson with Pearl was that gems dont have to be limited by their arbitrary homeworld castes, really.
>>
File: F7k1CpLh[1].jpg (33 KB, 389x440) Image search: [Google]
F7k1CpLh[1].jpg
33 KB, 389x440
>>79095904
>I don't think I could take her being in every episode

Uh you know this has already been revealed not to be happening right? If you watch the "lil' butler" episode, obviously it's a metaphor for Amethyst (dropped on their doorstep, now he does lowly tasks for them, dressed in purple) but it's also a metaphor for the whole show: for example Amethyst points out that in the pilot they didn't even have the dog (lion) yet, only a cat (cookie cats being later replaced by lion lickers is a central theme, and also dogcopter appears in every Lion-centric episode). Only a moron would think that somehow crying breakfast friends, dogcopter, and the "Percy and Pierre" thing are metaphors for the show while other shows-within-the-show mean nothing.

And Amethyst mentions how it all starts getting really good in season three, when the richingtons move next door. Oh and this is the episode with the fucking totem!!! (pic related). It's very straightforward to piece together that a new status quo will be reached with two separate but equal teams of "good guys", the main characters in the temple and their "neighbours" someplace else.
>>
>>79100636
No, they don't really. Cry and weep, sure. Wail and bawl and sob, sure. But cry and sob? Bawl and weep? No.

They are not the same.

I understand what you're trying to get at, but what you're saying is wrong. Say there are too many scenes with tears, because it is not the same fucking thing as there being too many scenes with crying. Say there are too many emotionally sad moments if you must, that would work too. But too much crying simply isn't fucking valid, because tears and crying AREN'T THE SAME FUCKING THING.

My issue isn't with what you're arguing, it's what you're saying. I will argue this with anyone on any fandom - SAY what you MEAN. Exaggeration and oversimplification should not be overused in this way, when you're trying to argue something seriously.
>>
>>79101018
Get of the internet Ronaldo
>>
>>79101043
>>79100636
Guys please you're jut regurgitating the same thing at this point. And you're obviously not gonna change each others minds.
>>
>>79095904
The only well handled characters in terms of relationships are actually between the humans imo (eg. Steven and Connie, Lars and Sadie)
>>
>>79100637
same diff IMO

>>79100631
Peridot was taught that Rose was a traditor on homeworld and Garnet originally wanted to stop the rebels as Ruby because she didn't know anything about her.
>>
>>79101088
>Hollow earth
Confirmed
>Diamond Authority
Confirmed
>Sneople
...Soon?

Everything Ronaldo predicted has come true.
>>
>>79100636
She also said Sadie was her insert on Inkstuds. http://www.inkstuds.org/inkstuds-on-the-road-part-7-rebecca-sugar/
>>
>>79099310
xx is default
>>
>>79096808
basically
>>
>>79095667
peridot is a spaz, to be sure, but she clearly remembers her lessons from earlier episodes. she just had a conflict of interests up until now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.